Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UK Helix Arrival

lordalladin

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't wait....

I spent the money on a used M20d instead and will gain some extra DSP on the HD500 by offloading Compression, EQ, Delay, Doubling and Reverb to the M20d.

Plus the ability to record the band as separate tracks.  And I think it works quite well as a Live Mixer?

Played with my knackered old APX-6 (pre-amp dead, so pickups directly wired to the output socket) into the M20d and then into L2t and the sound was so good that time just passed without me noticing.

It's a shame as they have put a lot of effort into design and marketing this unit and all the in store demos etc. All I have been doing since placing my order early October is looking on this forum and watching demo videos. The more I read this forum the more issues people are having with firmware etc. And there isn't full l6 link integration or a computer edit .etc etc.

When / if the unit arrives at the local store I shall try and give it a test using frfr and a variax to try and make sure it's really what I want

I have bought into the line 6 line quite a bit as I have 2 x variax, pod HD 500 and dt 50 so far. Otherwise may have looked elsewhere.

Hmmm

Franky

• 2 weeks later...

A Yamaha employee was saying on another forum that all deliveries to UK retailers out to March 2016 are just to cover existing orders.  I take that to mean that it will be next Spring or even early Summer at the very earliest before Helix is generally available in the UK.

A Yamaha employee was saying on another forum that all deliveries to UK retailers out to March 2016 are just to cover existing orders.  I take that to mean that it will be next Spring or even early Summer at the very earliest before Helix is generally available in the UK.

i was in my local PMT at the weekend, and i got basically the same story.

i have no patience, ill have saved for an axe fx by then lol

My Local Gg store had no positive info and said don't hold your breath and indicated 2016 (October pre order)

Variax integration to one side I may start looking at other products such as axe fx etc. There may be a way of processing dual inputs say variax mags plus the the piezo from my pod 500hd then into other gear for the modelling and cabs etc.

I'm seeing all these early adopters as being really testers for the product although they have paid in full. There is something afoot either serious production issues or legal problems. And all the marketing efforts worldwide seemed to have slowed off ....

Hi yes just another pro asking when IS HELIX arriving i have placed a deposit but no info as to when i will see it ....You know if i ran my business in this way i think i would be out of it soon , they must have so much money to invest in a sales demo tour and international music trade shows but then to be unable to not only supply the goods but also no firm delivery date. Why design and sell pro equipment and not be able to give a pro service is this the way things will be now YAMAHA are owners .

i have had a mixture of replies from line 6 USA facebook messages and from someone called Christian in Germany and no help from Tony on here and no reply from a YAMAHA email !!!!! ...so i guess its back to Roland and Marshall for my forthcoming studio sessions ....i have ordered through ABSOLUTE MUSIC uk ......very sad story  

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely nothing. Zilch. I contact PMT last month for an update, and this is what they told me: "We have had small numbers come through to fulfil previous orders from the Summer. The rest of the UK orders and pre-orders are due to be fulfilled late December to early January. This is for everyone in the UK not just us but any we get earlier you are pretty much top of the list to receive your Helix in the first ones that come in." 

At this stage, I'm guessing....February? If even then? I'm recording with a band at the end of February, it'll be such a shame if I can't use the helix by then...

My Helix was due "mid December" acording to PMT staff. I phoned this week and was told "mid January". This is an official Line 6 forum right? Can anyone from the company explain the delays?

I read elsewhere that a Line 6 employee said they just significantly under-estimate the reception for the product, even beyond their wildest expectations. It was a stab in the dark so to speak, so whilst it's good it's going down so well, in turn, they are getting more orders than they can keep up with at the moment. But yeah...mid-January really sucks. That'll be a 3 month wait for me...

I read elsewhere that a Line 6 employee said they just significantly under-estimate the reception for the product, even beyond their wildest expectations. It was a stab in the dark so to speak, so whilst it's good it's going down so well, in turn, they are getting more orders than they can keep up with at the moment. But yeah...mid-January really sucks. That'll be a 3 month wait for me...

Yep, end of October I paid for mine. I'm sure it will be worth the wait but I just WANT IT NOW.

Not sure about anyone else who has ordered through PMT, but they have already taken the full amount from me, even though I haven't received the product. How easy would it be to get a refund if they don't deliver as promised? I know there are issues, but I need the pedal before the end of January. If I don't get it by then I'll need to cancel completely, although I hope that wont happen!

If you bought online distance selling act means you can get a refund anytime up until 14days after you receive the item. If you bought instore I'm sure as they haven't met their end of the contract you should be able to cancel and get a full refund. IIRC Deposits are mostly fully refundable unless they can prove that the cancellation will actually cause them costs. If I didn't find this at dv247 I would have kept my preorder at PMT. I always make sure they state that its a refundable deposit and never put full payment down for something on preorder, if the company went bust for example there's nothing that can be done.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...