Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X Randomly Goes Into Tuner Mode

drewstunes77

Over the last few months my POD HD500X will randomly go into tuner / bypass mode while I'm playing.  It might happen once or twice every couple of hours but once it did it 6 times in less than 2 minutes.   This past weekend at church just as I hit the first note of a guitar solo it did it and I looked like an idiot stepping on it to try and get it out of tuner mode.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I reloaded the latest Firmware but that did not fix the problem.  I'm hesitant to use it live at this point.

I have the same problem, and also had it with my M13. I guess i'm overusing the tap switch and it's getting rusty.

I'll try some cleaning and oil, then maybe the external tap tempo mod, or even the "maybe don't buy line6 again?" mod. 

Two others have said much the same thing I am thinking, faulty switch, not latching properly.

I had issues a year or so back where the HD500X kept changing by itself, and it was faulty switches, in fact about half of them were defective, straight out of the factory.

I'm having this problem right now.... the switch keeps turning on the tuner and muting me at the most crucial time and I've noticed it does it more in loud environments and particularly when the bass is cranked up so it seems vibration is enough to trigger the switch.

I've just stripped it down and sprayed the switches with large amounts of switch cleaner and I'm hoping this will cure my problem but I noticed something while doing it and wondered if it's normal..... on the bottom row the TAP TEMPO and the next three switches to it don't have a definite click.  The next two do and so do all of the switches on the row above.  I noticed when it was disassembled that these switches don't seem to have any kind of click or spring to them as I would expect from a micro switch while all the others do. 

Can anyone tell me if all their switches click (you can hear it without taking apart when you press any of the footswitches) or are those four a slightly different design and not supposed to click ??? If they should click and have a spring feel about them then I reckon the switch cleaner wont be enough to fix it long term.

If they are all buggered I think the best solution would be to replace the whole PCB rather than fiddle around finding and soldering new micro switches ... if so any ideas where that could be purchased in the UK ????

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...