Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How Do I Transfer Loaded HD500 to New Owner?

radatats

OK so a good friend is buying my HD500 with the fully loaded bundle installed just in time for my Helix to arrive this week.  I want to be absolutely sure he can register it to his own account and install the bundle on his computer too.  Can anyone walk me through the necessary steps to make sure we do this right or point me to a knowledge base article with all the details?  I don't want to mess this up and lose the bundle to the cyber world...

The gift option is kind of buried in your account info page. It's under Hardware & Software -> Purchase History -> Details under the order number. Also after you do that, I don't think the FAQ mentions that you probably have to unregister whatever it is you're selling, Account info page -> Hardware and Software -> Registered Gear -> Remove.

Also, I would imagine that gifting a model pack(s) will automatically deauthorize your device, but you might want to check that after gifting in your account info page.

• 1 year later...

One thing to keep in mind from something I ran into years ago. A friend gave up on his XT and let me have it with the model packs. He had bought the model packs on sale. When bought on sale they could not be gifted and he had to let me have his old account.

9/10 not a prob.