Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bank changing - cut off time?

mikedub

When changing bank, if you press bank up for example, it will flash on the next bank for about 5 seconds and then if you don't select a patch the unit will revert back to the bank where the currently selected patch is stored.

Is there a setting that stops it reverting back?

For example, I may be using a patch on bank 23 for the verse and then want to use a patch on bank 24 for the solo and then back to a patch on bank 23 for the verse again...

I know I can store these patches on the same bank somewhere if I choose to but just wondering if there is a setting somewhere when i can change this.

No, you can't do this. Changing to a patch in a new bank is a 2-step process. You need to first identify the new bank with one (or more) taps on the bank change switch, then identify the specific patch in that bank by tapping on the specific preset switch. You can't do both in one foot tap. Hence,until both steps are completed the device blinks the lights to let you know you're not done yet. If you don't complete the operation within a few seconds (not user-definable) the device assumes you don't actually want to change patches right now and the display reverts to the current patch because it hasn't been changed.

The ability to store and load setlists would help alleviate some of the issue. If you could drag and drop patches into place and then send them all to the firehawk it wouldn't be so cumbersome to set up banks and you could have a bank for each song you play, if you want to hear the factory presets you should be able to just load all those up too, the whole saving and loading process seems to be behind when using the app technology which I find to be well nifty

I've just timed it and you get 5 seconds... I struggle with this when I'm coming out of a solo because I'm a man that cannot multitask at all ... I end up playing the end of the solo out of key, coming in on the wrong chord, at the wrong time due to the lag between patches and with a the cry of a wild banshee between tones due to the delay artefacts. I'm surprised I haven't been kicked out of the band yet to be fair 🙈

Seriously though, is it just me that can't cope with only 4 patches per bank? LOL

I know some people will say just use the stomps but I can't get the sounds I want this way 😭

Yeah I find 4 patches to be just enough for any given song, for example we do a cover of dakota by the stereophonic so I use

1)synth sound for intro

2)clean sound for verse picking riff

3)dirty harmonised for chorus lead

4)dirty for outro

Then I bank up for the next song which might use 4 completely different patches

Are you using more than 4 patches in one song?

I don't think I am using more than 4 patches per song to be fair.  I'll have to set up a bank for each song like you say, just seems a lot of faffing around when i could probably cope with 8 sounds for the majority of songs.  I'd be fine using 2 or 3 banks if the thing didn't second guess me and assume I'd hit the bank up/down pedal by mistake just because i haven't changed patch immediately.

I guess I'll have to program 30 banks.... and then we will change the order of our set list and the banks will all be in the wrong order :wacko:

Another one for the ever growing list of possible improvements... Make the 5 second cut off when changing banks a programmable parameter (on / off ... OR ... 5 - 99 seconds)...