Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

IOS9 compatibility

Sifever

It's a shame the compatibility statement wasn't emailed out to registered users!

I'd already updated my iPhone and iPad to IOS9.

It was only logging into Line 6 to see if there was a problem that I came across the statement, too late, I now have a useless Amplifi 150

I hope the app is updated soon.

• Upvote 1

This is a substantial and on going failing on the part of Line 6. To predicate the operation of your Amplifi series on the use of the required use of Apples ios platform and then do nothing when this operating system is upgraded which appears to be a surprise to Line 6 every time, that is some pretty unsophisticated understanding of technology in the 21st century. And when your tech supports response is in essence, "yeah, i know, stuff doesn't work...bummer. Hang in there" that is also a very bad sign.

Would some member of Line 6's upper management please have to courage to come to this forum and tell thousands of their customers why they  should be content when their gear now operates at about 3% of its capabilities for months at a time, all this while Line 6 once again plays catch-up to to this crazy company called apple  that has the nerve to improve upon their products

• Upvote 3

This is a substantial and on going failing on the part of Line 6. To predicate the operation of your Amplifi series on the use of the required use of Apples ios platform and then do nothing when this operating system is upgraded which appears to be a surprise to Line 6 every time, that is some pretty unsophisticated understanding of technology in the 21st century. And when your tech supports response is in essence, "yeah, i know, stuff doesn't work...bummer. Hang in there" that is also a very bad sign.

Would some member of Line 6's upper management please have to courage to come to this forum and tell thousands of their customers why they  should be content when their gear now operates at about 3% of its capabilities for months at a time, all this while Line 6 once again plays catch-up to to this crazy company called apple  that has the nerve to improve upon their products

Thank you for this clear words!! I like my Amplifi very much, but some details can be improved. E.g bluetooth conection (lost con.) and update informations.

Hey what the hell?  I go to play the Amplifi 150 today and it's not working?  Reset the phone, try to do the Bluetooth thing again, complete waste of time.  After raging for a bit my son checks it out and tells me it's not compatible with iOS 9???  Really????  Sure enough he sets it up with his iPod 5 and it works fine.  To think I was actually considering buying a Helix....yeah OKAY.  Time to start shopping tube amps and pedals, all I need is electricity.  So pissed right now, can't use the product I paid for.    

Edit - What a joke and people want to talk about this thing being gig ready?  I never really thought it was but after this now I'm just LMAO at the question. 

Go to my Topic for a fix to this problem... I have talked to Line 6 about this problem almost a year ago when Apple updated the IOS 6 to 7 and I started to have connection problems. That's been how long now and Line 6 still has not done a thing to fix this... All it is a firmware update Line 6 needs to do.

Hey Ejcusa. Are you referring to the itunes ios downgrade to fix the problem? If so, I will have to wait for Line 6 to fix this as I am already making use of the new features on ios9. I was hoping for an easier fix. You refer to "my topic" for the fix - I dont see it - perhaps just post the link :-)

Hey Ejcusa - I found what you were referring to - it is the downgrade option. I will use an old iphone for now (with the hope Line 6 sorts this out as a matter of urgency). I have to say, I am utterly stunned that Line 6 is not taking this more seriously. I cannot believe it is taking so long - there are many disgruntled customers who will think twice about supporting Line 6 in future if this is what we are to expect with new technology. Line 6 - this is jsut not good enough!!!! Come on guys, get your act together!

This is a major issue and we should have been warned in an e-mail to registered users.    I updated my i-phone on Wednesday and then hit the road to the most important gig of the year on Friday night.   Guess what?    I couldn't run my Amplify FX100 since the Line6 Remote App wouldn't open on my phone.  I frantically reset my phone, rebooted the pedal board, disconnected and reconnected my Bluetooth.......nothing worked.   The biggest gig of the year (my band playing for my 40th High School class reunion) and I had no tones rendering my electric useless for the night.   

If you are making products for performing musicians, you can't let this type of thing happen!   At least give us a warning so we can be prepared.   This past week (after the big gig)  I spent hours doing firmware upgrades and trying everything possible to make things work.......finally checked the forum and found the statement about the iOS issue.  I was able to reconnect my board using my wife's i-phone (not yet updated) and downloaded my tones to the patches on the board, so I'm back up and running for now.    

Line6 really dropped the ball on this one and you folks need to get your act together before the next iOS upgrade.   I would also expect a quick resolution for those of us left hanging here with gear we can't use to it's full potential.  

This is a major issue and we should have been warned in an e-mail to registered users.    I updated my i-phone on Wednesday and then hit the road to the most important gig of the year on Friday night.   Guess what?    I couldn't run my Amplify FX100 since the Line6 Remote App wouldn't open on my phone.  I frantically reset my phone, rebooted the pedal board, disconnected and reconnected my Bluetooth.......nothing worked.   The biggest gig of the year (my band playing for my 40th High School class reunion) and I had no tones rendering my electric useless for the night.   

If you are making products for performing musicians, you can't let this type of thing happen!   At least give us a warning so we can be prepared.   This past week (after the big gig)  I spent hours doing firmware upgrades and trying everything possible to make things work.......finally checked the forum and found the statement about the iOS issue.  I was able to reconnect my board using my wife's i-phone (not yet updated) and downloaded my tones to the patches on the board, so I'm back up and running for now.    

Line6 really dropped the ball on this one and you folks need to get your act together before the next iOS upgrade.   I would also expect a quick resolution for those of us left hanging here with gear we can't use to it's full potential.  

Wow you really got unlucky, can't imagine how angry you must've been as you were frantically trying to figure out a way to get it working so you could play your gig.  I have to say, now that I cooled off about the whole thing I am really surprised about this.  I'm starting to wonder if there's a problem with fixing this because you would think that they'd have patched it by now, I wonder what the problem could be and why there isn't a fix yet?  Really hard to believe that it's not working, plain and simple. 

Line 6 has had not updates since 2014, at least for the Amplifi Remote app. Its funny how I seen other apps have two updates in one day, but Line 6 said they have to wait because of Apple..... When the disconnection problem started. I called Line 6 about it... That was like months ago and still Line 6 did nothing to fix it.

....... I updated my i-phone on Wednesday and then hit the road to the most important gig of the year on Friday night.

Really? (...sigh...) You did that without first checking to ensure that your gig-critical apps would run on the updated iOS?

I'm not saying that Line 6 has no responsibility here. They certainly do, and they need to get a fix released asap. On the other hand we all need to take personal responsibility for managing ourselves and our gear. Frankly, updating the operating system on a piece of gear that you will rely on in 2 days for your most important gig of the year..... Not prudent to say the least, whether that pice of gear is a mobile device, a desktop computer, or a guitar processor.

I have not heard a thing other than being told a couple of weeks (this was last week) , and to give them a couple of weeks because I asked for a Refund of my Amplify purchase price, they said they were willing to work with my Dealer to get a refund if not..so that's another option, just get your money back! it is not useful for the purpose that it was intended for and has not been for me for a long time as it also drops the bluetooth connection ALL the time, and now it does not work at all without the APP! another thing to provide more pressure is to file a Better Business bureau Complaint and your state's Consumer Protection Agency. I also feel it is not right for them not to notify us in advance, I also feel it was not right to not have the app ready for IOS9..they had plenty of time, and they never bothered to fix the bluetooth issues at all with me at least they did not.. I even had a new replacement and it did the same thing dropped connection all the time. 

Really? (...sigh...) You did that without first checking to ensure that your gig-critical apps would run on the updated iOS?

that's not really a fair statement, why should we have to first check? Why should we have to do that?, that's not our job, it's their job...not our's...if we had to check all the time, why even buy it or have them...make's no sense..that's not the idea...beta testers, and all kinds of resources they can use at their fingertips, they just didn't, just like they ignored the bluetooth disconnects problem...mine has not worked right since I got it in January.. 

• Upvote 1

I think it is fair. I don't think one should just assume that all app designers (there are many more apps that don't yet work on iOS 9) have updated apps ready as soon as a new iOS is released. In most cases the app may not be critical and so it's not so important. But if you know you have a mission critical app that you will rely on soon after the update, I believe you are personally responsible for doing your research before updating.

Again,Line 6 needs to release the iOS9 compatible app asap. Meantime, it's our responsibility to act accordingly. There is some user responsibility here, too. (IMHO)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

that's not really a fair statement, why should we have to first check? Why should we have to do that?, that's not our job, it's their job...not our's...if we had to check all the time, why even buy it or have them...make's no sense..that's not the idea...beta testers, and all kinds of resources they can use at their fingertips, they just didn't, just like they ignored the bluetooth disconnects problem...mine has not worked right since I got it in January.. 

Well, personally, it's kind of my policy to hold off on making any changes to my rig right before a gig. I've gotten a new pedal the week of a gig and held off on putting on my pedalboard just because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of having to deal with something if there was some unforeseen issue. It just happens. I'm not saying this to defend Line 6. Just saying it as a matter of course. At work, I would try to avoid installing an update to mission critical software at all costs if I had a big deadline coming up and I was depending on using it. I've just had enough things not work in my life that I've learned that if something is working, sometimes the best thing to do is not mess with it.

I don't know why Line 6 seems to have been caught flat-footed at this release. Perhaps it was just a matter of having limited resources and allocating them to different things. Perhaps there was an unforeseen issue at the last minute. Without them telling us, we just don't know. Even if they did tell us, it wouldn't change the circumstances for people who've updated. Yes, something like an email blast would have maybe helped, but I don't think it would have helped that much. So many people simply ignore emails or have accounts that they never check. Probably the only surefire way to do something would have been to send a push notification through the app, but I don't even know if they have that ability.

Yes,  Line 6 tech support really dropped the ball on this one.   I depend on my blue tooth connectivity with my iPad and Amplifi 100 - I teach guitar and to have access to various signature tones that I have stored in "My Tones" library is critical.  Just to be fair Apple has a much bigger role in this mess.  ITunes can no longer can see any of my Devices using Window's 10.  Between Apple and Line 6 - I feel like just got the ONE - TWO Punch.   

• Upvote 1

I think it is fair. I don't think one should just assume that all app designers (there are many more apps that don't yet work on iOS 9) have updated apps ready as soon as a new iOS is released. In most cases the app may not be critical and so it's not so important. But if you know you have a mission critical app that you will rely on soon after the update, I believe you are personally responsible for doing your research before updating.

Again,Line 6 needs to release the iOS9 compatible app asap. Meantime, it's our responsibility to act accordingly. There is some user responsibility here, too. (IMHO)

I agree somewhat, but in this case it's like a Reliability issue, like a car, I should not have to check the bolts to make sure they are tight every time I drive, or Make sure the thing is going to hold together to work, we just relay on it to work most of the time, and regular maintenance keeps it that way till it just breaks..

Same here, Reliability is Key and if it is not, then it's useless. And to much time is involved on our part to make sure..

This is a Gig Ready Amp, and it should be regardless..sure there is some checks but those are normally preformed on site at a gig and we can fix the problem if it don't, like a car, or a preflight check on an airplane, we don't expect an outright failure out of the box and on going, it's more like a lemon amp...

In this case the app is mission critical, and not one that can afford to relax on an update..and let's remember this it was a MAJOR Update, that should have been taken seriously, it's not a 9.02 update if you get the drift..and the beta was out 3 months ago minimum...

Fully agree with Michaelwalker, I was in a similar situation. Fortunately I realized the app was dead before my gig, unfortunately it was the working amp I had. Also I upgraded my iPhone 5s to the 6s so downgrading is not an option for me. Ended up buying a new amp. For me this was the last straw for line 6! I loved the idea of amplifi, but when I need it most, it seems to be having the most problems. Tired of failed updates, Bluetooth connectivity and inability to operate the amplifi because Line 6 failure to make the app compatible with iOS 9. I messed around with the beta and realized it wasn't working with amplifi in late June. You think Line 6 would have figured it out around that time as well. It was fun while it lasted! This is the last Line 6 product I will ever invest in.

My issue is the lack of support or response to any communications. Just received an email from Native Instruments, advising of upcoming compatibility issues with Mac updates, so it's obviously not that difficult to let your registered customers know of imminent issues. Line6 have dropped the ball here and they know it. Maybe they didn't know, maybe they didn't have time to update...... I'd just like someone to come out and make a statement to set our expectations. Not "we know and we're working on it", but perhaps some idea of an estimated timescale. We just want to know where we stand.

• Upvote 1

In this case the app is mission critical, and not one that can afford to relax on an update..and let's remember this it was a MAJOR Update, that should have been taken seriously, it's not a 9.02 update if you get the drift..and the beta was out 3 months ago minimum...

I agree with you 100% here. ALL parties should have taken this update seriously, users as well as Line 6. Can't explain why Line 6 is behind on this. But that doesn't absolve users of their responsibility to do their own due diligence for mission critical apps.

I agree with you 100% here. ALL parties should have taken this update seriously, users as well as Line 6. Can't explain why Line 6 is behind on this. But that doesn't absolve users of their responsibility to do their own due diligence for mission critical apps.

Right so it's somehow our fault that we are using the current version of the operating system?

Sales in the UK are covered by the 1979 Sales of goods act, this states that goods sold must fit 'fit for purpose'. Clearly this product is no longer fit for purpose and therefore as consumers we have the right for either the product to be fixed in a timely manner or be given a refund. Mines going back on Saturday if there's no update by then and the retailer can sort it out with Line6.

• Upvote 2

Sat down this evening to practice.... and have spent the evening trying to "fix" the app on my I-pad! then I tried it with my I-phone and it dawned on me. the app isn't working with ios 9. So I came on the forum and sure enough there are many very frustrated guitarists out there. Now I am a hobby musician so while its a pain, it's not costing me (apart from

having bought an amp that does not do what I expect it to) but what about all the pro guys out there who are depending on their rigs! Come on Line 6 you need to sort this ...FAST! I am already looking for another (more conventional) amp and it won't be from the line 6 store if this if not fixed pretty quick.

Right so it's somehow our fault that we are using the current version of the operating system?

Sales in the UK are covered by the 1979 Sales of goods act, this states that goods sold must fit 'fit for purpose'. Clearly this product is no longer fit for purpose and therefore as consumers we have the right for either the product to be fixed in a timely manner or be given a refund. Mines going back on Saturday if there's no update by then and the retailer can sort it out with Line6.

I want to emphasize for new users here that I am not a Line 6 employee.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/general-faq/line-6-community-members-experts-and-technica-r147

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect Line 6 policy. They would never say what I have said here, but I stand by it.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/general-faq/line-6-community-members-experts-and-technica-r147

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect Line 6 policy. They would never say what I have said here, but I stand by it.

I'll agree that updating to the latest OS right before a gig might not be the best idea and I guess that's a lesson to be learned the hard way but that limited circumstance aside, I myself didn't think twice about updating my phone, especially with Apple products you just sorta have to and like others I wasted a lot of time trying to get it working before I checked here to see if there was an issue.  Also if you're a gigging musician you need a backup to the backup plan and that's not criticizing the other poster, I'm extremely empathetic to his situation and I might have made the same mistake myself but nevertheless IMO the Amplifi 150 isn't professional grade and it wasn't meant to be or priced that way and I wouldn't have relied on it even before this happened.  Again that's just my opinion, I always viewed it as good for practice/hobby use but I wouldn't have confidence in it for gigging.  Anyway I'm sure Line 6 is working hard to fix this, let's face it, it's in their best interest to however I'm watching how this situation unfolds very carefully and it will factor into my decision to spend $2500 on a Helix and StageSource because if I was relying on THAT equipment for a gig and it was rendered useless because it wasn't compatible with a long-known-about update to an OS then that would be unforgivable (does the Helix and StageSource have everything on-board to operate as advertised, I wasn't concerned about that until now?).

Eitherway if Line 6 can't come up with a fix shortly then they better address the issue somehow.  I mean correct me if I'm wrong but aren't people out there still buying these?  Amplifi can be tricky to work with when you know what you're doing let alone if you just brought it home and was trying to figure out what's going on and why it's not working the way it's supposed to, can't imagine the frustration level there.  One good idea that someone came up with that I read on these boards was for Line 6 to implement a PC-based interface as well, it's a good backup plan.  I'm also wondering if Amplifi will become obsolete after a while, how long will Line 6 keep up with compatibility with new iOS updates? 

Well that's a good thing, your not lol...it's not our job to make sure we don't do an update, there are to many good things about IOS9 that why would we not do an update?, we trust Apple! and now not line 6! 

Line 6 Should have made a notification if they could not meet a time frame, or just plain out right could not fix the issue, but in this case I feel they just went on their merry way not to even noticed it did not work until it was to late...Same with the Bluetooth, To many customers like me thought it was us with the Bluetooth connection so it got ignored, because we were told we were doing something wrong, like updates, Reload the software, Delete the App then apply it again, all kinds of garbage fixes...

i thought I was Crazy for awhile cause I could not get the bluetooth to work....

Guess what it never worked, it just so happens we are lucky this time with the IOS9 update did the bluetooth thing get noticed...

hmm, now what's going to happen with the Fix or update, we are going to be on pins and needles to ever trust it...

My bandmate is coming over to record tonight. When we get to the guitar parts, we'll just sit hear, staring at my cold dead brick of an Amplifi 150.

Line 6, hear me now and believe me later... you guys GOTTA MAKE A DESKTOP VERSION OF THE AMPLIFI REMOTE SOFTWARE.

Amiright or amiright? Yeah Imaright.

Silverhead

It is not the user's responsibility to expect the product to work as advertised. This was an annual IOS update with Beta versions available for developers for many months before release. My iPhone and iPad still work after this release. The consumer should expect the manufacturer to ensure compatibility and test to that result. I have always given Line 6 credit for excellent customer service when deserved as it has given to me in the past. But, this is inexcusable. I expect this to be corrected immediately and I expect Line 6 to offer fair compensation for this product not being usable as advertised. I would realistically consider an offer to receive an Amplfi 150 in exchange for my Amplify 75. That's a $100.00 difference. I think my inconvenience is worth at least that. For the 150 guys, I think Line 6 should pay them $100.00 screw up fee. That might save some of their long time customers.

I'm not saying that Line 6 has no responsibility here. They certainly do, and they need to get a fix released asap. On the other hand we all need to take personal responsibility for managing ourselves and our gear. Frankly, updating the operating system on a piece of gear that you will rely on in 2 days for your most important gig of the year..... Not prudent to say the least, whether that pice of gear is a mobile device, a desktop computer, or a guitar processor.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you here !

It is completely Line 6's responsibility to make it's users are aware of problems. I started this topic with the basic of requests, that Line 6 email their registered users, it's plain and simple customer service !

I get plenty of Line 6 advertising emailed to me, but it doesn't occur to them that a warning email would be appropriate? !!

I have too much going on in my life to consider checking every App will work after an IOS upgrade, they just should, all my other Apps work.

A company the size of Line 6 should be completely on the ball when they are relying on a third party operating system, and Apple would have given them plenty of notice to make changes and apply fixes.

I feel for the people on here who are using the amp in a live situation and for paying gigs. I personally only have the Amplifi 150 at home as a practice tool, so I'm getting by with the 4 sounds I had preset, but it's not ideal and I hate things when they're not working properly.

There is no estimate.  All we have is their word that they're working on it.  Frankly, I don't trust that statement.

Why wouldn't you trust it? Obviously it's in their best interest to get it fixed. They're still selling these products, and it's not like they want people to be unhappy and return them. I understand the frustration people feel over this, but I don't understand the sentiments to the effect that Line 6 wants to screw people over. What company tries to do that?

phil_m

I don't think that Line 6 wants to screw people over as you say.

However I work for a guest service industry and Line 6 is doing a very poor job here.

They should bring in a special team to work on this Amplifi project. Spend money get it done.

Saying its takes long for Apple to process new apps is BS. Apple will expedite an app if asked. Apple

also sends out beta apps so that they can be tested to avoid problems such as these. My personal feeling

is that Line 6 was stretched thin because the release of Helix was falling behind. The APP update and a 

serious Firmware update should happen asap. Mine Amplifi hasn't worked properly for nine months.

Compensation

This is a big one. Line 6 has many many frustrated guitar players. Guitar players are the most relaxed people until someone

tries to take advantage of them. This is how I and I suspect many other Amplifi owners feel. We have been put on the back burner.

I will leave this up to Line 6 but I have large expectations.

Thank you

to day I receife this per e-mail

this advertising from Line6 in Germany

Das Bundle zum Ãœben, Spielen und Aufnehmen!
Holen Sie sich CUBASE LE – für AMPLIFi TT-Besitzer ist es kostenlos
get_cubase_le_free_with_amplify_tt_2.jpg
Die perfekte Gitarrenschnittstelle für den Schreibtisch verdient leistungsfähige Aufnahme-Software. Wer sich zwischen dem 1. September und 31. Dezember 2015 einen AMPLIFi TT kauft, darf sich Cubase LE 8 kostenlos herunterladen.
Mit dieser Software kann man professionell Musik produzieren!
weitere_infos_hier_blue_transparent.png

I don't understand why they didn't notify registered users.....further more why does no one answer phones at line6. I tried technical support to see the progress made on this issue. I tried marketing to drop a few suggestions. I tried hr to see if anyone worked there and then I contacted accounts so I could respectfully request my money back and finally I tried to speak to someone about being a reseller so I could sell them this brick back.....no one answered emails or phones. These guys need to get it together .....epic fail line6. I've supported you for years by using your gear in my shows and studio and this is another example of poor customer service ......I will not purchase another line6 product nor will I suggest the purchase of one.