Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midi implementation chart for Spider IV?

edrowland

I have a MKII pedal. The amp sends midi commands over one of the midi USB channels on the USB interface; and also responds to those commands as well. 

I can -- I suppose -- reverse engineer all the messages. But it would be much easier if there were a midi implementation chart for the Spider IV 75.

Is there a midi implementation chart?

The Spider IV does not have MIDI implementation - what USB interface are you talking about?  The FBV MkII pedal can be used for MIDI control, with the Spider amp it is used to communicate between amp and computer with Spider Edit software.

The Spider IV most certainly does have a MIDI implementation. When you plug the FBV MkII pedal into a computer USB port with a Spider IV connected, you can see three standard USB midi devices through any midi-capable software on the system. The third MIDI device sends and receives midi data for the amp.

If you change presets using the amp's controls, ,midi software listening on the third port will receive MIDI program change messages. Sending a program change message on the third USB device from software will change the preset on the amp. 

All the controls also send midi commands, most of which seem to be sysex messages. And the amp responds when these sysex messages are sent back. There are also a few standard MIDI CCs sent and received (volume, channel volume? can't remember).

The FBV pedal, for what it's worth sends MIDI messages on the first of the three USB midi channels. No idea what the second MIDI channel does.

So. Midi implementation chart, anyone?

• 1 year later...

The Spider IV most certainly does have a MIDI implementation. When you plug the FBV MkII pedal into a computer USB port with a Spider IV connected, you can see three standard USB midi devices through any midi-capable software on the system. The third MIDI device sends and receives midi data for the amp.

If you change presets using the amp's controls, ,midi software listening on the third port will receive MIDI program change messages. Sending a program change message on the third USB device from software will change the preset on the amp. 

All the controls also send midi commands, most of which seem to be sysex messages. And the amp responds when these sysex messages are sent back. There are also a few standard MIDI CCs sent and received (volume, channel volume? can't remember).

The FBV pedal, for what it's worth sends MIDI messages on the first of the three USB midi channels. No idea what the second MIDI channel does.

So. Midi implementation chart, anyone?

Did you ever end up figuring this out? I'm on the verge of trial and error, but thought I'd ask first too...

Thanks!