Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 and the Lack of Communication

ejcusa1

The problem with Line 6 is the Amplifi 75 and 150 are suppose to work with Apple and Android products. Line 6 advertises using the app with these devices. I bought the Amplifi 150 about a year ago. It is registered with Line 6. I had 3 Android devices that would not connect with the Amplifi 150. So, I bought an Apple iPad 2.... I hate Apple products. My iPad is a dedicated device to the Amplifi 150. At the time I got the iPad, it was on IOS 4 or 6. It worked great. No problems with connectivity. When IOS 7.? close to IOS 8 came out, I started to have problems with connectivity. I called Line 6... I sent them a message about this as well. They said that they are working on it. This was a year ago. I was given a TAG number. A lot of good it was.

Still no firmware up date from Line 6 and how many updated firmware came from Apple? So the gape between Line 6 and Apple widens. As Apple updates its IOS, Line 6 Amplifi starts having more and more problems till now, IOS 9 and the Amplifi app does not work at all. So, Line 6.... Your answer for this problem is the same answer you guys gave me a year ago.

"We are aware of this problem and working on it." 

I say BS... Line 6 has had a year to fix this... Now IOS 9 is here and what? Its going to be another year before the firmware is updated? The last Amplifi update was 2014 2.10....

Line 6 products work good, when they work. Sooner or latter.... Line 6 customers will be buying other products because of the lack of support for the products they have now.

Thank You.

• Upvote 2

You are spot on.  And if you look at the Line 6 response in one of the other threads on this topic you'll see that they're doing everything they can to avoid blame and to point the finger at others.  As for other apps having problems with IOS 9 (and every IOS upgrade), the difference is: 1) most of those apps released fixes within days of the release of IOS 9, and; 2) most are noncritical apps in the sense that users don't rely on them to control external hardware and systems.  I don't care if 7 Little Words doesn't function for a day or two, but it's whole 'nother ballgame when my $400 Amplifi 150 and $200 Amplifi TT are rendered useless because Line 6 can't get its act together.

Oh, and as a beta tester for IOS 9 on both my iPhone and iPad I can say I haven't had any problems with any of my other apps even since the appearance of the first beta or any of the subsequent updates.  Amplifi Remote is the only app I've had problems with.  And finally, as a user of Line 6 products since the original Axsys, this is emblematic of their customer service and support: it's always been abysmal.

I won't be considering a Helix.  That's too much money to dedicate to a product that's likely to be unreliable and lacking in service and support.  The Axe FX and Kemper products are more expensive, but you get what you pay for, and that's what I'll be looking at.