Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk FX Part 1 of my video series now uploaded.

PeterJH

Carrying on from my series on the POD HD500X, I've just uploaded the first part of the Firehawk FX series.

I've been quite impressed with the tones that this unit is capable of and have covered a few of the amps in the video.

The guitars were recorded straight into the desk and no post processing was carried out. Reverbs and delays were from the Firehawk. I found that it was fairly easy to come up with tones that I liked.

I plan to cover a number of topics in the series including effects, eq and patch creation.

Cheers,

Peter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcY_NO4tySk&feature=youtu.be

• Upvote 1

Thanks, guys.

@ Mcbeddall, I want to try and have my patches available on my website but it doesn't look like it's possible. It's either saved to the cloud, or the FH itself. Not really ideal for me.

If I can work it out I'll put my patches up for download.

Cheers.

Ok so I had a look on my Android phone and when you hit the cloud icon it gives you the option of uploading to the cloud or share

(when I hit share I get an error saying I can only share tones I've created, I have created my tones by modifying the presets on the firehawk so maybe they don't count as mine or maybe I just found yet another bug)

Normally when I hit share in other apps one of the options that comes up is "copy to clipboard " you can then paste that as a weblink (I can't get that far so I'm only assuming)

Peter! Sounds great, nice demo.  Sounds as good as the HD500 to my ears -- on computer speakers anyway :P

How much futzing around did you have to do to get your tones. I am an HD500 guy so is the Firehawk that much easier to reach tone nirvana?

How reliable was the bluetooth?

thanks, you have a good style in your playing...very enjoyable.

Peter! Sounds great, nice demo.  Sounds as good as the HD500 to my ears -- on computer speakers anyway :P

How much futzing around did you have to do to get your tones. I am an HD500 guy so is the Firehawk that much easier to reach tone nirvana?

How reliable was the bluetooth?

thanks, you have a good style in your playing...very enjoyable.

It comes preloaded with a Nirvana tone 'Come as You Are'  ^_^

Thanks for the comments everyone.

@Mcbeddall - Thanks for the info. I'm gonna check it out. If I can get it to work I'll upload those patches to my site for download.

@ PRSguy - Yes, I agree. It does sound as good as the HD500X. The main difference is that It's a bit easier to get tones out of it. Yes, I still had to eq some patches but the eq is extremely user friendly.

Regarding the Bluetooth, there were occasions where I lost connection which was a bit frustrating but once connected again it seemed to work fine. Thanks for your comments on the playing.

I haven't upgraded the firmware yet to 1.20 but will do so soon.

Cheers,

Peter.