Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Until we get updated El Capitan Drivers...

b-bender

Radical thought: how about not updating your OS? That's the free option and works for sure.

Here's another radical thought. Perhaps Line 6 could have gotten involved with some of the pre-release developers versions of El Capitan, found the problem and had an update ready at or even before OS 10.11's official release?

• Upvote 2

I'm a OS X user, but I even think the big software companies should boycott Apple when they are insisting in their stupid annual releases strategy.

Ā 

Ā 

IMHO, every operating system should have a life cycle of at least 1000 days, let's say 3 years.

Here's another radical thought. Perhaps Line 6 could have gotten involved with some of the pre-release developers versions of El Capitan, found the problem and had an update ready at or even before OS 10.11's official release?

Ā 

Yes they could. But then how far into the beta do you wait before you can say this is near to what will be released? Should Line 6 (and everyone else for that matter) be writing drivers only to have them useless with the next beta version, wasting useful time and resources? Personally, if I was a software developer I would either have a dual boot or more likely a dedicated machine for work.

By the 3rd beta it is quite stable indeed with plenty of time to get it worked out. The point is that this is the period to work out and test your new drivers which are also beta with a smaller intrepid group of testers. Then you are ready for release. Quite a simple and straightforward approach.

Yes they could. But then how far into the beta do you wait before you can say this is near to what will be released? Should Line 6 (and everyone else for that matter) be writing drivers only to have them useless with the next beta version, wasting useful time and resources? Personally, if I was a software developer I would either have a dual boot or more likely a dedicated machine for work.

There are testimonies of people right on these forums who were aware of a problem in their own, non-Line 6, endeavors in the pre-release versions of El Capitan. They found it. The problem probably didn't change much. And from what I can tell, everyone is having trouble with a final release of El Capitan. I think is a time for humility from those representing Line 6 and patience on the part of Line 6 users. Doing a superior dance regarding the wisdom of early adoption of a long awaited, major company's final release OS, or trying to distract by pointing fingers at other company's supposed incompatibilities doesn't seem very helpful.Ā 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I could not agree more. IƂĀ“m the owner of one of the leading 3D startups in the world and a VERY happy Line6 customer since POD 2.0 .Ā I can tell you that for a company like Line6 to be up to date with iOS is not that hard. It is a conscious decision not to dedicate enough resources to the development team (or maybe not managing the allocated resources). This is very disappointing.

• Upvote 1

Well... this is getting ridiculous. An update should not take this long, especially with such a lack of communication.

Ā 

But I think I found a workaround: Selling my now obsolete POD HD500 on ebay and buying an audio interface. And never buying a Line 6 product again.

I'm sure we come up with something else to complain about is we just put our minds to it!Ā 

Ā 

Seriously, I'm glad this is out now. I had to update to a newer OS X so that I could use Logic Remote and (I'm not a Mac expert) it seems you can not easily do incremental updates from a previous version of OS X any more. I was at 10.8 and needed 10.9.2 to use remote. Had to go all the way to 10.11.1 to get it to work because I could not figure out how to get to 10.9.2.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the update info.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Awesome, I just got the UX2 from Line 6 and I can't install any of the POD Farm 2.5 drivers because it says my Mac isn't compatible. Ā  :angry:Ā  :angry:Ā  :angry:Ā  :angry:Ā  I had no idea El Capitan wasn't compatible with this software, so now I'm stuck with this piece of plastic that doesn't work. Ā It appears this has been an issue for some time and yet there is no fix for this? Ā Really Line 6? Ā Horrible customer service!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Super Easy Fix !!!

Got Toneport UX2 (old red model) working with El Captian. Heres what i did. Google search line 6 driver version 7.6.7 download, open, install the driver.

Thats all you need to do. Now heres my story.

I've had a UX2 for about 9 years now. I hated it to tell you the truth. But now i'm loving it. I use Reason and don't really like to go outside of Reason. Reason is my choice of weapon. Thanks Reason ! Been with you guys since 2.5 ! I always hated Gearbox and line 6 monkey. By the way i didn't need them on this way around. By simply installing the 7.6.7 driver my system reckonized it. Install the driver, then open "system preferences" to check if the driver is there. It will be at the bottom of the window and say "Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices" Double click the line 6 icon to open up "Line 6 Audio MIDI Devices" Then click on "Run Audio MIDI Setup" NOTE: This is a quick link to the mac system "Audio Midi Setup" The one thats found in >applications>Utilities>Audio midi setup. Thanks line 6 for the quick link !! I didnt know about that for years. From here you can check things like left & right stereo field to see if your system is performing properly. Also you have to right click on "Toneport" and check it to receive input (Microphone) and output (sound output). There will be little icons that verify the selection. Note: You can also set the system alerts like beeps and noises to go through the Line 6 interface. Back to the Line 6 window side of thingsĀ "Line 6 Audio MIDI Devices" you can configure "inputs and recording" under the "input source" function. Also you can select what the actual interface shows on the meters by messing with the "Hardware meters show" function. No need to have the Gearbox Software. Or the Line 6 monkey updater ! No more monkeying around with those things !! Go straight to the mac system and check Toneport for ins and outs. Then go straight to Reason and check Toneport under audio !! Anyways thats how i got past the Gearbox and monkey. My system can configure those settings. I don't need additional software for that. By the way, I can still use my keyboard volume to adjust levels. I can also set levels on the hardware interface. And i can set levels on my monitors. I usually try to set the hardware and monitors to half way then go up and down as needed on my keyboard. I have a Mac Pro 2009 4.1 firmware upgrade to 5.1 with 3.46 processors on the way this week. Running El Captian 10.11.6. Ive added some images to help anyone interested

post-762659-0-99471000-1488965266_thumb.png