Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi Remote 2.50 Tuner Problems

ejcusa1

Ok... I have really had it with the Amplifi Remote app. Any one seeing the Tuner part of the app acting like you have a bad cable from your guitar to your amp? Mine is jumping around with the Notes as I'm tuning, kind of blinking a lot and not holding steady. As I'm tuning and as the red bars in either direction get closer to being in tune, it starts flashing, blinking, what ever you want to call it instead of smoothly getting in tune. On the amp itself it still works the same, but the Tuner on the app looks glitchy.  I have a Korg Tuner that works the way its suppose too, so I know its not the guitar or patch cord.

Ok... I have really had it with the Amplifi Remote app. Any one seeing the Tuner part of the app acting like you have a bad cable from your guitar to your amp? Mine is jumping around with the Notes as I'm tuning, kind of blinking a lot and not holding steady. As I'm tuning and as the red bars in either direction get closer to being in tune, it starts flashing, blinking, what ever you want to call it instead of smoothly getting in tune. On the amp itself it still works the same, but the Tuner on the app looks glitchy.  I have a Korg Tuner that works the way its suppose too, so I know its not the guitar or patch cord.

I'm right there with you.  The tuner screen on my iPad is trippin' balls, but the knob on my TT is working fine.  I'm upset about their follow through with the software, but after the iOS 9 debacle, I'm willing to tolerate this as long as my TT works.

Its funny... My other Forum has a lot of mixed emotions about how the app and amp are working together. I guess we will see how the next firmware fix is..

It looks like it might be pretty hit and miss with each individual amp.

My Amplifi 75 was having problems with the speaker so I took it in to where I bought it yesterday to have it looked at (I bought their 2 year warranty).  They gave me another Amplifi 75 as a free "rental" until my amp is fixed, and this replacement one disconnects all the time.

Nothing in my house has changed at all, and my Amplifi 75 didn't have any disconnect problems.  But this replacement one is driving me nuts.

You could be right Jaguar9080. But I'm not too sure. I changed mine out twice. They all worked the same. Could your "rental" replacement have a different firmware or did you update your firmware? Not saying Ha Ha on you going or driving you nuts on the disconnecting. Now you know how some of us feel. This tuner flashing is going to give me epilepsy. I don't know what changed on mine, but the disconnecting has gotten a little better. It still does it, but not as much anymore. I turned off the Auto Tone setting. It helped.  

Yeah, I updated the firmware.  It was the first thing I did when I got it.

I've already talked to the manager at the store.  He says the Amplifi amps get returned more than any other amp they sell.  When my amp gets sent back from Yorkville (the distributer here for Line 6 and many other products) they're going to let me exchange it for store credit so I can get something different.

Lucky you Jaguar9080. When I talked to Line 6, they said a firmware update is coming soon. Hopefully this can fix the problems. My iPad it playing new tricks now. Using the Amplifi Remote app for about an hour and the iPad restarts its self. I can't use it to do a set up on my guitars. In the middle of the set up, everything dorks out.... 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Would love to know how Line6 screwed up the Amplifi tuner so badly it's unusable. Very inaccurate and unreliable whichever guitar I use, pickup position or string. Often won't settle on a note; other times will settle on the wrong frequency entirely. If u aren't concentrating/listening it's so bad it's comedic. Initially I thought it was just the concentric display on the amp putting me off but then after picking up a floor pedal I realised my first instinct was correct. Regardless of firmware version it's truly awful.

In contrast my POD2 tuner was one of the most reliable and accurate tuners I've used and with a floorboard was perfect for stage tuning. The M9 also has an accurate well-damped display I often use when adjusting intonation for a very accurate set-up. So what happened?

For home use the Amplifi is a great little box of tricks but I've given up on the tuner. Given no firmware update to this point has improved the situation I'd guess it's never going to happen, not for a legacy product. I can live with that but I expected more from Line6.

Hi all, I'll jump in here.

I use an android tablet (Samsung and Nexus 7). Both seemed to work just fine in tuner mode UNTIL I updated the Firmware to the latest version.

I too see the signal jumping around like its a bad cable connection. So...thinking I had a bad cable, I swapped one out with no change.

Line 6 needs to get right on this!