Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New variax std and vetta II?

jak_E_lee

I am a vetta II user and was wondering about compatibility between the new variax std and vetta II.

The idea of variax is great but I been told only the older model variax guitars work with vetta amps.

The issue is,I really hate how the old variax guitars look(The type that have no pick ups like the v 500)

The new standards ticking my boxes but just not getting the horn for the older model variax.

another issue is,all the old stuff(my vetta too) only works via win XP.I just been told a new variax standard will be unable to communicate with a vetta amp which means I cant assign guitar models to specific patches,all has to be changed manually

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Well Just got my Standard today (my Christmas gift to myself)...  The answer is yes.  The Vetta II VDI does power the standard (I didn't even install the battery) and it does switch the standard when you change patches on the vetta II.  The mag pups also work via the VDI.  I only had a short time to play around (had to get back to work). Will have fun tonight!

So far my only complaint is the volume knob seems to be stripped ....  I will call Line6 when I get home. 

Ben