Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix not forcing Variax Model saved with preset

rock2112

Received my Helix today.  Liking it a lot so far.  I'm using a JTV Variax and have the Variax setting on "Per Preset".  The preset is saving the Variax model but Helix is not forcing the change to that model.  It plays whatever model the Variax is currently on.  Am I missing something or is this a glitch?  

Confirming it's fixed after 1.02, however one unexpected behavior is that if you set a custom tuning for one preset, it "carries over" the other presets by default, instead of reverting back to the standard tuning like the HD500x does. So if I have patch in drop D, and switch to another preset that has a "Don't Force" it will stay in drop D, instead of going back to E.

The only workaround I found is to set every single preset to "Custom" and set a standard tuning, but that's a pain.

Sorry, it's not fixed as of 1.01.2, but I found a workaround until the new firmware is released: If you plugin the VDI *after* the Helix is done booting, then the model change work. If you boot Helix *with* the VDI already plugged in, then no model change.

• Upvote 1

Actually, I've found just the opposite.  After the initial update to 1.01.2 and not seeing the model changes, the next day, with my JTV89F already connected to the Helix, the Helix is then turned on and the model changes worked.  And has continued to work so far.  So this is definitely not working consistently from unit to unit.  The new update should be out soon with this fix and others.  I will try it your way Xavierb.  Thanks.

Unplugging the JTV and plugging back in after booting up fixed it, sort of. All my patches responded to the different JTV models and tunings. But my Honky Tonk open G patch was saved in standard tuning, so I used JTV knob to go open G and saved it. When I went to the next preset, it was still open G even though the tuning was set as 'don't force'

Unplugging the JTV and plugging back in after booting up fixed it, sort of. All my patches responded to the different JTV models and tunings. But my Honky Tonk open G patch was saved in standard tuning, so I used JTV knob to go open G and saved it. When I went to the next preset, it was still open G even though the tuning was set as 'don't force'

Interesting... Actually not sure if it's a bug, or a feature - certainly not what I expected either - so I created this ideascale  entry so Line 6 either fixes or gives us at least a setting, please vote:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Helix-doesn-t-reset-the-variax-tuning-to-standard/787736-23508

Interesting... Actually not sure if it's a bug, or a feature - certainly not what I expected either - so I created this ideascale  entry so Line 6 either fixes or gives us at least a setting, please vote:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Helix-doesn-t-reset-the-variax-tuning-to-standard/787736-23508

Voted.