Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

On 8/3/2017 at 9:46 AM, johoffry said:

Firmware 2.21

Assigning a CC Toggle to Footswitch setting dim value and lit value

Problem:

As I switch through my snapshots the values are reversed.

My application:

Assigning footswitch to MIDI Mix Control on my Big Sky. When I hit the footswitch it increases the mix. Unfortunately, when I change snapshots the MIX is automatically switched even without the footswitch being pressed. Has anyone else had problems with this? Is there a workaround? Should I submit a bug report?

thanks

JeffM

I know it’s been a while since 2.21, but has 2.60 fixed this for you? I still get the random dim/lit switch occasionally when changing snapshots...

I am having the exact same issue as the user "blutac" on TheGearPage, namely that the right headphone channel distorts. I am using Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, rated at 64 Ohm.
-See his post here on TGP
-I have tried rolling back to 2.54 and done a total reset of everything (foot switches 9+10 on startup), but the problem is still there

Please fix this urgently, silent practice at home is how I use my Helix most of the time.

On 7/21/2018 at 9:10 PM, matsansan said:

I am having the exact same issue as the user "blutac" on TheGearPage, namely that the right headphone channel distorts. I am using Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, rated at 64 Ohm.
-I have tried rolling back to 2.54 and done a total reset of everything (foot switches 9+10 on startup), but the problem is still there

Please fix this urgently, silent practice at home is how I use my Helix most of the time.

Has it always distorted or did is just start recently? Does it do it on all presets?

20 hours ago, jbuhajla said:

Has it always distorted or did is just start recently? Does it do it on all presets?

-This new behavior came when updating to 2.60, I had no problem at all before that
-It does it on all presets, even after factory reset
-I have just tried SPDIF and 1/4" outputs, they are fine
-The volume goes down and up equally as far as I can tell, it is just that there is some distortion on the right channel
-It does not sound like harsh clipping at all

Rolling back to 2.54 does not solve it, which leads me to believe that it would be some sort of setting?

On 7/21/2018 at 10:10 PM, matsansan said:

Have you tried a different pair of headphones? Do all headphones behave like these or just your 64 ohm Sennheisers?

On 7/26/2018 at 2:05 AM, HonestOpinion said:

Have you tried a different pair of headphones? Do all headphones behave like these or just your 64 ohm Sennheisers?

Attached are two recordings, done simultaneously:
-Through SPDIF out (no problem)
-Through headphone out (going into a 1 Mohm sound card input, still distorting the right)

It also distorts on my wife's no-name language learning headphones, not sure about the impedance on those.

I am also attaching the patch as a reference. I am using a bass with Nordstrand Big Singles and D'Addario Chromes.

Helix headphone problem.zip

Hye!

For me there is a big problem if you try to use the helix with a midi sync. I have make a new preset with a 50 BPM tempo and just a square tremolo 1/4 with 50% duty. My computer is sending the tempo (50 bpm) with midi clock. and the tremolo have the good tempo even if i add a tempo change but the begining off the tremolo is a random one. if i start the song again the tremolo begin at another time. It's really strange I use midi sync with another FX the helix is the master, i have the same probleme all my fx are synchronised but begin at different time. if i use the computeur tempo the other fx are stable.

i hope you fix this urgently because i bought the helix to synchronise all my other FX ilke that the helix are useless..

Thank you and sorry for my bad english

56 minutes ago, flop54 said:

Hye!

For me there is a big problem if you try to use the helix with a midi sync. I have make a new preset with a 50 BPM tempo and just a square tremolo 1/4 with 50% duty. My computer is sending the tempo (50 bpm) with midi clock. and the tremolo have the good tempo even if i add a tempo change but the begining off the tremolo is a random one. if i start the song again the tremolo begin at another time. It's really strange I use midi sync with another FX the helix is the master, i have the same probleme all my fx are synchronised but begin at different time. if i use the computeur tempo the other fx are stable.

i hope you fix this urgently because i bought the helix to synchronise all my other FX ilke that the helix are useless..

Thank you and sorry for my bad english

It sounds like you're talking about the LFO start point for the tremolo. If you step on the tap tempo switch once, that will re-start the LFO. If you want to do that via MIDI, I believe sending one pulse of a CC64, value 127 (the CC for tap tempo) will do the same thing.

6 minutes ago, phil_m said:

It sounds like you're talking about the LFO start point for the tremolo. If you step on the tap tempo switch once, that will re-start the LFO. If you want to do that via MIDI, I believe sending one pulse of a CC64, value 127 (the CC for tap tempo) will do the same thing.

I found a similar behavior but not when synced via MIDI.

With the tempo set manually in the preset and switching to the snapshot with tremolo, the pulse doesn't align with the song.

Why is that happening if I switch snapshots at the exact tempo?

Doesn't bypassing/switching on an effect resets its LFO?

I'll try the step once tip but it's kind of annoying I have to step on another pedal to align the effect. Turning the effect on/off should reset the LFO.

4 hours ago, ppoceiro said:

I found a similar behavior but not when synced via MIDI.

With the tempo set manually in the preset and switching to the snapshot with tremolo, the pulse doesn't align with the song.

Why is that happening if I switch snapshots at the exact tempo?

Doesn't bypassing/switching on an effect resets its LFO?

I'll try the step once tip but it's kind of annoying I have to step on another pedal to align the effect. Turning the effect on/off should reset the LFO.

I have found in 2.60 that occasionally when I switch snapshots the time parameter of delay and mod fx blocks switch from say 1/8, 1/4, etc. to ms... If I were you I'd go into your preset, make sure you do not have the fx block in question selected (I've found that hitting the amp button and changing snapshots can cause this problem on my unit), change snapshots a few times, and then go to your fx block and see if the time has changed from a note value to a millisecond value.  Not sure if you're having the same problem as I am, but it's worth checking...

3 minutes ago, swanny8777 said:

I have found in 2.60 that occasionally when I switch snapshots the time parameter of delay and mod fx blocks switch from say 1/8, 1/4, etc. to ms... If I were you I'd go into your preset, make sure you do not have the fx block in question selected (I've found that hitting the amp button and changing snapshots can cause this problem on my unit), change snapshots a few times, and then go to your fx block and see if the time has changed from a note value to a millisecond value.  Not sure if you're having the same problem as I am, but it's worth checking...

Thanks but it's not that.

I've heard about that "bug". Not sure if it's really a bug or some misconfiguration of the parameter from the user.

Never had that issue.

16 hours ago, phil_m said:

Thank you but it dosen't work. I try one (and more) step or send message on time. And I try with the MMC play message to. But it's always look like they began when they want.

For me when i test the sending message from the helix. we need a FA message. The helix is sending F8 all the time so there is no point for reseting the differents lfo.

On 7/20/2018 at 3:29 PM, popsongsmith said:

There seems to be a bug in the looper after 2.6 install.  If I create a loop using the 6-button looper in one patch and then switch to another patch that has a 6-button looper block, I can't overdub using the other patch.  The overdub icon reverts to the record icon, and when I hit the footswitch, it creates a new loop from scratch, erasing the original loop.

EDIT:  actually, I can overdub in the other patch, but only after hitting the play button first.  and you have hit it on exactly the beat the loop starts on, or it will screw up the timing relative to how badly you missed the beat.  either way, this is not a reasonable workaround.

I can confirm this bug as well. I am absolutely unable to use the looper in it's current state. It's a shame because live looping is a big part of our set. I was hoping to be able to just use the Helix, but it looks like i will have to haul around a looper pedal as well until this is fixed. I can't get too bummed about it, the Helix is super dope otherwise. 

On 7/20/2018 at 9:29 PM, popsongsmith said:

I posted this over at TGP,  but no replies...

There seems to be a bug in the looper after 2.6 install.  If I create a loop using the 6-button looper in one patch and then switch to another patch that has a 6-button looper block, I can't overdub using the other patch.  The overdub icon reverts to the record icon, and when I hit the footswitch, it creates a new loop from scratch, erasing the original loop.

EDIT:  actually, I can overdub in the other patch, but only after hitting the play button first.  and you have hit it on exactly the beat the loop starts on, or it will screw up the timing relative to how badly you missed the beat.  either way, this is not a reasonable workaround.

This only happens with the 6-button looper, not the 1-button.  I never had this issue before the update.

I'm really bummed, because I use this all the time.  I'll create a loop with a guitar tone and then switch to another patch for a bass tone, or a completely different amp.  

One other issue...

When overdubbing with the 1-button looper, there's a delay when you hit the switch.  With the 6-button looper, the overdub begins the instant you hit the switch, but with the 1-button looper, if you hit the switch on the exact beat the overdub starts, there's a moment of silence before the overdubbed part begins.

I have my LT for more than a year now and only tried the looper a couple of times.

Tried it to test the 1-button looper and didn't noticed the delay you're talking. But I'm not that experienced with loopers and didn't spend a lot of time messing with it. I did notice I couldn't make the overdubs in tempo. Probably the delay problem was the cause.

I did try the 6-button looper afterwards and did notice the bug you're talking. With almost 100% certainty I can confirm that is not the behavior it had before.

I didn't switch patches. I only switched snapshots and hit the record to overdub. I was listening to the previous loop. Hit record, stop record and the previous loop was gone and could only hear the new one. It was not overdubbing.

Didn't try to press play before but that is not usable. And I'm pretty sure this wasn't the behavior before the 2.60 update.

Anyone else getting a bug with the Industrial Fuzz dramatically changing the sound of a patch when it's bypassed (vs the block being removed completely)?  It seems to radically kill the high end response.  I almost wonder if it's modifying the input impedance settings, even when off?

14 minutes ago, pagelaubheimer said:

Anyone else getting a bug with the Industrial Fuzz dramatically changing the sound of a patch when it's bypassed (vs the block being removed completely)?  It seems to radically kill the high end response.  I almost wonder if it's modifying the input impedance settings, even when off?

Not a bug... That's the Input Z setting. If it's set to "Auto", it automatically changes the input impedance of the Guitar In jack based on the first block in the chain regardless of the block's bypass state. This may not be how some people want it to work, but multiple people from Line 6 have confirmed that this is the intended behavior. One workaround is to assign the input impedance to a controller (the same footswitch you're using for the fuzz) and have the max set to the lower impedance and the min set to 1M-Ohm.

1 hour ago, phil_m said:

Not a bug... That's the Input Z setting. If it's set to "Auto", it automatically changes the input impedance of the Guitar In jack based on the first block in the chain regardless of the block's bypass state. This may not be how some people want it to work, but multiple people from Line 6 have confirmed that this is the intended behavior. One workaround is to assign the input impedance to a controller (the same footswitch you're using for the fuzz) and have the max set to the lower impedance and the min set to 1M-Ohm.

Hmm, that seems a baffling design decision (as it makes something like the Industrial fuzz unusable by default).  Would putting a volume or gain block before it prevent this behavior?

5 minutes ago, pagelaubheimer said:

Hmm, that seems a baffling design decision (as it makes something like the Industrial fuzz unusable by default).  Would putting a volume or gain block before it prevent this behavior?

How does it make it unusable? Generally people want the lower input impedance when using a fuzz because that's what happens with vintage fuzz pedals in the real world.

As far as the workaround, I gave it in my original post. If you don't want the lower input impedance at all, simply change the Input Z parameter from Auto to something higher (1M-Ohm is kind of the default).

9 minutes ago, phil_m said:

How does it make it unusable? Generally people want the lower input impedance when using a fuzz because that's what happens with vintage fuzz pedals in the real world.

As far as the workaround, I gave it in my original post. If you don't want the lower input impedance at all, simply change the Input Z parameter from Auto to something higher (1M-Ohm is kind of the default).

Look, I love the Helix, but this would definitely count as a usability issue.  It's unusable for two reasons:

1. Why would you want the fuzz to change the whole chain's input impedance when bypassed?  In the analog domain, pedals with true bypass were considered a big improvement because they eliminated loading like this (typically called "tone suck").  In this case, it means that having that fuzz in the chain (in it's typical first position placement) at all is not really usable if you want to ever bypass it, because it so dramatically changes the sound of the rest of the patch when present (unless going through a pretty crazy workaround).  Yes, it makes sense to have the input Z change when the fuzz is on for better fuzz performance, but when off?  Makes no sense to me.  
  2. I can't imagine that a typical user would have any idea what's going on, and why the sound is all messed up in this case.  I only was even able to guess at the input impedance issue (which is something that is probably not even in the vocabulary of many guitarists) because I've spent a long time working on circuits, and have experienced issues like this before.  I don't think the input Z behavior is even documented anywhere (which, to be honest, wouldn't help with most users, anyway).  

17 minutes ago, pagelaubheimer said:

Look, I love the Helix, but this would definitely count as a usability issue.  It's unusable for two reasons:

1. Why would you want the fuzz to change the whole chain's input impedance when bypassed?  In the analog domain, pedals with true bypass were considered a big improvement because they eliminated loading like this (typically called "tone suck").  In this case, it means that having that fuzz in the chain (in it's typical first position placement) at all is not really usable if you want to ever bypass it, because it so dramatically changes the sound of the rest of the patch when present (unless going through a pretty crazy workaround).  Yes, it makes sense to have the input Z change when the fuzz is on for better fuzz performance, but when off?  Makes no sense to me.  
  2. I can't imagine that a typical user would have any idea what's going on, and why the sound is all messed up in this case.  I only was even able to guess at the input impedance issue (which is something that is probably not even in the vocabulary of many guitarists) because I've spent a long time working on circuits, and have experienced issues like this before.  I don't think the input Z behavior is even documented anywhere (which, to be honest, wouldn't help with most users, anyway).  

Well, if it makes you feel better, you're not the only who noticed it... There's a guy over on TGP (who occasionally posts here as well) who has been obsessed with it for awhile... Digital Igloo, the guy who designed the Helix, has commented numerous times on it. Here's one example: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/24636213/

As far as the workaround, it's really not that crazy. It takes all of five seconds to implement.

1 minute ago, phil_m said:

Well, if it makes you feel better, you're not the only who noticed it... There's a guy over on TGP (who occasionally posts here as well) who has been obsessed with it for awhile... Digital Igloo, the guy who designed the Helix, has commented numerous times on it. Here's one example: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/24636213/

As far as the workaround, it's really not that crazy. It takes all of five seconds to implement.

I mean, how am I supposed to know what the "correct" input impedance of each block is to even go through the workaround?  Trial and error?  I don't see them listed anywhere, even in HX edit.

It just means that for me (and it seems like other people too) that fuzzes like this one are not really an option in Helix. 

5 minutes ago, pagelaubheimer said:

I mean, how am I supposed to know what the "correct" input impedance of each block is to even go through the workaround?  Trial and error?  I don't see them listed anywhere, even in HX edit.

It just means that for me (and it seems like other people too) that fuzzes like this one are not really an option in Helix. 

I believe that the input impedance for all the fuzzes is the lowest value, but really, just play around with it and see what sounds best. What's so bad about that?

I just don't understand why it would prevent you from using it...

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with people who say it should act differently. I just don't agree with the described severity of the issue. It's really not a big deal to change the input impedance in other ways. You can also change it per snapshot if you want by assigning to a snapshot controller. So if you had a snapshot with a fuzz on, you set to a low value, and then just set it to 1M-Ohm for every other one.

8 minutes ago, PeterHamm said:

You want fuzz ALWAYS first. You also want to change the impedance from 1M to whatever the lower value that sounds good with fuzz is when you turn it on and off.

Very much agreed about fuzz placement, which is why this was so mystifying at first -- I put the fuzz in the standard spot, and when turning it off, it loaded down the input impedance and made everything else sound awful.  I only had reason to suspect that the input impedence was changing at all because I've had experience building fuzzes before.  This is effectively building in non-true bypass tone suck in the digital domain, which is bizarre.  Hell, the original modeled pedal (the Fuzz Factory) was famously true bypass before that was expected in every boutique pedal!

I'm definitely not convinced that forcing the user to manually manage their input impedance (without them having any reason to know or suspect this) is anything other than a design flaw, but to each their own.  

Don't mean to be argumentative here, just expressing that this is a very weird design choice.

13 minutes ago, pagelaubheimer said:

Very much agreed about fuzz placement, which is why this was so mystifying at first -- I put the fuzz in the standard spot, and when turning it off, it loaded down the input impedance and made everything else sound awful.  I only had reason to suspect that the input impedence was changing at all because I've had experience building fuzzes before.  This is effectively building in non-true bypass tone suck in the digital domain, which is bizarre. 

I'm definitely not convinced that forcing the user to manually manage their input impedance (without them having any reason to know or suspect this) is anything other than a design flaw, but to each their own.  

I think there have been legitimate suggestions made about changing the implementation of the "Auto" setting on the impedance, e.g. having it set itself to the first active block instead of the first block. Of course that suggestion depends on how the first block "loads" the signal when it is bypassed. I would hate to lose sight though of how awesome it is that Line6 made sure that there was an impedance circuit(which is analog) that can be controlled digitally via the Helix. This allows such things as for example changing the impedance from snapshot to snapshot or through a stomp swtch. So... regardless of the final implementation on the impedance circuit, I am very happy that the capability is in there at all and it leaves room for future changes if they are deemed more desirable and in the meantime remains fairly flexible.

Firmware 2.60

When a delay block has a note value assigned to it, the tap tempo pitch is set to transparent, and the tempo is assigned to snapshot there is no spillover between snapshots.  If any of these three variable are changed spillover works correctly.  

Has this been noted before?

On 7/19/2018 at 3:50 PM, Guitarmaniac64 said:

This might be a "wrong name" bug 

On the Fremen preset Cartographer 1 i might found a bug

So unless Fremen himself renamed the FS 9 ? (which was assigned to Thriefter Fuzz but showed Teemah under the block)

Or later swapped the effect after he saved the Preset i dont know maybe Fremen can confirm if it is so or not?

Helix Names Screenshot 2.jpg

I don't rename the FS usually so this is definitively a Helix bug

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

First time poster so please be gentle!! :-)

I've had a Helix for a couple of years now. Love the sounds and flexibility.

Running version 2.53 on my Helix. 

Yesterday when I switched it on, for the first time ever the unit hung on the boot up screen. I switched it off and on and it came back up without any issues. So I decided that I would back up and ran a full backup and individual set lists just in case. After backing up, I did a restore of my User1 setlist to User3 to ensure that the setlist backup was ok. 

This is when trouble started. When I go to User 3, I get the error message "Failed to get Preset Names". "Badly formatted response from Device".

Error.jpg.069f65fa9e0784f1d9b82f45039e4c93.jpg

I tried to do a restore from the full back up by only selecting User 3 but I get "error during restore, Badly formatted response from Device". [Code -8214]."

I tried running a full backup again but it stops at around 50% with a similar error. I have a gig this Saturday and will try an upgrade to 2.6 next week. 

But in the meantime has anyone else come across a similar issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

Allen

On 8/23/2018 at 10:39 AM, allen2016 said:

Hello,

First time poster so please be gentle!! :-)

I've had a Helix for a couple of years now. Love the sounds and flexibility.

Running version 2.53 on my Helix. 

Yesterday when I switched it on, for the first time ever the unit hung on the boot up screen. I switched it off and on and it came back up without any issues. So I decided that I would back up and ran a full backup and individual set lists just in case. After backing up, I did a restore of my User1 setlist to User3 to ensure that the setlist backup was ok. 

This is when trouble started. When I go to User 3, I get the error message "Failed to get Preset Names". "Badly formatted response from Device".

Error.jpg.069f65fa9e0784f1d9b82f45039e4c93.jpg

I tried to do a restore from the full back up by only selecting User 3 but I get "error during restore, Badly formatted response from Device".

."

I tried running a full backup again but it stops at around 50% with a similar error. I have a gig this Saturday and will try an upgrade to 2.6 next week. 

But in the meantime has anyone else come across a similar issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

Allen

Hello everyone,

Just an update if anyone else runs into this issue.

I did a factory reset and that seems to have solved the problem. But of course since I had recent backups, I'm restoring patches one by one to avoid any issues.

Also upgraded to 2.60. 

Cheers

Allen

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new HX effects (bought at Guitar Center ~4 weeks ago). 

Software version: 2.60.

While running in 4CM methods, configuring presets for >30 minutes, display indicators stop working. Reboot, all cables out, firmware reinstallation don't help. However, if keep unit off for ~10 minutes and turn it again, indicators work again. So, I assume it's heating problem.

So, I plan to return it back to Guitar Center and replace with new one. But, could you please let me know, whether it's known bug, whether it's software or heating issue?

IMG_0216.JPG

I recently purchased a Helix LT from Sweetwater about three weeks ago.   I played around with it at home and had no issues.

my first Sunday at church I plugged it all in and about 3-5 minutes in half my foot switches did not work.   My bank up and down weren’t functioning, however the very next two switches were acting as my Bank up and down.   The next row didn’t function at all.   It was the strangest thing. Wiping the pedal manually didn’t help, got on the phone with Sweetwater tech support two days later and all of a sudden it’s functioning again like normal.   So far no more issues but I thought this was pretty strange 

• 2 weeks later...

Dont know if this is a bug?
But i restored a backup yesterday it was a backup i did 20 aug and this morning when i switch on Helix it rebuilded all preset
Now that backup already have rebuilded presets for latest FW version
So is this suppose to happen everytime you restore a backup?
Oh and another thing some of the presets wasnt the same as before as i had 2 presets where i gonna make a stock vs IR comparison
I simply copy and paste one preset to the next slot and then i switched the 2 cab blocks to 2 IR block on one of the presets
And before you ask YES i SAVED IT as i played with them for weeks.
But when i restored the backup those 2 presets have stock cab and they wasnt even on the same location in the setlist as they where when i did the backup.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:26 AM, Guitarmaniac64 said:

Dont know if this is a bug?
But i restored a backup yesterday it was a backup i did 20 aug and this morning when i switch on Helix it rebuilded all preset
Now that backup already have rebuilded presets for latest FW version
So is this suppose to happen everytime you restore a backup?
Oh and another thing some of the presets wasnt the same as before as i had 2 presets where i gonna make a stock vs IR comparison
I simply copy and paste one preset to the next slot and then i switched the 2 cab blocks to 2 IR block on one of the presets
And before you ask YES i SAVED IT as i played with them for weeks.
But when i restored the backup those 2 presets have stock cab and they wasnt even on the same location in the setlist as they where when i did the backup.

The rebuilding messages you saw after a restore upon restart are normal and expected behavior. Differences like the ones you mention where presets end up in different locations with different blocks are not. I would either be double checking the date on the backup I restored to make sure it was as recent as I assumed or perhaps you discovered a bug. I personally have not encountered the issues you describe although you are not alone among those who have reported differences upon restores, usually having to do with the lit/unlit states of the footswitch assignments or a different parameter setting here and there.  Barring pilot error, there are occasional restore aberrations that crop up now and then depending on the version of the backup restored and what exactly was used in a preset. For the most part I have been lucky and found restores to go fairly well with minimal issues, YMMV.

I have occasional bugs between Helix and Variax. I have had two Standard Varie(current is a standard) and a JTV 69.  I had the same bugs with all three and have now reproduced it on three Helix units though I have no idea what causes it. Occasionally I when I switch models on the Variax, or patches on the Helix, I lose sound from the Variax. I can plug the a regular guitar in and it's fine. The only way to restore Variax sound is reboot the Helix. Both units current firmware and using a VDI cable. One time I hit the joystick and sound returned. That was just once. The other is sort if similar but instead of losing sound every model on the Variax suddenly has a, plunky/Resonator /banjo sound. Every model. Sounds real funky on Les Paul. Again, nothing will fix it but a Helix reboot. Turning models off and on or unplugging and plugging back in the Variax does nothing. It doesn't happen everyday but happens enough that I would not trust a Variax live. I know tons do not have this issue but I know others that do. I don't see any sense in sending anything back because of the number of units I have reproduced it with.  It is frustrating when it happens. 

When you give a specific name to a Variax Model in Workbench HD, that new name shows on the Helix screen but isn't reflected in HXEdit.  When assigning that custom Variax model to a patch or snapshot in HXedit, you still see things like Custom 1-3 rather than the specific name you gave that model

Every now and then when I power on the Helix, the output volume is much lower than usual, maybe -30 dB instead of -15 dB.

I use the SPDIF output which is connected to a RME fireface 800 audio interface.

A restart of the Helix solves the problem, but most of the time first I suspect the drummer and the singer to be too loud... ;-)

Does anyone know this bug, too?

Hello Always the same probleme with the midi i'm doing now a video to show how the helix h't  have trouble with a computer's tempo sync's.

I show you 2 pictures for waiting until i finish the moovie.

So i want a straight tremolo 50% with sound on the downbeat and 50% no sound on the upbeat.

I make few records with the 2 configurations

- If the helix was configurate to don't send the tempo and with midi thru. the sonnuus make that :

1633366106_tremolohelix2.png.1df5f2bdd6f75c410a18ebf672c8b1fc.png

- It the helix receive the tempo ad send it with no midi thru the sonnus do that :

151070037_tremolohelix.png.f5b871f18b31a89beb107c6b92794709.png

For your infomation it 's the same if i use a helix's tremolo. And for me there is a probleme with the tap tempo to.

So i think there a bug with that the helix's lfo dosen't work.

I hope you undertand me sorry for my bad english.

Florent

2 hours ago, flop54 said:

Hello Always the same probleme with the midi i'm doing now a video to show how the helix h't  have trouble with a computer's tempo sync's.

I show you 2 pictures for waiting until i finish the moovie.

So i want a straight tremolo 50% with sound on the downbeat and 50% no sound on the upbeat.

I make few records with the 2 configurations

- If the helix was configurate to don't send the tempo and with midi thru. the sonnuus make that :

1633366106_tremolohelix2.png.1df5f2bdd6f75c410a18ebf672c8b1fc.png

- It the helix receive the tempo ad send it with no midi thru the sonnus do that :

151070037_tremolohelix.png.f5b871f18b31a89beb107c6b92794709.png

For your infomation it 's the same if i use a helix's tremolo. And for me there is a probleme with the tap tempo to.

So i think there a bug with that the helix's lfo dosen't work.

I hope you undertand me sorry for my bad english.

Florent

The MIDI clock doesn’t control when the LFO starts. It just controls the tempo. If you hit the tap switch once that should restart the LFO.