Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD 500 dual tones to separate amps

joeivory

Folks,

Sincere apologies if this question has been asked...

I'm guitarist in a two-piece band (guitar and drums). I want to use my HD 500 to add some bass.

In simple terms I want to add a dual tone to each of my basic patches, so I have my regular guitar tone PLUS a version that's tuned down by an octave. I think that's pretty easy to do. But...

Then I want the regular guitar tone to go to my guitar amp and the tuned-down 'bass' tone to go to a bass amp.

Is it possible to send each side of a dual tone patch to a separate amp? And if so, how?

Many thanks for any help - and apologies again if I'm going over old ground.

Joe

you would need to run a stereo path. 

guitar goes left, bass goes right. 

Thanks, man. So when I set the dualtone, pan one side 100% left and the other 100% right, then run my cables from the left and right outputs into the appropriate amps?

others will need to come along and explain this in better detail because I have no experience with this need... 

You are correct, that is what you do. But there are some effects that can separate or join the L/R, so depending on what you use, it is possible that the guitar/bass split will be void. 

Just be sure that the mixer block is the last thing in your signal chain and there are no common FX blocks before the amps.  In other words you want two completely separate signal paths, each with its own input, each panned 100% left and right, with the mixer as the final block.  That will work just as you requested... 

I've had trouble accomplishing this with XLR cables. 1/4" cables did the trick, though.

So yes, path a could be your "normal" sound and path b could have a pitch effect before whatever you're using for the bass amp. Pan hard left and right. What are you outputting to?