Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500 sound problem

aaronl1991

Hi, 

I've bought POD HD 500 and I am not exactly getting the right sound I don't think. The tones sound artificial and let me show you what I mean. I'm using the Synster Gates patch here: http://line6.com/customtone/search/?submitted=1&family=podhd500&search_term=Avenged+Sevenfold 

Could you guys give me some insight on how I can fix my tone?

Thanks.

Patch Test.mp3

The beautiful part about the HD500 is--- 

if you don't like the sounds you hear, you can always dial in something different. 

Forget about downloading someone else's tone. Make your own. 

The first thing you have to do is make sure your system settings are programmed properly. Those settings (especially if using someone else's tones) are going to make a huge difference in what you hear. If Little Jimmy has different his unit set to 'studio direct' and yours is set to 'combo', you will never hear what he heard when he made his patch. 

Too late. I was so upset with the product I sold it to buy a BOSS ME-80.

Well I guess that's reasonable....after all you did allow almost 5 whole hours between asking for some help and giving up entirely and selling off the unit, lmao. May The Force be with you, I suspect your gonna need it. ;)

Maybe the firehawk would have been a better bet?

Not all guitar players want to tinker with their setup...I like it, but some don't. So although it makes me scratch my head a bit there are some really great guitarists - musicians that don't care to know anything about their equipment other than I plug it in and it sounds good.

- musicians that don't care to know anything about their equipment other than I plug it in and it sounds good.

Having never experienced this with ANY piece of gear I've owned, I can't relate at all. Don't know if that's a failing on my part or not, but I've never once achieved instant tonal nirvana with any combo of guitar(s) and amp, no matter what was in the rig. The day I plug into something new and I'm instantly thrilled, with no need to adjust anything, I suspect I'll drop dead from the shock. ;)

Having never experienced this with ANY piece of gear I've owned, I can't relate at all. Don't know if that's a failing on my part or not, but I've never once achieved instant tonal nirvana with any combo of guitar(s) and amp, no matter what was in the rig. The day I plug into something new and I'm instantly thrilled, with no need to adjust anything, I suspect I'll drop dead from the shock. ;)

Don't buy a Helix then  :P