Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone that ordered from GC got there's yet?!?!?!?!

jaminjimlp

They are saying 10-13-15 at the warehouse and maybe 10 days after that to get to the store..... Kinda disheartening that the largest music retailer in the world would be near the slowest. especially after seeing someone post they picked up theirs at a SAM ASH in Ohio 2 days ago and there's an extra one there and that some that ordered from SW got theirs as well. I am in GA so I expected a little longer wait but DI said they shipped out from Newark, CA on the 28th of last month  and the GC warehouse is in Kansas. I think that they should have made it a priority to get those to customers as they had collected around $120,000 at the time I ordered mine on 8-8-15 (I was #81) they get your money up front not when it ships.

This probably sounds a bit cynical. "ARE WE THERE YET?"

Mine arrived today. I ordered last Thursday night Guitar Center online.

I really didn't think I'd see if for a month. Maybe a glitch and I ordered right as someone else cancelled.

where do you live? I call my local GC and the 1-800 # and they have been telling me there not even at the warehouse yet.

I got mine two days ago. I originally ordered online but as of two days ago it had not shipped yet, then I noticed that my local GC had just received one Helix  that day, so I went there and the staff was more than willing to sell me theirs and cancel my online order. Not only that, but they gave me a 15% coupon the next that that they were willing to apply to the previous day's purchase, so yeah, I had a very good experience with my local GC.

• Upvote 1

That's hard for me to believe because I preordered mine at the store on the 8th of August. my local Guitar Center manager says the same thing I'm hering from the 1 800 number people what Guitar Center did you get yours from where is it is it in California or something I'm in Georgia

what Guitar Center did you get yours from where is it is it in California or something I'm in Georgia

I got mine from GC Edina, in MN, just south of Minneapolis. They only had one physically in stock and, from what I heard from them, they are in limited quantities wherever you can find them. Maybe on the next shipment from Line 6 availability might stabilize? None of the other stores that I checked on the same day (10/7) within my self-imposed 25mi driving area had them or, if they did, sold out quickly. I myself would find it hard to believe that the Edina store got one while the Roseville and Woodbury stores (also in MN) got none... unless they sold theirs right away.

• Upvote 1

I got mine from GC Edina, in MN, just south of Minneapolis. They only had one physically in stock and, from what I heard from them, they are in limited quantities wherever you can find them. Maybe on the next shipment from Line 6 availability might stabilize? None of the other stores that I checked on the same day (10/7) within my self-imposed 25mi driving area had them or, if they did, sold out quickly. I myself would find it hard to believe that the Edina store got one while the Roseville and Woodbury stores (also in MN) got none... unless they sold theirs right away.

Dude I thought that you were trying to stir the pot here seeing you only had 6 posts I figured maybe you were one of those SW guys or a GC hater. so I called that store in Edina and they confirmed it. So my apologies to you. I just can't understand how this could happen. 

...seeing you only had 6 posts I figured maybe you were one of those SW guys or a GC hater...

Lol, no. I do read the boards, but I rarely post myself. I tend not to anyone's 'shipper or hater. Basically, what I was trying to day was that, even though my store already had one in stock, my online order had not shipped yet, so I canceled it an got the one from the store. I really was not trying to stir the spot, only to recommend that you check your local stores often, as they might get one in before your has even shipped from the warehouse. No issues, jamin, no need to apologize, I did not take it as a personal attack :)

• Upvote 1

I live in Connecticut. But I ordered online a couple of days after they emailed me a 15% off coupon. The coupon didn't list L6 as a non-participating merchant, so I gave it a shot. I had talked to SW a week before and they said the next batch of Helix wouldn't ship until late Nivember. GC showed as a pre-order, but when I put it n the cart, it showed in stock.

Maybe GC somehow looked up my account and saw that I have purchased a small village of equipment from them over the past 20 years and bumped me up....or maybe I was ordering just as someone cancelled, and it got throw in my cart

• Upvote 1

Lol, no. I do read the boards, but I rarely post myself. I tend not to anyone's 'shipper or hater. Basically, what I was trying to day was that, even though my store already had one in stock, my online order had not shipped yet, so I canceled it an got the one from the store. I really was not trying to stir the spot, only to recommend that you check your local stores often, as they might get one in before your has even shipped from the warehouse. No issues, jamin, no need to apologize, I did not take it as a personal attack :)

yea the guy at your store "Jeff in operations" is a good dude he wanted to help me and is looking into the thing he checked all the stores current stock and said that there are none in-stock in any GC today. He said that there are actually 2 GC warehouses, the one in Kansas City and one in Minneapolis but that one only serves MN GC's and speculated the it was possible that they got there's and was able to sort and ship to the stores quicker than the main warehouse because they service and lot smaller # of stores.

My speculation is that they are sitting on a pallet in the main warehouse and have not been prepossessed into the GC system and if that's true we need to get some one high enough in the food chain over there to make it a priority.