Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

Hi. Installed 2.8 without problems. But there's a bug with the expression pedal. Whenever I engage the wah then go to another snapshot or preset. Exp 1 stays on. It won't go back to exp 2. I have exp 2 assigned to volume. Exp 1 is set to snapshot and exp 2 to global

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Helix LT - v2.8

Ā 

After every reboot, the Global Setting for XLR outputĀ (originally set to line) seems to reset to "Mic".Ā  If I look at the menu, it still says "Line" but there isĀ a significant drop in volume. If I switch it to Mic, then back to Line, the level gets back to normal.

Ā 

I hope that makes sense.

Ā 

Cheers!

• Sad 1

Helix, hxedit and drivers all updated to 2.80. My laptop is set up for a left-hand mouse. When trying to re-positionĀ effects blocks inĀ hxedit, or drag one down to split paths, the primary mouse button (the right one, in this case) is ignored. I can't drag effects blocks at all.

Ā 

When using a right-hand orientation, works as expected.

Helix Floor, firmware 2.80.

Ā 

Bug

1. Set Global Settings -> Footswitches -> Preset Mode Switches to "Stomp/Snap".

2. Navigate to an empty preset.

Ā 

What is expected

The Footswitches are in Stomp/Snap mode.

Ā 

What actually happens

The footswitches are now in Stomp/Preset mode for every preset.

Ā 

Workaround?

1. Go to a preset that is not empty.

2. Set Global Settings -> Footswitches -> Preset Mode Switches to "Stomp/Snap".

HELIX LT 2.80

Ā 

After restoring my presets, expression pedal settings were changed on all of them and whenĀ I try to set them back to normal, it won't save them. I tried to change it in global settings but changingĀ itĀ to "preset/snapshot/global"Ā seems to do nothing...Ā Like it gets stuck on the EXP I currently select.

This happens even if I create a new preset, for example (01A)Ā set onĀ EXP 1 (red led). After saving it and making sure "preset" is selected in the expression pedal settings, I select another preset (01B) and selectĀ EXP 2 (green led). When I goĀ back to 01A,Ā EXP 2 is still on instead of the one I previously saved it on!

Turning it on and off doesn't make any difference either. I already tried some restart combinations too and it only rebuilds my presets but the bug persists.

Also I have an external pedal controlled by theĀ Helix MIDI OUT. WhenĀ turning it off andĀ then back on, it sends a MIDI message I never set to my external pedalĀ and I can't stop it from doing it.

Ā 

Everything was great until I found this huge bug. I can't really use it like this so I had to go back to 2.71.

Ā 

Is it maybe something Iā€™mĀ doing wrong?

• Upvote 1

Helix Rack+Control, 2.8

Ā 

BUG: I donā€™t have this available on my Globals

Ā 

Pedal Position Indicator

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control
A new Global Settings > Displays > Pedal Position Display parameter lets you determine whether the scribble strip above the expression pedal temporarily displays the expression pedal position ("Temporary") or remains visible ("Persistent").

• Upvote 1

Continuing bug in HX Edit 2.80:

Ā 

One can only Export presets to the C: Drive on a Win 10 64 Bit machine. IfĀ you try to Export Preset to another hard drive, for example an F: Drive hard disk, HX Edit will let you hit save, but when you view the folder, no file was saved.

Ā 

Can you fix this in the next update?

Ā 

It's a pain in the butt to Export File to the C: Drive and then need to move the file in a separate operation to your music drive.

After updating to 2.80, my expression pedal 2 didn't function at all.Ā  I realized this with about 4 hours before a gig, glad I did at least.Ā  Was looking for a way to calibrate it, till I remembered the Helix is supposed to do that automatically.Ā  Couldn't find a fix and am now back to 2.71.Ā  The expression pedal back to normal.Ā  Very hesitant to try the update again at this point, since I rely on that pedal a lot.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DrBonkersSndLab said:

Continuing bug in HX Edit 2.80:

Ā 

One can only Export presets to the C: Drive on a Win 10 64 Bit machine. IfĀ you try to Export Preset to another hard drive, for example an F: Drive hard disk, HX Edit will let you hit save, but when you view the folder, no file was saved.

Ā 

Can you fix this in the next update?

Ā 

It's a pain in the butt to Export File to the C: Drive and then need to move the file in a separate operation to your music drive.

Ā 

I am on Helix Floor using HX Edit 2.80 on a Win 10 x64 machine and I can not confirm this bug. The save works just fine for me to other drives. I did notice that I get different style dialog boxes when I export one preset versus multiple presets. Don't remember that happening before (although maybe it did) but everything works just fine. This problem may be specific to your setup.Ā 

I found a bug in 2.8: Foot Control Editing Returns to Wrong Page.

Ā 

Updated Helix Rack and Control to 2.8 without any issues during the update.
Ā 
When editing a preset using the foot controller, your current editing location within the blocks is not remembered.
Ā 
With a foot controller, edit a preset that has many blocks in it.
Press MORE to go to the next page of blocks.
Select a block as if you were going to edit it.
Press BACK.
Instead of being returned to the second page of blocks, you are taken to the first page of blocks.
You must then press MORE to get back to the second page of blocks.

Same issue as a couple others when running Helix 2.8 out the XLRs. I reset the global settings for Line output on the XLR after the update. However, now when I turn on, regardless of it saying it's set to Line in the Global settings, it puts out a Mic level signal. If I toggle to Mic and back to Line I get my 14db back but it requires a manual adjustment each time I turn on.Ā 

• Upvote 2

Helix FLoor 2.8

Recently updated, Noticed on gig last night that there's a significant delay in the state if the footswitch when in stomp mode,Ā  if i hit say, a screamer, the light indicator is clearly delayed, only by milliseconds but long enough me to consider if I have actually pressed it whilst mind is in gig mode...

I seem to remember this had happened before could have been 2.7 and was fixed in 2.71

Not 100% sure that the switching is as quick, I'll prob roll back as using mine live 3-4 time per week currently, anyone else seen or noticed this?

Footswitch 2 dim light goes off. Firmware 2.8.

An easy to replicate bug.

4stomp/4snap mode, in general settings "dim/bright" switches.

Create an empty preset. Insert FX block anywhere into chain. Assign bypass to footswitch 2. Press "MODE" to enter stomp mode. Voila, FS2 light goes off. Return to previous mode, still off. You can touch the FS or click bypass to have light return, but still, it goes off changing between modes. Tried on other switches, all normal.

Ā 

Yes, globals and everything were reset when upgrading fw.

8 hours ago, requietus666 said:

Footswitch 2 dim light goes off. Firmware 2.8.

An easy to replicate bug.

4stomp/4snap mode, in general settings "dim/bright" switches.

Create an empty preset. Insert FX block anywhere into chain. Assign bypass to footswitch 2. Press "MODE" to enter stomp mode. Voila, FS2 light goes off. Return to previous mode, still off. You can touch the FS or click bypass to have light return, but still, it goes off changing between modes. Tried on other switches, all normal.

Ā 

Yes, globals and everything were reset when upgrading fw.

Ā 

Set this up per your settings and I can't recreate this bug on my Helix (2.8 release).Ā  My FS2 switch LED ring retains the correct settings when switching modes.

19 minutes ago, requietus666 said:

once the blinking tap tempo switch is enabled, the problem disappears, indeed. But I always turn off the tap tempo led

Ā 

Good catch! I can confirm I see the same thing. When I disable the tap tempo LED the LED ring on FS2 no longer reflects its bypass state properly when I switch to stomp mode. Turn tap tempo LED back on and it is working properly. I think this is a legit bug.

I am experiencing a bug in controlling my amp using "Ext Amp" commands. My amp (Mesa Lonestar Special) has a stereo cable jack for controlling channel switching and boost. Tip (latching) is for channel switch and ring (latching) is for the boost. Ā My helix is set up using snapshots. I have "Ext Amp 1 Tip" assigned to a switch. The state of this switch I save per snapshot (Clean/Distortion) . Secondly, I have configured the expression pedal switch ( which btw, is INCREDIBLY hard to press/activate) to control the "Ext Amp 2 Ring". Whenever I am in my distortion channel and want to activate the boost, my amp switched back to the clean channel as the boost gets enabled. I have tested with a meter and what seems to be happening is, if "Ext Amp 1 Tip" is engaged and latching, themĀ Ext Amp 2Ā Ring is also engaged by the expression pedal switch,Ā "Ext Amp 1 Tip" latch is released, causing my amp to go back to it's default channel. I tested assigning theĀ Ext Amp 2Ā Ring to any pedal and this bug persists.

Ā 

I have been using this configuration for a long time with no problems. I have three shows this week, I guess my work around will be to go back to the mesa pedal for the boost functionality. Bummer, I hope this gets addressed soon.

• Upvote 2

On 7/20/2019 at 8:33 AM, PierM said:

Helix Rack+Control, 2.8

Ā 

BUG: I donā€™t have this available on my Globals

Ā 

Pedal Position Indicator

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control
A new Global Settings > Displays > Pedal Position Display parameter lets you determine whether the scribble strip above the expression pedal temporarily displays the expression pedal position ("Temporary") or remains visible ("Persistent").

Same question here plus Iā€™m having anĀ issue on my Control display with percentage showing up every few seconds even when Iā€™m not using my Line 6 Mission spring loaded pedal. Be nice if you could turn the that function off altogether.

Possible 2.80 bug

Helix Floor & Helix Edit

Ā 

I've seen my Helix Edit program lose connection with the Helix floor several times since the update. There doesn't seem to be any specific trigger. I've had it stay connected for hours, until I shut everything down and I've seen connection lost within 10 minutes of powering and starting up.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:45 PM, blue_apple said:

Helix LT - v2.8

Ā 

After every reboot, the Global Setting for XLR outputĀ (originally set to line) seems to reset to "Mic".Ā  If I look at the menu, it still says "Line" but there isĀ a significant drop in volume. If I switch it to Mic, then back to Line, the level gets back to normal.

Ā 

I hope that makes sense.

Ā 

Cheers!

Makes perfect sense. Also happens to me, thatā€™s what I came looking for.

atvevery start up. Have to go to GlobalĀ settings and move the knob to mic, then back to line to correct it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, lincolnpbarr said:

I am experiencing a bug in controlling my amp using "Ext Amp" commands. My amp (Mesa Lonestar Special) has a stereo cable jack for controlling channel switching and boost. Tip (latching) is for channel switch and ring (latching) is for the boost. Ā My helix is set up using snapshots. I have "Ext Amp 1 Tip" assigned to a switch. The state of this switch I save per snapshot (Clean/Distortion) . Secondly, I have configured the expression pedal switch ( which btw, is INCREDIBLY hard to press/activate) to control the "Ext Amp 2 Ring". Whenever I am in my distortion channel and want to activate the boost, my amp switched back to the clean channel as the boost gets enabled. I have tested with a meter and what seems to be happening is, if "Ext Amp 1 Tip" is engaged and latching, themĀ Ext Amp 2Ā Ring is also engaged by the expression pedal switch,Ā "Ext Amp 1 Tip" latch is released, causing my amp to go back to it's default channel. I tested assigning theĀ Ext Amp 2Ā Ring to any pedal and this bug persists.

Ā 

I have been using this configuration for a long time with no problems. I have three shows this week, I guess my work around will be to go back to the mesa pedal for the boost functionality. Bummer, I hope this gets addressed soon.

Ā 

I've got the same issue in combination with my H&K Deluxe 20. I'm thinking about downgrading to 2.71 if theres is no solution.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:19 AM, arthurspence said:

Following 2.8 upgrade, the mode switch (button 6) turns off snapshot 1 LED (Button 2)

Anyone else noticed this?

I have the same bug, when i enter to stomp mode its off until i press it again, and when i come back to preset mode happens the same, off until i press the switch again

BUG (I am on 2.8 on a Helix Stomp): Wait parameter (Bypass Assign) not working with midi.

On the auto engage Function, the "Wait" parameter only works with directly attached EXP Pedals, NOT over Midi. The Wait parameter has no effect when I use an EXP pedal connected to my midi footswitch which sends over CC127 - works fine when I connect an exp pedal directly to the Helix Stomp.

Prior to 2.8, if a switch had more than one block assigned, its label defaulted to "MULTIPLE (2)", but when you went to customize it, it defaulted to the name of whichever block was currently active, i.e., had its parameters showing. For instance, for a switch that turned on a drive and an EQ, you'd want to name it after the drive, not the EQ, and not "MULTIPLE (2)". To do that easily, if you made the drive block active then hit Customize, the label would default to the name of the drive. That was very handy, since you didn't have to type out the name of the main block.

As of 2.8 that no longer works, customizing it defaults to "MULTIPLE (2)", same as the default label. Is there some other way to copy a block name into the switch label? If not I'd consider this a bug. Not a showstopper obviously, but worth fixing.

On 7/20/2019 at 12:59 PM, HonestOpinion said:

Ā 

I am on Helix Floor using HX Edit 2.80 on a Win 10 x64 machine and I can not confirm this bug. The save works just fine for me to other drives. I did notice that I get different style dialog boxes when I export one preset versus multiple presets. Don't remember that happening before (although maybe it did) but everything works just fine. This problem may be specific to your setup.Ā 

Hi @HonestOpinion,

Ā 

I seem to have replied yesterday with screen shots showing the behavior, but for some reason they were removed from the thread with not even a PM to me explaining why.

Let me re-post again.

InĀ the below two screen shots you will see, I try to save a preset to my F: drive folder. But after clicking save, the file is not in the folder.

119555843_DIalogScreen.PNG.d744fb064ad374108b49d8db2683760e.PNGNoFileSave.PNG.ba056f7888e7227b455237c8905f4086.PNG

Ā 

Now with the same preset I open the dialog and save to me desktop, you will see it saves successfully to my desktop.

All my other programs save files perfectly to my F: drive, including Fractal Audio Axe-Edit, so I seriously doubt thisĀ  is a local computer or drive problem, but rather it is an HX-Edit issue.

1106248016_DialogScreentoDesktop.PNG.677002642f3fc0237ec7c76106640af4.PNG

DesktopFieSave.PNG.78ccd0e53945623075c1f4f818e6bd95.PNG

Ā 

Possible Bug when Selecting Tuner using Footswitch

Using Helix Rack and Control

After a successful 2.8 update, I restored all stock presets and set lists.

I then tried to enable the tuner using the Control tuner switch.Ā  I held the tuner switch down longer than needed to set a tempo, but shorter than needed to enable the tuner.Ā  The Helix Rack and Control both locked up.Ā  Audio would not pass and the only solution was the cycle the power.

Not sure if it matters, but I was on preset 01A on Factory 1.

Using Helix Rack and Control with Mission Engineering Switched Expression Pedal.

Frequently, the Control display shows 0% as if the expression pedal has been moved.Ā  It can be distracting.Ā  Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity or provide an option to disable the display of the expression pedal movement?

Ā 

Thanks!

After upgrading to 2.8 from 2.71, I needed to go back to 2.71.Ā  During the firmware update from 2.8 to 2.71, "2.8" is mentioned a couple times.Ā  This can be confusing to others who are also downgrading.

Ā 

The first mention is after the firmware image is downloaded.Ā  It is the page that mentions the Command Center Hotkeys feature.

Ā 

The second mention is when the first part of the update is complete.

Ā 

I used the Line 6 Updater that came with HX Edit for 2.8 to perform this downgrade to 2.71.

Ā 

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Alex_Schcs said:

ļ»æļ»æI have the same bug, when i enter to stomp mode its off until i press it again, and when i come back to preset mode happens the same, off until i press the switch again

There's a couple of similar posts, it happens when the flashing tuner/tap-tempo LED is set to off in global settings /display. I'm sure L6 will fix it for us.

15 hours ago, VGK17 said:

Possible 2.80 bug

Helix Floor & Helix Edit

Ā 

I've seen my Helix Edit program lose connection with the Helix floor several times since the update. There doesn't seem to be any specific trigger. I've had it stay connected for hours, until I shut everything down and I've seen connection lost within 10 minutes of powering and starting up.

Ā 

Yep, same thing happening here.Ā  It loses connection about once every minute.Ā  Extremely frustrating.Ā  Going to try and completely reinstall HX Edit to see if that fixes it...

1 hour ago, mrmichaelgibson said:

Ā 

Yep, same thing happening here.Ā  It loses connection about once every minute.Ā  Extremely frustrating.Ā  Going to try and completely reinstall HX Edit to see if that fixes it...

FYI - I deleted then reinstalled HX Edit, same issue.Ā  Ā However, I did a full factory reset on the Helix (holding buttons 9 & 10 and starting) and that fixed it :)

18 hours ago, carlito17 said:

Same question here plus Iā€™m having anĀ issue on my Control display with percentage showing up every few seconds even when Iā€™m not using my Line 6 Mission spring loaded pedal. Be nice if you could turn the that function off altogether.

Ā 

Same here and itā€™s terrible. I have 2 pedals, and thatā€™s a constant flashing of percentage, event when itā€™s all completely static.

5 hours ago, DrBonkersSndLab said:

Hi @HonestOpinion,

Ā 

I seem to have replied yesterday with screen shots showing the behavior, but for some reason they were removed from the thread with not even a PM to me explaining why.

Let me re-post again.

InĀ the below two screen shots you will see, I try to save a preset to my F: drive folder. But after clicking save, the file is not in the folder.

119555843_DIalogScreen.PNG.d744fb064ad374108b49d8db2683760e.PNGNoFileSave.PNG.ba056f7888e7227b455237c8905f4086.PNG

Ā 

Now with the same preset I open the dialog and save to me desktop, you will see it saves successfully to my desktop.

All my other programs save files perfectly to my F: drive, including Fractal Audio Axe-Edit, so I seriously doubt thisĀ  is a local computer or drive problem, but rather it is an HX-Edit issue.

1106248016_DialogScreentoDesktop.PNG.677002642f3fc0237ec7c76106640af4.PNG

DesktopFieSave.PNG.78ccd0e53945623075c1f4f818e6bd95.PNG

Ā 

Ā 

Strange, have you tried another directory on that drive? Could be a bug, just not having this issue on my setup. I'm curious, when you highlight for example two or three presets simultaneously and export them all at the same time(which supplies a different style dialog box on my PC) does it export them successfully to this directory or any directory on your F: drive?