Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sweetwater update

audionutmike

My Sales Engineer just emailed me the following:

"Hey Mike,

The Fedex Freight Truck was in Chicago last night. We are right in Indiana. I don't understand where the shipment is. Ha. Tracking says that the truck should be here today. We'll be getting them out the door as fast as we can!"

On top of that FedEx wait, I'm waiting on FedEx to drop off my new Ibanez here at work!   I so lack in patience!!

post-2236987-0-88782200-1444140156_thumb.jpg

I resisted calling yesterday. It wasn't easy. Hopefully they got there at some point. As I mentioned in another thread shipping has been very odd with companies in the last month. We get a lot from all three major carriers and USPS and Fedex especially have been missing the mark here. USPS is sometimes doubling shipping times and it isn't even holiday season. I look for a terrible shipping season for Christmas. FedEx is just bad locally which I realize is not the case around new the rest of the US. The best was getting three Fedex envelopes delivered by an old man in a grimy white tshirt in a beat up,Ford LTD. Two days ago,they delivered with a UHaul. And ther is a big FEDEX depot only 14 miles away.

I swear people will be less interested in the trajectory of the asteroid that will eventually wipe out the planet, than they are with the whereabouts of a particular FedEx truck carrying a guitar amp...;)

That is hilarious!! (And true). What we will all do when we actually get them in hand and have to go back to playing???

I wouldn't put a ton of stock in the dates that vendors put up on their sites. I've ordered things from MF and its affiliates that have ended up beating their projections sometimes by weeks or even months.

Your order has shipped!   Hi G,   Your order xxxxxxx shipped 10/6/15 via FedEx Ground (Home).

My rep from SW called me about 11:30 am CST this morning and said my Helix was in the warehouse and should be at my house by Thursday! 

got the call, it's on the way... be here Thursday.  The case from Rondo got here yesterday and the Alesis Alpha 112's will be here Thursday too.  New guitar from Hardluck Kings on Monday.  HD500, Tarcase, Rocktron Velocity 300, SKB case, Peavey Pa speakers all sold today...  It's like Christmas in October!

christmas-in-october.jpg

• Upvote 1

I just received an email from SW saying it shipped via fedex. I'm just around the corner from Indiana so should have it in the next couple of days. For anyone wondering I ordered it either Sept 4 or 7, can't remember at the moment, and obviously made it into the first batch.

Oct 06, 2015 ET

Your order has been picked, packed and transferred into the FedEx system. It can no longer be changed. More tracking information will be displayed just as soon as FedEx makes that information available.

Getting closer!

• Upvote 1

I figured I would get mine Thursday, which just happens to be my birthday. The estimated shipping date says tomorrow but the way Fedex is here it will probably be Thursday. Everything I get from Sweetwater says it should arrive the next day but I don't know that it ever has happened.

As expected, mine will get here tomorrow. It said estimated today . I am not sure why but it always says next day delivery from Sweetwater but Fedex never accomplishes this. The last tracking info was leaving a facility at about 3am that is about two to three hours from all of the local hubs. If it was going to be today I would have seen an early morning arrival and departure from the local hub and the out for delivery statement. No big deal. I knew it was happening. It just always make you hope when it says expected next day. I just wonder if it I'll show up with the old man (I hope not...he throws stuff) , uhaul or budget rental.

@Guitarzan that PRS is gorgeous...it has the piezo? Man oh man...

Thanks! 10 top (and bottom too) with custom color...

FullSizeRender%206_zpsodwg8a84.jpg

And yes, it has the piezo output too. I plan to run the mag pups through one chain on Helix, the piezo output through a second one.  ^_^

• Upvote 1

Mine says next day and should have been here today but it left an Ohio warehouse at 3am this morning and never showed a check in again. It should have at least hit the local terminal this morning. Fedex does it again. It is absolutely terrible in this area and I cringe when things shop here via Fedex. The guy with the budget Van will probably deliver it and throw it over the porch rail from the driveway like he did a box last week. Or it could be the U haul that delivered my ammo yesterday. All Fedex

Ha ha ha ha. I called Fedex. They said it is probably slowed by the flooding in South Carolina. I said WTF. It was coming to Western Pa from Indiana. Why would Southern Flooding affect it. The guy was quiet and said nothing.

I suppose if they sent trucks down to aid in transporting relief items

I had mine sent FedEx overnight... I walked out the door this morning at 9:45am was to my office at 10:00am... check the status online at 10:30am and it said that no one was home to sign for it at 10:07, so they'll try again tomorrow. :(   It was supposed to come to my office...  I called FedEx, they said the driver will swing by my house tonight at 6:00pm.   

I have never seen grown men acting like little children on Christmas Eve since before Pinatubo blew up and we had a flight scheduled to Cubi Pt for a month long tanker mission... (if you've never been, you'll never understand) :D :lol: :P

Wow. Your Fedex is good there . I called again pretty resigned to to fact it wasn't getting here today (normal local Fedex) but concerned that it left Fedex at 3am from a city 3 hours away and had not checked in 14 hours later. Fedex said it still shows in transit. Really? I can see that. They have no idea where it's at. No idea why it hasn't at least gotten to the local Pittsburgh terminal. All the said was it should be here tomorrow and the can't help me.

Wow. Your Fedex is good there . I called again pretty resigned to to fact it wasn't getting here today (normal local Fedex) but concerned that it left Fedex at 3am from a city 3 hours away and had not checked in 14 hours later. Fedex said it still shows in transit. Really? I can see that. They have no idea where it's at. No idea why it hasn't at least gotten to the local Pittsburgh terminal. All the said was it should be here tomorrow and the can't help me.

Hopefully they find yours... and hopefully you'll be unboxing it soon... and hopefully I'll be unboxing mine in an hour!  ;)  We'll see

Wow. Your Fedex is good there . I called again pretty resigned to to fact it wasn't getting here today (normal local Fedex) but concerned that it left Fedex at 3am from a city 3 hours away and had not checked in 14 hours later. Fedex said it still shows in transit. Really? I can see that. They have no idea where it's at. No idea why it hasn't at least gotten to the local Pittsburgh terminal. All they said was it should be here tomorrow and they can't help me.

Here is my problem guys. I turn 53 tomorrow but I am still like a little kid at Christmas when I know new gear has shipped. Even though I knew from past experience my Helix would not arrive on the date Fedex said, I couldn't sleep last night hoping just once they would deliver here on time. Now another sleepless night awaits. Will I get my birthday gift tomorrow? Since Fedex doesn't even know where it is right now I wonder. Past experience says yes. Normally they ate one day late. I just hope it's not budget rental guy delivering tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Well still not out for delivery. Crazy. Fedex is not my friend. I called and talked to a Fedex rep this morning. He said it was due yesterday. I wanted to say NO lollipop, but I stayed polite. He promised delivery today. 10 minutes later Fedex calls and said it didn't arrive until 5am and was at the terminal. I told the guy I had just made arrangements and it was to be delivered today. He wasn't happy but said to hold. He came back and said it would be here today. We will see.