Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pairing Multiple devices to Firehawk

Daddy_Rocker

I am a HD500X user that is looking at a Firehawk for simplicity.  One question I have is the bluetooth streaming.  With the Aux jack on the HD500X, I can plug in various devices, laptop, iphone/pad, etc and use various apps from my ipad (my music library, spotify, jam tracks, etc).  I like that flexibility.  So a couple questions:

1.  Can you connect any Bluetooth device and stream from that device even if I am not running running the firehawk app.  For example, if I want to jam to spotify tracks and play that through the firehawk (outside the app)

2.  Can the firehawk hold multiple paired devices or would I need to re-pair each device every time I switched devices?

Ultimately I am trying to see if it has the same flexibility as the Aux port or am I locked into the Firehawk App.

Yes to Item 1. I found this out the hard way.  I was using my IPad to view some private web videos (what can I say, I like that stuff).  All of a sudden I heard moaning and groaning coming from my music room. I'll be damned... the Ipad was sending the audio from the video to my music studio and it was playing in stereo and loud!!!  Quickly turned off the Firehawk and the audio stopped.  I was not running the Firehawk app, but did have the Firehawk on.  So be careful.

I will reply as well. My experience, I get my charts and mp3s through an app called Planning Center on my Ipad. I am able to play the Planning Center mp3s through the Firehawk. The combination of Firehawk, Ipad and Planning Center have been a total game changer for me. The days of burning cds and going through pages of hardcopy charts is dead and gone. I get a notification by email, go to the Planning Center app, and all of charts, mp3s, rehearsal times, soundcheck time, band personel, soundtechs are all there. On a side note, Planning Center allows me to make annotations (notes) on my charts which Planning Center saves to my profile. Next time that song comes up, the chart that I am sent will have all of my previous notes on it.

I noticed when I tapped on the speaker volume icon on the Ipad it gave me a choice of "Headphone" or "Firehawk" playback.

I will say that Planning Center will "kick out" the Firehawk app, so if I go from Planning Center to edit a Firehawk tone, it has to reconnect before I can edit. Takes a very short time, no big deal.