Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

iOS 9.0.2 With App2.50.0 Still Has Lost Connection Problems

ejcusa1

OK... Good work Line 6 for working things out, but you still are not out of the woods.

Anyone else still having connection drops? I just got the email from Line 6 and grabbed the update. When using the Music part of the app 2.50.0. When playing the song I want to practice with. As it loads the Tone Matches, it will load and play the song and the Tone Matches list and show also Device Not Connected....

Had to put up with this problem for a year. Still not fixed. I'm using an iPad 2 Wi-Fi model.

I'm having the same experience. I purchased my FX100 in September, and sent the first one back because it wouldn't stay connected to my iPad 2. A replacement was sent, same problem. I then 'upgraded' to iOS 9 and then found out the hard way that the AMPLIFi Remote app didn't work with iOS 9. Fast forward to today, and I have the latest version AMPLIFi Remote, and it still won't stay connected to my iPad. Seems to work fine with my iPhone 6. 

OK... Good work Line 6 for working things out, but you still are not out of the woods.

Anyone else still having connection drops? I just got the email from Line 6 and grabbed the update. When using the Music part of the app 2.50.0. When playing the song I want to practice with. As it loads the Tone Matches, it will load and play the song and the Tone Matches list and show also Device Not Connected....

Had to put up with this problem for a year. Still not fixed. I'm using an iPad 2 Wi-Fi model.

Do users with later versions of the iPad have similar issues? Or is the "dropped connection" issue limited to iPad 2 users?

Same problem here with my iPad 2. Even though I really like the new IOS interface, once again I have gone back to the Android App on my Samsung Tab S. From day one it's been a much more stable connection. I really hope Line 6 updates the Android App with the same user interface as IOS. Since I can not use ForScore App and Amplifi App at the same time on my iPad 2, I will continue to use both tablets one for each app.

Its been about a year since I bought my Amplifi 150 and the iPad 2 Wi-Fi. The Amplifi Utilities did not work on my Windows 7 lap top with the USB. It did work with Windows 7 on my PC so I was able to update the firmware on the Amplifi 150. When I bought my iPad 2 it had iOS 4 on it and worked great with my Amplifi app, no connection drops. When my iPad 2 updated to iOS 7 and up, now the connection drops started. I could not get any Android products to work with Amplifi at all. I'm thinking this is a firmware problem with the Bluetooth. I have had problems like this before with Android cell phones when I use to unlock and change Roms on the cell phones. Some Roms had problems with the firmware that was used to make the Rom and would have WiFi problems or Bluetooth and GPS problems. I did send Line 6 an email about this about a year ago and all they did was give me a Support Ticket and did nothing to fix this. Now after getting the updated app for iOS 9, the connection drops still exists. I have another Support Ticket now about this and lets see how fast they fix this or if they do fix it. I have tried another iPad one that is not an iPad 2 and the problem is still there. I'm thinking that the iPad firmware and the Amplifi firmware are not working together with the Bluetooth and chokes on trying to stream music from its own app trying to get the Tone List from the WiFi and run the Editor for the app at the same time. Dec. 2014 was the last firmware update for the Amplifi 150, think its time for an update.

having the same connection issues with ipad 3 (WIFI). music is playing fine but no control connection to my amplifi 150. running IOS 9.0.2. Will try with my iphone tomorrow

Try forgetting the connection, and repairing.  You can also try doing a full reset of your iPad (hold the home button and power button together for 10 seconds, or until it reboots).

I have an Ipad Air 2 WiFi and having the same lost data connection issue. Music streams, device loads, tones search, and then data connection lost. No amount of rebooting, or forget device works. I read on the IOs forum that 9.02 tweaked the bluetooth for their Apple Tv support. Plainly, this will require an Amplfi amp firmware update to fix, not the new remote app. Screwed like everyone else! Line 6....guys this is important to us... we are your main supporters..... treat this like one of your sponsored musicans had this problem. Oh BTW Line 6... it was gracious that you accepted resposability for dropping the ball on your app not compatible with IOs 9 in your thread reply, but in the same reply you state we told you not to upgrade your IOs device...really??? That paragraph should have never made print, your not the only device app on our Ipads/iphones.

Yup I noticed this also with the new Updated APP, still drops connection the same way everyone here is reporting!!! not cool Let's all open repair tickets so it get's noticed right away and quit assuming that they will fix it!! that way they know everyone is having the same problems!! I am using a NEW IPAD AIR 2 and it does it even...

Try forgetting the connection, and repairing.  You can also try doing a full reset of your iPad (hold the home button and power button together for 10 seconds, or until it reboots).

Been there, done that - several times. Same issue with my Iphone

Same iissue with my iPhone 5C.  Tonight I was playing a song that I wanted to practice and all of a sudden nothing! Looked at my iPhone and it was showing

the "Apple" Icon, as if the phone rebooted, believe it did, as I had to log back onto my phone. After that still had connection problems. Very frustrating.  Guess it's time to go back to "analog" man and pull out my Marshall half-stack. 

Ok, a rundown on the Amplifi Remote 2.50 and Firmware problems.

1. Connection drops still exists.

2. Amplifi Remote App Tuner is not smooth running like it use to be. It flashes and jumps around as your tuning. Tuning LED's on the amp works good.

3. Amplifi Remote takes longer to open now from the previous version.

4. Amplifi Remote App looks good in version 2.50, but the bottom tool bar is very dark and not easy to see.

5. Amplifi Remote App in settings and under Options. Use Tabbed Navigation setting hangs after switching.

6. Amplifi Remote App in settings and under Options. Auto Tone Load sometimes will change tone when turned off.

7. Amplifi Firmware 2.10 turns off the LED light for the Tone button on the Amp. Version 2.00 the tone button is lit.  

In some cases, this is not a big problem. The Bluetooth drop outs make it hard to use the App with the amp without restarting the App all the time. Resetting the amp or the iPad being used does not fix the problem. Resetting the Bluetooth on both devices does not fix the problem. Some problems are Amplifi Remote All related. The Bluetooth drop outs I have seen before in other devices. The fix was updating the firmware to make both devices compatible. This will be the last Line 6 product I'll will be purchasing. The Bluetooth drop outs have been going on for about a year now and a Support Ticket for the problem was made about this when the drop outs first started and nothing was done by Line 6 to fix it. With as many customers having the same problem on the Forums, one would think a fix would be rushed.  

Have you considered that the problems might be on your end (your playing environment, etc), and not the fault of the app.  Or perhaps you have a faulty amp?

#1 - I've been using my Amplifi 75 for over a year now, and I don't have any disconnect problems.  Try turning off your keyboard sounds on your iPad.  The amp clearly has problems processing some of the system sounds for iOS.  I actually turn on do not disturb on my iPad when I play so that I don't get bothered by alerts and notifications anyway.  Check that you don't have other things causing interference.  Any wireless device can cause interference.  This includes wireless routers/receivers, wireless/bluetooth keyboards and mice, cordless phones, microwaves, baby monitors, and anything that works on the 2.4ghz frequency (which is a lot).

#2 - Yes, the tuner seems to be screwed up.  It's not holding the display of the notes long enough to read.

#3 - No the app actually loads and connects quicker than before.

#4 - Turn your brightness up.  The bottom bar is easy to read.

#5 - Nothing hangs for me.  Again, perhaps your amp is faulty or your iPad is too old.

#6 - I've never had a tone auto load with the setting off.  It was the first setting I turned off when I first got the amp.  It's never been a problem for me.

#7 - My tone light is still on.  The only light that firmware 2.10 allows you to turn off is the Tap Tempo light.

I just got a message from Line 6 about the problems. They said there is a Firmware updated coming to fix the problems. I thought I was having problems with my Amplifi 150... I exchanged it twice and they all work the same... The Tone light is the button next to the A,B,C, and D... The A,B, C, and D lights work, but the word TONE on the button is out after updating the 2.00 to 2.10 firmware. If I go back to the 2.00 firmware the light on the button comes back on again. Thanks for the heads up on the brightness. I didn't see a tab that slides up for brightness. Tempo light works till I turn it off. I have used my other iPad that is newer, the problems still are there... Line 6 knows what is going on because they said they have gotten a lot of complaints about the same problems in the past and now. The problem is that with past Forums and now, it's been about a year and no fixes. I have been sitting back for about a year waiting... Oh well...

4. Amplifi Remote App looks good in version 2.50, but the bottom tool bar is very dark and not easy to see.​

I agree, I wish they would have used a lighter color like light gray text so you would not have to turn the brightness up.

Red on red is way to difficult to see.(and yes I am old and wear reading glasses) 8-)

Other than that I really do like the new interface.

Hi Everyone, 

I'm happy to hear you comments about the new interface, we hope that it is faster and easier to get around compared to the old one. If a gray color scheme that is lighter would be preferred we can make that change in a future release. A firmware update for all SKUs which will improve the connectivity is coming soon.

I'll continue to monitor this forum for your comments and questions!

Thanks,

Have you considered that the problems might be on your end (your playing environment, etc), and not the fault of the app.  Or perhaps you have a faulty amp?

#1 - I've been using my Amplifi 75 for over a year now, and I don't have any disconnect problems.  Try turning off your keyboard sounds on your iPad.  The amp clearly has problems processing some of the system sounds for iOS.  I actually turn on do not disturb on my iPad when I play so that I don't get bothered by alerts and notifications anyway.  Check that you don't have other things causing interference.  Any wireless device can cause interference.  This includes wireless routers/receivers, wireless/bluetooth keyboards and mice, cordless phones, microwaves, baby monitors, and anything that works on the 2.4ghz frequency (which is a lot).

#2 - Yes, the tuner seems to be screwed up.  It's not holding the display of the notes long enough to read.

#3 - No the app actually loads and connects quicker than before.

#4 - Turn your brightness up.  The bottom bar is easy to read.

#5 - Nothing hangs for me.  Again, perhaps your amp is faulty or your iPad is too old.

#6 - I've never had a tone auto load with the setting off.  It was the first setting I turned off when I first got the amp.  It's never been a problem for me.

#7 - My tone light is still on.  The only light that firmware 2.10 allows you to turn off is the Tap Tempo light.

I concur with this. The new app update is golden for me. Connects instantly, no dropoffs and love the new interface. It's pretty much trouble free for me now. Also love that they filled the banks with some great tones. :) Nice job Line6. I finally have the app I've been waiting for.

Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to hear you comments about the new interface, we hope that it is faster and easier to get around compared to the old one. If a gray color scheme that is lighter would be preferred we can make that change in a future release. A firmware update for all SKUs which will improve the connectivity is coming soon.

I'll continue to monitor this forum for your comments and questions!

Thanks,

I don't think you need to change the whole color scheme to gray. What I meant was the bottom icons (edit, tones, music and settinsg) are red against a redish black background with the selected icon being a lighter red. It can actually read the selected icon. What would be nice is to either have the text all a light gray to contrast the background or keep them all the lighter red like the current selected icon and make the actual selected icon a light green.

Thanks for listening!!!

Hey guys... I like the way it looks... I just wish some of the problems were fixed. The biggest thing is the connection problems. and now... every once in a while my iPad restarts. I just gets very annoying. Thanks for the input all on this Forum.

Well, it is an interesting case as when the release was norpt available, I could not use the App, but could stream my music from my iPad (Music App), so I kept practicing with the four preset tones. Now, I experience far more loss of connection as in the past, but music still can be streamed, either from the App or Music.

So I would no longer say that the connection is fully lost, only for the tone, which is quite puzzling, isn't it!

• Upvote 1

It's still frustrating. My iPad has started doing new tricks now. Using the Amplifi Remote app for about and hour and the iPad restarts itself... Line 6 said they are still working on the problems. A new firmware is coming soon. I really wish I could set everything back to the way it was when I bought the Amplifi 150 and my iPad. I had no problems at all and everything worked, but technology changes. My buddy can tell his TV to order a pizza... lazy bastard.  

I'm now getting fed up with this disconnection problem, it's constant and feel really let down by line6, there is no way this amp can be gigged, anyone want an amp, it's going on eBay shortly. I like the new app update though and my only gripe is that the option menu is on the bottom, that's great until you place your iPad on top of the amp, then these buttons are right behind the knobs where you can't get to them.

Darkmutton, welcome to my Forum. This connection drop I have been waiting about a year for a fix. I see that a Line 6 staff is watching this Forum as well. Darkmutton, in settings you can switch back to the older look of the app if you want. Makes it easy to navigate the app without having the knobs from the amp in the way when setting the iPad on the amp. I had some friends over the other day. We were playing around with my Amplifi 150 One friend knows how to play guitar really good and wanted to check out the amp and app. Every problem that could happen did. Disconnection, iPad resetting itself, and the tuner acting like it was on crack. My friend was NOT impressed and I was embarrassed. One of my friends girlfriends had a newer iPad so we took it from her to see if it is my iPad that is the problem. Nope, her iPad did the same thing. I didn't have problems with the Amplifi Remote till Apple iOS 7 and up came out.

Darkmutton, good luck with selling the amp. I have been seeing a lot of the Amplifi 75 and 150 at resale and pawn shops in the past week. There are other forums about guitars, amps, and other musical. The word is out about how messed up Line 6 is with how they link with Apple and Android.

Some are saying that they are all good and they have no problems with the new app or what they are using with the app. Some will say its your iPad or Android device. Some say its the amp that is messed up. My amp worked fine with Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi till Apple updated iOS 7 and up came out. That's when my problems began. So something changed with the firmware that the two units don't talk to each other the same way anymore.

This is what I don't understand about this product. I have had 2 other Amplifi 150's because of the disconnection problem. I kept the 3rd one. I have used about a dozen different iPad's and the outcome was all the same. Some on this forum say things are all good and working, others are having problems as well. I wonder if Line 6 has two or three different factories making the Amplifi amps. MADE IN CHINA..... Or it could be the main board, the brains of the unit that is made in different places. I'm going to take the back off of mine and take pictures of the guts and put them up on here. My buddy has an Amplifi and took his apart and told me there is a Micro SD card inside. He also said that the inside of the Amplifi 150 looks like something you would buy at a Flea Market.  

My buddy has an Amplifi and took his apart and told me there is a Micro SD card inside. He also said that the inside of the Amplifi 150 looks like something you would buy at a Flea Market.  

You're just starting to sound like a troll with your pawn shop comments and this. I'm having no problems whatsoever with the latest app and my Amplifi 75.

Sorry if I sound like a troll. Your one of the lucky ones Cungar1001. A lot of us are having problems with Line 6, not only the app. My app works. The tuner could use a little work on the app so its not acting or looking weird and my iPad wante to restart itself after about an hour using the app. The connection problems I really don't think its the app. I think its more of the older Amplifi firmware and the newer iOS's that is the problem. I use the app and amp a lot. When it starts messing up all the time.... I get frustrated, when you get frustrated for as long as I have been, it would be nice to know I'm not the only one and what would be done to fix it. So, I'm sorry....  

Hi ejcusa1,

I've had mine for about 6 months now and it's never been right, it's always had disconnection issues.  Like you say it's annoying and embarassing, mine does constantly, everytime i play a different song from the library.  I've updated from ios8 to ios9 so finally got it working again after weeks of waiting for the update and i was hoping it would have cured the problem but no avail.

Anyway, ive had enough today, I've been in touch with the shop i bought it from and they are going to send it back to line6 for them to have a look at.

I'll update you when i get it back.

Dear all,

I have exactly the same problems with my setting: Amplifi 150 + Ipad Air Wifi (A1474)  IOS 8.4 with the app 2.50.0 + Shortboard FBV MKII.

The bluetooth connection gets dropped for the remote app, but not for the music streaming. 

So bluetooth is working but the app is not connecting with the steering of the device. 

And this is regular meanwhile 90% of the time, only if I reset everything it gets back to work for one song with the downloaded settings.

So currently I play with the preset sounds of the amp.

It got more instabile with the new version of the app which was automatically downloaded.  

Because of the posts I will definitely wait with the upgrade to IOS 9.02. 

I hope you fix this soon.

When I got the shortboard 7 month ago everything worked and I was impresses with the flexibility. Currently the Amp is a only a quiet expensive streaming loudspeaker. 

Therefore I can fullly understand the frustration of some of the others here. 

Btw. one more remark it would be extremely helpful if the banks of the amplifiy would work without the app and you can only steer them via the shortboard. 

Best regards

Peter

Ok Line 6.  SPECIFICALLY here is what is happening to me, hopefully this is a "quick fix" 

Bluetooth connection works, music will play

Remote app works, I can pick a saved tone and play that tone with no connection issues.

however, if I switch over to music while I want to play and selected one of the recommended tones, the app immediately drops the connection with AMPLIFI.

the music still plays so the bluetooth connection is still there, but the remote is no longer able to control the tones.

this is the best part of the amp so please fix this.

Well, it is an interesting case as when the release was norpt available, I could not use the App, but could stream my music from my iPad (Music App), so I kept practicing with the four preset tones. Now, I experience far more loss of connection as in the past, but music still can be streamed, either from the App or Music.

So I would no longer say that the connection is fully lost, only for the tone, which is quite puzzling, isn't it!

Now a new phenomenon, I loose the whole connection, neither music nor tones are avaialble, very strange.

On brand new Amplifi 75 ios remote app didnt work until I upgraded the amp firmware, but now, when I try to play along with music from library or youtube etc, the bluetooth disconnects & have to close app, restart bluetooth in settings.....surely this amp totally was designed & relies on the remote app & bluetooth! This needs to be sorted asap, otherwise its useless.