Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

After installing 2.30 I now have the FS5 scribble strip flashing, when in preset mode. Was not flashing before. Does work fine in any other condition so doesn't seem a faulty strip.

Can anyone confirm this?

I did a little video with my phone;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lzm9wdp1jgk0ho/IMG_4581.MOV?dl=0

EDIT; Nevermind. It's a scribble strip failure. That is 3 hardware faults in less than 10 months. SIGH!

After installing 2.3 (which is otherwise great!) I can no longer change the s/pdif output volume in the global menu.

When I turn the knob, nothing changes. When I page back and forth, it shows a change, but the output volume doesn't change.

S/pdif output volume was also not restored from the backup.

Edit: fixed by resetting globals (holding 5&6 while powering on).

After installing 2.3 (which is otherwise great!) I can no longer change the s/pdif output volume in the global menu.

When I turn the knob, nothing changes. When I page back and forth, it shows a change, but the output volume doesn't change.

Works fine here. I'd maybe try doing a global reset: hold 5&6 while powering on (for the floor model).

Hello

I have a bug on the v2.3 with the pitch/synth 3 NoteGenerator and 4 OSC Generator

When I recall a preset with one of these effects, it is always "OFF" while the preset has been saved with the effect "ON"

Hello

Same bug on mine!!

Hi,

sorry for the really long post by a really new newbie, but I think i came across a somewhat severe bug in the latest firmware concerning CC toggles on footswitches. I use Helix with a tube head that is controlled by three CC toggles to change its states. I use helix in 4 snap/4 stomp mode and have set snapshot edits to discard.

The state of the CC toggle footswitch and the assigned CC toggle is handled very inconsistently across snapshots. I just recreated this problem with an empty preset and a single CC toggle assigned to a footswitch, and I confirmed the problem monitoring the MIDI output of Helix with MIDI-OX.

Steps to recreate:
- in the command center, assign a CC toggle to a footswitch. I used CC# 0 on MIDI-channel 1, dim value 0, lit value 127, but this happens on other channels with other values, too.
- save two snapshots, on with the switch off (dim), the second one with the switch engaged (lit).
- after saving snapshot 2, call up snapshot 1. Helix sends the correct CC value (0 to CC#0 on channel 1) and dims the switch.
- call snapshot 2, Helix sends 127 to CC#0 on channel 1 and lights the switch.
- call snapshot 1 again. Helix again sends 0 to CC#0 and dims the switch.
- engage the switch in stomp mode. Helix sends 127 to CC#0 and lights the switch.

This is where it gets inconsistent:
- recall snpshot 2. Helix keeps the lit state of the switch, but incorrectly sends 0 to CC#0 instead of either resending 127 or doing nothing.

From this point on, the polarity of the CC toggle is inverted:
- Disengaging the switch in this state dims the LED and sends a value of 127. Engaging the switch, Helix sends CC value 0 and lights the led. From there, if I go back to snapshot 1, Helix dims the led, but sends CC value 127.

Sadly, there is more. In the above scenario, save a third snapshot, again with the switch disengaged, i.e. identical to snapshot 1. Make sure snapshot 1 is the default for loading the preset.

- engage the switch, Helix lights the led and sends CC value 127.
- call snapshot 3 (the identical one). Helix dims the led, but ignores the CC and sends nothing.

On top of that, this cannot be fixed by sending the correct CC values through the instant messages, because the CC toggle of the switch is sent after the instant messages. In the above scenario I added the instant message cc#0 value 0 to snapshots 1 and 3, and value 127 to snapshot 2.

- recall the preset, Helix loads snapshot 1 and sends CC#0 value 0 twice.
- call snapshot 2, Helix sends CC#value 127 twice.
- again call snapshot 1. Helix sends CC#0 value 0 twice. Engage the switch. Helix sends CC#0 value 127 once.
- call snapshot 2. Helix sends CC#0 value 127 (the instant message) followed by cc#0 value 0, the "inverted" toggle.

This is a pretty big deal breaker for communicating with external MIDI gear that listens to CC toggles making it pretty impossible to use CC toggles in stomp mode between snapshots.

I hope this can be fixed soon, or maybe somebody has a solution I didn't think of. I have no idea if this behaviour occurs in earlier firmwares, since I got my Helix last tuesday and immediately updated the firmware to 2.30 before starting to work with it.

Thanks for listening,
Nils

An other bug on the 4 OSC Generator
Above 100hz, the adjustment of the "OSCx freq" has an increment of 10hz instead of 1hz

The previous bug is confirmed and it'll be fixed on a future release

Hello
I have a bug on the v2.3 with the pitch/synth 3 NoteGenerator and 4 OSC Generator
When I recall a preset with one of these effects, it is always "OFF" while the preset has been saved with the effect "ON"

An other bug on the 4 OSC Generator

Above 100hz, the adjustment of the "OSCx freq" has an increment of 10hz instead of 1hz

This isn't just for the 4 OSC Generator, but probably any block that has frequency. Also, any frequency above 1000 and the increment increases to 100, which includes the 4 OSC Generator. My guess is this decision to lower the resolution was done to make twisting the encoder knobs on the device easier and more predictable.

This isn't just for the 4 OSC Generator, but probably any block that has frequency. Also, any frequency above 1000 and the increment increases to 100, which includes the 4 OSC Generator. My guess is this decision to lower the resolution was done to make twisting the encoder knobs on the device easier and more predictable.

t worked well with version 2.2. And with an accuracy of 10hz, the oscillator becomes totally unusable

I too use the Floor version. I was under the impression to reset/clear the Helix (Floor), you had to hold foot switches 9 and 10, not 5 and 6. I know holding down encoders 5 and 6 on the Rack version resets/clears. Are there two different resets for Helix Floor?

I too use the Floor version. I was under the impression to reset/clear the Helix (Floor), you had to hold foot switches 9 and 10, not 5 and 6. I know holding down encoders 5 and 6 on the Rack version resets/clears. Are there two different resets for Helix Floor?

Take a look here: https://helixhelp.com/reset-options/

Is this a bug?

As i dont remember if was present before 2,30.

If i have a preset with some snapshots enabled and then in HX editor copy a couple of blocks on the upper path and i have the path 2A selected already in the preset.

And then paste those effects on path 2A and change a snapshot all effects on path 2A is engaded but the original stay like it was before (say i have two delay block and it engage one on the upper path both is engaged on the lower path)

And not only that if i have some parameters in the effects on the upper path it doesnt follow the changes on the same effects paremeters on the lower path when i change snapshot but they are white colored and it change value but not to the same as the effect on the upper path.

HX  EDITOR bug: UPDATE - I've now raised a support ticket for this - Nr 312668

In Command Centre editor window - for FS1 and FS7 : the switch LED and Customise Label properties don't appear. This means that one is forced to create or edit any scribble strip panels for the two switches via the HELIX itself - which is quite laborious when one needs to do this for a lot of presets.

https://line6.com/account/tickets/edit/312668

CMD Centre Bug/Feature Request: 

'Paste All Commands' should paste footswitch names too

Currently the feature to copy and paste all command centre MIDI commands ( via Command Centre: Action button ) pastes all the MIDI command info into a preset - but not the names of any footswitches that have been renamed. Instead - If for example one has assigned several foot switches to send MIDI Note data - the Paste All Commands facility simply names every stomp with "Note". 
It would be really useful if scribble-strip labels were also able to be copied and pasted along with the settings assigned to each FS.

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/918474

In addition - the LED colour settings are not copied across either.  

Hi I am new to the helix had it about a week and I am most impressed with it. I also expect to find a bug or to, I think I have found one. When using the factory presets in factory 1 the helix sends midi program change message when none are set, I have checked and all are blank. If you use factory preset 2 no midi program changes are sent. My own presets all have midi program program changes and cc messages to control my GR-55

Cheers Roy

Hi I am new to the helix had it about a week and I am most impressed with it. I also expect to find a bug or to, I think I have found one. When using the factory presets in factory 1 the helix sends midi program change message when none are set, I have checked and all are blank. If you use factory preset 2 no midi program changes are sent. My own presets all have midi program program changes and cc messages to control my GR-55

Cheers Roy

Under Global Settings>MIDI Tempo, there is a setting called "MIDI PC Send" that determines whether the Helix sends the default PC message associated with each preset when you change presets. You want to set that to off.

Lol ok that worked cheers just out of interest why did factory presets 2 not send pc messages?

Cheers Roy

I imagine what's happening is Setlist 2 is sending out PC messages with a bank change message the GR-55 doesn't respond to.

The first two things I would check are if the Editor version matches the firmware and I would probably do a global reset of the Helix if you are able to get a good backup first.

Yeah, none of that works. Started when I added a H9. Crashes every time I adjust a controller for a pedal. every time I restart i need to unplug and plug in the H9 to get it recognized.

Yeah, none of that works. Started when I added a H9. Crashes every time I adjust a controller for a pedal. every time I restart i need to unplug and plug in the H9 to get it recognized.

Hmm, that is weird. And this only happens when the H9 is connected? If so, I assume you have tried alternative cables for the H9. It almost sounds like it is shorting out during the auto-calibration or in some way disrupting normal operation of the Editor. Is everything working normally when the H9 is not connected? It might be a good idea to contact L6 support as jbuhajla suggested. Good luck getting this straightened out.

Hmm, that is weird. And this only happens when the H9 is connected? If so, I assume you have tried alternative cables for the H9. It almost sounds like it is shorting out during the auto-calibration or in some way disrupting normal operation of the Editor. Is everything working normally when the H9 is not connected? It might be a good idea to contact L6 support as jbuhajla suggested. Good luck getting this straightened out.

Happen even when it's not connected. It's just a coincidence that it started then. I was told to reboot my laptop in someway by another user forum. Some ctrl option P R thing. Maybe that will work. could be a laptop thing and not a Helix thing

• 3 weeks later...

I know it has been reported already but just wanted to reiterate that I hope the SHIFT-ALT-CLICK shortcut that used to work in previous editor versions for removing a parameter from snapshot assignation in the editor gets restored in the next HX Edit release. I am sure it was just an oversight in the latest release and I miss it.

I know it has been reported already but just wanted to reiterate that I hope the SHIFT-ALT-CLICK shortcut that used to work in previous editor versions for removing a parameter from snapshot assignation in the editor gets restored in the next HX Edit release. I am sure it was just an oversight in the latest release and I miss it.

I'm not sure if it was intentionally removed or not, but the one thing you can do now is simply right click on the parameter to see the list of available controllers. So just do that and select "None". That's almost just as fast... Maybe faster in the sense that you only have to use one hand to do it.

I'm not sure if it was intentionally removed or not, but the one thing you can do now is simply right click on the parameter to see the list of available controllers. So just do that and select "None". That's almost just as fast... Maybe faster in the sense that you only have to use one hand to do it.

Thanks, I was aware of that, but definitely find it nowhere near as fast or as convenient as the keyboard shortcut. Particularly because it necessitates changing tabs. I suppose you are right, it could have been intentional but I definitely miss having it. Matter of preference I suppose but, in addition to point & click, I do like having keyboard shortcuts available and that was one I used semi-frequently. 

Thanks, I was aware of that, but definitely find it nowhere near as fast or as convenient as the keyboard shortcut. Particularly because it necessitates changing tabs. I suppose you are right, it could have been intentional but I definitely miss having it. Matter of preference I suppose but, in addition to point & click, I do like having keyboard shortcuts available and that was one I used semi-frequently. 

You don't have to change tabs... You just right click on the parameter value from the Edit screen and the controller menu pops up.

I've got a new Helix LT and while doing the firmware update 2.30 everything freezes as in photo. I cannot do anything and the editor doesn't see the Helix anymore...attachicon.gifIMG_0859.JPG

Try using a different USB port if possible. This actually seems to be the fix for this more often than not.