Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix midi channel switching

ajm583

If you have an amp that responds to MIDI commands, you can program the Helix to send the appropriate CC or PC commands to that device.  If you're working with an amp that uses relay switches or a proprietary footswitch, you'd need something like the Amp Gizmo.

Actually, the Helix has two relays that can be used to switch amps that have relay inputs. If you need more than two, yes, something like the Amp Gizmo might be necessary.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to do midi switching with my boogie roadster and helix. Just don't know enough about midi yet to work it out.

I'm also courious I have a couple rectifier solo heads can the HD500 change the channel of the rectifiers and if not can the Helix do it? I've always been into pedals and only got into line6 about a month ago but in the last month I bought a SpiderValve HD100, MKII short board and a HD500 with a metal pack. I just started reading about the Helix and its struck my attention but after the $$ I spent last month I'm grinding my just consitering this thing..

Actually, the Helix has two relays that can be used to switch amps that have relay inputs. If you need more than two, yes, something like the Amp Gizmo might be necessary.

I have the Amp Gizmo and it is a great device for adding midi to amplifier switching. I would love to be able to have 4 relays (two outputs using TRS jacks) available right on the Helix though. Still wondering if there is any way for L6 to leverage the CV output such that it can be used as another two amp control relays? Have not gotten a definitive answer on whether this can be done safely through a firmware revision that adds a global settings option or even perhaps with the existing settings available for the CV output.

You can vote for this idea here:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Allow-CV-output-to-double-as-a-2nd-Ext-Amp-controller/790054-23508