Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Didn't expect that... Thanks GC

oehman

Had a 15% discount coupon in my email, so I went to Guitar Center online. Helix showed as 'preorder', but I added to the cart & keyed in the coupon code anyway. It gave me the discount and showed Helix as 'in stock'.

I figured it would give me a back ordered message because Sweetwater said the next batch wouldn't ship until late November.

But I completed the transaction and got an email confirmation that it is shipping in 4-5 days and that the order can't be changed because Helix has already 'shipped and is on its way'

• Upvote 1

I don't know what's going on with all of the various retailers concerning this Helix roll out.  It's a little painful to watch.  I'm hoping to see mine in about a week - which is a perfectly reasonable time frame - but the feedback everyone is getting in terms of availability and shipping dates is all over the map, from "we have far more units than pre-orders and can ship immediately", to "late November" (which is crazy IMO.)

• Upvote 1

There is nothing unusual here. Some have sold out initial shipment so if one orders from them they will get the late November date. Others dates will vary based on when they receive their shipment. I can tell you shipping outlets are not real dependable with dates at the moment. Especially USPS which is suddenly horrible. UPS has been ok but Fedex has been flakey. We get a ton shipped here.

Suddenly? Hardly...it's run by the same Gubmint that can't turn a profit with a train service.

Really? I have never had a problem with USPS. UPS, big problems. USPS, no problems whatsoever. Usually an excellent service. FedEx is also excellent, but pricey.

Really? I have never had a problem with USPS. UPS, big problems. USPS, no problems whatsoever. Usually an excellent service. FedEx is also excellent, but pricey.

I had no issues with USPS until recently and it has gotten pretty bad. I do not know what the issue is. I had a priority package take three weeks to get here. I saw it in tracking. It was at a local terminal waiting. Nothing gets here at the date right now. Things sent from Amazon prime via USPS take a minimum of three days even though they are priority. Fedex in this area is bad. It always has been. UPS is the best hete. Fedex was tops years ago. I have had Fed ex delivered by an old beat up Buick and the guy just throws it up on the porch instead of walking up and setting it down. Yesterday Fedex showed up in a UHaul. Broken down Fedex truck? Who knows.

Had a 15% discount coupon in my email, so I went to Guitar Center online. Helix showed as 'preorder', but I added to the cart & keyed in the coupon code anyway. It gave me the discount and showed Helix as 'in stock'.

I figured it would give me a back ordered message because Sweetwater said the next batch wouldn't ship until late November.

But I completed the transaction and got an email confirmation that it is shipping in 4-5 days and that the order can't be changed because Helix has already 'shipped and is on its way'

I just emailed my SW rep to see if they match some of these discounts you guys are getting...  I'd sure love to see that 15% coupon you got...

I'm not going to let myself get excited until it shows up.

UPS tracking shows delivery 'Thursday 10/8 before end of day' but the package only weighs 12 lbs....

I didn't expect GUitar Center to honor the coupon or ship within a week of ordering. Maybe they put HD500 in the box instead of Helix!

I just emailed my SW rep to see if they match some of these discounts you guys are getting...  I'd sure love to see that 15% coupon you got...

I just pre-ordered mine.  I guess I need to go into sales or something cuz I talked the sweetwater rep into giving me 10% off! lol.  I can confirm that they are expecting their next batch towards the end of November.  Sux but oh well.  Since they don't charge till it ships that will give me plenty of time to over analyze every post that shows up here. 

• Upvote 1