Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

On 9/30/2018 at 2:17 PM, phil_m said:

The MIDI clock doesn’t control when the LFO starts. It just controls the tempo. If you hit the tap switch once that should restart the LFO.

Thank you for your answer but i try many things (hit once twice thrice and i have programmed a midi file with the tap tempo on each downbeat) nothing works. Anyway i think that you have the same problem with a tap tempo use.

I think that the Helix is a very good unit. He must be able to control the start of the lfo.

like i write before this is for me the reason of this trouble :

On 7/31/2018 at 8:47 AM, flop54 said:

Thank you but it dosen't work. I try one (and more) step or send message on time. And I try with the MMC play message to. But it's always look like they began when they want.

For me when i test the sending message from the helix. we need a FA message. The helix is sending F8 all the time so there is no point for reseting the differents lfo. 

I bought my Helix about a month ago and I'm really really loving it. The depth of tone and the amount of FX and customisation is insane. However, I'm having a massive problem with it. Whenever I take it to a gig and click on almost any amount of distortion is just absolutely screams feedback. I've tried adjusting the gain settings on both the amps and the distortion effects themselves, but it still happens whenever I play live. The volume discrepancies are also pretty insane. I can't seem to reproduce the problems with my home setup no matter how much I crank it - it only seems to happen live, but it's at different venues and it happens every single time. 

Anyone else experienced this? Any insights?

On 10/3/2018 at 10:52 AM, DigitalDelay7 said:

I bought my Helix about a month ago and I'm really really loving it. The depth of tone and the amount of FX and customisation is insane. However, I'm having a massive problem with it. Whenever I take it to a gig and click on almost any amount of distortion is just absolutely screams feedback. I've tried adjusting the gain settings on both the amps and the distortion effects themselves, but it still happens whenever I play live. The volume discrepancies are also pretty insane. I can't seem to reproduce the problems with my home setup no matter how much I crank it - it only seems to happen live, but it's at different venues and it happens every single time. 

Without seeing your settings or knowing about your other gear, I can tell you that if you WANT feedback, you can certainly get it with this pedal. Some things to think about:

(1) Make sure that you are not multiplying your drive. i.e. pedal O/D plus amp set to drive hard--try one or the other

(2) 4CM method? check your signal levels going to the amp--try inst rather than line

(3) On your amp--try channel volume down and master volume up, and vice-versa.

Couldn't find if this has been mentioned previously, but I've noticed in one of my patches that momentary switches get stuck enabled if you're holding them down at the same time you switch snapshots.   At least in my patch...  I have the snapshots on the bottom row of my rack control, and effects on the top.   I have a megaphone effect set to momentary, if I hit that to enable the effect, and heel down to also change to a different snapshot before letting off the momentary, it will effectively have the effect turned on by default for both the new and previous snapshot... so now hitting the momentary switch turns the megaphone off instead of on.   I'm sure turning off the feature to save snapshot changes would prevent that but hoping it might not be too hard to program that so if I'm holding down a momentary switch when I change snapshots it won't save that effects current state.   Firmware 2.6

On 10/4/2018 at 7:40 PM, dickbanks said:

Without seeing your settings or knowing about your other gear, I can tell you that if you WANT feedback, you can certainly get it with this pedal. Some things to think about:

(1) Make sure that you are not multiplying your drive. i.e. pedal O/D plus amp set to drive hard--try one or the other

(2) 4CM method? check your signal levels going to the amp--try inst rather than line

(3) On your amp--try channel volume down and master volume up, and vice-versa.

I have the drive settings around 3.0 on the amp for a little bit of crunch. It sounds pretty clean. The Helix can scream feedback out at me even when it's sounding really clean. When you say "multiplying my drive" do you mean like stacking O/D or distortion effects together? I have a few stacked effects, but the Helix feeds back regardless of whether I'm stacking OD or not.
 I definitely think it's a proximity thing, but the thing is so sensitive to it. It's like there's an invisible line 5 metres from my amp and if I overstep it the entire room gets their ears blown out.
 I've had a bit of a play around with turning various volumes up and down and it's still an issue. I really hope I can get to the bottom of it soon. I really love this bit of gear, but it's getting really embarrassing to have this amount of feedback at gigs and rehearsals.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:52 AM, DigitalDelay7 said:

What guitars/pickups are you playing?

1 hour ago, DigitalDelay7 said:

I have the drive settings around 3.0 on the amp for a little bit of crunch. It sounds pretty clean. The Helix can scream feedback out at me even when it's sounding really clean. When you say "multiplying my drive" do you mean like stacking O/D or distortion effects together? I have a few stacked effects, but the Helix feeds back regardless of whether I'm stacking OD or not.
 I definitely think it's a proximity thing, but the thing is so sensitive to it. It's like there's an invisible line 5 metres from my amp and if I overstep it the entire room gets their ears blown out.
 I've had a bit of a play around with turning various volumes up and down and it's still an issue. I really hope I can get to the bottom of it soon. I really love this bit of gear, but it's getting really embarrassing to have this amount of feedback at gigs and rehearsals.

I am at home today for much of the day and would be pleased to look at a patch that's feeding back to see if there is anything wacky that I might notice... just PM me.

HELIX USB DRIVER

I've already set my Helix Rack clock to Wordclock In, and ran a 75ohm BNC cable from my MOTU 828ES audio interface to the Helix Rack. I install the latest USB driver (1.0.4) on my MacBook Pro (OS X High Sierra 10.13.6). In Digital Performer 9, Master Device is set as 828ES (Thunderbolt), which is fine. However, Clock Mode shown underneath shows Line 6 Helix Rack. If I change that to 828ES (which is what would show if I had not selected both devices as audio interfaces) and save that, going back in shows Clock Mode back on Helix Rack again. I also have a MOTU 8D (another audio interface), which although is connected via AVB to the 828ES (8D clock mode is set to incoming AVB signal from the 828ES). This does not have that auto-takeover effect that the Helix Rack does if I were to connect the 8D via USB and select both MOTU racks as audio interfaces. I would therefore assume the Helix USB driver needs fixing. Without even 1.0.4, Helix Rack's USB audio will only work at 48khz, and I run all my projects at 44.1khz.

Helix Audio keeps appearing in clock mode - correct?.png

On 10/3/2018 at 10:21 AM, flop54 said:

Thank you for your answer but i try many things (hit once twice thrice and i have programmed a midi file with the tap tempo on each downbeat) nothing works. Anyway i think that you have the same problem with a tap tempo use.

I think that the Helix is a very good unit. He must be able to control the start of the lfo.

like i write before this is for me the reason of this trouble :

Hello i'm a little bit disapointed because i feel that line 6 dosen't really care about my problem.
I have open a support ticket when the technicien respond to me very quickly. But now i don't have any news since 3 months.

I don't understand because the helix is really a beast to manage some fx but for the moment we can't use the tempo sync. What a shame!

Ok i think that line 6 was very busy with his new product but i hope that they're looking after this problem to find a solution quickly.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, flop54 said:

Hello i'm a little bit disapointed because i feel that line 6 dosen't really care about my problem.
I have open a support ticket when the technicien respond to me very quickly. But now i don't have any news since 3 months.

I don't understand because the helix is really a beast to manage some fx but for the moment we can't use the tempo sync. What a shame!

Ok i think that line 6 was very busy with his new product but i hope that they're looking after this problem to find a solution quickly.

Thanks

Are in the US? If so, you should just call on the phone, might work better.

1 hour ago, flop54 said:

Thanks

I don't think Line 6 is going to have a solution to your issue. At the moment, I don't think there's a way to re-sync the LFOs via MIDI. It might be something that can be changed in the future.

33 minutes ago, phil_m said:

I don't think Line 6 is going to have a solution to your issue. At the moment, I don't think there's a way to re-sync the LFOs via MIDI. It might be something that can be changed in the future.

which means it's not a "bug report" it's a "feature request"...

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

I'm confused by this statement? Isn't this what CC64 does? During reamping, I've used this to consistently reproduce the exact same result each time. I send the reset CC to Helix from the DAW multiple times during a track, resetting, or re-syncing?, the LFOs each time. However, if there are any blocks that have note division (instead of explicit millisecond), they should be set to millisecond because CC64 does seem to mess with the BPM, if two resets happen too quickly next to each other.

1 minute ago, duncann said:

I'm confused by this statement? Isn't this what CC64 does? During reamping, I've used this to consistently reproduce the exact same result each time. I send the reset CC to Helix from the DAW multiple times during a track, resetting, or re-syncing?, the LFOs each time. However, if there are any blocks that have note division (instead of explicit millisecond), they should be set to millisecond because CC64 does seem to mess with the BPM, if two resets happen too quickly next to each other.

I know that hitting the tap switch re-synced the LFO, but he seemed to be saying that the CC64 doesn't work. This isn't something I've ever tried to verify, so I guess I believed him. If you're saying it works, that's great!

16 hours ago, PeterHamm said:

Are in the US? If so, you should just call on the phone, might work better.

No i'm french!! But thank you very much because you don't think that my language really sucks!!!!! :) :)

16 hours ago, phil_m said:

yes Someonoe who trust me!

15 hours ago, PeterHamm said:

which means it's not a "bug report" it's a "feature request"...

For me no because of that you can't use the helix's tremolo to sauf it's a big problem.

13 hours ago, duncann said:

I've tried anything and i'm pretty sure it dosen't work if you use it with a fx like dealey or chorus it's work because you don't realy need to have a starting point. the tempo is good no problem but the lfo is not reseting.

Hello and thank for your response.

Today i'm under pressure because i find out there is a new version with :

Bug Fixes

HX Effects only—Switching Global Settings > MIDI/Tempo > Tempo Select values while transmitting MIDI clock could sometimes result in sending incorrect tempi — FIXED

HX Effects only—After resetting Global Settings, Tap Tempo could become unresponsive while receiving MIDI Clock — FIXED

So i don't give up!

3 hours ago, flop54 said:

I've tried anything and i'm pretty sure it dosen't work if you use it with a fx like dealey or chorus it's work because you don't realy need to have a starting point. the tempo is good no problem but the lfo is not reseting.

I have used it successfully with delays. Choruses, not sure, but I would imagine that unless the settings for the chorus are really extreme, it would be difficult to notice anything. But it's currently a mystery why resetting the LFOs for all blocks at once (can't be selective with the blocks) in a preset works for me and not you.

28 minutes ago, duncann said:

I have used it successfully with delays. Choruses, not sure, but I would imagine that unless the settings for the chorus are really extreme, it would be difficult to notice anything. But it's currently a mystery why resetting the LFOs for all blocks at once (can't be selective with the blocks) in a preset works for me and not you.

No i don't said that it manage differently the tempo betwen tremolo and delays.

But when the tempo work if you use a delay, it just repeat the note you play so you don't need a starting point. But with a tremolo the lfo cut the sound so if he cut not at the good time it sound horrible.

On 10/12/2018 at 6:51 PM, jbuhajla said:

What guitars/pickups are you playing?

I have a MIM Strat with the stock pickups and a parts Telecaster with the stock pick up at the neck and a P90 at the bridge. The Tele is pretty much unusable with the Helix and the Strat is a bit more manageable.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:04 PM, PeterHamm said:

I am at home today for much of the day and would be pleased to look at a patch that's feeding back to see if there is anything wacky that I might notice... just PM me.

That would be great - thanks!

29 minutes ago, flop54 said:

No i don't said that it manage differently the tempo betwen tremolo and delays.

But when the tempo work if you use a delay, it just repeat the note you play so you don't need a starting point. But with a tremolo the lfo cut the sound so if he cut not at the good time it sound horrible.

For delays, I should have mentioned a delay with built in modulation. When I get some more time, I'll have to see if I can reproduce what you're seeing with the tremolo.

7 hours ago, flop54 said:

ok thanks and I will test with the new firmware when i get some more time

So I tried replicating what you're seeing with the tremolo block. I could not get it to do what the images in your post above show. When sending an LFO reset via midi or physically tapping the tempo switch once, the result was always the same, which was the LFO resetting as expected. Firmware version is 2.7.

10 hours ago, duncann said:

So I tried replicating what you're seeing with the tremolo block. I could not get it to do what the images in your post above show. When sending an LFO reset via midi or physically tapping the tempo switch once, the result was always the same, which was the LFO resetting as expected. Firmware version is 2.7.

Hello i don't understand.

This morning I do the update.

I open my reaper project and try my tremolo and it's allways the same.

At the first time the tremolo had the good tempo but he was not in time.

I see so much problem it makes me crazy!

I will said you just 2 example that prove for me it don't work as it could (i make all my test with the tempo set as minimum 40):

First example :

My computer sends the tempo with midi and the helix receives it (led blue) sometimes the led lights with the metronome sometimes not. (the helix is set with midi thru on and if I compare with my sonuus voluum she lights with the metronome all times).

Second example : i will use my tremolo without midi sync. When i load my preset sometimes when the red led lights on the tremolo cut the sound sometimes it's the opposite.

You could said to me "but the blinking of the led dosen't proove that it dosen't sound as well". Yes but it's almost the same with the sound.

For me the helix get up the tempo without logical.

I want you to make this simple test:

For me the led lights on the downbeat. what do you think?

When you load a preset for me, the preset should begin on the first time on the downbeat. Can you try to load the preset when the light is on and when the light is off?

For me as you have a tempo per preset the lights should lights on when you load the preset independently of the older tempo because when you load a preset the lfo have to reset itself.

For me the led starts when she wants and the lfo starts when he wants. They all follow the good tempo but they are not together.

When i physically tapping the tempo switch one for me it dosen't work. At the beginning i thought that my unit have a problem but a friend can reproduce this on his unit.

When i get some more time i will try again to use the CC64 and i will make again this test. i hope you will carry on to help me because i feel less alone and fool!! :)

Tempo Test.hlx

5 hours ago, flop54 said:

Hello i don't understand.

This morning I do the update.

I open my reaper project and try my tremolo and it's allways the same.

At the first time the tremolo had the good tempo but he was not in time.

I see so much problem it makes me crazy!

I will said you just 2 example that prove for me it don't work as it could (i make all my test with the tempo set as minimum 40):

First example :

My computer sends the tempo with midi and the helix receives it (led blue) sometimes the led lights with the metronome sometimes not. (the helix is set with midi thru on and if I compare with my sonuus voluum she lights with the metronome all times).

Second example : i will use my tremolo without midi sync. When i load my preset sometimes when the red led lights on the tremolo cut the sound sometimes it's the opposite.

You could said to me "but the blinking of the led dosen't proove that it dosen't sound as well". Yes but it's almost the same with the sound.

For me the helix get up the tempo without logical.

When you load a preset for me, the preset should begin on the first time on the downbeat. Can you try to load the preset when the light is on and when the light is off?

For me as you have a tempo per preset the lights should lights on when you load the preset independently of the older tempo because when you load a preset the lfo have to reset itself.

For me the led starts when she wants and the lfo starts when he wants. They all follow the good tempo but they are not together.

When i physically tapping the tempo switch one for me it dosen't work. At the beginning i thought that my unit have a problem but a friend can reproduce this on his unit.

When i get some more time i will try again to use the CC64 and i will make again this test. i hope you will carry on to help me because i feel less alone and fool!! :)

Tempo Test.hlx

Tried again with your preset. One thing I've never used before is having Reaper send the midi clock to Helix, which appears to work fine. But when used in conjunction with sending an LFO reset midi (via midi or physical tap), the LFO reset seems to be ignored completely. Turn the midi clock sent to Helix off (or turn Helix's global setting to receive midi clock off) and LFO reset works fine.

A couple of other things that might be creating a hitch. Keep in mind that with the tremolo at 50% duty cycle and square wave, the sound won't start until half way into its full duty cycle. Also, if there are two LFO resets too close together it will change the BPM, and if the speed is set to note division it will have an unwanted effect. Set an explicit Hz value for the speed instead.

By no means am I an expert on this stuff, so I could easily be missing something, but I'm glad to try and help.

On 10/18/2018 at 6:56 AM, DigitalDelay7 said:

I have a MIM Strat with the stock pickups and a parts Telecaster with the stock pick up at the neck and a P90 at the bridge. The Tele is pretty much unusable with the Helix and the Strat is a bit more manageable.

That would be great - thanks!

What are you playing your Helix through (guitar amp with 4cm, FRFR, studio monitors, etc...)

2 hours ago, duncann said:

Tried again with your preset. One thing I've never used before is having Reaper send the midi clock to Helix, which appears to work fine. But when used in conjunction with sending an LFO reset midi (via midi or physical tap), the LFO reset seems to be ignored completely. Turn the midi clock sent to Helix off (or turn Helix's global setting to receive midi clock off) and LFO reset works fine.

A couple of other things that might be creating a hitch. Keep in mind that with the tremolo at 50% duty cycle and square wave, the sound won't start until half way into its full duty cycle. Also, if there are two LFO resets too close together it will change the BPM, and if the speed is set to note division it will have an unwanted effect. Set an explicit Hz value for the speed instead.

By no means am I an expert on this stuff, so I could easily be missing something, but I'm glad to try and help.

No probleme talking to you is like a little therapy for me!

The problem is that i understand what you mean and for me it's logical so you have right but it dosen't work for me.

i can't send midi sync tempo and midi message at the same time.

But with the both i have trouble.

If i send midi sync (and no message). my other FX (strymon and sonuus) reset the lfo because reaper send a reseting message when it start the song. The helix don't manage this message.

If i send midi cc i don't use the midi sync because it dosen't work and for me the helix dosen't manage the tempo to.

I will test again but i'm disapointed because i spend a lot of time and i have no return from line 6 about this.

But if you can help me and reproduce the trouble I have or not it help me to carry on so thank you!

Have you a stomp with midi sync?

And what about my test have you do and have the same result or not?

37 minutes ago, flop54 said:

No probleme talking to you is like a little therapy for me!

The problem is that i understand what you mean and for me it's logical so you have right but it dosen't work for me.

i can't send midi sync tempo and midi message at the same time.

But with the both i have trouble.

If i send midi sync (and no message). my other FX (strymon and sonuus) reset the lfo because reaper send a reseting message when it start the song. The helix don't manage this message.

If i send midi cc i don't use the midi sync because it dosen't work and for me the helix dosen't manage the tempo to.

I will test again but i'm disapointed because i spend a lot of time and i have no return from line 6 about this.

But if you can help me and reproduce the trouble I have or not it help me to carry on so thank you!

Have you a stomp with midi sync?

And what about my test have you do and have the same result or not?

What the light is doing (I normally have the tap tempo led turned off) in relation to the sound can vary depending on when the LFO reset is sent. So it could be that the light is bright on an upbeat or downbeat, or even anywhere between.

For equipment I use, it's just Helix and a computer with Reaper. That's it. I've never used midi sync because I don't have a reason to. The LFO reset alone achieves what I want. So perhaps some the problems you're having might be because of external equipment and how everything is interacting.

Upon reloading the preset (I used to use this method to reset the LFOs, but with snapshots. Since they added CC64 I don't do it this way anymore):

Reloading the preset when the light turns on results in sound when the light turns off.

Reloading the preset when the light turns off results in sound when the light turns on.

23 hours ago, duncann said:

What the light is doing (I normally have the tap tempo led turned off) in relation to the sound can vary depending on when the LFO reset is sent. So it could be that the light is bright on an upbeat or downbeat, or even anywhere between.

For equipment I use, it's just Helix and a computer with Reaper. That's it. I've never used midi sync because I don't have a reason to. The LFO reset alone achieves what I want. So perhaps some the problems you're having might be because of external equipment and how everything is interacting.

Upon reloading the preset (I used to use this method to reset the LFOs, but with snapshots. Since they added CC64 I don't do it this way anymore):

Reloading the preset when the light turns on results in sound when the light turns off.

Reloading the preset when the light turns off results in sound when the light turns on.

So you are agree with me that the bliking of the light is very strange?

I starting again the test. So my first test i have a metronome set on 40 bpm. The preset that i send to you...

My test :

I load the preset on the 1. Each time the tremolo do sound on 1 no sound on 2 sound on 3 no sound on 4.

It always work even if the light do strange thinks...

I try to invert the tremolo, i physically tap the tap tempo switch on the 2 nothing happend. It seems like the resync don't work if your time is set on note note on HZ.

Sometimes it works and when it works le tremolo begin always with the sound off. So it is inverted.

So first you have right i will turn off the tempo led because it is useless

ok now a second test :

if I use the metronome like the first test with the same preset. and i juste want to double the tempo.  i tap the tap tempo 3 or 4 times (i try twice) It's the always the same the tremolo begin with no sound sound so for me it is inverted..

Duncann can you do this tests for me?

2 hours ago, flop54 said:

I starting again the test. So my first test i have a metronome set on 40 bpm. The preset that i send to you...

My test :

I load the preset on the 1. Each time the tremolo do sound on 1 no sound on 2 sound on 3 no sound on 4.

I try to invert the tremolo, i physically tap the tap tempo switch on the 2 nothing happend. It seems like the resync don't work if your time is set on note note on HZ.

Sometimes it works and when it works le tremolo begin always with the sound off. So it is inverted.

ok now a second test :

if I use the metronome like the first test with the same preset. and i juste want to double the tempo.  i tap the tap tempo 3 or 4 times (i try twice) It's the always the same the tremolo begin with no sound sound so for me it is inverted..

The light and the actual tempo can get misaligned... They’re controlled by different clocks, so they can drift. The light is really just there to give you a quick idea of the tempo.

5 hours ago, flop54 said:

My test :

ok now a second test :

Actually, from what I see, besides the slight drifting as phil_m mentioned, the light is working pretty much in sync with the sound, the settings of the tremolo block, and when an LFO reset signal is sent.

If you're getting sound on the first beat, that means the tremolo's LFO is half way through its speed setting; the tremolo's LFO will always start with no sound. It doesn't care about external timings, where you are in a measure, or beats, it just happily obeys its own settings, unless you have its speed set to note division, which relies on the snapshot, preset, or global setting for BPM. Which might be a component of why you're seeing strange things. A reset still occurs but since the BPM may have been unintentionally changed it will be completely different than what was before. That's why I previously mentioned to set the speed setting to a specific Hz value. To make matters worse, the behavior of this scenario might be variable depending on where the BPM value is coming from: global, preset, snapshot, or an external midi clock. I've already seen that when Helix is receiving an external midi clock an LFO reset doesn't work, so either don't send a clock to Helix or turn Helix's global setting for this off. I don't have enough time to see if the other cases are different. Not sure, but I might have noticed that when the BPM source was set to snapshot and the tremolo's speed was set to note division and LFO resets were sent close together, the BPM changed but the tremolo's LFO acted as if it hadn't, so...

If you want to send LFO resets, and change BPM within a track, I might suggest trying to use snapshots. So take the external midi clock out of the picture, set Helix's tempo select global to per snapshot, then create different snapshots with different BPMs, and make sure the tremolo's speed setting for each snapshot is an appropriate hertz value. If I remember correctly, in the past when I used snapshots to reset LFOs, I noticed I had to first switch to a snapshot I didn't want then switch to the one I did want. If I didn't do that, the LFOs wouldn't reset. Maybe that behavior has changed since, but in any event you could switch to the snapshot and then immediately send CC64.

How this whole thing might work with your other devices, you got me there. It might not work, I just don't know.

Hope this post makes sense, and it's entirely possible I'm completely overthinking this whole thing. To sum up, with Helix by itself or in conjunction with a computer, I still don't see any odd behavior with resetting LFOs.

15 hours ago, phil_m said:

The light and the actual tempo can get misaligned... They’re controlled by different clocks, so they can drift. The light is really just there to give you a quick idea of the tempo.

So what is the advantage about that? for me it's just a disfunction.

17 hours ago, duncann said:

Actually, from what I see, besides the slight drifting as phil_m mentioned, the light is working pretty much in sync with the sound, the settings of the tremolo block, and when an LFO reset signal is sent.

If you're getting sound on the first beat, that means the tremolo's LFO is half way through its speed setting; the tremolo's LFO will always start with no sound. It doesn't care about external timings, where you are in a measure, or beats, it just happily obeys its own settings, unless you have its speed set to note division, which relies on the snapshot, preset, or global setting for BPM. Which might be a component of why you're seeing strange things. A reset still occurs but since the BPM may have been unintentionally changed it will be completely different than what was before. That's why I previously mentioned to set the speed setting to a specific Hz value. To make matters worse, the behavior of this scenario might be variable depending on where the BPM value is coming from: global, preset, snapshot, or an external midi clock. I've already seen that when Helix is receiving an external midi clock an LFO reset doesn't work, so either don't send a clock to Helix or turn Helix's global setting for this off. I don't have enough time to see if the other cases are different. Not sure, but I might have noticed that when the BPM source was set to snapshot and the tremolo's speed was set to note division and LFO resets were sent close together, the BPM changed but the tremolo's LFO acted as if it hadn't, so...

If you want to send LFO resets, and change BPM within a track, I might suggest trying to use snapshots. So take the external midi clock out of the picture, set Helix's tempo select global to per snapshot, then create different snapshots with different BPMs, and make sure the tremolo's speed setting for each snapshot is an appropriate hertz value. If I remember correctly, in the past when I used snapshots to reset LFOs, I noticed I had to first switch to a snapshot I didn't want then switch to the one I did want. If I didn't do that, the LFOs wouldn't reset. Maybe that behavior has changed since, but in any event you could switch to the snapshot and then immediately send CC64.

How this whole thing might work with your other devices, you got me there. It might not work, I just don't know.

Hope this post makes sense, and it's entirely possible I'm completely overthinking this whole thing. To sum up, with Helix by itself or in conjunction with a computer, I still don't see any odd behavior with resetting LFOs. 

I continue to think the line 6 helix don't manage the midi sync very well. There a many clock one for the led one for the fx and one for the midi send and they don't be able to work together. they have the same tempo but they dosen't care about the starting point.

I will try with Hz but I'm sure that what i want to do is not possible now with this unit and i'm very disapointed.

I try many things but what i want to do is not to complicate as well. I just want to use an external fx synchronised with my helix and it is not possible.

I will try now to use the tremolo from the helix but i'm sure it dosen't work all the time.

i have to find some solutions and to hack with many things the unit to do a simple things it's definitely a serious bug for me and that's why line 6 dosen't respond on my support ticket.

Edit :

i tryed with Hz so if i want a tremolo with 80 bpm it's means 1.33Hz but on the helix i can set 1.3 or 1.4 so the tremolo dosen't rest in time  during only one measure.. So it's useless to... the resync seems to work

I've done many many test today and finally the 2.70 have some good add for me.. It's work better with midi sync.. now i need just the FA message to synchronise my others effects.

Hi Line6,
Very happy with my Helix Floor for some years already - now there there seems to be an issue with the 6-Switch-Looper in the 2.70 Update that I would like to ask you to take look at.
I don't know if someone has already encountered that but the looper is showing a behavior that wasn't there before . I would consider it a bug, that's why I put it into this thread.

Trying to use a different snapshot for recording an overdub to the initial looper-sequence seems to be no longer possible - at least not without stopping and restarting the loop. Returning form the snapshot mode into the looper, the looper is switched to "play" mode the overdub option on the record button is gone.
The overdub-option on the record button returs only by stopping and restarting the loop.

This behavior is not very useful and would be a pity if it could not be restored.
I hope, this info is helpful to replicate the scenario i'm trying to describe:  

Pic 0001: Patch
Pic 0002: Recording initial phrase with snapshot 1
Pic 0003: switching to snapshots (by -> Exit -> Mode) changing snapshot to 3
Pic 0004: Returning to looper (by -> Mode -> Looper) overdub option is gone

Thanks in advance.

Tom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 24/10: 
THE DISCRIBED PROBLEM SEEMS TO HAVE DISAPPEARED. 
I have no explaination for it that would fit into any logic (no changings, no updates, no anything) - very mysterious.
I have - as I did of course before posting this  - tested the looper on various patches incl the one i have posted, and everything works fine again.
I am quite sure on my conciousness and did not put that up for fun - the described behavior was definity there.
Does Helix just have bad days ?! 

pic0001.jpg

pic0002.jpg

pic0003.jpg

pic0004.jpg

Edited by TomMx
Edited - because Problem suddenly "disappeared"

29 minutes ago, TomMx said:

Hi Line6,
Very happy with my Helix Floor for some years already - now there there seems to be an issue with the 6-Switch-Looper in the 2.70 Update that I would like to ask you to take look at.
I don't know if someone has already encountered that but the looper is showing a behavior that wasn't there before . I would consider it a bug, that's why I put it into this thread.

Trying to use a different snapshot for recording an overdub to the initial looper-sequence seems to be no longer possible - at least not without stopping and restarting the loop. Returning form the snapshot mode into the looper, the looper is switched to "play" mode the overdub option on the record button is gone.
The overdub-option on the record button returs only by stopping and restarting the loop.

This behavior is not very useful and would be a pity if it could not be restored.
I hope, this info is helpful to replicate the scenario i'm trying to describe:  

Pic 0001: Patch
Pic 0002: Recording initial phrase with snapshot 1
Pic 0003: switching to snapshots (by -> Exit -> Mode) changing snapshot to 3
Pic 0004: Returning to looper (by -> Mode -> Looper) overdub option is gone

Thanks in advance.

Tom

pic0001.jpg

pic0002.jpg

pic0003.jpg

pic0004.jpg

I noticed this issue in the last update. 2.60 I think.

It's not new but I didn't report it. Don't use the looper.

Don't know if someone reported it or if this is affecting only a few users.

On 10/19/2018 at 3:31 PM, jbuhajla said:

What are you playing your Helix through (guitar amp with 4cm, FRFR, studio monitors, etc...)

A tiny little Marshall MG15G at home, which doesn't feed back at all. And various amps and cabs while I'm gigging. Whatever back line the venue has, really. From big nasty Orange cabs, nice bluesy Fender amps, and nasty Marshall stacks. They all scream as soon as I get near them with my Helix. No problem whatsoever if I switch back to my pedal chain.

2 hours ago, DigitalDelay7 said:

A tiny little Marshall MG15G at home, which doesn't feed back at all. And various amps and cabs while I'm gigging. Whatever back line the venue has, really. From big nasty Orange cabs, nice bluesy Fender amps, and nasty Marshall stacks. They all scream as soon as I get near them with my Helix. No problem whatsoever if I switch back to my pedal chain.

It's all about volume. I imagine you have a LOT of volume in your backline when playing live, which will interact with your "vintage" style single coils. Some vintage style pickups can be very microphonic. Then when you are at home, your volume is much less I imagine. You may have your gain staging in the Helix very hot when compared to your instrument level only pedal chain. 

2 hours ago, DigitalDelay7 said:

If you're plugging into actual tube amps, it sounds like you're probably sending them too hot of a signal. Are you using amp modeling on the Helix? Or are you just using the Helix for effects? You'll want to make sure you have the 1/4" outs set to instrument level. Turn the large volume knob up all the way and the input pad off, and that will give you unity gain with everything in the Helix signal chain bypassed.

23 minutes ago, jwoertz said:

Anyone else having a problem with HX Edit 2.7 with Helix firmware 2.7 - specifically with naming effects assigned to foot switches? I can longer do it, won't let me type. I'm on MacOS Mojave 10.14.

I tried it just now, works fine. I updated to 10.14.0 just yesterday.