Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

1 hour ago, theElevators said:

1. disabling touch-sensitivity on buttons doesn't actually disable it

I find it annoying as well, but according to Line 6 support, this is supposed to be a "feature", not a bug.*) The touch sensitivity preference is apparently only meant for the Edit mode.

So making this preference setting truly global should be likely filed as a feature request.

*) One of the footswitches on my new HX Stomp was "touch-dead". Eventually I had it fixed on warranty.

32 minutes ago, lou-kash said:

I find it annoying as well, but according to Line 6 support, this is supposed to be a "feature", not a bug.*) The touch sensitivity preference is apparently only meant for the Edit mode.

So making this preference setting truly global should be likely filed as a feature request.

*) One of the footswitches on my new HX Stomp was "touch-dead". Eventually I had it fixed on warranty.

What's an edit mode?  thanks.

Hey everyone,

I'm really hoping someone can help me out here! I purchase a Helix second hand from a mate and everything was going awesome. Not sure what firmware the device was running when received however upon looking to update to firmware 3.0 it seemed to fail towards the end and now is not responding at all.

I am receiving the following two images on the LED. Has anyones device done a similar? Keen for some feedback.

It just stays on the red line. Completely unresponsive to factory resets.

image1.thumb.png.7c079d8561bf22be3e38f4f140f7b588.png

image0.png

I got a new white hx stomp a few days ago. It had 2.9 so first thing I did was update to 3.0.  update went fine but ever since I can't go not then a minute without it completely freezing where I have to manually shut it off.

I've tried resetting everything multiple times without success. Can anyone help?

2 hours ago, canningski said:

Hey everyone,

I'm really hoping someone can help me out here! I purchase a Helix second hand from a mate and everything was going awesome. Not sure what firmware the device was running when received however upon looking to update to firmware 3.0 it seemed to fail towards the end and now is not responding at all.

I am receiving the following two images on the LED. Has anyones device done a similar? Keen for some feedback.

It just stays on the red line. Completely unresponsive to factory resets.

image1.thumb.png.7c079d8561bf22be3e38f4f140f7b588.png

image0.png

If HX Edit is no longer seeing the Helix and you can't run the firmware update process again you can try downloading the Updater and the 3.0 flash file. You may get lucky by attempting a manual update this way. If the updater can see the Helix it may be able to reflash the firmware and get you back in business. Try multiple USB ports and alternate USB cable if necessary.

hey all. I have a hx stomp. Updated to 3.0. When I go into a patch now- if i move a block it completely forgets and wipes out all the blocks. still remembers the name but no sound comes out and I have to go in and out of a patch.. really annoying if i have spent 20 minutes tweaking to loose all my tweaks! Anyone else seeing that bug?

• Like 1

Hi!

I think i have found a bug in 3.0.  My scenario is Helix Rack + Control, everything updated to 3.0 including Edit.  When your presets include the 6 Looper block (haven't tried other loopers) and you change preset, the top screen of Helix Control (wich shows the preset) ramdomly doesn't update and shows previous preset name, although the preset changes normally (and the screen of the rack shows the new preset). If I remove the looper from my presets it works fine.

I've tried global reset and restore backup, global reset with everything on default plus creating all new presets from scratch, both with no success. My presets use snapshots and I assign Looper to a footswitch. Can anyone try to reproduce this behaviour (rack+control)? Everything else seems to work for me but this was driving me crazy.

screenshot.jpg

• Like 1

Just set window to not full screen and will stay undimmed. If full screen dims. No matter the USB slot on PC. I have absolute settings on NVidia for it to control settings as well not apps. Definitely some type of bug. I f the screen is full and dimmed if you hit notifications or settings Window in Win10 then undims.

Hey all, I just updated my Stomp, but have had major issues since. It has crashed multiple times, played for a bit, made some horrible noises when plugged into my MacBook and the display is incredibly glitched, not showing anything readable. It has colours, but looks like a foreign language. I've tried resetting it to no avail. Can anyone help?

IMG_5122.jpg

IMG_5121.jpg

I updated my Helix LT to 3.0 and since the update when exiting the six switch looper with a press of the mode switch, it doesn't return to the home view (with the signal chain), but instead goes into "footswitch edit" mode. So I have to push the mode and tap buttons together to get back to the home screen after hitting the mode switch to exit the looper. 

On 11/29/2020 at 3:29 AM, ArminH said:

HX Effects 3.0:  Looper crashes the unit after some time of use (mainly after reset looper and/or switching presets) - sound is still there but no buttons work anymore - have to power cycle.

Having the same problem on the HXFX. This behavior started for me yesterday. 

7 hours ago, ymiraku said:

Big bug I am noticing in HX edit. It is not showing the presets that are on the device properly and often shows an empty preset. Some display properly, alot do not. Only started happening since downloading latest HX edit software.

Same here : Selecting a new preset on HX Edit is inconsistent : sometime it switches to the selected preset, sometimes it stays on the former one and i might also happen that it switches on the Stomp, but not in HX edit, resulting in overwriting the selected one with the former when adjusting a parameter. Renaming is also inconsistent : sometimes renaming the right preset, sometimes an adjacent one...

Looking forward to V3.01... (any news on a bug-fixed version ?)

Setup: HX Edit 3.0 on Mac OS Catalina + HX Stomp 3.0 

Just a quick fault that is on the 3.0 update. If you’re using Snapshots and you’re scrolling through the presets... say for example it goes

Bank 5...4....3....2...32! It totally misses out 1 and jumps to 32.

you can only get to 1 by going back up through your banks.... no biggy but it needs fixing.

On 12/1/2020 at 8:21 AM, ymiraku said:

Big bug I am noticing in HX edit. It is not showing the presets that are on the device properly and often shows an empty preset. Some display properly, alot do not. Only started happening since downloading latest HX edit software.

You say you notice the issue in the updated HX Edit. Did you also update to the matching firmware?

18 hours ago, GaryWalker1974 said:

Just a quick fault that is on the 3.0 update. If you’re using Snapshots and you’re scrolling through the presets... say for example it goes

Bank 5...4....3....2...32! It totally misses out 1 and jumps to 32.

you can only get to 1 by going back up through your banks.... no biggy but it needs fixing.

Hi Gary,

IIRC, I have seen this reported previously and the response was to the along the lines of “it is a known issue and will be fixed in the next release”.

EDIT:

Found it - The reply said.

“This is a known bug that shows up if you’re using one of the preset views that shows 4 presets.”

Plus this thread

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando
Added info

I'm using the spillover mode in my helix lt and randomly when I switch patches, i get no volume. That patch displays properly but no sound. If a select the patch a second time, it comes back. This is intermittent and sometimes is all patches and sometimes every other one. I was really excited for this and have searched all over for a solution and have found nothing, so here I am.

7 hours ago, macwulson said:

I'm using the spillover mode in my helix lt and randomly when I switch patches, i get no volume. That patch displays properly but no sound. If a select the patch a second time, it comes back. This is intermittent and sometimes is all patches and sometimes every other one. I was really excited for this and have searched all over for a solution and have found nothing, so here I am.

Hi, 

Someone else posted a similar thing in the “Along came Poly” thread. 

Not sure if this is any help, but may be worth following.

I think it was reorder setlist.  I will try a factory reset and restore tomorrow but I doubt that will help. It was fine earlier today so I know the update did it. And it isn’t like a bad patch. I forget how to force an update. I downloaded the update too

I might see if Line 6 update will reinstall it in case I got a corrupt download

I think it was reorder setlist.  I will try a factory reset and restore tomorrow but I doubt that will help. It was fine earlier today so I know the update did it. And it isn’t like a bad patch. I forget how to force an update. I downloaded the update too

I might see if Line 6 update will reinstall it in case I got a corrupt download. My son just told me his is like that on 3.0. Weird. Never noticed it before. 

I'm sure you didn't get a corrupt download (It likely wouldn't have tried to install if it was corrupt).

it'll be something probably for debugging that accidentally got left on in the release build of 3.01.0, probably.  This stuff happens.

If you can figure out what it does, then it probably still does the normal stuff (I presume).  Unless you have uncovered a super-power knob that does more than normal!

For anyone else who gets stuck here (found several other threads related), I was one of the folks who got stuck on "Firmware downloaded successfully" and then nothing when attempting to update to 3.01 from 3.0 via hx edit 3.0 (note, didn't hang my helix, just refused to start pushing the update down). The L6 solution worked just fine - make a backup; go grab the latest L6 updater standalone software; manually update; manually factory reset (sw 9+10 on helix floor, eg); restore backup in hx edit. 

2 hours ago, donkelley said:

I'm sure you didn't get a corrupt download (It likely wouldn't have tried to install if it was corrupt).

it'll be something probably for debugging that accidentally got left on in the release build of 3.01.0, probably.  This stuff happens.

If you can figure out what it does, then it probably still does the normal stuff (I presume).  Unless you have uncovered a super-power knob that does more than normal!

fwiw I'm not sure this is anything new. It was definitely there in 3.0 (don't recall what that screen looks like on 2.9x), but as a midi user, I kind of appreciate it & hope it sticks around. I also found it in a screenshot on a L6 wiki page:
https://helixhelp.com/manuals/helix/midi/

image.png.ca7866079b91a32a24aa3a4a6676654e.png

The dark text above Knob 2 displays the required MIDI messages for recalling the Helix device's setlists, presets, and/or snapshots from external MIDI devices or software. In the illustration above, the FACTORY 1 setlist is recalled with a CC32 message of 007, the 16B Bottle Message preset is recalled with a PC (program change) message of 005, and SNAPSHOT 1 is recalled with a CC69 message of 000.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi, can someone point me to the right topic/thread...

Since the 3.0 update I cannot use my capacitive buttons (maybe global update???), don't work........

I also have a second hand unit but was functioning perfect before the update.

I cannot post as relatively new member.

Any setting that 100% will enable touch/capacative function ON, let me know if you can.

Kind thanks ahead of time.