Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

BUG (I am on 2.8 on a Helix Stomp): Wait parameter (Bypass Assign) not working with midi.

On the auto engage Function, the "Wait" parameter only works with directly attached EXP Pedals, NOT over Midi. The Wait parameter has no effect when I use an EXP pedal connected to my midi footswitch which sends over CC127 - works fine when I connect an exp pedal directly to the Helix Stomp.

Prior to 2.8, if a switch had more than one block assigned, its label defaulted to "MULTIPLE (2)", but when you went to customize it, it defaulted to the name of whichever block was currently active, i.e., had its parameters showing. For instance, for a switch that turned on a drive and an EQ, you'd want to name it after the drive, not the EQ, and not "MULTIPLE (2)". To do that easily, if you made the drive block active then hit Customize, the label would default to the name of the drive. That was very handy, since you didn't have to type out the name of the main block.

As of 2.8 that no longer works, customizing it defaults to "MULTIPLE (2)", same as the default label. Is there some other way to copy a block name into the switch label? If not I'd consider this a bug. Not a showstopper obviously, but worth fixing.

On 7/20/2019 at 12:59 PM, HonestOpinion said:

I am on Helix Floor using HX Edit 2.80 on a Win 10 x64 machine and I can not confirm this bug. The save works just fine for me to other drives. I did notice that I get different style dialog boxes when I export one preset versus multiple presets. Don't remember that happening before (although maybe it did) but everything works just fine. This problem may be specific to your setup. 

Hi @HonestOpinion,

I seem to have replied yesterday with screen shots showing the behavior, but for some reason they were removed from the thread with not even a PM to me explaining why.

Let me re-post again.

In the below two screen shots you will see, I try to save a preset to my F: drive folder. But after clicking save, the file is not in the folder.

119555843_DIalogScreen.PNG.d744fb064ad374108b49d8db2683760e.PNGNoFileSave.PNG.ba056f7888e7227b455237c8905f4086.PNG

Now with the same preset I open the dialog and save to me desktop, you will see it saves successfully to my desktop.

All my other programs save files perfectly to my F: drive, including Fractal Audio Axe-Edit, so I seriously doubt this  is a local computer or drive problem, but rather it is an HX-Edit issue.

1106248016_DialogScreentoDesktop.PNG.677002642f3fc0237ec7c76106640af4.PNG

DesktopFieSave.PNG.78ccd0e53945623075c1f4f818e6bd95.PNG

Possible Bug when Selecting Tuner using Footswitch

Using Helix Rack and Control

After a successful 2.8 update, I restored all stock presets and set lists.

I then tried to enable the tuner using the Control tuner switch.  I held the tuner switch down longer than needed to set a tempo, but shorter than needed to enable the tuner.  The Helix Rack and Control both locked up.  Audio would not pass and the only solution was the cycle the power.

Not sure if it matters, but I was on preset 01A on Factory 1.

Using Helix Rack and Control with Mission Engineering Switched Expression Pedal.

Frequently, the Control display shows 0% as if the expression pedal has been moved.  It can be distracting.  Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity or provide an option to disable the display of the expression pedal movement?

Thanks!

After upgrading to 2.8 from 2.71, I needed to go back to 2.71.  During the firmware update from 2.8 to 2.71, "2.8" is mentioned a couple times.  This can be confusing to others who are also downgrading.

The first mention is after the firmware image is downloaded.  It is the page that mentions the Command Center Hotkeys feature.

The second mention is when the first part of the update is complete.

I used the Line 6 Updater that came with HX Edit for 2.8 to perform this downgrade to 2.71.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Alex_Schcs said:

I have the same bug, when i enter to stomp mode its off until i press it again, and when i come back to preset mode happens the same, off until i press the switch again

There's a couple of similar posts, it happens when the flashing tuner/tap-tempo LED is set to off in global settings /display. I'm sure L6 will fix it for us.

15 hours ago, VGK17 said:

Possible 2.80 bug

Helix Floor & Helix Edit

I've seen my Helix Edit program lose connection with the Helix floor several times since the update. There doesn't seem to be any specific trigger. I've had it stay connected for hours, until I shut everything down and I've seen connection lost within 10 minutes of powering and starting up.

Yep, same thing happening here.  It loses connection about once every minute.  Extremely frustrating.  Going to try and completely reinstall HX Edit to see if that fixes it...

1 hour ago, mrmichaelgibson said:

Yep, same thing happening here.  It loses connection about once every minute.  Extremely frustrating.  Going to try and completely reinstall HX Edit to see if that fixes it...

FYI - I deleted then reinstalled HX Edit, same issue.   However, I did a full factory reset on the Helix (holding buttons 9 & 10 and starting) and that fixed it :)

18 hours ago, carlito17 said:

Same question here plus I’m having an issue on my Control display with percentage showing up every few seconds even when I’m not using my Line 6 Mission spring loaded pedal. Be nice if you could turn the that function off altogether.

Same here and it’s terrible. I have 2 pedals, and that’s a constant flashing of percentage, event when it’s all completely static.

5 hours ago, DrBonkersSndLab said:

Hi @HonestOpinion,

I seem to have replied yesterday with screen shots showing the behavior, but for some reason they were removed from the thread with not even a PM to me explaining why.

Let me re-post again.

In the below two screen shots you will see, I try to save a preset to my F: drive folder. But after clicking save, the file is not in the folder.

119555843_DIalogScreen.PNG.d744fb064ad374108b49d8db2683760e.PNGNoFileSave.PNG.ba056f7888e7227b455237c8905f4086.PNG

Now with the same preset I open the dialog and save to me desktop, you will see it saves successfully to my desktop.

All my other programs save files perfectly to my F: drive, including Fractal Audio Axe-Edit, so I seriously doubt this  is a local computer or drive problem, but rather it is an HX-Edit issue.

Strange, have you tried another directory on that drive? Could be a bug, just not having this issue on my setup. I'm curious, when you highlight for example two or three presets simultaneously and export them all at the same time(which supplies a different style dialog box on my PC) does it export them successfully to this directory or any directory on your F: drive?

3 hours ago, mrmichaelgibson said:

Are you by chance sending any MIDI messages to the unit, or are you hooked up to a DAW?  There is a known issue where rapid Program Change messages can sometimes cause HX Edit to disconnect. 

HX Effects, 2.80

There seems to be a weird bug on both the exp jacks: I use EXP 1 for my expression pedal (Mission lp1-l6) and EXP 2 in Amp 2 mode to switch channels and the graphic eq of my Mesa Mark V25; well, after installing 2.80 EXP 1 doesn't seem to recognize any expression pedal connected there, and there's a weird malfunction on EXP 2 ring which doesn't latch and somehow resets the EXP 2 tip state (por example, if I switch Amp 2 T to activate channel 2 and then I press Amp 2 R for the amp's graphic eq, i get back to channel 1 and the graphic eq never turns on).

Also the settings on command center are now all over the place, even after restoring from backup; i had to manually reset every button I use for channel and eq switching. 

13 hours ago, DrBonkersSndLab said:

Hi @HonestOpinion,

Let me re-post again.

Nothing new it didnt work to save on other drives on previous firmware either

in fact dont think it never worked to save on a different hd than the system drive.

But i welcome if they make it possible

2 hours ago, Guitarmaniac64 said:

Nothing new it didnt work to save on other drives on previous firmware either

in fact dont think it never worked to save on a different hd than the system drive.

But i welcome if they make it possible

Has not been my experience. Mine has always saved to other drives in previous versions and still does in 2.8.

On 7/22/2019 at 10:18 AM, DrBonkersSndLab said:

Hi @HonestOpinion,

Let me re-post again.

A couple of more things occurred to me to try if you have not already. Create a new directory on the F: drive and make sure you give permissions to "Everyone" to try to eliminate permissions problems. Also if you haven't already, try saving a preset other than the one named "TEMPLATE". You just want to make that your preset does not have a name that could have even a remote chance of being reserved.

After updating from 2.71 to 2.8 I have noticed that I can no longer use the touch sensitive foot switches to copy a snapshot from one location to another.  (i.e. while touching foot switch #2 I could touch foot switch #5 and get prompted to copy snapshot 2 to 5).  The simultaneous touch still prompts me to swap snapshots.  Is there a setting I am missing?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jimmons2002 said:

After updating from 2.71 to 2.8 I have noticed that I can no longer use the touch sensitive foot switches to copy a snapshot from one location to another.  (i.e. while touching foot switch #2 I could touch foot switch #5 and get prompted to copy snapshot 2 to 5).  The simultaneous touch still prompts me to swap snapshots.  Is there a setting I am missing?

As I understand, there’s a bug that’s affecting this in the Preset Mode views that show snapshot, but it should still work in actual Snapshot Mode. Line 6 is aware of it and is planning to fix it in 2.80.1.

• Thanks 2

Helix LT

Firmware: 2.80.0 
Global Settings: Preset mode switches: Snap/Stomp   Snapshot Mode Switches: Auto Return

Helix LT can get stuck in Preset/Stomp mode when it's actually set to Snap/Stomp in Global Settings.

1. In performance view, press Mode to switch to Snap/Stomp view

2. Press FS1 / FS7 to switch to temporary Preset/Stomp view

3. Without selecting a preset, pressing any of the Stomp row switches at this point causes the Helix to get stuck in Preset/Stomp view

4. Selecting a preset now does not return to Snap/Stomp view. The Mode button will now toggle between Stomp & Preset/Stomp views

5. Pressing the Home button twice resets the problem. 

Noticed several bugs with 2.8 so far. One of my old presets from 2.71 was lagging between snapshots, I rebuilt the entire preset on 2.8 and it worked fine. Turned off the helix after saving and this morning when I would switch snapshots the screens on helix rack and control would go blank and I I couldn't work with it anymore.... resulted to just downgrading back to 2.71....

On 7/23/2019 at 8:36 AM, HonestOpinion said:

Has not been my experience. Mine has always saved to other drives in previous versions and still does in 2.8.

Your correct it works on another machine i have it must be a permission issue on my main machine strange i thought i have gave parmission to all my drives hmm

So NO BUG only user error LOL

Helix Floor 2.8

When Helix is turned on the expression pedal (which I use mainly for volume) always reverts back to EXP 2 and is in the "bypass" mode even though it is saved as being "on" and EXP 1.

This started immediately after the 2.8 update.

Thanks.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, mrmichaelgibson said:

Was having a similar problem, which was totally messing with trying to create backups.  Apparently this used to happen after an older update, and a search showed that people have worked around it by right clicking on the HX Edit shortcut, and setting it to "Run in Admin mode" under the compatibility tab.  It seems to have worked for me so far.  Give it a shot.

13 hours ago, Guitarmaniac64 said:

Your correct it works on another machine i have it must be a permission issue on my main machine strange i thought i have gave parmission to all my drives hmm

So NO BUG only user error LOL

Where are you setting permissions for all your drives?

6 minutes ago, DrBonkersSndLab said:

Where are you setting permissions for all your drives?

If you are in Windows you can simply right click on a directory in File Explorer, select 'Propeties' and click on the 'Security' tab. Then select something like the "Everyone" group and grant/check the permissions below you want to grant that group which will of course include read/write.

BUG found in Snapshots, PLEASE FIX ASAP!!! :-)

I upgraded to the new 2.8 Helix firmware. I use a single preset and only change sounds using Snapshots. The very specific thing happening is when I switch from my Snapshot 4 to Snapshot 3. It has a loud quick volume boost for like a quarter of a second. It ONLY happens when switching one amp head on and bypassing the other amp head. Going from Snapshot 4 to 3 is MUCH more noticeable than Snapshot 3 to 4. Going from 2 to 3 on the same amp head does no audible problems.

My Snapshot 3 has Essex A30 and Snapshot 4 has Cali Rectifier. Snapshot 3 has the A30 on and the Cali bypassed. Snapshot 4 has Cali on and A30 bypassed. In the signal chain the Cali is 1st and the A30 is second (incase that matters)

3 hours ago, kotaroz1971 said:

FW 2.8.When use IR select by snapshot.It make sound gap between change snapshot. But 2.71 have not  and change faster.

I have a preset with 8 snaps so i can audition 8 different IR quickly and it has the same "gap" as when i audiotion it using pedal edit mode 
Plz roll back FW and post a clip here that snapshot was faster on 2.71 than on 2.80..
You know memory is a tricky thing ask anyone who work on solving crimes..

I'm sure someone will have already reported this, but...

All of my old patches are set such that the built-in pedal is EXP1 (why Line 6 decided the built in pedal should default to EXP2 baffles me!). Under 2.80 the pedal is always switching back to EXP2. Aargh! Not good.

Device: Helix Floor 2.8
DAW: Reaper 5.9.8.1

Helix midi globals:
    Base channel: 1
    Tempo select: per snapshot
    Midi over usb: on
    All others: off

Reaper track setup (no input or output fx on any tracks):
    1: parent track: input1+input2, output to master
        2:  dry - content: previously captured dry signal
              input: 7
              output: 3/4
        3:   wah - content: midi items with previously captured data from exp2 (cc#2, 0-127)
              input: midi: line 6 helix channel 1
              output: midi hardware - line 6 helix channel 1
        4:   control - content: midi items containing snapshot changes (cc#69, 0-7)
               input: none
               output: midi hardware - line 6 helix channel 1

HX Edit consistently loses connection when track 3 has data that controls exp2 that is within a certain time preceeding a snapshot change on track 4. The connection loss occurrs a certain time after the snapshot change. The amount of time is always the same for the project I discovered this in, which is approximately 4 seconds. I looked in a different project and the time was different but still always the same within that project.

The reconnect button at the bottom of HX Edit that appears is always successful in reconnecting once playback has stopped. If I try and reconnect while playback is still going HX Edit spits out a couple of error dialogs: "Failed to get impulse names. Service is not online. [code: -8207]" and "Failed to get preset names. Service is not online. [code: -8207]"

If either track 3 or 4 is muted, HX Edit does not lose connection.

I can also cause a consistent Helix crash (unresponsive to buttons and switches, blank screen) with the above conditions in place and by enabling sending the midi clock from Reaper to Helix, and enabling receive midi clock over usb in Helix.

My update went fine but just a couple of issues which are probably already logged but just to make sure:

I use wah quite a lot on my LT. In a patch EXP 2 is default and controls volume. When I press the toe switch it turns on the wah and changes to EXP 1. I could previously just hit a snapshot button to go back to EXP 2 /Volume but now it turns wah off but stays on EXP 1 which now is assigned to nothing. If I press the toe switch again it changes to EXP 2 but controls both volume and wah at the same time.

Can anyone confirm that this is already logged and will be fixed (hopefully in 2.81)

Also whenever I switch power on my Helix rebuilds all the presets and loses all the global settings if it is connected via USB. I'm sure the same thing happened with 2.7 for a while but just stopped happening. I hope it stops on 2.8 because that would be disastrous at a gig!

Loving the new stuff though. Thanks Line 6 for such a great update at such a good cost!!!

16 hours ago, Guitarmaniac64 said:

I have a preset with 8 snaps so i can audition 8 different IR quickly and it has the same "gap" as when i audiotion it using pedal edit mode 
Plz roll back FW and post a clip here that snapshot was faster on 2.71 than on 2.80..
You know memory is a tricky thing ask anyone who work on solving crimes..

OK Let's see. 

• Upvote 1

Hello, 

I have a bug with Audio USB. 

I have had my Helix for a month now, and I always plugged in my Helix in my comp via USB to get access to HX Edit but also to play music from my comp and the sound would come out in my earphones that are plugged in the Helix.

However, now the sound doesn't go through to Helix and just stays on my PC. 

I have tried all sorts of stuff but it all brings back to one thing on my PC, saying the sound system on the Helix can't be "switched on"... 

I have checked the global settings and all works well, but I don't get why suddenly sound can't come out anymore...

5 hours ago, enzomb99 said:

Hello, 

I have a bug with Audio USB. 

I have had my Helix for a month now, and I always plugged in my Helix in my comp via USB to get access to HX Edit but also to play music from my comp and the sound would come out in my earphones that are plugged in the Helix.

However, now the sound doesn't go through to Helix and just stays on my PC. 

I have tried all sorts of stuff but it all brings back to one thing on my PC, saying the sound system on the Helix can't be "switched on"... 

I have checked the global settings and all works well, but I don't get why suddenly sound can't come out anymore...

Just a thought. De-installing the driver and re-installling the latest might sort that out.

39 minutes ago, PeterHamm said:

Just a thought. De-installing the driver and re-installling the latest might sort that out.

It seems the new driver can not be downloaded and installed separately of Hx Updater (Edit?).
Maybe there are two new Windows drivers - Helix ASIO 1.93 and WinUSB 1.0.0.3?
In "driver downloads" drivers are called Line 6 Driver2 with version numbers like "1.91"
https://line6.com/software/index.html

On 7/25/2019 at 1:03 AM, jimanderson1 said:

BUG found in Snapshots, PLEASE FIX ASAP!!! :-)

I upgraded to the new 2.8 Helix firmware. I use a single preset and only change sounds using Snapshots. The very specific thing happening is when I switch from my Snapshot 4 to Snapshot 3. It has a loud quick volume boost for like a quarter of a second. It ONLY happens when switching one amp head on and bypassing the other amp head. Going from Snapshot 4 to 3 is MUCH more noticeable than Snapshot 3 to 4. Going from 2 to 3 on the same amp head does no audible problems.

My Snapshot 3 has Essex A30 and Snapshot 4 has Cali Rectifier. Snapshot 3 has the A30 on and the Cali bypassed. Snapshot 4 has Cali on and A30 bypassed. In the signal chain the Cali is 1st and the A30 is second (incase that matters)

A workaround for this until they fix it might be to move one of those amps into path 1A, leave both amps on all the time, and change the split so that it routes 100% to either path 1A or 1B, changed by the snapshot. This is what I'm currently doing.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, kotaroz1971 said:

FW 2.8.When use IR select by snapshot.It make sound gap between change snapshot. But 2.71 have not  and change faster.

I have the same problem with you, exactly what you say. I want to go back to 2.71, but I don't know how to go back. can you help me?

6 minutes ago, afka said:

I have the same problem with you, exactly what you say. I want to go back to 2.71, but I don't know how to go back. can you help me?

same as you upgrade .But you can use new line6 updater  from FW 2.8.Just open updater then choose 2.71.