Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp parameters assignable?

mcbeddall

Hi, I thought I had been able to assign amp parameters to the footpedal in the past but now I don't seem able to, I haven't used the firehawk for a couple of months so I could be wrong

What I'm trying to do is swell the amp gain in real time during a solo that starts clean and finishes dirty, I can assign the footpedal to the gain on a stomp pedal but if I do it on the amp model I will have an extra fx slot at my disposal

Anybody got any ideas I could try?

Cheers

Hi, I thought I had been able to assign amp parameters to the footpedal in the past but now I don't seem able to, I haven't used the firehawk for a couple of months so I could be wrong

What I'm trying to do is swell the amp gain in real time during a solo that starts clean and finishes dirty, I can assign the footpedal to the gain on a stomp pedal but if I do it on the amp model I will have an extra fx slot at my disposal

Anybody got any ideas I could try?

Cheers

As I remember you cannot assign amp parameters to the footpedal (yet- maybe an ideascale thing). Mcbeddall your thoughts on the 1.2 FW? - in particular the lag.

Much much better, still maybe a quarter of a second gap between changes but I'm not experiencing any of the noise artifacts from before, I have to add though I only just put the firehawk back into my rig a few nights ago so only one rehearsal so far and haven't tried every single patch.

I'm thinking I can live with it as it stands but hopefully they'll tweak it a bit more one day and reduce the gap even more.

How are you getting along with the hd?

That's great man- Glad to hear.  I liked the firehawk, becasue it had great sound and a $hitload of amps and cabs.  The main thing I like about the HD500X is the double amps, you can really get a thick sound from have 2 seperate channel paths. Cheers!