Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Update for amplifi 150 amp

guitarman001

Well got excited today about new update , loaded it tried it worked till Bluetooth dropped out again, I can't understand how they cannot fix this , or can't be bothered too. Thought new update would but no once again line 6 has dropped the ball. Is anyone else having the same problem???

Well got excited today about new update , loaded it tried it worked till Bluetooth dropped out again, I can't understand how they cannot fix this , or can't be bothered too. Thought new update would but no once again line 6 has dropped the ball. Is anyone else having the same problem???

Have you considered that it might be the environment that you're playing in, and not the amp?  Any wireless technology, or anything that operates on the 2.4ghz frequency can cause interference.

That includes wireless routers, wireless receivers (such as a laptop/computer/tv and cellphones), wireless and bluetooth keyboards and mice, cordless phones, microwaves, baby monitors, garage door openers, and a countless amount of other things.

They will be coming out with a new firmware for Amplifi soon, don't forget. Hopefully that will help some of these lingering dropout issue. I have been fortunate. I have both the 150 and the TT, and I have not really had problems with losing the BT connection. But yes, as noted above, there are a lot of things that can cause interference with Bluetooth.

• Upvote 1

They will be coming out with a new firmware for Amplifi soon, don't forget. Hopefully that will help some of these lingering dropout issue. I have been fortunate. I have both the 150 and the TT, and I have not really had problems with losing the BT connection. But yes, as noted above, there are a lot of things that can cause interference with Bluetooth.

phil_m,

Thank you for the notice last night about the Amplifi Remote app update and the notice today about the firmware update. We all appreciate your input!

Fortunately I don't have any issues with the amp losing the bluetooth connection and I have a house full of people using wireless devices.  Although I only use bluetooth for the amp modeling patches, if I want to use it for music then I always use the aux-in so not sure if that has anything to do with it.