Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

On 7/10/2019 at 4:58 AM, scias23 said:

Firmware: v2.71.0 HX Stomp
Global Settings: FS1 FS2 TAP
Bug: Cycling through presets with Stereo LA studio comp as the last effect results to a 'volume swell'

(Step by step description of how to reproduce bug)

1. Create multiple direct presets with stereo LA studio comp effect in the end
  2. Cycle through them quickly
  3. There's an audible 'volume swell' when changing from patch to patch

Hi,

I don’t have a HX Stomp to check this out, but simply by reading your description, my guess is you are experiencing the “pumping” effect of compression on an audio signal. The effect is very common on all modern EDM records. I could be wrong and if anyone knows anything different let us know.

On 7/9/2019 at 11:58 PM, scias23 said:

Firmware: v2.71.0 HX Stomp
Global Settings: FS1 FS2 TAP
Bug: Cycling through presets with Stereo LA studio comp as the last effect results to a 'volume swell'

(Step by step description of how to reproduce bug)

1. Create multiple direct presets with stereo LA studio comp effect in the end
  2. Cycle through them quickly
  3. There's an audible 'volume swell' when changing from patch to patch

A couple of things come to mind here. first is what are the compressor settings? You could be gating/limiting the sound depending. Is the Type = "Compress" on the LA Comp?  What are the PeadReduc and Level set to? Also, is this something that happens when you are switching between snapshots or just presets? Is it bypassed in any of the snaps or presets?

One day old helix floor.

Perfect working order when switched on.  Upgraded to 2.71. 

Immediately after this (and after resets and re-installing firmware?several times)

Scribble strip above “mode” switch. 

Totally whited out. 

Every pixel lit. 

49 minutes ago, bruin3182 said:

One day old helix floor.

Perfect working order when switched on.  Upgraded to 2.71. 

Immediately after this (and after resets and re-installing firmware?several times)

Scribble strip above “mode” switch. 

Totally whited out. 

Every pixel lit. 

Hi bruin3182,

Firstly, even though it should not do that - DON'T PANIC!

There are  a few things you can try to fix this - here's several reset procedures you can try.

Turn off your Helix and while turning the power back on, during the startup hold down the combination of foot switches on this list:

LED light Fun

3 & 4 

Test Mode

5 & 6

Global reset

7 & 8

Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs

8 & 9

Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs

9 & 10

Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

10 & 11

Upgrades existing presets to latest format

11 & 12

Clear current preset

5 & 12

Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default

6 & 12

Safe boot mode

I would suggest that you start by holding down FS 10 & 11  to see of that clears the "glitch",

if not try FS 6 & 10, which should enable you to re-install the firmware - if necessary regress to FW 2.70

If this clears the problem fine, if not then simply because it is a brand new unit contact Line 6 Customer Support.

You could contact the place you bought it from and get it swapped out for a new one - it's under warranty.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Bug report

Firmware: 2.80

HX Edit: 2.80

Device: Helix Floor

Bug: Minor bug but after upgrading to 2.80 and restoring my user setlists, one of my user setlists that used every character available for the name now does not display the last character in the setlist name. This persists even after editing the setlist name on the Helix Floor. At least in my case this applies to all setlist names. If you use all of the available characters for a setlist name the final character will not display on the Helix after you "Save". The full setlist name displayed without issue in the prior firmware versions.

50 minutes ago, carltulinius said:

Was updating my Helix floor to 2.8 and now it's just hanging with "Boot failure! Entered Update Model"...   Cannot do anything.

Have I lost my Helix into coma?

Take a look at this thread:

Try restarting the Updater. That seems to have worked for a number of people.

2 minutes ago, vypole said:

Followed instructions on 2.8 update, but “Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!" for two hours, what should i do?

Go here and read through the various solutions that others have found for this situation.

2 minutes ago, vypole said:

Followed instructions on 2.8 update, but “Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!" for two hours, what should i do?

Did you hit the "OK" in the Updater dialog. My upgrade continued normally after doing that. If that does not work try some of the remedies in this thread.

Hi. Installed 2.8 without problems. But there's a bug with the expression pedal. Whenever I engage the wah then go to another snapshot or preset. Exp 1 stays on. It won't go back to exp 2. I have exp 2 assigned to volume. Exp 1 is set to snapshot and exp 2 to global

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Helix LT - v2.8

After every reboot, the Global Setting for XLR output (originally set to line) seems to reset to "Mic".  If I look at the menu, it still says "Line" but there is a significant drop in volume. If I switch it to Mic, then back to Line, the level gets back to normal.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers!

• Sad 1

Helix, hxedit and drivers all updated to 2.80. My laptop is set up for a left-hand mouse. When trying to re-position effects blocks in hxedit, or drag one down to split paths, the primary mouse button (the right one, in this case) is ignored. I can't drag effects blocks at all.

When using a right-hand orientation, works as expected.

Helix Floor, firmware 2.80.

Bug

1. Set Global Settings -> Footswitches -> Preset Mode Switches to "Stomp/Snap".

2. Navigate to an empty preset.

What is expected

The Footswitches are in Stomp/Snap mode.

What actually happens

The footswitches are now in Stomp/Preset mode for every preset.

Workaround?

1. Go to a preset that is not empty.

2. Set Global Settings -> Footswitches -> Preset Mode Switches to "Stomp/Snap".

HELIX LT 2.80

After restoring my presets, expression pedal settings were changed on all of them and when I try to set them back to normal, it won't save them. I tried to change it in global settings but changing it to "preset/snapshot/global" seems to do nothing... Like it gets stuck on the EXP I currently select.

This happens even if I create a new preset, for example (01A) set on EXP 1 (red led). After saving it and making sure "preset" is selected in the expression pedal settings, I select another preset (01B) and select EXP 2 (green led). When I go back to 01A, EXP 2 is still on instead of the one I previously saved it on!

Turning it on and off doesn't make any difference either. I already tried some restart combinations too and it only rebuilds my presets but the bug persists.

Also I have an external pedal controlled by the Helix MIDI OUT. When turning it off and then back on, it sends a MIDI message I never set to my external pedal and I can't stop it from doing it.

Everything was great until I found this huge bug. I can't really use it like this so I had to go back to 2.71.

Is it maybe something I’m doing wrong?

• Upvote 1

Helix Rack+Control, 2.8

BUG: I don’t have this available on my Globals

Pedal Position Indicator

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control
A new Global Settings > Displays > Pedal Position Display parameter lets you determine whether the scribble strip above the expression pedal temporarily displays the expression pedal position ("Temporary") or remains visible ("Persistent").

• Upvote 1

Continuing bug in HX Edit 2.80:

One can only Export presets to the C: Drive on a Win 10 64 Bit machine. If you try to Export Preset to another hard drive, for example an F: Drive hard disk, HX Edit will let you hit save, but when you view the folder, no file was saved.

Can you fix this in the next update?

It's a pain in the butt to Export File to the C: Drive and then need to move the file in a separate operation to your music drive.

After updating to 2.80, my expression pedal 2 didn't function at all.  I realized this with about 4 hours before a gig, glad I did at least.  Was looking for a way to calibrate it, till I remembered the Helix is supposed to do that automatically.  Couldn't find a fix and am now back to 2.71.  The expression pedal back to normal.  Very hesitant to try the update again at this point, since I rely on that pedal a lot.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DrBonkersSndLab said:

Continuing bug in HX Edit 2.80:

One can only Export presets to the C: Drive on a Win 10 64 Bit machine. If you try to Export Preset to another hard drive, for example an F: Drive hard disk, HX Edit will let you hit save, but when you view the folder, no file was saved.

Can you fix this in the next update?

It's a pain in the butt to Export File to the C: Drive and then need to move the file in a separate operation to your music drive.

I am on Helix Floor using HX Edit 2.80 on a Win 10 x64 machine and I can not confirm this bug. The save works just fine for me to other drives. I did notice that I get different style dialog boxes when I export one preset versus multiple presets. Don't remember that happening before (although maybe it did) but everything works just fine. This problem may be specific to your setup. 

I found a bug in 2.8: Foot Control Editing Returns to Wrong Page.

Updated Helix Rack and Control to 2.8 without any issues during the update.

When editing a preset using the foot controller, your current editing location within the blocks is not remembered.

With a foot controller, edit a preset that has many blocks in it.
Press MORE to go to the next page of blocks.
Select a block as if you were going to edit it.
Press BACK.
Instead of being returned to the second page of blocks, you are taken to the first page of blocks.
You must then press MORE to get back to the second page of blocks.

Same issue as a couple others when running Helix 2.8 out the XLRs. I reset the global settings for Line output on the XLR after the update. However, now when I turn on, regardless of it saying it's set to Line in the Global settings, it puts out a Mic level signal. If I toggle to Mic and back to Line I get my 14db back but it requires a manual adjustment each time I turn on. 

• Upvote 2

Helix FLoor 2.8

Recently updated, Noticed on gig last night that there's a significant delay in the state if the footswitch when in stomp mode,  if i hit say, a screamer, the light indicator is clearly delayed, only by milliseconds but long enough me to consider if I have actually pressed it whilst mind is in gig mode...

I seem to remember this had happened before could have been 2.7 and was fixed in 2.71

Not 100% sure that the switching is as quick, I'll prob roll back as using mine live 3-4 time per week currently, anyone else seen or noticed this?

Footswitch 2 dim light goes off. Firmware 2.8.

An easy to replicate bug.

4stomp/4snap mode, in general settings "dim/bright" switches.

Create an empty preset. Insert FX block anywhere into chain. Assign bypass to footswitch 2. Press "MODE" to enter stomp mode. Voila, FS2 light goes off. Return to previous mode, still off. You can touch the FS or click bypass to have light return, but still, it goes off changing between modes. Tried on other switches, all normal.

Yes, globals and everything were reset when upgrading fw.

8 hours ago, requietus666 said:

Footswitch 2 dim light goes off. Firmware 2.8.

An easy to replicate bug.

4stomp/4snap mode, in general settings "dim/bright" switches.

Create an empty preset. Insert FX block anywhere into chain. Assign bypass to footswitch 2. Press "MODE" to enter stomp mode. Voila, FS2 light goes off. Return to previous mode, still off. You can touch the FS or click bypass to have light return, but still, it goes off changing between modes. Tried on other switches, all normal.

Yes, globals and everything were reset when upgrading fw.

Set this up per your settings and I can't recreate this bug on my Helix (2.8 release).  My FS2 switch LED ring retains the correct settings when switching modes.

19 minutes ago, requietus666 said:

once the blinking tap tempo switch is enabled, the problem disappears, indeed. But I always turn off the tap tempo led

Good catch! I can confirm I see the same thing. When I disable the tap tempo LED the LED ring on FS2 no longer reflects its bypass state properly when I switch to stomp mode. Turn tap tempo LED back on and it is working properly. I think this is a legit bug.

I am experiencing a bug in controlling my amp using "Ext Amp" commands. My amp (Mesa Lonestar Special) has a stereo cable jack for controlling channel switching and boost. Tip (latching) is for channel switch and ring (latching) is for the boost.  My helix is set up using snapshots. I have "Ext Amp 1 Tip" assigned to a switch. The state of this switch I save per snapshot (Clean/Distortion) . Secondly, I have configured the expression pedal switch ( which btw, is INCREDIBLY hard to press/activate) to control the "Ext Amp 2 Ring". Whenever I am in my distortion channel and want to activate the boost, my amp switched back to the clean channel as the boost gets enabled. I have tested with a meter and what seems to be happening is, if "Ext Amp 1 Tip" is engaged and latching, them Ext Amp 2 Ring is also engaged by the expression pedal switch, "Ext Amp 1 Tip" latch is released, causing my amp to go back to it's default channel. I tested assigning the Ext Amp 2 Ring to any pedal and this bug persists.

I have been using this configuration for a long time with no problems. I have three shows this week, I guess my work around will be to go back to the mesa pedal for the boost functionality. Bummer, I hope this gets addressed soon.

• Upvote 2

On 7/20/2019 at 8:33 AM, PierM said:

Helix Rack+Control, 2.8

BUG: I don’t have this available on my Globals

Pedal Position Indicator

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control
A new Global Settings > Displays > Pedal Position Display parameter lets you determine whether the scribble strip above the expression pedal temporarily displays the expression pedal position ("Temporary") or remains visible ("Persistent").

Same question here plus I’m having an issue on my Control display with percentage showing up every few seconds even when I’m not using my Line 6 Mission spring loaded pedal. Be nice if you could turn the that function off altogether.

Possible 2.80 bug

Helix Floor & Helix Edit

I've seen my Helix Edit program lose connection with the Helix floor several times since the update. There doesn't seem to be any specific trigger. I've had it stay connected for hours, until I shut everything down and I've seen connection lost within 10 minutes of powering and starting up.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:45 PM, blue_apple said:

Helix LT - v2.8

After every reboot, the Global Setting for XLR output (originally set to line) seems to reset to "Mic".  If I look at the menu, it still says "Line" but there is a significant drop in volume. If I switch it to Mic, then back to Line, the level gets back to normal.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers!

Makes perfect sense. Also happens to me, that’s what I came looking for.

atvevery start up. Have to go to Global settings and move the knob to mic, then back to line to correct it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, lincolnpbarr said:

I am experiencing a bug in controlling my amp using "Ext Amp" commands. My amp (Mesa Lonestar Special) has a stereo cable jack for controlling channel switching and boost. Tip (latching) is for channel switch and ring (latching) is for the boost.  My helix is set up using snapshots. I have "Ext Amp 1 Tip" assigned to a switch. The state of this switch I save per snapshot (Clean/Distortion) . Secondly, I have configured the expression pedal switch ( which btw, is INCREDIBLY hard to press/activate) to control the "Ext Amp 2 Ring". Whenever I am in my distortion channel and want to activate the boost, my amp switched back to the clean channel as the boost gets enabled. I have tested with a meter and what seems to be happening is, if "Ext Amp 1 Tip" is engaged and latching, them Ext Amp 2 Ring is also engaged by the expression pedal switch, "Ext Amp 1 Tip" latch is released, causing my amp to go back to it's default channel. I tested assigning the Ext Amp 2 Ring to any pedal and this bug persists.

I have been using this configuration for a long time with no problems. I have three shows this week, I guess my work around will be to go back to the mesa pedal for the boost functionality. Bummer, I hope this gets addressed soon.

I've got the same issue in combination with my H&K Deluxe 20. I'm thinking about downgrading to 2.71 if theres is no solution.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:19 AM, arthurspence said:

Following 2.8 upgrade, the mode switch (button 6) turns off snapshot 1 LED (Button 2)

Anyone else noticed this?

I have the same bug, when i enter to stomp mode its off until i press it again, and when i come back to preset mode happens the same, off until i press the switch again