Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Odd Issue With Pod Farm 1 (line6 Ux2)

Hi All,

I have noticed an odd issue with my POD Farm 1. In certain cases it doesn't work properly - I get just unprocessed sound for some amps/cabs (I own licence for them, so it doesn't seem to be licensing issue),

I run POD Ram and go to my preset. And either I hear unproicessed, clean guitar sound or I get very week processing, like Drive/Presence would be barely set. I usually have issues with Guitar Amps such as Line 6 Bottom, Deity's Son, Deity Lead, Cali Diamond Plate, plus some others I don't remember now.

When I get this issue I have to switch between different amps, presets, and so on, and finally, after several attempts I get my sound back.

I only have issues with mentioned amps. Others, like Line 6 Insane always work fine. Also, my UX2 sounds fine as sound card - I don;t have any issues, corrupted sound. Nothing like that.

I have reinstalled drivers, but the issue is still the same... I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.

Have anybody experienced similar issue? This is quite odd, and annoying on the same side, especially when I am in the middle of recording something. I put some guitars on, then try to get back to it next day... and I have to fight with POD Farm to get my sound back.

BTW, when I try to use the same preset on GearBox I get info that DSP can't load the sound. Unknown error.

Thank you in advance for any help!

OK, it never showed before but today.

When I opened GeaBox first, rather than using POD Farm, I got this error :

Reason: Code 8000740C Model definition decryption failed.

It has some code, so maybe it can tell somebody what it is related to and what would be the fix for it...

Thanks!

Yes, I have purchased it as Triple Pack Offer, back in 2009. It properly shows up in License Manager.

It works randomly - sometimes it works right after I open PodFarm. Sometimes I need to open and close Pod Farm several times and then it would work. And so on. It's quite odd, as it is not consistent. And, as I mentioned at first post, I have reinstalled all drivers as per instructions posted here and there on this forum. Cable and USB port were changed, too.

Just to clarify.

If you run Monkey you have green ticks?

License Manager shows the Pack Authorized for the UX?

Do you by chance also have POD Farm 2 installed?

It can sometimes trip up the license manager, even if you have a license for both.

Have you tried completely uninstalling POD Farm and using a fresh download outside of Monkey?

Is there another computer you can try this on?

Yes, Monkey shows all green ticks. License manager shows these as authorized packs for my UX2.

I don't have POD 2 installed.

I will try to use it on another computer when I will go to my vacation house this summer.

Anyway, looks like I found some logic - it worked twice already, so maybe this is a workaround. When I open my PC and don't get any sound at these packs, I close POD Farm, run Monkey and then License Manager. Close them and run POD again - all sounds are fine... I wonder why I haven't thought about it earlier.

I will test it for another few days and if it will always work, we would have some workaround for people who have the same issue as me.

Still, I will try on other computer and will try uninstalling POD and installing it again, outside of Monkey.

Thanks for help, so far!

Hopefully your work around won't suck up your 10 lifetime authorizations. It can be reset by Line6 by calling or submitting a support ticket.

I would definitely submit a ticket now if you see the work around is counting against your 10.

Hm... is there any place to see number of authorizations? On my account I see this info:

You currently are using 1 out of 4 active devices.
You currently are using 1 out of 10 lifetime devices.

But I am not sure if this is info I would need.

On the other hand - I am opening the License Manager and closing it, without doing anything there. So, I am not deathorizing/authorizing. At least not intentionally...

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes when I select a sound in Pod farm it won't process like you talked about. When I select Dual tone and 'create empty tone' all of the sudden the sound starts processing. Maybe this will help you, too? It's a good piece of equipment but the interface is pretty terrible. If only it were as easy as plug and play, eh?