Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

On 8/1/2019 at 10:44 AM, misakul5 said:

Bugs after udtate to 2.8 (Helix LT)

soft touching button to copy snapshot doesn´t work at all. Only swap work. :( Without hx edit, you can´t copy snapshot!!

Big troubles with EXP1/2 pedal snapshots doesn´t hold EXP(green or red) state which has been saved. So when I have volume on green and wah on red I can do volume swell on all four snapshots. But when I want to save for ex. to snapshot 4 solo with wah, the red state is still ON on all snapshots :(((( Unpossibe to use now...

The non-working soft touching button to copy snapshot is same for my Helix Floor.  I ended up rolling back to 2.71.

On 7/23/2019 at 2:13 AM, jimmons2002 said:

After updating from 2.71 to 2.8 I have noticed that I can no longer use the touch sensitive foot switches to copy a snapshot from one location to another.  (i.e. while touching foot switch #2 I could touch foot switch #5 and get prompted to copy snapshot 2 to 5).  The simultaneous touch still prompts me to swap snapshots.  Is there a setting I am missing?

I 2nd this.

15 hours ago, CRIS1968 said:

Hi !!! The output volume of my helix LT 2,81 is now much lower than 2.80 !!! ...is this ok ????

Check and toggle the output settings...I have both a Helix LT and standard Helix floor, on the LT after the 2.81 update, the 1/4 inch output defaults to Instrument level even though it might say Line Level if you were set that way. On every reboot it outputs instrument level, and you have to toggle the setting to get back to Line Level. My Helix Floor unit is also updated to 2.81 and it does not do this, it remembers the proper setting.

perhaps doing the update, followed by a factory reset (fs 9+10, power up) and then restoring your back up will do the trick?

I am able to do both copy and swap via capacitive touch with no issues on LT 2.81.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fugit said:

perhaps doing the update, followed by a factory reset (fs 9+10, power up) and then restoring your back up will do the trick?

I am able to do both copy and swap via capacitive touch with no issues on LT 2.81.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll give it a try and report back.

1 hour ago, Fugit said:

That appears to have taken care of the problem but not at first.  After doing the reset, touch copy snapshot still didn't work.  Then I went ahead and loaded on my backup.  Still no-go.  Then I powered the unit off, waited a minute, and the powered it on again.  At this point Helix went through "rebuilding presets".  After that, the touch copy snapshot worked.

Doesn't instill a lot of confidence when a user has to do a rain-dance get an update loaded and working properly.

Sincere thanks again for your help.

9 minutes ago, guitphil said:

That appears to have taken care of the problem but not at first.  After doing the reset, touch copy snapshot still didn't work.  Then I went ahead and loaded on my backup.  Still no-go.  Then I powered the unit off, waited a minute, and the powered it on again.  At this point Helix went through "rebuilding presets".  After that, the touch copy snapshot worked.

Doesn't instill a lot of confidence when a user has to do a rain-dance get an update loaded and working properly.

Sincere thanks again for your help.

No problem. Glad it worked 2.81 has some really good stuff going for it. Be a shame to go back to 2.71. But I get it. this stuff can be frustrating.  No such thing as bug-free software!

Hi, I'm using helix floor, fw2.81 I'm using two switches to send key commands to Ableton live (so I can control the ableton looper). But if I change the snapshots on my preset, the key commands are not working anymore. I need to reload the entire preset to make it work again.

Hey all. hxs In 2.81 I cant get f4 to work with my current presets. I backed it all up and am using the set lists that I already made previously. When I press it, it mutes everything and I have to turn down the volume pedal (exp 1) and back up to get it back on. 

I tried deleting and rebuilding the assignments with no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

Just now, justmerritt said:

Hey all. hxs In 2.81 I cant get f4 to work with my current presets. I backed it all up and am using the set lists that I already made previously. When I press it, it mutes everything and I have to turn down the volume pedal (exp 1) and back up to get it back on. 

I tried deleting and rebuilding the assignments with no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

Do you mean FS4 on the Stomp? If you went straight to 2.81 from any other firmware other than 2.80, your Global Settings were reset. You probably need to double check what you have the function of FS4 set to in Global Settings>Footswitches.

On 7/23/2019 at 6:43 PM, MikeUnderscoreB said:

Helix LT

Firmware: 2.80.0 
Global Settings: Preset mode switches: Snap/Stomp   Snapshot Mode Switches: Auto Return

Helix LT can get stuck in Preset/Stomp mode when it's actually set to Snap/Stomp in Global Settings.

1. In performance view, press Mode to switch to Snap/Stomp view

2. Press FS1 / FS7 to switch to temporary Preset/Stomp view

3. Without selecting a preset, pressing any of the Stomp row switches at this point causes the Helix to get stuck in Preset/Stomp view

4. Selecting a preset now does not return to Snap/Stomp view. The Mode button will now toggle between Stomp & Preset/Stomp views

5. Pressing the Home button twice resets the problem. 

Fixed in firmware 2.81.0 

BUG - Another one for the intermittent Joystick function fault pile.

Just when you think that everything is going perfectly.

I encountered this issue this afternoon and I have now reverted to v2.71 and everything works as it should.

The reason for my worry was that prior to v2.80, I had sent off my Helix for a repair to the Joystick which had a solder connection that had come adrift. When it returned from repair I installed v2.80 with no problems. This week I installed 2.81 and all was working fine until this emerged today.

As the Line 6 service engineers gave me a 3 month warranty on the repair, I needed to verify that this was not a repeat of the hardware problem. It seems that this is down to something in the 2.80 and the 2.81 firmware and all the usual reset procedures didn’t resolve the buggy Joystick.

Downgrade to earlier firmware fixes this.

Description; of bug:

While using the Joystick to select a block it would function normally in “jog mode”, but when you “press down to click select” It doesn’t always respond. Makes preset creation very difficult using only the Helix hardware.

EDIT:

Simple reinstall of v2.81 seem to have squashed the "bug". I specify "BUG" because this phenomena sprang from nowhere.
Things had been working just fine for a couple of days then - Joystick encoder malfunction!
My main worry was that it was a hardware failure again.
I now have it working, as it should, in both modes and I don't think my "Press, Click to Select" technique has been modified in any way.
I will see how it works out from here.

Extra special thanks to MonkeyXT for the tip. 

See Below.

Edited by datacommando
Mark as SOLVED

3 hours ago, datacommando said:

BUG - Another one for the intermittent Joystick function fault pile.

Description; of bug:

While using the Joystick to select a block it would function normally in “jog mode”, but when you “press down to click select” It doesn’t always respond. Makes preset creation very difficult using only the Helix hardware.

I was able to point someone else in the right direction with what I believe is the same behavior as you're seeing here - I believe that with the new options available for the joystick control, some internal parameters for the joystick controller functions have been adjusted.

Specifically, the push straight in to select.

It seems that v2.8x instructs that device to ignore any 'long' presses - and its idea of 'long' is still pretty short.

But, if you tap it in and release relatively quickly, I believe you'll find the control function will work predictably.

If you're willing to re-update, maybe give this a try.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MonkeyXT said:

I was able to point someone else in the right direction with what I believe is the same behavior as you're seeing here - I believe that with the new options available for the joystick control, some internal parameters for the joystick controller functions have been adjusted.

Specifically, the push straight in to select.

It seems that v2.8x instructs that device to ignore any 'long' presses - and its idea of 'long' is still pretty short.

But, if you tap it in and release relatively quickly, I believe you'll find the control function will work predictably.

If you're willing to re-update, maybe give this a try.

Hi,

This is a valuable bit of information - thank you!

I will update to v2.81 and see how it performs.

I have to admit it did seem very odd because I had been playing around with 2.81 for a couple of days and it seemed to be working without problems. Then, out of the blue, I clicked on a modulation block to swap it to a delay and got no response to the click. I then tried many other selections and presets, reboots, resets etc, with increasing frustration that if felt that if the joystick was not actually broken then my annoyance may do the job.

Initially my main concern was that there was nothing physically wrong with the hardware Joystick after having it repaired only recently. Reverting back to a known version of the firmware that showed the Joystick worked predictably indicated to me that this was a bug,

Nothing to lose by trying again.

Thanks once more.

EDIT:

Update 3 hours later - BTW That's not how long it took, I had to do something else first.

Simple reinstall of v2.81 seem to have squashed the "bug". I specify "BUG" because this phenomena sprang from nowhere. Things had been working just fine for a couple of days then - Joystick encoder malfunction! My main worry was that it was a hardware failure again. I now have it working, as it should, in both modes and I don't think my "Press, Click to Select" technique has been modified in any way. I will see how it works out from here.

Extra special thanks to MonkeyXT for the tip. 

Edited by datacommando
Mark as SOLVED for me
  • Like 1

Hi,

This is a valuable bit of information - thank you!

I will update to v2.81 and see how it performs.

I have to admit it did seem very odd because I had been playing around with 2.81 for a couple of days and it seemed to be working without problems. Then, out of the blue, I clicked on a modulation block to swap it to a delay and got no response to the click. I then tried many other selections and presets, reboots, resets etc, with increasing frustration that if felt that if the joystick was not actually broken then my annoyance may do the job.

Initially my main concern was that there was nothing physically wrong with the hardware Joystick after having it repaired only recently. Reverting back to a known version of the firmware that showed the Joystick worked predictably indicated to me that this was a bug,

Nothing to lose by trying again.

Thanks once more.

My pleasure.

The other individual considered that 'solved' after that, having been able to get predictable and repeatable results, once getting used to the quicker press habit.

Hopefully that works out the same for you.

I look forward to hearing the result.

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2019 at 7:43 AM, amor4jc-2 said:

Firmware - 2.80

Helix Floor

Snapshots not working:

1) Half of my patches would not change snapshots properly. I was initially using HXEdit and  it was giving me an error message. So I tried the actual switches on the Helix - I would push a switch to change snapshots and nothing would happen. The ring would stay lit around the snap that was active when the patch was loaded no matter which snap I selected and the sound did not change. I tried to sent snap change commands via cc69 but this too failed. In one of my patches, the sound WOULD change, but the snap ring would not change. 

Patch volumes half as loud:

2) The patch volume for every patch I tried was significantly quieter. I use meters to make sure all of my patches are consistent. So I was shocked to see that the levels were approximately HALF of what I am used to seeing. I did not take the time to determine what this difference equated to in terms of decibels, but it was half of the value I set my patches to on the meter. I know that there have been some users reporting volume fluctuations when using Jason Sadites' LA Comp at the end of their signal chain, but I am not using that technique.

Hi

Same thing here.

After updating Helix Floor from 2.71 to 2.81 some of my (user) Snapshots suddenly generates an error code: «The Helix device failed to recall snapshot data properly». Aftrer that, an issue with the switches - they does not change when I press them. Also - after some time trying several switches, snapshots etc. - Helix freezes and I have to shut down/startup to get it going.

Also had the level issue, but setting Global Settings > XLR Outputs to Line helped. - Which tells me that the 2.81 update did NOT load the old General Settings properly (from Backup).

Until they fix this, I'll have to downgrade to 2.71 and load my fresh 2.71 Backup file. Way to many of my Patches contains Snapshots that failed, and I don't want to spend several days regenerating them.

Also - saving Patches one-by-one (from 2.71) does NOT fix this problem !!

If Line6 are listening - the attached patch does NOT load properly in 2.81!!.

(Patch courtesy of Frank Perl - some modifications made by me)

Mesa Boogie JP2C.hlx

On 7/31/2019 at 6:39 PM, MGblade said:

possible bug: when i start up my helix my expression pedal 2 is not calibrated right, like half way is 100% full toe is back to 35% again, i use it mainly for delay mix and feedback,  I have to reload the patch again and then it is ok.

it's not a big deal but u never had this issue with other firmwares.

I have the same issue with Expression Pedal2. This bug apeared in 2.8 and after the upgrade to 2.81 my Heix LT has the same issue:

Just after the Helix LT boots  - my preset has problem to work correctly with Volume/Pan block. Like you wrote -  Exp2 pedal has 100% Volume in the middle position(half way) and works like yours. I think it doesn't calibrate correctly. When I switch Helix to another preset and then go back to previous one - everything works fine with Exp 2 and volume/pan block.

After the HX stomp update to 2.81, there was a serious problem with the expression pedal . Activation of the expression pedal effect is assigned to 5% .The problem is that when the power supply to the stomp and finding the pedal to 0% (off effect) after some time (a few minutes...10-20) zero position gradually begins to shift upwards despite the fact that the pedal was not used.Accordingly, the effect is included in the unplanned time.!!! When  restart the HX stomp ,pedal position is again shown at zero!And again through some time the percentage is growing!!!!Someone had such a problem?

P.S> BACK to 2.71..!!!The problem is gone !!

Using 2.81, it looks like you can now power off a line split, but it doesn't appear to have any effect on the split.

In my case, I've got a split and on both the A and B sides I have a few different effects on them.  I use Exp 2 to slide the mix between the A and B lines.  When I power off the split, I was expecting that Exp 2 and all of the effects on line B would be disabled because powering off the split has effectively removed the split from the mix.

I've attached the preset.  Use the "Fuzzy Roll" snapshot and roll Exp 2 with the split's power on and off to see what I mean.

Two.hlx

I’m loving all the new updates in 2.80!  Nice work!  Only one thing has negatively affected my world.

I believe the “Duplicate PC Send” feature has been a bit nerfed since 2.80.  I can't seem to control my PC software as well as I previously could.

It seems that the HELIX is remembering MIDI program numbers from instants separately than button presses and thinks that the program hasn't changed even when a new program has been sent by a button (switch).

Beyond making this work like it did before v2.80, it would be nice to see an aggressive version of the Duplicate PC Send MIDI feature that will always resend MIDI program data with any button press no matter the scenario.

Ex. (This hurts my brain to write, I'll do my best.)

I'm using PC software SampleTank 3/4 with no DAW.  SampleTank uses one MIDI program number for a song to load and another MIDI program number for an instrument to load.  Yes, I'm stuck to program numbers for both.

I need the instrument MIDI program number to be associated with every snapshot to switch sounds correctly back and forth and therefore attach it to Instants in the command center.

No MIDI program data will be sent by the HELIX if changing from one song to the next if the next song has the same instant program number as the previous in any instant position.

Let's say that song 1 is program 51 and has instrument program 115

Song 2 is program 52 and also instrument program 115 (same number but new instrument because it’s a new song)

My dream would be to program instants to go ->Program-Song # -> Program-Instrument # in that order for every snapshot but it has never worked.  The HELIX sees that instant #1 for the song is the same on all snapshots and says "Instant #1 is the same between these snapshots so I don't have to perform it."  It won't run instant #1 to switch songs at all, ever, period when trying to do this.  It WILL switch songs if instant #2 is different but will never load the song.  It's been this way for all HELIX software revisions.

I created a workaround by programming the TAP button to load the song via the TAP button itself (not instant) and the Snapshots to change the instruments using instants.  This allowed me to switch to my new preset, load song 52 with the TAP button, then instrument 115 via snapshot even if I re-pressed the same snapshot that was already selected.  This would work even if the previous song was also on instrument 115.  Thank you "Duplicate PC Send"!  I only had to be careful to NOT hit the tap button more than once or it would change the tempo.

This worked until v2.80.  Now when loading song 2 via TAP (still works) none of the snapshots will load 115 via instant (or button) until I select a different MIDI program number like 116 on a different snapshot and then go back to 115.

I've resolved this for now by choosing different MIDI program numbers for instruments but it's becoming a pain to keep changing which instrument numbers I use for songs. 

I found that I could change MIDI channels for each song would force the program change but I have more than 16 songs to play so that's not a viable or long-term fix.

To sum it up I have 2 asks:

#1 - Make the Duplicate PC Send feature work like it did before v2.80.  -Good enough (bug fix)

#2 - Or, better yet, make an additional more aggressive version of the Duplicate PC Send feature that always pushes the MIDI program numbers of instants in order NO MATTER WHAT.  Turn the algorithm that stops duplicate sends off, like actually completely off.  A new snapshot press sends that snapshot's MIDI command, even if it's the same snapshot button, even if it’s the same program number as the previous snapshot.  There could be 3 settings for duplicate PC send to ensure we don’t mess with anyone else that likes it the way it is.  “Off – Low – Max” or something like that.

Lastly I apologize if I don't understand how MIDI works in some way....like if the program number is something that's always sent continuously.  Even if it is, the HELIX should know to send an new program number from an instant after a different program number was pressed on a button.  It did before v2.80.

Thanks again for the good work y'all do!

Possible bug on 2.8 and 2.81: Snapshot change lag when Guitar In-Z (input impedance) is set to change per snapshot (with square brackets).

I have quite a few patches where I use a different impedance value per snapshot, so I might use 1M for a clean snapshot and then 230k for an overdrive snapshot. In 2.8 and 2.81 I get a lag when changing snapshots if impedance is selected for change. I'm fairly sure this didn't happen with 2.7 or I wouldn't have used this method. I can understand a small lag when the impedance value actually changes but I get the lag even when the value does not change. If I remove the square brackets then I get the normal seamless snapshot change. 

This seems similar to the reported bug where there is a lag changing snapshots which have different IRs assigned. 

I tried a work around where I assigned a switch to go from 1M to 230k but it would not let me complete the process. I have done this on 2.7. Maybe it's another bug?

Other than that 2.81 is great. Thank you Line 6!

Had issues with 2.80:

Firmware update fail- had to scroll the forums for the footswitch 6&12 power on update mode. Managed to get working. Then:

Rebuilding Presets EVERY with power up.

Effects drop out (noticed modulation and reverb so far). - You have to jump back into patch to get working again. Niether ideal, especially for gigs.

Just updated to 2.81 and the Rebuilding Presets issue persists as well as a glitchy 70/71% reading on the EXP2.

Yet to see if the effects drop out is still an issue.

Can we revert to 2.7 easily enough?? the new drive pedal is ace but no new effect is worth having key effects drop out or waiting for it to scan 400 presets mid gig  if there's a brief power outage onstage etc.

46 minutes ago, martindraycott1 said:

Had issues with 2.80:

Firmware update fail- had to scroll the forums for the footswitch 6&12 power on update mode. Managed to get working. Then:

Rebuilding Presets EVERY with power up.

Effects drop out (noticed modulation and reverb so far). - You have to jump back into patch to get working again. Niether ideal, especially for gigs.

Just updated to 2.81 and the Rebuilding Presets issue persists as well as a glitchy 70/71% reading on the EXP2.

Yet to see if the effects drop out is still an issue.

Can we revert to 2.7 easily enough?? the new drive pedal is ace but no new effect is worth having key effects drop out or waiting for it to scan 400 presets mid gig  if there's a brief power outage onstage etc.

Hi Martin,

It may be worth doing a proper hardware Global Reset to see if it blows the bugs our of the Rebuilding Presets thing.

Also it is worth noting that when you update to v2.80 it is a completely new operating system in your Helix and every time you load up presets that were created with older firmware then your hardware will rebuilt their format to work with the new Core. Once it has assimilated the older presets the rebuilds will be less and quicker.

If you want to regress to v2.71 or 2.70 it is simple enough - hook up your Helix via USB and launch the Line 6 Updater that your used for 2.80 and when it detects your Helix you have the option to select the older firmware - then just let it do it’s stuff. Bear in mind you will need the older HX Edit 2.71 or 2.70 to reload your custom presets.

Here’s a list of Reset Options If you need them.

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination

Description

LED light Fun

3 & 4

Test Mode

5 & 6

Global reset

7 & 8

Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs

8 & 9

Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs

9 & 10

Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

10 & 11

Upgrades existing presets to latest format

11 & 12

Clear current preset

5 & 12

Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default

6 & 12

Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note: Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right.

Hope this helps/makes sense

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, datacommando said:

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination

Description

LED light Fun

3 & 4

Test Mode

5 & 6

Global reset

7 & 8

Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs

8 & 9

Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs

9 & 10

Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

10 & 11

Upgrades existing presets to latest format

11 & 12

Clear current preset

5 & 12

Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default

6 & 12

Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note: Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right.

Hope this helps/makes sense

Hi Buddy:

Can you tell me what this means "Upgrades existing presets to latest format" I would have assumed they are updated with new firmware - should I do this ? not sure - thanks much

Is this only for the factory presets ?

30 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

Hi Buddy:

Can you tell me what this means "Upgrades existing presets to latest format" I would have assumed they are updated with new firmware - should I do this ? not sure - thanks much

Is this only for the factory presets ?

Hi,

Well every time that you have ever updated your Helix firmware you may have noticed that when it restarts, after completing the installation, it goes through a process of “Rebuilding Presets”.  This is normal because your Helix is a essentially a computer and the operating system has changed, therefore the the presets are modified to take advantage of the changes and speedup internal processes. As we all know , occasionally things can get a little screwed up and if one of those instances happens to glitch and become problematic, then the footswitch combination is a hardware option to facilitate the update function. Think of it as a built in “Fail Safe”. So sometimes it may be worth running that “factory reset” if you encounter odd things happening especially after loading up older presets created with earlier versions of the firmware.

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

Helix Floor 2.81

Snapshot assignments arent saving properly. Parameters reset themselves and random blocks will be turned on when they shouldn't be.

This was a preset copied from another preset that wasn't a part of a backup.

Recreating the preset worked out

Hi,

Well every time that you have ever updated your Helix firmware you may have noticed that when it restarts, after completing the installation, it goes through a process of “Rebuilding Presets”.  This is normal because your Helix is a essentially a computer and the operating system has changed, therefore the the presets are modified to take advantage of the changes and speedup internal processes. As we all know , occasionally things can get a little screwed up and if one of those instances happens to glitch and become problematic, then the footswitch combination is a hardware option to facilitate the update function. Think of it as a built in “Fail Safe”. So sometimes it may be worth running that “factory reset” if you encounter odd things happening especially after loading up older presets created with earlier versions of the firmware.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks much not seeing anything out of the ordinary so I must be ok :) take care

• Thanks 1

Hey Guys - Huge Bug in 2.81

Since I´ve upgraded to 2.81 on many of my presets I cannot switch snapshots anymore - HX-Edit gives an error Message "Helix Device failed to recall snapshot data properly" - Sometimes Helix then crashes completly.

2.8.... has been unusable for me since in 2.80 the pedals were not working properly allready.

Hope this will be fixed soon - I´d really like to use this machine.

Greetings Alex

12 hours ago, AlexKenivel said:

Helix Floor 2.81

Snapshot assignments arent saving properly. Parameters reset themselves and random blocks will be turned on when they shouldn't be.

This was a preset copied from another preset that wasn't a part of a backup.

Recreating the preset worked out

Ok - now I see it wasn't just my imagination.

I have a preset which has followed along up through various firmware versions from 2.0 upward.

Somewhere early on, this carefully crafted preset which, early on, had its parameters mangled in an update.

I never did get it back to where it was meant to be - wasn't a huge deal, but...

Once I'd put 2.81 in, I decided to test the waters by revisiting that preset in order to get it re-set to work how it originally did (it uses a couple of twin harmony blocks to create an oddball harmony section for a solo break).

Got it back to where it was meant to be, saving its various states to the Snapshots and footswitch that control the parameters.

Multiple tests. Moved away from the preset, then back to ensure it was saved as intended.

All good.

Shut down after noodling a while.

Next day I went back to it; some of the assigned values were entirely different - in fact, max'd to the extremes both + and - (interval shift).

I managed to convince myself that I'd somehow messed with it one time too many, and had unintentionally saved the preset in an unintended state... I was skeptical of this, but it had to be /something/... Though I don't know how I'd managed to botch it, AND recall it with expected results.

When I checked it again last evening, it was still ok. But seeing other reports - like the above - of Snapshot values not saving properly, I've come back around to thinking I might not have been an error on my part after all.

I would implore Line 6 to do us the favor of resisting the temptation to use characters in the preset names which equate to illegal file-system characters.

For instance, on the factory presets with names similar to;

BAS:Whatever

Something +/-

Why *

... exporting those as individual files - at least on a PC's file system (I have no experience with Mac/other file systems) - will create failures/errors, because those characters cannot be used in file names - and the preset name is of course automatically used as the preset file's name.

Before creating backups (wherein I do both setlist AND individual preset backups), I go into the factory setlists and re-name the ones with those types of characters (using a dash (-) instead of a colon (:) for instance, so that those individual files won't fail or cause an error/hang-up.

I recommend to anyone who'll listen to make a habit of sticking to 'legal' characters for preset names.

This of course is a non-issue for anyone who strictly works with setlist & full-state backups only - but if there's even a remote chance that you'll be exporting individual presets for other purposes, save yourself confusion and headaches by sticking to the 'legal' characters in your preset naming conventions.

• Upvote 1

I apologize if this is documented elsewhere, but I did some searching and wasn't able to find a good "guide".

I've updated my Helix Floor to 2.81, and unfortunately also experiencing the very odd issues with snapshots:

- If I load a preset with snapshots, I try to change to a different snapshot, and the button/light doesn't change

- My delays no longer appear to work, even though the effect's switch light is lit up

- I'm actually unable to turn effects on and via the footswitches...

Basically way too many issues to try and struggle through with.

TLDR:
What I'm really looking for at this point is what steps do I take to revert back to my previous version (which happened to be 2.6)?

I can see in Line 6 Updater that I can install the older firmware...  BUT I'm not sure if I need to first download the older version of HX Edit BEFORE I install the 2.6 firmware?

Can someone please send me a link or get me pointed in the right direction?  I'm really trying to avoid bricking my Helix anymore than it currently is.

4 hours ago, rocketop777 said:

I apologize if this is documented elsewhere, but I did some searching and wasn't able to find a good "guide".

I've updated my Helix Floor to 2.81, and unfortunately also experiencing the very odd issues with snapshots:

- If I load a preset with snapshots, I try to change to a different snapshot, and the button/light doesn't change

- My delays no longer appear to work, even though the effect's switch light is lit up

- I'm actually unable to turn effects on and via the footswitches...

Basically way too many issues to try and struggle through with.

TLDR:
What I'm really looking for at this point is what steps do I take to revert back to my previous version (which happened to be 2.6)?

I can see in Line 6 Updater that I can install the older firmware...  BUT I'm not sure if I need to first download the older version of HX Edit BEFORE I install the 2.6 firmware?

Can someone please send me a link or get me pointed in the right direction?  I'm really trying to avoid bricking my Helix anymore than it currently is.

Here is the general process. If anyone who has rolled back from this version wants to chime in please do. I am still on 2.81

1. Make backups first as always
  2. Run the version of the Updater(1.18) that was unpacked with the 2.81 firmware.  Do NOT install the old version of HX Edit yet.
  3. Scroll down and find the version of the firmware, for example 2.60, that you want to roll back to. Follow the instructions and rollback your firmware.
  4. Download and install the version of HX Edit that you rolled back to, for example 2.6. This will include that version's matching copy of the Updater, driver, and HX Edit.
  5. Do a global reset on the Helix to restore the Factory and Template directories for that firmware version.
  6. Use the rollback version( 2.60) of HX Edit to restore your backup or setlists from that version of the firmware(2.60). Do NOT use your 2.81 backups as they may have parameters and blocks that will not exist yet in your 2.60 firmware.
  7. Restart the Helix to allow your presets a final rebuild.
  8. Don't forget to downgrade Native if you want all your HX versions to match up for max compatibility.

Hi

Does any body experience this same issue?

I've updated my Helix Floor from 2.7 to 2.80 and all my vintage delay blocks become a sort of ghost.It disappears from the signal path but they are still sounding in the back. If you try to do something that involves the delay parameters, even changing the tap tempo, it stops.

I've already update my firmware to 2.81 and restore this presets from the 2.71 backup and still the same.

This is my main delay so i don't wanna to reload every preset manually. So if anybody can help me, i'll be happy. 

Hola, 

Alguien tuvo el mismo problema?

Actualicé el firmware del 2.7 a 2.80 y mi bloque de vintage delay se transformó en una especie de fantasma. El bloque desapareció pero aun sigue sonando. Si muevo cualquier parámetro relacionado al delay, este deja de sonar. 

Actualicé al 2.81 y restauré los presets desde el 2.71 pero todavía sigue el mismo problema

Es mi delay principal y no quiero tener que volver a cargarlos de cero. Si alguien puede ayudarme, excelte

Regards,

Saludos.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 8:42 AM, michalaase said:

Hi

Same thing here.

After updating Helix Floor from 2.71 to 2.81 some of my (user) Snapshots suddenly generates an error code: «The Helix device failed to recall snapshot data properly». Aftrer that, an issue with the switches - they does not change when I press them. Also - after some time trying several switches, snapshots etc. - Helix freezes and I have to shut down/startup to get it going.

Also had the level issue, but setting Global Settings > XLR Outputs to Line helped. - Which tells me that the 2.81 update did NOT load the old General Settings properly (from Backup).

Until they fix this, I'll have to downgrade to 2.71 and load my fresh 2.71 Backup file. Way to many of my Patches contains Snapshots that failed, and I don't want to spend several days regenerating them.

Also - saving Patches one-by-one (from 2.71) does NOT fix this problem !!

If Line6 are listening - the attached patch does NOT load properly in 2.81!!.

(Patch courtesy of Frank Perl - some modifications made by me)

Mesa Boogie JP2C.hlx

Hey guys,

I am basically getting the same problems yall are getting.  Same error message, same problems with hx edit and my hx stomp.  I recently updated to 2.81 and installed hx edit.  Thought I would pop in and let yall know you arent alone here.

Let me know if yall find a solution to this.

On 7/28/2019 at 4:37 AM, kotaroz1971 said:

Bug Is Bug....if this problem came from different volume .. FW 2.71 must have this gap too.but it's only in 2.8.

A.f.a.i.k it only happend on some few units if everyone had that problem imagine all 1000,s of post we would have about that problem and mostly on LT i have floor.
Same goes for that "new" problem on 2.81 where a few units have problem with snapshots i didnt have that either.