Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 annoying "pulse/throbbing" sound

ShawnJawn

I've had my UX2 for about 6 years now and I use the UX2 as my default playback device and with headphones. Lately, I have been experiencing this annoying and constant throbbing sound. This occurs even without Pod Farm open, without anything but the USB cable plugged in, with the "Phones" input knob all the way off, and with my PC volume muted. When I move the UX2 certain directions or placements on my desk, the throbbing noise decreases temporarily, but usually comes back. I've tried 3 different headphones, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and I have tried a Focusrite 2i4 so I don't know if it's just faulty hardware at this point, or something else. The throbbing doesn't pick up when recording, but it's super annoying.

Any florescent lighting being used?

Wall outlet 2-pronge or 3-pronge?

I have fluorescent bulbs in my lamp nearby, but it never gave me the pulsing noise before. I keep my UX2 in the keyboard tray of my glass desk, but I don't know if that's the problem? When I took it out of the tray and placed it on top of my PC, there was little to no noise.

It's similar to this layout http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-2802/k2-_0c865f4e-baec-4aaa-9de1-146db07ce877.v1.jpg