Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware Update Anticipation Thread

HMPoweredMan

Extrapolating from some other discussions on these forums, it would appear that a firmware update is imminent to address some issues from slow patch switching times to RLOD (Red Light of Death) Issues.

Line6 Expert Says

"There is a firmware update coming that is intended to address the lag and artifacts issues. We don't know when. But if you like the sounds and can be a little patient you probably will be happy in the end."

Forum User Says:

"So I called Line 6 Europe support today, an update should be released in September but could not be more specific. I am struggling to compensate as I play rhythm & lead too."

Forum User Says:

"A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Firehawk fx from a music store that sells also online, because I could not find it in my city. 

It was not available but I could preorder it, since it was already "on the way" to the shop. 
Two days ago I sent the shop an email asking for an update and they told me that Yamaha informed them that all the Firehawk are currently stopped in Germany for an "update" that shouldn't be just the normal firmware, but they couldn't give any detail more, and that therefore I should be happy of this delay because it will be "positive" for me in the end.

Could this be a hardware/firmware fix for this issue?"

So I figured I would make this thread in anticipation for the upcoming update.

What are you hoping will be fixed or changed?

I need faster patch changes and much less noise when switching patches

Anything else is a bonus, but I agree with almost everything already submitted on ideascale so there a literally hundreds of improvements that could be made, my favourites so far are

1)the ability to save/load entire set lists

2)the ability to overwrite when editing an existing patch

3)I don't want to resync everytime I put the app in the background

4)give us some free new amps/effects to say sorry for letting your loyal customers down

Remember in "Line -6 speak ". , imminent release of Firehawk FX firmware means We will be lucky to see this by year end 2015, possibly not until spring 2016 (based upon being a Line -6 user for 17 years) at this hour, they still have much to do with implementing FW rev 1,10 features for their Helix flagship processor. Read the AMPLIFI forum for a reality check on waiting for firmware updates.

As a video editor, with a constant back-log of projects to complete, I know the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Perhaps a gentle nudge from all the Firehawk users wouldn't be a bad idea. Just by joining in this thread and letting them (Line 6) know we are patiently waiting. So here's my 2 cents...

First cent...   The obvious problems with slow patch change and noise that accompanies it.

Second cent....   Maybe a way to be able to purchase more models and effects via model pacs.

Now lets see if we can get all the Firehawk users to unite.....  Please post your thoughts...

There's no way I would part with anymore money for model packs or whatever, the way I see it this paperweight owes me £350 as it is absolutely useless for my needs (seriously I haven't powered it up in over 2 months)

We should be rewarded for sticking this out with free amps and free effects

I think zoom do something like that with their multistomp pedals, every month or so they release a new amp or effect for purchase and you can try them out for free before you buy. I think it's a brilliant idea as it keeps you coming back and everybody looks forward to "effect day"