Sign in to follow this  
Leftzilla

Variax Acoustic Recommendations

Trying to get the unit ready for a live show so I have been transposing my HD500x patches over (incredibly easy for the most part and a great way to learn the unit), but I am looking for recommendations for using the JTV Acoustic with.  Any of the pre amps or factory patches that anyone recommends?  Also any EQ starting points would be highly appreciated.  Thank you in advance! .

• Upvote 2

Trying to get the unit ready for a live show so I have been transposing my HD500x patches over (incredibly easy for the most part and a great way to learn the unit), but I am looking for recommendations for using the JTV Acoustic with.  Any of the pre amps or factory patches that anyone recommends?  Also any EQ starting points would be highly appreciated.  Thank you in advance! .

I put together one today with the mic preamp, eq , comp , verb. let me see if i can figure out how to post it on custom tone

also, the current firmware has a bug with changing variax models with a preset. i used the gibson acoustic model 

The Roland Jazz amp+cab  has a pretty flat response, I start with Bass Mid and Treble at 5 and adjust to taste.