Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bluetooth connection keeps dropping

cookiedude86

What are you using to connect? Older pads or phone may have flaky bluetooths. Try removing the connection from your device and let it search and find it again, then repair. Assuming you haven't already. The other thing to watch is to make sure your device does not already have too many connections that may interfere. Thirdly, borrow someone else's phone or tablet and pair with one of those just to see if you can maintain a connection. If you still are having probems then you may just have a bad unit. If you can keep a connection with another device then its the fault of your device and not an Amplifi issue. Let us know how it goes. I have only had the bluetooth on mine fail one time and a quick repairing fixed it. Good luck!

The bluetooth is really poor.  I happen to have a dozen or so mobile phones kicking around (app developer, go figure) and I've tried it with all of them. i can connect more solidly to a bluetooth device in another floor of my house than to my AmplifiFX 2 feet away.  iOS devices appear better from my experience, and in contrast to the above post the most stable iOS connection I've had is from an iPhone 4s.  One tip that might help - remove any clutter around the unit, if you arent using the main outs/phones/USB at the time unplug anything from them and remove all the cables.  I do tend to have a better connection that way.

Had mine over a year. Seems to get weaker and weaker.

I really hope that is not the case. My seems to be working great. I really hope it stays that way. I dont mind using mine without connection to the app except maybe to change some volumes to coincide to the size of the room I'm in. I don't always have a sound guy sitting there tweaking the P.A.

I actually bought mine used from Guitar Center. Couldn't get the Amplifi Utility to download. Finally had to borrow my neighbor iPad to download the update so that I could use it with my Kindle Fire Hdx 8.9 newest generation. BUT.... even from the start and without the update my Kindle and my phone would connect via bluetooth and stream music. After finally updating the firmware my Kindle connects and controls the pedal 99.9% of the time. It has only failed to connect 1 time. And the only glitch seems to be in the playback of music sometimes but never in the control. My pedal and app are quick and responsive with almost zero lag when switching tones. It works equally well with or without the app on. Of course without the app I get a little lost in the presets. My android phone works equally well. My biggest and most consistant issue has been the saving of tones but that is for another topic.

I to seem to lose connection when I start a song streaming. The song will keep streaming but the app says "no device connected". If I force quit the app and go back in it reconnects to the pedal. But if i start the song again it will disconnect the pedal.

Now, I was playing with settings---device selection---show advanced routing. I left it with tone editing the fx-100 and Audio playback the fx100.

It stopped dropping the connecting. I'm not saying this is the fox because now I can't get it to fail again, even if I turn advanced routing back off.

Was hoping you could try yours and see if it had an effect on the dropping issue.

I've confirmed that this is NOT the fix. I'm getting close though. I've proved to myself that the bug occurs in the few seconds between when you start the song and the app tried to do that tone match junk. In that critical moment, it drops the connection to the pedal. However, I've found a few combinations that causes it not to drop. And if you can get it to start a song once without dropping, you are good to go until you close the app and Coke back.

I just haven't found the exact sequence to make it work every time. It is a bug for sure.