Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

Possible bug in FW 2.5.4?

Dont know if this have been reported before?

I bought Fremens 2.30-2.50 update presets

And since i in some cases will use another order of the snapshots then what he had in his presets

I wanted to swap those snapshots using the touchfunction on Helix floor footswitches.

I also wanted to colour them to my liking.

So if he have some snapshots named Crunch,Big Chrunch,Clean.Rythm,Lead1,Lead2 i want to have them in this order Clean,Rythm,Crunch,Big Crunch,Lead1,Lead2.

So when i held my fingers on say Big Crunch and Crunch snapshot and the "Swap Snapshot" window appeared on the big screen and i pressed the OK button and look down and see TWO snapshot next to eachoter named Crunch so instead of swapping snapshot it seems to have copy one snapshot.

Now that didnt happen always only a few times maybe 3 or 4 and since we had that old bug where the last block in the chain turnes off when you change snapshot which i of course forgot so i had to load in a few presets again and start all over with my "swapping" of snapshots i started to make sure i hit saved twice after i colour and swaped them.

Dont know if this is a bug but it sure look like that as i dont know if there is a copy function when you touch two snapshots footswitches at the same time.

If it happens again i gonna take a photo of before and after as i never know when it appear.

"Edit that last block turn off is a real annoying issue anything you do to alter a preset like volym adjustment (Fremen has been lazy on this topic lately the first one i bought from him i only had to adjust volym on a few presets now many have different volym) seems to activate that bug."

But it is just a matter of reloading the preset and make the adjustment colour the rings and save every snapshot again.

So as far as i can tell this is a bug!

Description

Dual path on 2A merge mixer panned hard right left

Add delay (stereo) and move to 2b

Make sure the split mixer in 2b panned hard left and right

The reason to do this is like in a single path you want the amp 

sound a bit more separated from the effects (as in not send the amp through the efx)

Excpected

Effects should stay stereo

Actual

Effects, even though stereo and two signals are present only one side does anything.

See attached preset.

image.thumb.png.ba65f5e5933ee754f8021263c2ef3701.png

ex_no_stereo.hlx

1 hour ago, MarkJarvis said:

So as far as i can tell this is a bug!

Description

Dual path on 2A merge mixer panned hard right left

Add delay (stereo) and move to 2b

Make sure the split mixer in 2b panned hard left and right

The reason to do this is like in a single path you want the amp 

sound a bit more separated from the effects (as in not send the amp through the efx)

Excpected

Effects should stay stereo

Actual

Effects, even though stereo and two signals are present only one side does anything.

See attached preset.

image.thumb.png.ba65f5e5933ee754f8021263c2ef3701.png

ex_no_stereo.hlx

I loaded the patch and there are two issues. The first is the Merge Mixer on Path 2. Since you have that hard panned, you're only getting the right side from the effects on Path 2B. If you leave both paths panned center, you'll hear the reverb on both sides. The second issue, and the reason you don't hear the delay on the left side, is the Split block at the beginning of Path 2. You have it hard panned so Path 2A is only getting the left side of the signal going to it and Path 2B is only getting the right side. The Dual Delay block is a true stereo effect, so if it's only getting signal on the right side, you're only going to hear delay on the right side. The reverb is a stereo effect, but the wet signal from the reverb is a blended stereo effect, meaning that a signal just on the right side will produce a wet signal that affects both sides. If you just use and A/B Split there, you'll get a parallel stereo path with both sides going to the delay like you want.

The main thing to remember is that when you create a split, it creates two stereo paths, so unless you want to isolate each side to a path for some reason, you don't need to hard pan. Because you have the Merge Mixer in Path 1 and have that hard panned, the amps are already split with one on the left and the other on the right. They will keep that separation through successive splits and merges as long as you don't use any mono blocks.

• Upvote 1

On 2018-05-04 at 12:13 PM, Guitarmaniac64 said:

Possible bug in FW 2.5.4?

Dont know if this have been reported before?

I bought Fremens 2.30-2.50 update presets

And since i in some cases will use another order of the snapshots then what he had in his presets

I wanted to swap those snapshots using the touchfunction on Helix floor footswitches.

I also wanted to colour them to my liking.

So if he have some snapshots named Crunch,Big Chrunch,Clean.Rythm,Lead1,Lead2 i want to have them in this order Clean,Rythm,Crunch,Big Crunch,Lead1,Lead2.

So when i held my fingers on say Big Crunch and Crunch snapshot and the "Swap Snapshot" window appeared on the big screen and i pressed the OK button and look down and see TWO snapshot next to eachoter named Crunch so instead of swapping snapshot it seems to have copy one snapshot.

Now that didnt happen always only a few times maybe 3 or 4 and since we had that old bug where the last block in the chain turnes off when you change snapshot which i of course forgot so i had to load in a few presets again and start all over with my "swapping" of snapshots i started to make sure i hit saved twice after i colour and swaped them.

Dont know if this is a bug but it sure look like that as i dont know if there is a copy function when you touch two snapshots footswitches at the same time.

If it happens again i gonna take a photo of before and after as i never know when it appear.

"Edit that last block turn off is a real annoying issue anything you do to alter a preset like volym adjustment (Fremen has been lazy on this topic lately the first one i bought from him i only had to adjust volym on a few presets now many have different volym) seems to activate that bug."

But it is just a matter of reloading the preset and make the adjustment colour the rings and save every snapshot again.

Still working on changing order and color those snapshots in that preset package 

It has happend again 2-3 times that the snapshot have copy itself instead of swapping order so i can now confirm its a bug

The annoying thing is i really dont know when its gonna appear.

Workaround solution for the last block turn off when either swap (Oh another bug perhaps?) or change snapshot by hitting the FS

(I dont want to use the editor other than to rename some of the snapshots for this task as i have to use the unit to colour the rings anyway) is to copy over the same preset again from Fremens bundle and swap the snaps around then color the FS rings then hit save.

Hi Phil_m

Thanks for replying, i dont think this is right though..regardless of 'why' I am panning there are a left and right on 2A (two amps) and they merge and send to 2A so thast still two channels left and right then i pull the stereo delay to 2b now that 'should' still respect the fact i have a left and right from the first path but it doesnt. In fact if I do the exact same thing with one

channel (not two amps just ) and then do the same thing on 2b it works correctly.

19 minutes ago, MarkJarvis said:

Hi Phil_m

Thanks for replying, i dont think this is right though..regardless of 'why' I am panning there are a left and right on 2A (two amps) and they merge and send to 2A so thast still two channels left and right then i pull the stereo delay to 2b now that 'should' still respect the fact i have a left and right from the first path but it doesnt. In fact if I do the exact same thing with one

channel (not two amps just ) and then do the same thing on 2b it works correctly.

Sorry, I'm not really following what you're saying... With the split in Path 2 hard panned like you have it, though, each side of that split is only getting one half of the stereo signal. Path 2A is only getting the left side and Path 2B is only getting the right side. So with only the right side signal going into the Dual Delay block, you'll only hear repeats on the right side. Also, you have the merge mixer hard panned, so even if there is sonic information on the left side of Path 2B, you're losing it through the merge mixer.

When using Cosmos Delay (stereo) block, I get random pitched jumps as though I altered the time parameter whilst playing, even though I had not. This seems to be restricted to the hardware's firmware, because it didn't happen in Native.

13 hours ago, wilkinsi said:

When using Cosmos Delay (stereo) block, I get random pitched jumps as though I altered the time parameter whilst playing, even though I had not. This seems to be restricted to the hardware's firmware, because it didn't happen in Native.

This behavior is controlled by the Splice parameter. The higher you have it, the more often it will happen. If you don't want it to happen, set it to 0.

Hi there! hope everyone is good! I am an Helix LT user and i use it for several different things: guitar sounds, effects, bass sound, but mostly to midi map and control ableton live. It happen though few times that if i am mapping an ableton live scene launch (play a particular scene ) and stop all scenes and set the Helix button properly most of the times it works fine but it happen (even at a gig!! :(  ) that the Helix button changes the polarity of the switch so instead of letting the sound play when i press the switch, it let it play when i release the switch causing a obvious delay in the sequence to start. Now i generally solve this issue recalling the Helix patch and generally works fine afterwards but is very annoying. 

Then often the Helix software crush if it is open at the same time of Ableton. 

Another thing that would be great to have is about the looper: Can it be midi syncable? I would love to have the looper in a patch that is sync'd to my Ableton rig and receiving midi tempo so when i start and stop a loop that i'd played live it will sync' the amount of bars to the time of the midi. That would be an impressive feature for all the poly instrumentalists like me that often need to loop parts on the fly on sequence or a midi bpm....

Hope this stuff will be sorted out in the next firmware!!!

Thanks and keep the great work up!

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my english.

I updated to 2.54 firmware and now Helix don't detect any signal from inputs... nothing with guitar in, aux in, sends, returns... nothing. And obviously, the tuner doesn't work too.

I upgraded to 2.53 and others versions, but it doesn't work... I HAVE A CONCERT IN A FEW DAYS AND I'M DESESPERATE! 

Help pls!

Thx! 

9 hours ago, JordiFlames said:

Hi!

I updated to 2.54 firmware and now Helix don't detect any signal from inputs... nothing with guitar in, aux in, sends, returns... nothing. And obviously, the tuner doesn't work too.

I upgraded to 2.53 and others versions, but it doesn't work... I HAVE A CONCERT IN A FEW DAYS AND I'M DESESPERATE! 

Help pls!

Thx! 

Have you tried redownloading the update?  I had to try it a few times before I got a solid update working with 2.54.  

10 hours ago, JordiFlames said:

Hi!

Help pls!

Thx! 

Another vote for re-installing the update. Did you create a backup prior to updating? If not, I would do that, and back up your setlists individually just in case. If you're still having an issue after running the update, I'd try resetting the unit by holding footswitches 9&10 while powering up. Just to be clear, THIS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR PRESETS AND IRs, so don't do it unless you have a backup ready to send to the unit.

On 5/11/2018 at 12:19 PM, Superorko said:

Hi there! hope everyone is good! I am an Helix LT user and i use it for several different things: guitar sounds, effects, bass sound, but mostly to midi map and control ableton live. It happen though few times that if i am mapping an ableton live scene launch (play a particular scene ) and stop all scenes and set the Helix button properly most of the times it works fine but it happen (even at a gig!! :(  ) that the Helix button changes the polarity of the switch so instead of letting the sound play when i press the switch, it let it play when i release the switch causing a obvious delay in the sequence to start. Now i generally solve this issue recalling the Helix patch and generally works fine afterwards but is very annoying. 

Then often the Helix software crush if it is open at the same time of Ableton. 

Another thing that would be great to have is about the looper: Can it be midi syncable? I would love to have the looper in a patch that is sync'd to my Ableton rig and receiving midi tempo so when i start and stop a loop that i'd played live it will sync' the amount of bars to the time of the midi. That would be an impressive feature for all the poly instrumentalists like me that often need to loop parts on the fly on sequence or a midi bpm....

Hope this stuff will be sorted out in the next firmware!!!

Thanks and keep the great work up!

any news?

• 2 weeks later...

I am debating to go for a new Helix, Helix LT or even BOSS GT-1000 (the display of my old GT-5, which has served me very well for over two decades, is not 100% reliable anymore)

I have had some experience with Line6 products (Flextone III) and a few issues with the software (sudden patch changes). A helpticket suggested to reinstall the firmware, but eventually it did not solve the problem alltogether

If I scroll through 28 pages of Helix Bug reports, I am getting worried if I should purchase yet an other L6 product.

All the software issues sound a little to frightening to me.....

help me guys and convince me...

47 minutes ago, RainerG said:

I am debating to go for a new Helix, Helix LT or even BOSS GT-1000 (the display of my old GT-5, which has served me very well for over two decades, is not 100% reliable anymore)

I have had some experience with Line6 products (Flextone III) and a few issues with the software (sudden patch changes). A helpticket suggested to reinstall the firmware, but eventually it did not solve the problem alltogether

If I scroll through 28 pages of Helix Bug reports, I am getting worried if I should purchase yet an other L6 product.

Firmware/software updates are a BREEZE. The updates you read about are very minor bugs that they solve with firmware updates. The Helix is a solid piece of equipment that sounds incredible. I've never had anything with more flexibility and sound quality. 

55 minutes ago, RainerG said:

First of all, not all the posts here where people report a supposed bug are actually bugs. Sometimes it's people misunderstanding how a feature is designed to work. There are, of course, legitimate bugs posted in this thread, and there are quite a few instances of multiple people posting about the same bug. There's also plenty of responses in that thread where people are discussing bugs or supposed bugs rather than reporting them... I guess what I'm getting at is that thread has been up for over two and a half years now, and it's not like it's just one long list of bugs.

Beyond that, though, every product using firmware and/or software has bugs - no exceptions. The GT-1000 has bugs (Boss doesn't really have an official forum, but people have reported them over at TGP).

I've had my Helix for over three years (was an early beta tester), and it has been nothing but reliable for me for that period. I have personally never really had an issue with a bug that's been more than a minor annoyance. There hasn't been anything that's prevented me from using the Helix for a gig or anything like that.

1 hour ago, RainerG said:

As was mentioned this thread is very old, and several firmware updates have been released since it was started. I expect that some of the bugs reported early on are now solved, though I haven't done any investigation to  quantify that claim.

8 hours ago, RainerG said:

I have both the Helix Floor and the new Boss GT1000. Bought the Boss in the hope it would be a smaller, lighter option and it is. Both have theirs advantages but overall if size and weight are not important, I would tend to side with the Helix. The helix user interface is LIGHTYEARS ahead of the Boss which does however have a Bluetooth iPad/iPhone editor which makes up for that to some degree. The Boss IR feature was only added as an afterthought after meeting much indignation at NAMM and it shows! You can only loads in 5 IRs where the Helix can load many more. IRs are becoming increasingly important to many of us. The other huge problem with the Boss is the foot buttons only have Latch and Momentary modes of operation where the Helix adds Long Press to these two. This is a MAJOR OVERSIGHT from Boss! If you want 1 button for Tap Tempo and Tuner access your out of luck. Not to mention the man, many other uses for this feature. One very nice thing about the Boss is it is FAST! No lag time between changes. Mind you this has never been a real problem for me but I know some users have had issues with this on the Helix. The Boss does sound great as does the Helix but as I mentioned, its limited IR facility is a real bummer for customizing your sounds. There are no wonderful forums like this for Boss aside from a few small Facebook groups. I actually have 2 Helix floor units and have used them extensively in different parts of the world without a single problem. Too early to tell with the GT1000 but Boss is usually great on the reliability score. While I love having the IOS and computer editing options for the Boss, they are all BUTT UGLY looking like something designed in the 80s in North Korea! They work though, which is great. Some of the Boss time based FX have the edge over the helix I think. Dirt boxes are very decent and I have my favorites on both platforms. The built in EXP pedal in the Boss seems to have an unusually short throw which I find annoying but it functions well other than that. I prefer the Helix pedal by a long margin. I’m keeping both for now especially in the hope that Boss will increase the IR capability and add long press option to the buttons on a future firmware update. 

Cheers

Don

10 hours ago, silverhead said:

As was mentioned this thread is very old, and several firmware updates have been released since it was started. I expect that some of the bugs reported early on are now solved, though I haven't done any investigation to  quantify that claim.

Definitely many of the bugs listed here have been fixed and quite a few turned out to be issues where the user just required further assistance rather than being an actual bug.

Are folks still finding the bug in the Mix parameter on the new mono versions of the reverbs where at 50% the reverb is not adequately in the mix? For some reason I thought I remembered a quote from Line6 staff saying this would be fixed in the 2.54 firmware but it does not appear to be. At least not for me. I hope the fix is coming in the soon to be delivered spring update(2.60?).

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered this bug last night.  

I have a Mesa TC-100 and set the following programs via MIDI up.  

1 - Clean with Reverb, Effects Loop On

4 - LO Channel with Reverb, Effects Loop On

5 - LO Channel with Reverb, Effects Loop On, Solo Boost engaged

8 - HI Channel with Reverb, Effects Loop On

9 - HI Channel with Reverb, Effects Loop On, Solo Boost engaged

I have a preset where foot switches are assigned these program numbers as a "master" preset for midi programs.  

I've created another preset for use with the Mesa TC-100, with programs 1, 4, and 8 assigned to certain foot switches.  They work flawlessly.  

The problem is when I'm in Snapshot mode.  Every snapshot that has the Solo Boost engaged (via instant command) does not engage the Solo Boost on the Mesa TC-100.  All other snapshots work as expected.  This only happens in Snapshot mode and only when I've selected a snapshot with the solo boost engaged.  

Edit:  I should note that when in Snapshot mode and the snapshot with the Solo Boost is selected, the Solo Boost light on the Mesa TC-100 comes on momentarily (like about half a secound) and then goes off.  It does not behave this way with my midi program preset - only in snapshot mode.

I am not sure I am posting this in the right place as it is not so much a bug with the Helix but the last 2 times I have updated to the latest firmware my google browser gets completely reset. It loses all the saved passwords and is as if I had loaded the browser for the first time also the @ and " key seems permanently reversed that is if you press the quotes key you get the at sign and visa versa. I have run a virus check but there are none found, anyone else have this issue.

7 minutes ago, BigBob-Irwin said:

I am not sure I am posting this in the right place as it is not so much a bug with the Helix but the last 2 times I have updated to the latest firmware my google browser gets completely reset. It loses all the saved passwords and is as if I had loaded the browser for the first time also the @ and " key seems permanently reversed that is if you press the quotes key you get the at sign and visa versa. I have run a virus check but there are none found, anyone else have this issue.

That is freaking weird... I've never heard of anyone having that sort of thing happen. I can't even fathom how such a thing would be possible. What type of computer and OS are you using?

26 minutes ago, BigBob-Irwin said:

Perhaps Helix has indeed become self aware and doesn't want you wasting your time surfing the web when you could be making music...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I've been trying to use Ableton and Helix to create the ultimate live looping rigs, but have encountered many problems...

I have dedicated buttons on the Helix to:

Rec Looper 1

Undo Looper 1

Rec Looper 2

Undo Looper 2

Clear All Loopers

Stop All Loopers

Go to Previous Scene

Go to Next Scene

Launch Scene 

Stop Transport. 

The Footswitches are sending the following MIDI Note On/Off:

1:D9    2:C#9    3:C9    4:B8   5A#8

6:G9   7:F#9     8:F9     9:E9  0:D#9

I have successfully played a gig like this, but realised that i needed some improvements.

So i have "Select next scene on launch" active and I am trying to have scene Launch automate loop Overdubs and use dummy clips to automate preset changes on the Helix, and this is where the problems start!

Sometimes when launching a scene, the helix preset won't change, and ableton won't select the next scene.

I would assume this was an ableton issue, but i've realised that in this situation the helix controller footswitch light stays on permanently, and when it's a note on/off command the footswitch light should only be on when pressed.

Also, on some presets, sometimes the controller notes that i've assigned on the Helix change back to C-1 without my intervention... 

I am going crazy with this so if you could shed some light it would be very much appreciated. 

I have attached a faulty preset. 

Thank you so much

LEAD LIVE.hlx

6 minutes ago, kapaguitar said:

Hello Guys,

I've been trying to use Ableton and Helix to create the ultimate live looping rigs, but have encountered many problems...

I have dedicated buttons on the Helix to:

Rec Looper 1

Undo Looper 1

Rec Looper 2

Undo Looper 2

Clear All Loopers

Stop All Loopers

Go to Previous Scene

Go to Next Scene

Launch Scene 

Stop Transport. 

The Footswitches are sending the following MIDI Note On/Off:

1:D9    2:C#9    3:C9    4:B8   5A#8

6:G9   7:F#9     8:F9     9:E9  0:D#9

I have successfully played a gig like this, but realised that i needed some improvements.

So i have "Select next scene on launch" active and I am trying to have scene Launch automate loop Overdubs and use dummy clips to automate preset changes on the Helix, and this is where the problems start!

Sometimes when launching a scene, the helix preset won't change, and ableton won't select the next scene.

I would assume this was an ableton issue, but i've realised that in this situation the helix controller footswitch light stays on permanently, and when it's a note on/off command the footswitch light should only be on when pressed.

Also, on some presets, sometimes the controller notes that i've assigned on the Helix change back to C-1 without my intervention... 

I am going crazy with this so if you could shed some light it would be very much appreciated. 

I have attached a faulty preset. 

Thank you so much

LEAD LIVE.hlx

•  

You should install the 2.60 firmware update that was just released like 10 minutes ago and see if this is resolved. There were a bunch of bug fixes involving MIDI commands in the Command Center.

7 minutes ago, phil_m said:

You should install the 2.60 firmware update that was just released like 10 minutes ago and see if this is resolved. There were a bunch of bug fixes involving MIDI commands in the Command Center.

MAAAAN, that's GREAT NEWS!!! :D :D :D

Thank you so much for the info!

So the MIDI CC Toggle bug that was reported in 2.5x is still present.  I've been waiting since March for this update and it has utterly failed.

• Helix, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT only: In some cases, Command Center CC Toggle messages are not sent when selecting snapshots — FIXED

NOPE.  Not fixed in the slightest.  

I currently have my Helix set up to control my RJM analog loop switcher which accepts CC commands.  The assigned switches control the gizmo as expected.  When changing between snapshots the lights work as intended but no MIDI CC command is sent.  This bug was reported in February or March.  Come on Line6, get it together!

19 minutes ago, RufusOnFire said:

So the MIDI CC Toggle bug that was reported in 2.5x is still present.  I've been waiting since March for this update and it has utterly failed.

• Helix, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT only: In some cases, Command Center CC Toggle messages are not sent when selecting snapshots — FIXED

NOPE.  Not fixed in the slightest.  

I currently have my Helix set up to control my RJM analog loop switcher which accepts CC commands.  The assigned switches control the gizmo as expected.  When changing between snapshots the lights work as intended but no MIDI CC command is sent.  This bug was reported in February or March.  Come on Line6, get it together!

Ahhh!!!!!

What the F! I haven't had enough time to confirm weather or not it's working right. Wondering if taking another 4hrs or more to reprogram the snapshots will work? Ugh... Yeah, come on guys, this is a major let down, major!!!!!!!

my hx, is wierd after update, it wont recieve midi pc commands from external device,and even if i unhook the external device and reboot hx,i can screw up and get stucked when changing presets, i did the factory reset of global settings,im reverting to older firmware.

57 minutes ago, kimnjorgensen said:

my hx, is wierd after update, it wont recieve midi pc commands from external device,and even if i unhook the external device and reboot hx,i can screw up and get stucked when changing presets, i did the factory reset of global settings,im reverting to older firmware.

Did you check Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo>Page 3, "MIDI PC Rx"?

On 7/2/2018 at 11:18 PM, Roberttheprole said:

Ahhh!!!!!

What the F! I haven't had enough time to confirm weather or not it's working right. Wondering if taking another 4hrs or more to reprogram the snapshots will work? Ugh... Yeah, come on guys, this is a major let down, major!!!!!!!

Ok, wait a sec... midi commands set to footswitches in snapshots seem to be working, as long as you only try to control one device with them I think? So not such a let down after all... 

3 hours ago, Roberttheprole said:

Ok, wait a sec... midi commands set to footswitches in snapshots seem to be working, as long as you only try to control one device with them I think? So not such a let down after all... 

No, it doesn't. Yes, you can assign CC toggles to footswitches, but they are not recalled correctly (or sometimes at all) when recalling snapshots. Also, the lit and unlit values (usually 127 and 0) get mixed up, and sometimes I've even seen bogus values like 4 or 6 being sent. It's a total mess and completely broken.

This is exactly what I'm experiencing.  Basic toggling of a footswitch works fine, snapshot recalls are completely bonkers.  I've tried setting up completely new patches and using my existing patches.  Same result.  It's completely unacceptable for a software defect to exist this long.  I enjoyed the Helix but Line6 support is completely awful.

54 minutes ago, RufusOnFire said:

This is exactly what I'm experiencing.  Basic toggling of a footswitch works fine, snapshot recalls are completely bonkers.  I've tried setting up completely new patches and using my existing patches.  Same result.  It's completely unacceptable for a software defect to exist this long.  I enjoyed the Helix but Line6 support is completely awful.

Oh come on now, this is one bug... Line 6 support has actually been phenomenal with the Helix. I've seen them do crazy things to help customers. I imagine once they are aware of this, they will try to fix it quickly. It looks like it slipped through testing.

1 hour ago, RufusOnFire said:

If this is indeed the case then Line6 should release a quick fix. Ostensibly the reason this update contained less in the way of new features was primarily to provide an editor for HX Effects and to squash bugs. How does something like this slip through the cracks? The bugs in the MIDI functionality have been outstanding for a while now and have been extensively covered on the forum and probably directly with support. I have to echo phil_m's sentiment here and say Line6 support is generally excellent! It seems to be the QA process that continues to need shoring up (assuming this is actually confirmed as a bug).

I understand the incredible challenge of catching every bug on such a complex product but if there was not a thorough process in place for testing the MIDI output during preset and snapshot use then one should be implemented. It is a simple proposition to monitor MIDI output so this bug might well be repeatable and easily detectable.  Firmware versions with broken MIDI functionality should not continue to be pushed out (stating the obvious). The Helix makes such an amazing MIDI controller, it is almost worth the money just for that functionality alone. Let's squash this thing already!