Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

8 stomps per preset...?

rudomat

From the demo I just saw you can load 32 FX (less with amp models) and then have the 8 main switches plus the 2 bank switches all available and each can do 8 separate actions - switching FX on or off OR toggling between 2 settings for a control on any of the FX units, and of course you can have 3 controllers (expression pedals) each controlling up to 8 things and if you have a JTV the Volume and Tone on that act as controllers as well... and then there is MIDI...

From the demo I just saw you can load 32 FX (less with amp models) and then have the 8 main switches plus the 2 bank switches all available and each can do 8 separate actions - switching FX on or off OR toggling between 2 settings for a control on any of the FX units, and of course you can have 3 controllers (expression pedals) each controlling up to 8 things and if you have a JTV the Volume and Tone on that act as controllers as well... and then there is MIDI...

Yep, you can theoretically have up to 32 effects per preset. I say theoretically because unless you want 32 EQs, you probably won't hit that, but I can't imagine ever really needing near that many. Essentially, there are 4 paths in Helix, and you can have up to 8 blocks in each path.

I only said it because Paul Hindmarsh showed me a patch with all 32 blocks containing something - and a variety of icons in the blocks (so quite not all EQ and volume/pan). But he wouldn't play it - saying it was only to demonstrate the potential and wasn't a practical example of anything. 

Yep, you can theoretically have up to 32 effects per preset. I say theoretically because unless you want 32 EQs, you probably won't hit that, but I can't imagine ever really needing near that many. Essentially, there are 4 paths in Helix, and you can have up to 8 blocks in each path.

yes...but all per preset...that means, when i´m on preset #1/preset mode, i then hit stomp mode and have eight dedicated stomps available, then, returning to preset mode, i hit preset #2, then back to stomp mode and have eight different stomps there (dedicated to preset #2...) and so on...so each preset in preset mode can have a totally different essemble of stomps in its´ dedicated stomp mode...right?

yes...but all per preset...that means, when i´m on preset #1/preset mode, i then hit stomp mode and have eight dedicated stomps available, then, returning to preset mode, i hit preset #2, then back to stomp mode and have eight different stomps there (dedicated to preset #2...) and so on...so each preset in preset mode can have a totally different essemble of stomps in its´ dedicated stomp mode...right?

Yes. Each preset can actually have up to 11 switches, including the EXP toe switch.

I only said it because Paul Hindmarsh showed me a patch with all 32 blocks containing something - and a variety of icons in the blocks (so quite not all EQ and volume/pan). But he wouldn't play it - saying it was only to demonstrate the potential and wasn't a practical example of anything. 

It was caught on video too: go to 10:20 in this video - I didn't take the video, I am the person trying not to look too stupid on the right  :)