Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax =Various problems (New Video) October 2015

Hi !

Since i bought this Guitar the problem is still there (JTV-69 HSS Sunburst)

The Alt Tune roller knob for easily accessing instrument sounds and alternate tunings (problems) ect ...

WHAT IS GOING ON ?

VIDEO UPDATE : OCTOBER 7 2015

VAriax=VArious problems here https://youtu.be/RDJFAqsnueo

**The Electronics seems to be a mess** ... the Variax is almost unusable !

I use the Variax very rarely ...this is why i am late to show all the mess on this Guitar JTV-69 ...

**The Alternative Tuning doesn't work at all** ... the normal tuning is heard at the same time that i use all the alternatives tuning ( 2 string sound at the same time)...a mess that i can't fixe !

**The cap of the selective button has fallen to the ground for nothing** ...  i fix it but at the same time, by pasting the selection Cape button, **I glimpsed that the pickguard is not well bonded and lets a lot of light of the electronics pass through** (just below the pickups selector) ... again shame on Line 6.

**The Selective guitar button doesn't work at all** ... when i switch it off by pressing on, it stay illumined or it flash !?

It's difficult to Switch it off or to Switch it On at the first try ... i have to try many time with a lot of patience !...

its make me crazy: A LOT !

But the most strange thing OF ALL is that i do not have acces to monkey & TO my email adress in Line 6 website : WHAT IS GOING ON ! ... & we are on a ticket since 3 weeks : BRAVO !

Everything is up to date ... i even buy yesterday the line 6 hd fully loaded bundle thinking that maybe the problem could be solved : NO !

Video demonstration :

Thanks

Daniel

• Downvote 1

I guess people who works at Line 6 have no such problems ... is that right?

Thanks for your sympathies !

Anyway it's for sale now at Kijiji !

My point was that blending the models with the mag pickups is a feature of the guitar...it can be turned on or off, and this may have been enabled inadvertently. Your problem could have a very simple fix, so selling it off may be a bit premature. Plus, nobody will want a malfunctioning guitar. Try re-flashing the firmware, and when it asks you if you want to keep the existing models, say "no".

• Upvote 1

I'll second Cruisin's statement.  Don't assume there's anything wrong with that guitar before you do a complete reflash.  Do NOT pay any attention to mention of a built-in reset!  That does not apply to the 2.x firmware.  You need to connect to a computer and run Line6 Monkey.

I'm just thinking of troubleshooting 101 here. The re-flash has already mentioned, and should be done. After that, test the alt-tuning function by plugging the guitar via 1/4" (not Variax) directly into an amp and then try it. This'll ensure that there's nothing like a Pod patch or something else engaging the modeling and magnetic pickups at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...
HI

I have to sell this Variax ...but not in this situation : i really need help !

My patience is over with the Variax product !

& it's impossible to send the guitar to a luthier because it's an electronic mess ! 

So i am stuck with it ... mmmm ?

Oh man, YOUTUBE WILL BE MY FRIEND !