Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix reviews please!

capdoogie

The only thing I keep wondering is:

Why on Earth didn't the HD500 or now The HELIX have delay trails when you switch patches?

It sounds so bad to be playing a lead with delay and hit that last note before going back to a crunch sound and the delay gets cut off instantly.

It seems like that would have been something that woud have been addressed a long time ago. :(​​​

My decade-old Boss GT-8 does delay and reverb tails between patches, but it's a nighmare to set up; a classy alternative that isn't a nightmare to implement is a boosted Solo setting for each amp patch that works nicely. I would think the easiest and best solution on the Helix would be to add a boost and/or an alternate amp into whatever patches you plan to solo from, so your tails would be intact when you switch those bits off.

I played with my new Helix last night on Fremont Street here in Las Vegas with my band.

I used it going straight to the PA and had a separate monitor mix for myself with Helix being fed back to me.

I usually use my DT amp and Bogner cab as well and mic them up, but last night there were 3 different bands so I had to break down from the stage quickly.

Verdict: The Helix sounded GREAT! The soundman at the venue complimented me on my guitar tone. We play classic rock. I'm using the Boogie Rectifier amp for crunch and leads. My lead tone just has the drive all the way up on 10 as opposed to the crunch tone being on 6 and I also crank up the master volume on the lead patch a bit.  Plenty of distortion and​​​​ sustain while still maintaining articulation. Basically...it sounded a lot like the Boogie rectifier amp itself would have. I'm very pleased.

Today I've been setting up patches to use with my DT 50 and Bogner 4x12 cab. I'm running straight into the effects return of the DT50 because Helix isn't working properly yet to use the L6 link with the DT amp (but that is coming they have told me).

And now that I've got the same amp settings using the "Preamp" instead of "Amp & Cab"...it sounds incredible with the tubes of the DT amps power amp section and the coloration of the Greenbacks in the Bogner cab. It really thumps and has an extra "sweetness" in the distortion. :)

​

As someone who owns a boogie rectifier, I can say with certainty this post is proof that Line6 did not model the exact knobs and knob behavior of a boogie rectifier. Anyone that has read a rectifier manual will tell you that A) there is no "Drive" knob, and that B) diming the Gain results in unusable garbage. Mesa amps are tricky to get really great tone out of because the knobs all impact the tone differently than on, say Marshall or Fender amps, due to how Mesas are wired. This is not a criticism of Helix designers; good on 'em if they've made it easy to dial in great Recto tone. Just calling out some marketing nonsense.

Thanks, bieb, for the first impressions. It sounds like your usage scenario is pretty similar to how I'll mostly be using it. Really excited about this!

I have a Mesa dual rec 3 channel, this amp is really good and many sounds can be found, if the helix can do 80% of the Mesa I will be happy.

Also I had a mark v, I don't see how the helix could get all the sounds that amp is capable of.

But in the past I tried line 6, boss gt's, zoom and others on Mesa amps, and Mesa amps don't like them, tried the Roland cube with boss-gt 10 and 100, was ok, I have tried these pedals on powered monitors and again just ok and left me wanting.

I'm going somewhere with this just hold on.........I have just got an ENGL power tube amp (older one) and this is amazing, I have tried it on many pedals and it makes them all sound great. Even cheap digitech pedals from years ago sound good on this ENGL.

I just took back a boss gt 100 and put the money on a helix. For some reason the boss gt 100 took the tube feel away from the engl but it still sounded really good.

So I'm waiting on the Helix to get in so I can hook it up to the Engl tube power amp......this may be a spectacular combination.

I haven't owned a axe fx but the ones I got to hear were pretty good, the boss gt 100 played into the engl comes close to what I got to hear from the axe fx, so I can't wait to see what the helix can do.

I took the advice some of you gave...and I went in and created lead sounds on the same patches as the rhythm sounds and assigned them to footswitches to keep the trails of the delay.
​
Seems to work just fine!

As for the Dual R​ec not supposed to be cranked to "10" and not having a "Drive"...that may be so. But I'm telling you that on the Helix that is what I am using for lead sound. And it sounds great!

I'm not one for sounding like a mosquito with too much distortion. I like having a thick and creamy mid range tone that also requires my picking hand to get things done. That's why I don't like distortion pedals in front of an amp.

And I was able to achieve that sound with the Boogie Rectifier model on the Helix. Whether they modeled it "exactly" as a "real" one...I don't know. But I do know that the lead tone I'm getting is perfect for me and behaves exactly like a real hot rod tube amp should.
And once I added in my DT50 amp and Bogner 4x12 it got even sweeter.

​

• Upvote 1

When I said the Boss gt 100 took the tube feel away from the Engl I meant when you pick soft or hard the volume didn't change, sounded like a tube amp but didn't respond like one.

Some of the older pedals would do this on the Engl, but in all fairness the Engl is a tube amp just no pre tube stage.

I can't believe someone would put so much emphasis on things that the Helix currently lacks, even going so far as to calling it 'the ugly' - dude.. you KNEW before you even put the credit card number in what the Helix actually came with. There are lists available everywhere.

The "Good, the Bad And The Ugly" is a reference to the title of an old Western movie, I wouldn't get too wound up about it. Can you honestly say you would not like to see some more models and effects on this unit?  The topic I posted my review in was for the express purpose of requesting reviews of the product and was not started by me. A useful review usually contains both positive and negative unless the subject of the review is absolutely perfect. I don't expect the Helix to be perfect within the first few weeks of its release. It is however damm impressive!  The list of things in my review to love on this unit contains many more items (15 items in "THE GOOD" section and only 1 item in "THE UGLY"). Just because a shortcoming is documented does not mean it is not an issue, and in this case, happily, one that can be addressed. Balanced reviews are helpful and often lead to product improvement.  I am trying to give honest feedback in hopes that a great product can be even better. If you can't stand to hear anything negative you are welcome to skip over my posts or only submit glowing reviews of your own. No flame war intended!

Edited by Line6Tony
  • Upvote 4

I took the advice some of you gave...and I went in and created lead sounds on the same patches as the rhythm sounds and assigned them to footswitches to keep the trails of the delay.

​

Seems to work just fine!

As for the Dual R​ec not supposed to be cranked to "10" and not having a "Drive"...that may be so. But I'm telling you that on the Helix that is what I am using for lead sound. And it sounds great!

I'm not one for sounding like a mosquito with too much distortion. I like having a thick and creamy mid range tone that also requires my picking hand to get things done. That's why I don't like distortion pedals in front of an amp.

And I was able to achieve that sound with the Boogie Rectifier model on the Helix. Whether they modeled it "exactly" as a "real" one...I don't know. But I do know that the lead tone I'm getting is perfect for me and behaves exactly like a real hot rod tube amp should.

And once I added in my DT50 amp and Bogner 4x12 it got even sweeter.

​

Happy to hear that the solo boosting on your rhythm patches worked out well!

As for the "Drive" nitpicking, sorry if I sounded harsh. It actually is a really good thing if they have managed to capture the vibe without the fiddly inputs of the real thing. I'm glad that the Dual Rec model is sounds good for you in multiple gain situations besides just balls-to-the-wall high gain stuff--the real things really are brilliantly versatile (as @jar1zx also pointed out) and surprisingly capable as clean amps and as just-beginning-to-breakup amps.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Once you try using an acoustic IR with an acoustic guitar, I suspect that you might never want to use an acoustic amp model again. It sounds much more realistic than any other treatment I've ever heard.

But what about Variax? I use a Variax acoustic 700, so the models are already in the guitar. I want to use the acoustic amp model not to convolve a piezo pickup into something that sounds more acoustic, but rather the usual tone tayloring that one needs to do depending on song, mix, venue, etc.

There's enough EQ capability in Helix to do this, but you miss the ability to press the Amp button to quickly get to the amp tone controls in those cases where you might not use a footswitch to run an EQ on or off (so you can't just touch the footswitch to quickly get to the EQ).

I'd also like to have an acoustic or preamp model for use with mandolin, vocals, etc., all the other things you migh connect to Helix.

The "Good, the Bad And The Ugly" is a reference to the title of an old Western movie, I wouldn't get too wound up about it. Can you honestly say you would not like to see some more models and effects on this unit?  Or is it easier just to snipe at others in your user community who are asking for something that would benefit you (assuming you even have this unit). The topic I posted my review in was for the express purpose of requesting reviews of the product and was not started by me. A useful review usually contains both positive and negative unless the subject of the review is absolutely perfect. I don't expect the Helix to be perfect within the first few weeks of its release. It is however damm impressive! "I can't believe" that with such an extensive review you choose to focus on and criticize me for one small part of it that most members of this community are aware is an issue. The list of things in my review to love on this unit contains many more items (15 items in "THE GOOD" section and only 1 item in "THE UGLY"). Just because a shortcoming is documented does not mean it is not an issue, and in this case, happily, one that can be addressed. Balanced reviews are helpful and often lead to product improvement.  I am trying to give honest feedback in hopes that a great product can be even better. If you can't stand to hear anything negative you are welcome to skip over my posts or only submit glowing reviews of your own. I think it is awesome that Line6 inspires such loyalty that anything but blowing sunshine up their lollipop immediately inspires people to attack those who make suggestions on how to improve the product. Just seems to me you are undermining something that will ultimately benefit all of us. No flame war intended!

Admirable sentiments, I'm going to suggest that it might be the many points under BAD that lead into UGLY and the tone that got a few offside.  I expect it to be a remarkable thing and from the sounds of it they've delivered. And there's always Ideascale.

Edited by Line6Tony
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It is my sincere hope that those who read my initial review that seems to be generating some backlash take away from it two things:

• I think the Helix is a groundbreaking, fantastic sounding, and wonderful product eminently worthy of purchase! The Helix addresses several of the most critical areas in my wish list that no other product has been able to provide. I am delighted with it on a variety of fronts.
  • I think it has some shortcomings, most of which will hopefully be addressed with firmware updates.

True, Ideascale is a great place to make specific product requests. However my overarching intention was to make a broad request for more amps and cabs, not for my specific favorites (although I did note IMHO some glaring omissions, hard not to in a general review). I very clearly stated that no one is expecting everyone's pet ("robot dog") requests to make it into the product (see my comment in the original review above). I think most early adopters anticipate eagerly that we will see more amps and effects added to future firmware updates along the way. With that said, as I stated, I think the Helix was released without a proper baseline of amps and effects. You are welcome to disagree with that assertion . 

Edited by Line6Tony
  • Upvote 1

Thank you sir!

Got a Helix Friday.  Spent some quality time with it today. 

Created a patch for piezo pickup using one of these mic'd Taylor impulse-responses.  Figured this would be a good/simple way to get started.

• Taylor IR
  • Simple EQ (2dB cut at 195Hz, tiny boost to bottom/top)
  • Chamber Reverb (just a smidge)

I was literally laughing out loud while playing.

It sounds amazingly good... and it was so simple to setup.

I had been using a Kemper profile of EQ preset 2 on an Avalon U5 DI (which works pretty well).

There's a lot of talk about comparing the Kemper, Axe-FX, and Helix.

I've got a Kemper... and I'm not (yet) ready to say the Helix is a 100% replacement.  I'm sure Axe-FX owners feel the same.

That said, I've played thru and tweaked some of the raw amp-models... and found numerous good sounding heavy-crunch options (most important to me).

Once the amp/cab is dialed-in for the specific guitar, you can almost feel the response of the cab.  Nice dynamic response!

As to whether the models are completely accurate, that's hard to quantify in a meaningful way.

I think the amp/cab models are good.  Enough so that (to me) 100% accuracy takes a back seat.

The above acoustic patch was enough for me to decide Helix is a keeper.

I want to program my own sounds, import some quality cab/mic impulse responses, and use Helix in rehearsal and live.

From what I've seen/heard thus far, Helix can hold its own with the best of the best.

To that end, I see Helix being very popular.  

For Kemper users, Helix can be used in tandem for more advanced EFX and advanced remote control.

• Upvote 3

I don't think what I said was particularly fanboi-ish. Certainly not worth the barbing I just received for making a completely logical statement.

I've put many things into Ideascale, including very popular requests for amps such as the EVH5150III and the Diezel VH4. I've even spoken directly to Digital Igloo and suggested some things that I thought would be benefical. I've even voiced my opinion on the unit after testing it out here in London back in September, and explaining some of the limitations of it. I've been very fair.

Characterising me as not being willing to hear criticism, or only wanting to hear glowing reviews... .

I didn't attack your tone. I merely questioned your over-emphasis on the selection of amps and effects being limited, when Line 6 have been exceptionally transparent about what is going to be included at launch and what isn't. If you're unhappy with the selection and don't think it's worth the price, then perhaps you shouldn't have bought it.

I'm not particularly interested in reading a list of good points versus bad points. I've used the unit. I was one of the first people to post my thoughts here based on actually using it, and I'm currently waiting for my unit to ship. But I'm more interested in things that I don't know about, which is why I didn't pick up on anything else from your review. Simply put: it was all obvious to me anyway. I disagreed with some of your comments on the build quality, but I wasn't going to make a mountain out of it.

And I'm nowhere near a Line 6 apologist, fanboi, defender, or crusader. I use what I need to get the job done.

And lets be clear here - not everyone is agreed unanimously that the Helix doesn't give you enough out of the box. 45 amps? FORTY FIVE AMPS.... Let that sink in a bit hey...

For you to respond the way you have... well... 

Edited by Line6Tony
  • Downvote 1

The good

Helix has arrived

The bad

It has not arrived at my house yet

The ugly

I'll certainly chime in with what I hope are some helpful opinions when my unit arrives, I certainly won't be calling anyone abusive or idiotic. That would be...abusive and idiotic. Back to people reviewing their Helices and the features they have only just discovered,
the lucky ones who have them already, yeah?

Edited by Line6Tony
Inflammatory post
  • Upvote 1

I read the Good bad and the ugly and overall it seemed a more than fair review.

I did get the impression the unit lacked in amp models and having looked at the manual etc it is clearly not. 

So the ugly title and the lack of amps was a misdirector 

The FX are lacking  a bit to what we are used to and undoubtedly Line 6 will support Helix with advances including 

more FX Amps etc.

On the plus side of ugly those FX sound fantastic!

• Upvote 4

Whether or not Line6 did an exceptional job of getting the amp/effects list out early is now moot, it is out. You may find that you feel differently about this published list when you receive your Helix and start scrolling through the somewhat sparse amp and pedal selections. You sound like yet another person who has yet to receive his unit and therefor experience the first hand disappointment of a relatively small library of amps and effects and consequently express the hope and desire that more be delivered in a future update (near future). I don't believe I ever stated "everyone unanimously" would want more amps and effects, just most; please provide a quote. Whether you admit it or not you may well feel the same way when your Helix arrives, or even better yet the issue will be addressed by Line6 by then. I stand by my original plea to Line6. Please let us know as soon as possible if more amps and effects are on the way. 

Edited by Line6Tony
Inflammatory post

I also enjoyed some of your review. Naming desirable features and a massive array of fx and amps not yet available is fine, but characterising the company that just put four years into the thing and hopefully got the all important basics right, as coming up short in so many ways seems excessive. 

Edited by Line6Tony
Inflammatory post
  • Upvote 1

Wow. I did not know this...

Axe FX - 243 Amps

Helix - 45

With me, the more choices, the better. Then Im sure to find a few I like ; )

We all need those 243 amps when we play live.  Enjoy!   :)  I realize a lot of choice is great but there comes a point when you have to ask yourself if you will really use all of it?

We all need those 243 amps when we play live.  Enjoy!   :)  I realize a lot of choice is great but there comes a point when you have to ask yourself if you will really use all of it?

I am not sure everyone who mentions a competing product is just being a troll (although I am sure some are) for Fractal or whatever their favorite flavored competing board happens to be. It does not seem entirely illegitimate to make some comparisons to the Fractal units as they appear to invite some obvious comparisons with the Helix. I ultimately decide to go with the Helix as Line6 managed to deliver the features that were most important to me.  There is probably a happy medium most users can be satisfied with in regards to the number of amps and effects and Line6 has a bit of a way to go before it hits that mark. I am struggling to remind myself that in this space of high end processors, the Fractal product has been around a lot longer, is more expensive, and been allowed the time to mature.  I agree that there is a point where the demands on Line6 and requests can get ridiculous. Line6 like every other company is constrained by development costs. They are demonstrating an obvious desire to provide a new, better, and consistent standard of quality in their amp and effect patches rather than just spin up a bunch of crappy emulations to please their users. The challenge is that their user base has a wide range of favorite amps and effects, even though as you point out, only a very few amps and effect will make it into most user's live or recording rig.  I think the challenge for Line6 is finding that delicate balance of maintaining quality and providing their user base with an adequate, not insane, number of choices such that many or most of their user's will be satisfied by finding some, not all, of their favorite amps and effects. I for one was hoping they would start with considerably more choices than they did and add to them as they went along. They will never be able to please everyone, maintain a quality product, and not go broke in the process. I wonder sometimes if units like the Helix could adopt an Open Source model where users could create amps and effects and offer them up to the Helix community free and/or paid. The programming may be too difficult or perhaps it would result in too many crappy amps/effects surrounding the occasional gem to sort out. Just spitballing here. Anyway, I think Line6 would serve itself and its user base well to provide a bit more robust library of amps and effects. They have plenty of room before they eventually hit the point of diminishing returns. There is a win-win situation that can be reached in terms of sales vs. user satisfaction vs. development resources. Not sure if that equation is quite balanced yet, and why should it be, the unit has only been out for a few days. Despite that fact, I can't help but be a bit disappointed with the initial range of choices when it comes to amps and effects. However, as of right now the good still far outweighs the bad, this baby is not going back. I am choosing to trust Line6 to offer a larger library in the near future.

• Upvote 1

Wow. I did not know this...Axe FX - 243 AmpsHelix - 45With me, the more choices, the better. Then Im sure to find a few I like ; )

Wow Really?

You claim to own an axe fx 2, but you didn't know how many amps it has?

You cancelled a helix....... Unable to read the specs on it when you placed an order?

I don't see that many people in here flaming the ax fx or kemper.

I seen your one of the fantastic four when it comes to the Helix you flame on.

Just let us enjoy the wait on the wonderful shipping dates that change day from day. Not really cool to flame a group of people that are already pissed about not getting the helix on time.

Nice guitar the sl1 btw. I love USA Jackson guitars, have a sl2, an rr custom shop

The reality is every Helix message board has turned into Axe / Kemper vs Helix... Just as media create the "apple vs Android"

No matter what.. No one wants to admit their 3000+ equipment is matched by a $1500 product...

Remember those android post.. "my Oct core processor got to .. has to be faster than iphone 2 cores"

• Upvote 1

I am not sure everyone who mentions a competing product is just being a troll (although I am sure some are) for Fractal or whatever their favorite flavored competing board happens to be. It does not seem entirely illegitimate to make some comparisons to the Fractal units as they appear to invite some obvious comparisons with the Helix. I ultimately decide to go with the Helix as Line6 managed to deliver the features that were most important to me.  There is probably a happy medium most users can be satisfied with in regards to the number of amps and effects and Line6 has a bit of a way to go before it hits that mark. I am struggling to remind myself that in this space of high end processors, the Fractal product has been around a lot longer, is more expensive, and been allowed the time to mature.  I agree that there is a point where the demands on Line6 and requests can get ridiculous. Line6 like every other company is constrained by development costs. They are demonstrating an obvious desire to provide a new, better, and consistent standard of quality in their amp and effect patches rather than just spin up a bunch of crappy emulations to please their users. The challenge is that their user base has a wide range of favorite amps and effects, even though as you point out, only a very few amps and effect will make it into most user's live or recording rig.  I think the challenge for Line6 is finding that delicate balance of maintaining quality and providing their user base with an adequate, not insane, number of choices such that many or most of their user's will be satisfied by finding some, not all, of their favorite amps and effects. I for one was hoping they would start with a few more choices than they did and add to them as they went along. They will never be able to please everyone, maintain a quality product, and not go broke in the process. I wonder sometimes if units like the Helix could adopt an Open Source model where users could create amps and effects and offer them up to the Helix community free and/or paid. The programming may be too difficult or perhaps it would result in too many crappy amps/effects surrounding the occasional gem to sort out. Just spitballing here. Anyway, I think Line6 would serve itself and its user base well to provide a bit more robust library of amps and effects. They have plenty of room before they eventually hit the point of diminishing returns. There is a win-win situation that can be reached in terms of sales vs. user satisfaction vs. development resources. Not sure if that equation is quite balanced yet, and why should it be, the unit has only been out for a few days. Despite that fact, I can't help but be a bit disappointed with the initial range of choices when it comes to amps and effects. However, as of right now the good still far outweighs the bad, this baby is not going back. I am choosing to trust Line6 to offer a larger library in the near future.

Paragraphs are good

• Upvote 1

This machine is a beast. L6 has stated that the ongoing support of Helix development is something we can count on.

If we're one of the lucky ones to currently have one, we are an EARLY ADOPTER of a fantastic piece of guitar sonic tech.

My other rig is Mesa Mark V based. I'll never sell my Mark V; I also don't ever plan on getting rid of the Helix - it's an amazing piece of equipment.

• Upvote 1

bloodychoir, on 13 Oct 2015 - 12:01 AM, said:

Ahem. So does this thing have a Roland Jazz Chorus or have I blown a couple of grand? Anyone?

Yes—it's called "Jazz Rivet 120."

EDIT: I fail at recognizing sarcasm after midnight. I'm like a really boring version of Gremlins.

There are 15 points under "THE GOOD", 6 points under "THE BAD" and 1 point under the "THE UGLY".

And I liked your review, HonestOpinion. :)

This has nothing to do with you, but it would've been nice if another poster in this thread didn't copypasta only the Ugly section of your review to a brand new thread in a different forum and then title it "For the curious - some Helix user feedback starts to roll in." Personally, I prefer my trolls with a bit of subtlety and nuance.

• Upvote 1

Ha! Sorry, bloodychoir. Sarcasm is harder to read when posting responses in 200 threads across two dozen forums. Cheers!

Not a worry, it's an amp that often gets derided, and I was alluding to that, but I've always wanted one. A one trick pony which, if you happen to dig chorus, is a very nice trick. Look forward to dialling it in!

Hey can you guys argue somewhere else, people are trying to read this trying to get useful information out of it, not to read pages of round and round.

arguing on the internet is like trying to push ... up hill.

nobody wins and everybody comes out of it stinking of ...

Edited by Line6Tony
Cuss words
  • Upvote 3

Hey can you guys argue somewhere else, people are trying to read this trying to get useful information out of it, not to read pages of round and round.

arguing on the internet is like trying to push sh!t up hill.

nobody wins and everybody comes out of it stinking of a$$

Amen.... And if you guys insist on continuing the argument on here can you resort to just calling each other names - it will be a lot easier to read.

Amen.... And if you guys insist on continuing the argument on here can you resort to just calling each other names - it will be a lot easier to read.

and less time consuming....

• Upvote 1

So for you fortunate ones who pre ordered. Here's my question. Like I posted above I had the hd500x dream rig sounded great but changing or editing was a nightmare, sold it. Now an amplify150. Very easy to edit on my iPad sounds pretty good but switching patches via a shortboard feels like days when in a live band situation. Unacceptable. So, for the guitarist who likes to just pick already made preset, tweak or change a couple of things no deep editing for studio work. Only live. Then have maybe 10 patch choices on my board. How have you felt ease of use. Etc... Also are you running the xlr or l6 link to your frfr. Then when you go to FOH do you go from your monitor thru to FOH or some way different?

The only thing I keep wondering is:

Why on Earth didn't the HD500 or now The HELIX have delay trails when you switch patches?

It sounds so bad to be playing a lead with delay and hit that last note before going back to a crunch sound and the delay gets cut off instantly.

It seems like that would have been something that woud have been addressed a long time ago. :(​​​

The reason why, at the moment, Helix interest me very much but I don't even consider buying one.

Tc electronic stuff do have tails. So Boss. So strymon pedals, Fractal new boards and Kemper also do have tails.

We don't need authentic tails (I know that many of the brands I have mentioned use workarounds to give the illusion of tails... and they work), we only need smooth passages throught sounds and no brutal stop of the delay repetitions.

I'm confident this will be featured in a future update.

We have two template presets that currently let you switch between two completely different tones within the same preset: 8 TEMPLATES > 2C and 2D. Both have spillover delay and reverb.

Here's another way to build it yourself, starting with a new preset:

1. Assign both Path's Input blocks to Multi.
  2. Place a single Volume/Pan > Gain block (both set to -120dB) somewhere on each path.
  3. Assign both Gain blocks to a single footswitch, but press BYPASS while one of them is selected. This makes the footswitch toggle one on and the other off. By extension, you'll be toggling between the blocks on Path 1 and Path 2. Any blocks (not just delay and reverb) after the Gain block on each path will spillover when switching to the other path.
  • Upvote 1