Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Clean Sound with Pod HD Desktop

TonyParnham-1945

Hi, I have just bought a Pod HD, registered it and installed all the latest firmware.

I have a couple of Strats (single coils) and have been trying to get clean sound. Why is it that if I use one of the clean type amps I have to turn the drive right down to nearly zero before it sounds clean, thus losing strength. If I lift the drive up a shade it starts to distort. This does not happen on a real amp.

I also have a Zoom G3 and get no such problem.

I am a solo guitar vocalist and my signal path is Pod HD >Tonematch mixer (FLAT)>Bose L1 compact.

Any observations would be appreciated.

Thank you 

Tony Parnham

Hi,

To; Just Startin,

I have tried all the settings and have decided to leave it in the 'AUTO' mode as there doesn't seem to be a significant difference other than a little loss in brightness which I feel can be adjusted with the 'TREBLE' knob when saving the patch, however see below to Uber Guru;

To Uber Guru,

Your advice on the MASTER DEP was a revelation. I entered the AMP module and hit the right arrow in the 2nd page and noticed that No 1 was 'master' adjustment and it was showing 100%. I turned it down to around 50% and the Super O began to dramatically clean-up. I realised that this probably represented the Master Volume when looking at the real live amp which meant I had been confusing this with the Master knob on top of the POD (dimwit that I am).

Thanks to all for the input....I now realise I have much to learn with the deep editing of the HD.

Tony Parnham

Hi,

To; Just Startin,

I have tried all the settings and have decided to leave it in the 'AUTO' mode as there doesn't seem to be a significant difference other than a little loss in brightness which I feel can be adjusted with the 'TREBLE' knob when saving the patch, however see below to Uber Guru;

To Uber Guru,

Your advice on the MASTER DEP was a revelation. I entered the AMP module and hit the right arrow in the 2nd page and noticed that No 1 was 'master' adjustment and it was showing 100%. I turned it down to around 50% and the Super O began to dramatically clean-up. I realised that this probably represented the Master Volume when looking at the real live amp which meant I had been confusing this with the Master knob on top of the POD (dimwit that I am).

Thanks to all for the input....I now realise I have much to learn with the deep editing of the HD.

Tony Parnham

Cool...Also try turn the cab RES to 0...that helps clean things up also...

BTW: names are in the bars across the page TonyParnham-1945....The titles are above the avatars....Welcome!