Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 150 Bluetooth problem

ppepin77

Hello, Line 6 community. We have unfortunately found that the following Line 6 app is not compatible with iOS 9 and therefore will not work:

·AMPLIFi Remote
·Firehawk Remote: *See below
·Stagescape Remote: Resolved by a change made by Apple

We highly recommend that AMPLIFi iOS users do not upgrade their mobile devices to iOS 9. Updated devices cannot be rolled back to a previous iOS version. Because we’ve made the resolution of this issue a high priority, we are very close to releasing software updates that provide AMPLIFi with iOS 9 compatibility, as well as other performance improvements for both AMPLIFi and Firehawk. Please check our AMPLIFi and Firehawk forums periodically for the latest information on availability.

We thank you for your patronage and your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced.

*We incorrectly flagged the Firehawk Remote app as incompatible with iOS 9. Firehawk Remote is fully compatible with iOS 9 and can be used without restrictions

Hey what the hell?  I go to play the Amplifi 150 today and it's not working?  Reset the phone, try to do the Bluetooth thing again, complete waste of time.  After raging for a bit my son checks it out and tells me it's not compatible with iOS 9???  Really????  Sure enough he sets it up with his iPod 5 and it works fine.  To think I was actually considering buying a Helix....yeah OKAY.  Time to start shopping tube amps and pedals, all I need is electricity.  So pissed right now, can't use the product I paid for.    

Edit - What a joke and people want to talk about this thing being gig ready?  I never really thought it was but after this now I'm just LMAO at the question. 

Ejcusa1 - thank you very much for your contribution to allowing people to roll iOS to the prior version. However, this is not the answer for everyone, since many people have dozens or hundreds of apps on their phone, and having to stay out of date just for one app is not really a solution.

Shame on Line6 for assigning their resources elsewhere. This kind of insulting lack of product support is difficult to forget.

Moderato I agree with with you. I too had money set aside ready to buy HELIX before all this Amlpifi crap started happening.

No way in hell now. I've been playing all kinds of tube amps and really playing guitar instead turning knobs to find a sound.

Funny thing. I dragged out my Pod X3 Live which actually doesn't sound too bad and started going back over emails as to why I stopped using it.

USB issues the X3 Lives were plaged with them. The USB would drop out intermittently. Wait a minute. Isn't that what that Amplifi is doing except it's Bluetooth this time? This along with the iOS update that is taking forever.

Holy Crap Line 6 what is going on here?

Moderato I agree with with you. I too had money set aside ready to buy HELIX before all this Amlpifi crap started happening.

No way in hell now. I've been playing all kinds of tube amps and really playing guitar instead turning knobs to find a sound.

Funny thing. I dragged out my Pod X3 Live which actually doesn't sound too bad and started going back over emails as to why I stopped using it.

USB issues the X3 Lives were plaged with them. The USB would drop out intermittently. Wait a minute. Isn't that what that Amplifi is doing except it's Bluetooth this time? This along with the iOS update that is taking forever.

Holy Crap Line 6 what is going on here?

I know, this isn't like it's a minor glitch or something, it's a bit hard to believe.  I just don't get what's taking so long, would like some communication, I mean how long is it going to be until I can start using this thing again?