Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What does "assign to pedal do?"

bhamnerky

Anytime you touch an effects parameter anywhere in the unused section of the slide bar it allows you to select that parameter of that effect model for the FX knob on your pedal. Lets say the you have chosen to use the Chorus in this particular preset and you want to use the FX knob on the pedal to control the speed. (You could also use it to control the level or the mix) Then you go to that effect. Look at the speed. And lets say the slider is set dead center. Then still on the slider but to the right of where its setting is you will touch it. Then a box comes up asking if you want to assign it to the pedal and you say yes. A little grey knob shows up on the left side of the parameter. Now the fx knob on the pedal controls the speed. Once you save the preset, it is saved too. But you can change it anytime by doing the exact same thing on another effects parameters. Hope that wasn't too long winded. A video would show it much quicker.

Yes that is true about the fx knob. But once you do that, right under that, there is a new control that says "assign to pedal" and there is a yes or no. Also there is a slider that lets you adjust the min and max which makes me think it is related to a rocker pedal. I think this is new

Yes that is true about the fx knob. But once you do that, right under that, there is a new control that says "assign to pedal" and there is a yes or no. Also there is a slider that lets you adjust the min and max which makes me think it is related to a rocker pedal. I think this is new

Sorry my phone posting the message like 50

Times. Your hypotheses about another expression pedal makes sense. However cebreeZ asked a good question. Where would you plug it in? I saw this on the firehawk when it came out. I wonder if it is just bug that is shows up on the fx100.

• 1 year later...

I have pedals assigned to my tones but I can not change the assignment of them and tapping next to slider on speed does not bring any box up! I have latest firmware and latest Amplifi remote app on an iPad. Also when I move the actual FX knob past 50% the sound through my amp goes out of sync with my guitar (hear sound seconds after actually playing it on guitar). If I move the FX knob back past 50% then all returns to normal. Seems to be a firmware/control issue to me. Anyone got any ideas or has a tube link that shows how to assign the pedal to an effect?