Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Will it work with Spider iV 75?

JaPPa

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if I can use a FX100 with my Spider IV 75. Could I set the amp on a clean channel without effects and use the FX100 as a board and effect controls? Would this be a cool 'modern' upgrade of my Spider IV. I have a Shortboard MKII but the stomp switch died so I'm looking for a new board, but the Shortboard MKII and the FX100 ar both around the 200 euro's. Hope you guys know some more! 

Cheers

Yes, you can do this. But you will be dealing with running modeled into modeling. Not to say you can’t tweak out good tones.  To use the FX100 with an amp it is typically preferred to go straight to the power amp, which you can’t do with because the Spider has no effects loop. Also, the FX100 will not integrate with your amp as a controller.

The tones and effects are already integrated nicely for the amp. Have you installed the FX Infusion 2.0?

IMHO the FX100 is better suited for jamming/recording with headphones, monitors, PA’s…

I personally wouln't view as an upgrade to your Spider.

But if you can demo it and it sounds good to you, that's all the really matters!!

Have you installed the FX Infusion 2.0?

Yes I have it installed. 

IMHO the FX100 is better suited for jamming/recording with headphones, monitors, PA’s…

I personally wouln't view as an upgrade to your Spider.

But if you can demo it and it sounds good to you, that's all the really matters!!

Fair point. I'll be using it for headphones too, since its a pain to connect a headphone to the Spider IV 75, so thats upgrade as well from my point of view.

• 2 months later...