Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix reviews please!

capdoogie

And I liked your review, HonestOpinion. :)

This has nothing to do with you, but it would've been nice if another poster in this thread didn't copypasta only the Ugly section of your review to a brand new thread in a different forum and then title it "For the curious - some Helix user feedback starts to roll in." Personally, I prefer my trolls with a bit of subtlety and nuance.

Thanks and I agree! I am sorry to see my review being misused that way. Essentially being quoted out of context.

• Upvote 2

...instead of turning it into a pissing match full of trolls![/b][/size]

I love the smell of troll pi$$ in the morning....smells like (pause, sniff) the Internet. ;)

I liked your synopsis...for those of us who've never played with Helix, it's a nice overview. However, since I'm just as cash poor as I was five minutes ago, Helix shall have to wait, more is the pity. Oh well...;)

I love the smell of troll pi$$ in the morning....smells like (pause, sniff) the Internet. ;)

I liked your synopsis...for those of us who've never played with Helix, it's a nice overview. However, since I'm just as cash poor as I was five minutes ago, Helix shall have to wait, more is the pity. Oh well... ;)

Fricking hilarious "Apocalypse Now" reference. Thanks, much appreciated! :)

And I liked your review, HonestOpinion. :)

This has nothing to do with you, but it would've been nice if another poster in this thread didn't copypasta only the Ugly section of your review to a brand new thread in a different forum and then title it "For the curious - some Helix user feedback starts to roll in." Personally, I prefer my trolls with a bit of subtlety and nuance.

I don't know if it will help but I put in a request at the top of my review asking people to repost the whole review if they are inclined to just post the more critical bits and not quote it out of context. Subtlety and nuance in a troll is definitely better, they are supposed to be under the bridge.

So for you fortunate ones who pre ordered. Here's my question. Like I posted above I had the hd500x dream rig sounded great but changing or editing was a nightmare, sold it. Now an amplify150. Very easy to edit on my iPad sounds pretty good but switching patches via a shortboard feels like days when in a live band situation. Unacceptable. So, for the guitarist who likes to just pick already made preset, tweak or change a couple of things no deep editing for studio work. Only live. Then have maybe 10 patch choices on my board. How have you felt ease of use. Etc... Also are you running the xlr or l6 link to your frfr. Then when you go to FOH do you go from your monitor thru to FOH or some way different?

Helix is so simple compared to the HD series (or any modeler I've ever tried). The HD series forced me to spend a considerable amount of time learning to tweak eq's and cab settings. I didn't like any of the HD500X presets until they released the Variax setlist earlier this year.

I'm really enjoying the stock presets on Helix. I even created a couple enjoyable patches from scratch in under a minute each. The intuitive UI is amazing and I'm having a blast tweaking stuff.

While I'm on vacation I'm running via XLR into an Alto TS110A powered PA speaker or into headphones and the sound is amazing. When I get home I'll be running it into a DT25 or into the effects return of a Vetta II Combo or even straight into Reaper.

I'll be selling quite a bit of gear soon , including the HD500X.

• Upvote 1

To remind everyone...again...that Fractal is better, and most importantly, that he has one. Now hurry up and produce rapturous applause, damn it! Know your place! LOL ;)

I thought it was for the coffee.  See, Line 6 is so inferior that they only offer coffee and he's worn out his welcome on the Kemper and Axe pages by taking too many trips to the Pulled Unicorn BBQ table, the open bars, and pony rides through waterfalls underneath rainbows.  All while seamlessly dialing through 200 and whatever amp models and making each one sound like awesome-covered awesome with trails, mean Jimi runs, and Stevie Ray presence.  With playmates dripping off every limb.  Blindfolded.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am really enjoying the Marshall amp models today. Playing through a small EV ZXA1 monitor and doing more playing than tweaking.

Through Sennheiser headphones, there's a little too much presence and high end, but it's fairly easy to dial out just using amp controls.

Favorite new feature--

Action.. copy block..paste block.

Let's say I have 5 presets with a delay. But I find a delay or setting that I like better. Copy it from one preset, go to the next and paste it over the old one. Save preset. Done.

Big time saver when I realized a had set a bunch of delays as stereo and really wanted mono.

• Upvote 1

Good thing the auto filter replaces everything with lollipop.... well, nearly everything  :lol:

Selective auto-filter, forum laughably lacking in filter options. We have pretty rabid possums here but that badger sounds fearsome.

But DI correct, enough silliness and sorry for my part in it.

Can we please delete some of this crap. I hate looking for reviews and opinions only to see this garbage. We have beat the lack of content to death since the beginning and now we have people can't ignore disparaging comments and take up need space with ranting. Time for a moderator to step in and use the temp ban function or delete things with warnings in pm.

• Upvote 1

Can we please delete some of this crap. I hate looking for reviews and opinions only to see this garbage. We have beat the lack of content to death since the beginning and now we have people can't ignore disparaging comments and take up need space with ranting. Time for a moderator to step in and use the temp ban function or delete things with warnings in pm.

I agree! Way too much drama. Please delete some of this. I am not responding to any others any more. If you don't like my review, have at it.  I think I may have the law follow up on his last two posts.

Edited by Line6Tony
Inflammatory post
  • Upvote 1