Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

iOS 9.0.2 With App2.50.0 Still Has Lost Connection Problems

ejcusa1

Ok Line 6.  SPECIFICALLY here is what is happening to me, hopefully this is a "quick fix" 

Bluetooth connection works, music will play

Remote app works, I can pick a saved tone and play that tone with no connection issues.

however, if I switch over to music while I want to play and selected one of the recommended tones, the app immediately drops the connection with AMPLIFI.

the music still plays so the bluetooth connection is still there, but the remote is no longer able to control the tones.

this is the best part of the amp so please fix this.

Damn it, I wish I read this forum before I tried to update to 2.10 this morning.  This is exactly what's been happening on mine and now I have 4 flashing lights and instead of enjoying playing on my day off, I'm once again on these boards trying to figure out what to do.  Now it's even recognizing the device as an Amplfi 75.  Trying to figure out if I should try and install 2.00 as an Amplifi 75 or what?  I don't have the USB cable I need to attach with the correct plug on the Amplifi side.  Arghhhh. 

edit - Seems like the thing to do is get the correct USB cable I need and update via PC.  Will work on that later this afternoon.  And yes I was having the same problem with losing the connection while playing songs with bluetooth and I've done everything correctly, I'm not completely inept when it comes to IT issues, this is B$ on Line 6's part.  One problem after the other with this thing lately, very dissatisfied.  

My amp will play music from my iPhone.  The app will let me change my tones.  However when I try to play music from the Line 6 app I loose connection.  The music will continue to play on the amp but the remote tone control will not work.  

My amp will play music from my iPhone.  The app will let me change my tones.  However when I try to play music from the Line 6 app I loose connection.  The music will continue to play on the amp but the remote tone control will not work.  

Yeah that's what was happening to me, thought I needed to update to 2.10 but geez that was a mistake.  I can't correct this with my iPhone, I tried installing a previous FW but failed again, same thing 4 blinking lights.  Why isn't there a feature to just reset it back to when it was new?  Holding the master volume and tone isn't doing that, keeping getting 4 blinking lights.  I hope when I get the correct USB cable I need I can resolve this with the PC utility.  Not happy at all with this thing lately.  Waited weeks for the fix for iOS 9 and now it's not working again simply because I got the brillant idea to update it to 2.10 (thinking that would cure the disconnects while listening to music through the app).  This just isn't right.

Yeah that's what was happening to me, thought I needed to update to 2.10 but geez that was a mistake.  I can't correct this with my iPhone, I tried installing a previous FW but failed again, same thing 4 blinking lights.  Why isn't there a feature to just reset it back to when it was new?  Holding the master volume and tone isn't doing that, keeping getting 4 blinking lights.  I hope when I get the correct USB cable I need I can resolve this with the PC utility.  Not happy at all with this thing lately.  Waited weeks for the fix for iOS 9 and now it's not working again simply because I got the brillant idea to update it to 2.10 (thinking that would cure the disconnects while listening to music through the app).  This just isn't right.

Update:  

Good news!  The USB cable and PC utility did the trick!  Pretty much the instructions on this site for doing this are correct, I would just add that after you install and run the utility it will tell you to plug in the USB cable and when you connect it to the computer it takes 10 minutes to find the driver from Windows Update.  Now I don't know if that was specific to my computer but when I installed the utility it did say USB drivers so maybe that was something specific to my computer but if you get that message on the lower right of the taskbar then leave it alone until it's done installing.  So now I have 2.10 installed on the amp, 2.50 installed on my phone and iOS 9.02 and all is good.  The amp and app is working good and so far no disconnects when jamming along with music using bluetooth.  The past 4 weeks I was starting to think I was never getting this thing working again.  So glad it's operational and I can start enjoying it once again. 

Hey guys and gals, if there are any watching this topic. Sorry I haven't been on, but I was told my another member that I was being a troll about this. I have been reading your problems and I knew it wasn't just me and my amp with problems. Ok. I have a service ticket going on about this. I have received an email about my service ticket and it said from Line 6 that there is a Firmware update that was just released. Try it and let Line 6 know how its working. ABOUT TIME!!!!! But here is the kicker, I can't find any Firmware update any where.... Firmware on the amp is 2.10 Where is the new update? I replied to Line 6 on my service ticket that I would be MORE then happy to update the Firmware if I could find the update.... This new App is starting to lock up my iPad now to where it's frozen and I can't do anything with it till it unfreezes itself. Then I have to log back into Line 6 App again just so it can freeze up when trying to log in. I have stopped all from running in the background on my iPad. I have turned off the key sound when typing. I have turned off the Wi-Fi. I have reset the Bluetooth and forgotten the device. Nothing works to stop problems from happening. LINE 6 WHERE IS YOUR FIRMWARE UPDATE???????   

Hey Peter. 6 months ago your iPad was prob on iOS 7 going to 8. When the iOS firmware was updating to the next iOS, problems started. Mine was on iOS 4 when I bought my iPad and my Amplifi 150 worked great with the Amplifi firmware 2.10 till I started updating my iOS on my iPad. I returned my Amplifi twice and each one I received all are doing the same thing. Including the Amplifi I have now.

I got my hands on an early release of the firmware update, and the blue tooth problem is gone, so I am happy, they were suppose to resale it this last week but there was a delay because of a problem, for me however it works fine as is..so can't wait to see the for sure version...it's coming..

HOW DID U GET IT????? sorry about the caps, but I'm excited to see there is an update... Test drive the update and post your experience on here please.... My email from Line 6 said there is an update but I couldn't find one... Please tell where you got it....Thanks for the info...

This thing is now basically an expensive paperweight since i can no longer sync with it to change any of the settings. Really disappointed with my purchase at this point. 

I'd be peed too.

The whole iOS9 thing was quite the fiasco.

Do you have an Android device to hold you over in the meantime?

btw... you wouldn't happen to be in a service engineer for mass spectrometers?

I have IOS 7.1.2 and just did what I thought was an update to App version 2.50.0 and I can connect via Bluetooth to play music through the amp but the app will not connect. When I checked the app version on my ipad it said that I had amplifi version 2.80.2. I cannot get it to work. Any solutions?

• 2 weeks later...

Today I updated to v2.50.2 firmware and did a fresh install of the latest version of the Amplifi Remote app on my iPad 2. Did all of the reset and calibrate steps, then 'forgot' the FX100 before re-pairing. Still no luck. I've been stuck in a 'Syncing' state until the app crashes and closes by itself, or the Bluetooth connection is dropped. This has been going on for hours. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Today I updated to v2.50.2 firmware and did a fresh install of the latest version of the Amplifi Remote app on my iPad 2. Did all of the reset and calibrate steps, then 'forgot' the FX100 before re-pairing. Still no luck. I've been stuck in a 'Syncing' state until the app crashes and closes by itself, or the Bluetooth connection is dropped. This has been going on for hours. 

Did you try the USB cable and PC utility?

Did you try the USB cable and PC utility?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that exactly what I did. I long ago gave up trying to update firmware via Bluetooth and now go straight for the Line 6 Updater utility and USB cable. The update was 'successful', and everything appears in order after the update. I have no idea what is supposedly "syncing" at this point.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that exactly what I did. I long ago gave up trying to update firmware via Bluetooth and now go straight for the Line 6 Updater utility and USB cable. The update was 'successful', and everything appears in order after the update. I have no idea what is supposedly "syncing" at this point.

syncing means to your Line 6 Account, maybe you did not enter than info...Username and password...for line6 Account, if you don't have that then it can't sync..

Yes, I was logged into my Line 6 account.

I've reviewed hundreds of threads, FAQs, videos, etc. in an effort to get this thing working correctly. I've sent the first unit back to Sweetwater, this is a second unit. I've tried using my iPhone 6 instead of my iPad. I've turned off the lights. I've moved the entire setup to a location in the house as shielded from RFI as possible.  I suppose it's time to face the fact that this setup is simply not ready for market. Back to Sweetwater it goes. 

Yes, I was logged into my Line 6 account.

I've reviewed hundreds of threads, FAQs, videos, etc. in an effort to get this thing working correctly. I've sent the first unit back to Sweetwater, this is a second unit. I've tried using my iPhone 6 instead of my iPad. I've turned off the lights. I've moved the entire setup to a location in the house as shielded from RFI as possible.  I suppose it's time to face the fact that this setup is simply not ready for

market. Back to Sweetwater it goes. 

I'm wondering if there's a step you're not doing because mine has been working amazingly well since the most recent firmware and app update, and I was down for a few weeks when iOS 9 came out.  This amp definitely isn't plug and play but then again what is these days?  I've been frustrated with the amp myself at times, sorry you couldn't get it worked out because for the money it's an inexpensive practice tool. 

Forget the bluetooth connection, then re pair it again...mine is working great also, you must be missing something...something, do you have another iOS device to try it on?