Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Peavey 5150 amp tone + PodHD fx + Boss noise gate

roesler1331

Hello everyone. Is anybody using an external noise gate with their pod HD 500 while it is connected to their amp via 4 cable method? I would like to use my Peavey 5150's tone with the effects of my pod hd 500 and my Boss NS-2 noise gate. Is it possible to properly connect the noise gate into the four cable chain?

post-1055051-0-67504500-1443203487_thumb.png

post-1055051-0-84961200-1443203538_thumb.jpg

Hi, I don't own the ns-2 but I'd say this is how it should be done:

gtr > ns2 in > ns2 send > pod in > "pre fx" > pod send > amp in > amp send > ns2 return > ns2 out > pod return > "post fx" > pod out > amp return

wow... that's a 6-cable method ;) a LOT of cables!
so I'd compare this to just putting a pod's internal noise gate after the fx loop return and see if it's worth it

Hi 

I have the NS2 and think it's pretty cool. Yes, it does coler the sound a little bit but for me it's a part of the sound... If I had answered this earlier i would have done as perapera showed. Should have worked…

In my rigg today I have split my pedal board in two sections. One part is mounted in my 19" rack (dist and OD switched with a Gizmo midi box) and left on my pedal board is a tuner, boost pedal, a compressor and my NS2. The NS2 only have the boost in the send/return... and it works great.

So my suggestion is that you try this --> gtr > ns2 in > ns2 send > pod in > "pre fx" > pod send > ns2 return > ns2 out > amp in > amp send > pod return > "post fx" > pod out > amp return

I use the gate in the POD too, but there are situations where the NS2 is more effective and if it didn’t set itself in off mode when powered on I probably left it on forever…

There is a few saying the unit is noisy and suck tone, I do not have those problems (play blues so the tone should have the blues:-). There are mods for it, ea - http://www.monteallums.com/pedal_mods.html#NS2  

//Per