Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

Helix Native Tremolo FX Sync?

Have you noticed that the tremolo phase doesn't sync very well to the DAW tempo?
What I mead by that is every time you start the playback the tremolo phase doesn't fall in the same place - sometimes it's a musical length off - upbeat instead of downbeat, sometimes it seems just out of sync. The time interval is correct though, just starting at an arbitrary time.

I don't know if it's a bug, an unfortunate feature, is it just for me or for everybody?

Im using Reaper on Windows 10.

EDIT: I tried also automating the bypass of the tremolo, but this doesn't seem to have an effect on the phase of the tremolo.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jokerwolff said:

Hello !
I've updated my HX Effects but can't find any of the new 3.11 effects like the dynamic hall that I'd love to try so much. Is there any problem with my unit or with the patch ?

Update HX Edit as well.

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

Update HX Edit as well.

Hi.

I updated both the HX stomp and the HX edit to 3.11 and i do not see any of the effects in HX edit.

Regards.

5 minutes ago, P-air said:

Hi.

I updated both the HX stomp and the HX edit to 3.11 and i do not see any of the effects in HX edit.

Regards.

You may have thought HX Edit updated, but it didn’t. Delete the old installation package and try again.

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2021 at 10:00 PM, HonestOpinion said:

Found a couple of bugs with the 'File' --> 'Extract Files From Backup' function in HX Edit. Was hoping some other users could confirm them and if so I will create a ticket.

Hardware: Helix  Floor
Firmware/Editor: Firmware 3.10; HX Edit 3.10
Bugs: 'Extract Files From Backup'

I noticed two bugs in the 'File' --> 'Extract Files From Backup' function in HX Edit. At least on my Helix. Not sure if these bugs will show up on every HX device or even on every Helix as my setlists are almost six years old now and are full of presets that have been through almost every firmware upgrade. Anyway here are the bugs:

One bug is that it does not seem to be working consistently if you just try to extract one setlist. When you do that you may just get an empty directory with a file named info.txt. Or, you may get a proper extraction but depending on which setlist you selected you may also get additional setlist extractions that you did not select. The extract seems to work properly however if you leave all the setlists selected for extract.

The second bug is quite minor. For some reason some of the empty presets named (by default) 'New Preset' don't seem to follow the naming convention properly and just end up with the preset number. I suspect this could be related to if those new presets slots were previously used and then had a blank "New Preset" copied back to them, or perhaps the name of the preset before them breaks the naming convention. Just speculating though.  Again, not a showstopper but a bug nonetheless.

Thanks to AgFX for bringing attention to an additional bug that renders this command unreliable until it is fixed. The preset files the 'Extract Files From Backup' utility  extracts fail when you try to import them back into your device with the following message: "-8103 - Target is incompatible".  Perhaps there is a manual edit that could be done to the extracted preset files in the meantime that could get them in the proper format for import but who wants to have to do that. I opened up a Line6 ticket with all three of the bugs discovered so far.

Update: AgFx posted that he went ahead and figured out the manual edit required for the preset files produced by the extraction and was able to import them so they do provide some measure of usefulness but for most users this utility still needs to be fixed.

• Upvote 1

Hardware: HX Effects
Firmware/Editor: Firmware 3.10; HX Edit 3.11

Bugs: 

In HX Edit - 

Control click on a preset name, COPY

control click on another preset name, PASTE

or

option drag a preset to another slot to copy it

CRASH!

On 4/22/2021 at 3:35 PM, gsking1 said:

Hello, 

I updated to 3.10 and am getting some black boxes obscuring the text showing the preset name.  This box blocks viewing of the screen info in that area and is not preset specific.  some presets will have and others won't.  It does not appear to affect the sound, but I'm mostly playing from the couch into an iPad so who really knows.  I did do the factory rest and backup as the instructions suggested.  I'll see if it persists and may try another reset if it persists.  Image shows missing part of screen in my "B:Fake Bass preset".

IMG_0265.jpeg.b027af3ad3becb925d6374d88f17c18b.jpeg

I had the same problem after installing 3.10! Today I installed te latest 3.11 version. Hope it is gone now. 

14 hours ago, Sixty40 said:

I've found a MIDI feedback loop issue with my HX stomp.

I'm using Stomp to control an Ableton session with command center. I use a single Midi note on message (channel 1, momentary), which is mapped to two buttons in Ableton's session view: "Scene Launch" and "Select Next Scene". Some of these scenes contain clips in Live, which trigger snapshot changes in the Stomp.

The issue is that sometimes when I hit a new scene with a snapshot change command, Stomp changes snapshot and re-sends the Midi message from command center without me hitting the button. This results in Live skipping a scene, and triggering the one below the scene that I intended to play. I think there must be some kind of Midi feedback loop happening here.

I've noticed that when I reset the pedal, it stops happening for a while, but the issue has returned numerous times, so there might be a bug here.

Thanks a bunch for your help :)

Before posting a BUG, you need to ask for help and VERIFY that it can be reproduced (or resolved) by others.

I suggest that you delete this bug report and post it as a help request in the regular Helix thread.

If you leave it here it will most likely be ignored because NOBODY in support has time to troubleshoot a complex configuration involving a third party product.

I, OTOH, have time to spare to look into an interesting problem involving MIDI and two products that I use.

When you re-post it, include the HXS presets needed to test the problem, and a more detailed description of how your basic project is set up.

Without those, the number of variables is infinite, which is why no one in support will pay any attention to your issue.

• Like 1

Creating parallel path on 1B or 2B causes dry guitar to override settings

Helix LT 3.11
HX Edit 3.1 on Win 10

[Method]
- Start with a new preset. Change input to something not in use, just to verify you can start with no guitar present (e.g. USB 1/2 or Return 1) then change back to Multi or any working input.
- Add any block to Path 1A (e.g. Amp+Cab to easily hear alteration to the sound).
- Add a second block to Path 1A.
- Drag second block to create Path 1B, then drag Split and Merge points to Path 1B to create fully parallel path.
- Delete block in Path 1B, which will remove the Path.
- Delete block in Path 1A, reverting to empty preset.

[Result]
- Dry guitar is now present regardless of input settings, output settings, blocks or paths created.

Further notes from testing:

- Only tested on HX Edit, I don't know if this also happens when working on the unit directly.
- Tested with a Variax using VDI cable (models and mag) and 1/4" (mag only).
- Did a factory reset/restore from backup after first noting the issue, but haven't tested on another unit.
- This only happens when you create a fully parallel second path on either Path 1 or 2.
- It sounds like an obscure issue, but it has potential consequences. For example if you create a parallel path on an existing preset, there is no way back once you save it - except to restore your preset from a backup or start over. You are otherwise stuck with the dry guitar on your preset.
- If you're feeling especially evil, prank a friend by doing this to all their blank presets and watch them slowly descend into madness.

On 5/2/2021 at 4:56 PM, Ka5par said:

Helix Native Tremolo FX Sync?

Have you noticed that the tremolo phase doesn't sync very well to the DAW tempo?
What I mead by that is every time you start the playback the tremolo phase doesn't fall in the same place - sometimes it's a musical length off - upbeat instead of downbeat, sometimes it seems just out of sync. The time interval is correct though, just starting at an arbitrary time.

I don't know if it's a bug, an unfortunate feature, is it just for me or for everybody?

Im using Reaper on Windows 10.

EDIT: I tried also automating the bypass of the tremolo, but this doesn't seem to have an effect on the phase of the tremolo.

This appears to be a long-standing issue since launch. LFO is not properly reset/synced. This is also an issue in the hardware units - LFO is not reset via MIDI (either tap tempo or clock sync) effectively making it impossible to use LFO-based effects consistently (or worse yet, when double tracking). I have raised this many times and it's been consistently ignored by Line 6.

Here's a video to demonstrate it (watch with headphones):

Here's a waveform of the rendered clip:tremolo-sync-bug.thumb.jpg.d98d26933866cbb820acf351512c107f.jpg

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

I'm 99% sure that a solution to this problem has been requested on Ideascale, and more than once!

Go there, do a search and VOTE!

First of all, this is a bug, not a feature. A bug, that has been in the product since day one. I created a support ticket in 2018; it was even accepted as a bug by Line 6, quoting the representative:

I confirmed this to QA/developpement as confirmed bug, should be fixed in one of the next updates,
but i have no timeline when

It's been 3 years since...

47 minutes ago, gavoja said:

First of all, this is a bug, not a feature. A bug, that has been in the product since day one. I created a support ticket in 2018; it was even accepted as a bug by Line 6, quoting the representative:

I confirmed this to QA/developpement as confirmed bug, should be fixed in one of the next updates,
but i have no timeline when

It's been 3 years since...

What part of "a solution to this problem" did you mistake for "a feature request"?

The point of voting for "a solution to this problem" is to let them know that we're aware that they're aware of the problem, and we want it fixed!

IOW, applying pressure the only way we can. In case you're unaware, there's nobody on this forum from Line6, just us users, and we share your pain!

25 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

What part of "a solution to this problem" did you mistake for "a feature request"?

The point of voting for "a solution to this problem" is to let them know that we're aware that they're aware of the problem, and we want it fixed!

IOW, applying pressure the only way we can. In case you're unaware, there's nobody on this forum from Line6, just us users, and we share your pain!

IdeaScale is pretty much a feature request site. I am a programmer myself and if I were to tell my clients to go and vote for a bug fix, I'd loose a contract in a day. I raised a ticket, it was accepted, nothing changed. I reopened it, it was accepted again, nothing changed. And it's such a simple thing to fix. Hell, give me the bloody source code and I'll fix it myself.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

15 minutes ago, gavoja said:

IdeaScale is pretty much a feature request site. I am a programmer myself and if I were to tell my clients to go and vote for a bug fix, I'd loose a contract in a day. I raised a ticket, it was accepted, nothing changed. I reopened it, it was accepted again, nothing changed. And it's such a simple thing to fix. Hell, give me the bloody source code and I'll fix it myself.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

Since I don't work for L6, L6 is not suggesting that you vote for a bug fix.

FWIW - MANY people have been requesting LFO control for all sorts of things. I suspect that they're working on a "big picture" solution, rather than patching individual smaller problems, and that we'll see this resolved when they get that sorted.

• Like 1

Hi Guys!

That's only me that have problems with send/return blocks and Snapshots?

Having a preset with Send/return block and using snapshots if i recall the preset the snapshot stop working.

If i remove the send/return block everiting works fine.

Any help?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, music_tech said:

Hi Guys!

Having a preset with Send/return block and using snapshots if i recall the preset the snapshot stop working.

Any help?

Thanks

Before posting a problem as a BUG you should ask for help in the regular Helix Forum.

We'll need more info before we can offer specific help. What exactly do you mean by "snapshot stops working"?

When you load or re-load a preset, the snapshot that was saved as the default will re-load.

Unless Global Settings>Preferences>Snapshot Edits is set to RECALL, any changes made to a snapshot need to be saved before changing snapshots or they'll be lost.

Of course, any changes made anywhere in a preset need to be saved before changing presets.

To test whether it's a problem with your preset or your Helix, you should attach your preset so we can test it.

FWIW - I have no problems with snapshots and send/return blocks.

2 hours ago, music_tech said:

Hi Guys!

Any help?

Thanks

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

Before posting a problem as a BUG you should ask for help in the regular Helix Forum.

We'll need more info before we can offer specific help. What exactly do you mean by "snapshot stops working"?

When you load or re-load a preset, the snapshot that was saved as the default will re-load.

Unless Global Settings>Preferences>Snapshot Edits is set to RECALL, any changes made to a snapshot need to be saved before changing snapshots or they'll be lost.

Of course, any changes made anywhere in a preset need to be saved before changing presets.

To test whether it's a problem with your preset or your Helix, you should attach your preset so we can test it.

FWIW - I have no problems with snapshots and send/return blocks.

In addition to providing more details on the question rd2rk asked, " What exactly do you mean by "snapshot stops working"?", could you please let us know which HX device you own and what the editor and firmware versions are as well as what OS you are on. This could easily be a problem with you not having those properly matched but it is impossible to know without more detail. In HX Edit you can go to 'Help' --> 'About HX Edit' and check both the editor and firmware version.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

In addition to providing more details on the question rd2rk asked, " What exactly do you mean by "snapshot stops working"?", could you please let us know which HX device you own and what the editor and firmware versions are as well as what OS you are on. This could easily be a problem with you not having those properly matched but it is impossible to know without more detail. In HX Edit you can go to 'Help' --> 'About HX Edit' and check both the editor and firmware version.

Hi thanks for reply guys.

I think it's a bug that's why i posted here.

When i say "snapshot stops working" - I can't use them anymore. I can switch between snapshots (see the video).

If i remove the send/return block everything works fine.

So my

Device - Helix Floor

SW version - 3.11 (but try other versions and have the same problem)

Preferences-

Snap/Preset

Preset Spillover - On

SnapShots Edits - Discard

Editor - HX edit 3.10 (it happens when is not connected to pc has well)

Conected to my amp by 4 Cable Method (that why i need SEND/RETURN block)

The youtube link is a video of what appending.

https://youtu.be/Hy1NbNiV3Ic

The preset (atached or here)

https://line6.com/customtone/tone/5436950/

If you need more info please let me know.

Clean.hlx

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, music_tech said:

Hi thanks for reply guys.

I think it's a bug that's why i posted here.

When i say "snapshot stops working" - I can't use them anymore. I can switch between snapshots (see the video).

If i remove the send/return block everything works fine.

So my

Device - Helix Floor

SW version - 3.11 (but try other versions and have the same problem)

Preferences-

Snap/Preset

Preset Spillover - On

SnapShots Edits - Discard

Editor - HX edit 3.10 (it happens when is not connected to pc has well)

Conected to my amp by 4 Cable Method (that why i need SEND/RETURN block)

The youtube link is a video of what appending.

https://youtu.be/Hy1NbNiV3Ic

The preset (atached or here)

https://line6.com/customtone/tone/5436950/

If you need more info please let me know.

Clean.hlx 19.41 kB · 1 download

Thanks for posting the video, preset, and details. Without a bit of narrative during the video it is still a bit difficult to tell exactly what is triggering the issue for you but I do see that the snapshots appear to stop switching properly at some point(perhaps when you switch to another preset and back), or at least the blocks stop reflecting the proper bypass state.  My first question would be did you run the factory reset and restore of your backup after you upgraded per the update release notes? If not that is where I would start.

Does this happen on every preset or just the one? I will load up the one you attached and test it.

Update: I loaded up and tested your preset and although I don't have everything hooked up 4CM everything appears to be working properly at least as far as the switching goes. I cannot get your preset to fail as it does in your video and the snapshots seem to be working properly on my Helix. You may want to try reloading  your preset and testing it with nothing connected to your Helix to eliminate cabling and external hardware as a potential source of the problem.

If the above test does not get things working normally I would start with a backup, factory reset, and restore. Make sure you let all your presets rebuild afterwards and do a second restart of your Helix when that completes to ensure you are not getting any additional rebuild messages. That may just fix your problem unless something arcane is going on with your cables or external hardware. 

I don't think this is a bug but I could always have missed something.

2 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

Thanks for posting the video, preset, and details. Without a bit of narrative during the video it is still a bit difficult to tell exactly what is triggering the issue for you but I do see that the snapshots appear to stop switching properly at some point(perhaps when you switch to another preset and back), or at least the blocks stop reflecting the proper bypass state.  My first question would be did you run the factory reset and restore of your backup after you upgraded per the update release notes? If not that is where I would start.

Does this happen on every preset or just the one? I will load up the one you attached and test it.

Update: I loaded up and tested your preset and although I don't have everything hooked up 4CM everything appears to be working properly at least as far as the switching goes. I cannot get your preset to fail as it does in your video and the snapshots seem to be working properly on my Helix. You may want to try reloading  your preset and testing it with nothing connected to your Helix to eliminate cabling and external hardware as a potential source of the problem.

If the above test does not get things working normally I would start with a backup, factory reset, and restore. Make sure you let all your presets rebuild afterwards and do a second restart of your Helix when that completes to ensure you are not getting any additional rebuild messages. That may just fix your problem unless something arcane is going on with your cables or external hardware. 

I don't think this is a bug but I could always have missed something.

Thanks for helping me! 

Sorry for no talk in the video.

I did what you asking me:

- Factory reset; I did not restore because i'll make every preset from the scratch again.

- Remove every connection from Helix to prevent any external problems.

I dig a little bit more the problem and create this simple attached testPreset.

I figured out that is a problem happens when i have a return block in the chain, the layout split like 4 presets / 4 snapshots and the Preset Spillover ON.

Please try this to see if you have the same problem.

1 - Import testPreset (in attach)  to your board;

2 - Turn the Preset Spillover to ON

3 - Select the Preset Mode Switches to Snap/Preset

To deploy the problem:

- Select the testPreset (in attach) by pressing the switch in your bottom row;

- The snapshots must work fine in the top row at this stage;

- Now reSelect testPreset by pressing the switch in your bottom row again;

- The snapshots stop working in the top row;

Other way to deploy the problem:

- Snapshot switches stop working if you just press in the bottom row the testPreset switch two or more times.

And even another way:

- If you import this testPreset to 2 different presets (let's say 01A and 01B) and switch between them the snapshots switches does not work.

Note: Always with Preset Spillover to ON and  Preset Mode Switches to Snap/Preset. If you set Preset Spillover to Off everything works fine.

Please let me now if you need any more information, and your test result.

Thanks 

TestPreset.hlx

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, music_tech said:

Thanks for helping me! 

- Factory reset; I did not restore because i'll make every preset from the scratch again.

I figured out that is a problem happens when i have a return block in the chain, the layout split like 4 presets / 4 snapshots and the Preset Spillover ON.

To deploy the problem:

- Snapshot switches stop working if you just press in the bottom row the testPreset switch two or more times.

And even another way:

- If you import this testPreset to 2 different presets (let's say 01A and 01B) and switch between them the snapshots switches does not work.

Note: Always with Preset Spillover to ON and  Preset Mode Switches to Snap/Preset. If you set Preset Spillover to Off everything works fine.

Thanks 

TestPreset.hlx 9.24 kB · 1 download

Did a quick test as I'm on my way out. Recreated the preset with the settings you specified, got the same results as you.

Removed the Return, same results as you.

Restored the Return and turned OFF Spillover, works fine.

It seems that the problem only occurs when BOTH the Return and Spillover are in use.

Also, HX Edit freaks out, which is to say the preset with both the Return and Spillover can only be dealt with directly on the box.

Very strange indeed!

On my way out, but looking forward to seeing what @HonestOpinion comes up with.

• Upvote 2

On 5/15/2021 at 4:09 PM, music_tech said:

Thanks for helping me! 

To deploy the problem:

And even another way:

Thanks 

TestPreset.hlx 9.24 kB · 1 download

On 5/15/2021 at 5:19 PM, rd2rk said:

Did a quick test as I'm on my way out. Recreated the preset with the settings you specified, got the same results as you.

Removed the Return, same results as you.

Restored the Return and turned OFF Spillover, works fine.

It seems that the problem only occurs when BOTH the Return and Spillover are in use.

Also, HX Edit freaks out, which is to say the preset with both the Return and Spillover can only be dealt with directly on the box.

Very strange indeed!

On my way out, but looking forward to seeing what @HonestOpinion comes up with.

Ran the test again and got the same results as rd2rk and music_tech. It locked up on me as well. I missed the fact that music_tech specified that 'Preset Spillover' needed to be on in my initial tests, despite the fact that it was right there in front of me in black and white. I think you have found a legitimate bug and your subsequent posts did an excellent job of laying out the steps to replicate this behavior. A really fine job of troubleshooting. I believe you should open up a ticket with Line6 to hopefully get this addressed in the future.

I guess the workaround for now is to not switch to the same preset you are currently on but this is a bug that definitely should be fixed. I don't see this issue when I switch to a different preset and then come back to the preset.  Doing this also restores proper snapshot operation if you already locked things up. Do the snapshots continue to work properly for you as long as you don't switch to the preset you are currently on, or as you also reported, a duplicate of the same preset?

I'm actually kind of shocked that I have not seen anyone else post this bug before. I have only played around with the 'Preset Spillover' function as I generally need both paths for my presets but it is surprising that others using Return blocks with 'Preset Spillover'="On" have not run into it. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

Ran the test again and got the same results that rd2rk and you got. It locked up on me as well. I missed the fact that the music_tech specified that 'Preset Spillover' needed to be on in my initial tests, despite the fact that it was right there in front of me in black and white. I think you have found a legitimate bug and your subsequent posts did an excellent job of laying out the steps to replicate this behavior. A really fine job of troubleshooting. I believe you should open up a ticket with Line6 to hopefully get this addressed in the future.

I guess the workaround for now is to not switch to the same preset you are currently on but this is a bug that definitely should be fixed. I don't see this issue when I switch to a different preset and then come back to another preset.  Doing this also restores proper snapshot operation. Do the snapshots continue to work properly for you as long as you don't switch to the preset you are currently on?

I'm actually kind of shocked that I have not seen anyone else post this bug before. I have only played around with the 'Preset Spillover' function as I generally need both paths for my presets but it is surprising that others using Return blocks with 'Preset Spillover'="On" have not run into it. 

Thanks for the help.

I open a ticket to line6.

Let's see the response.

I'll keep you informed.

Thanks a lot guy's.

• Upvote 1

Have an open ticket as this has been going on for quite a while, at least the last 4 updates. I assign a Variax model to a Helix patch. Sometimes it is correct when I select that patch saves and other times when I select the patch it will be something way off. Say I have Lester 1 saved and it will select Dobro. No rhyme or reason and very random. Just sucks big time when you are ready for a big Les Paul waling lead and you get a Dobro or Sitar!!! A distorted Dobro is not for the faint of heart :)

I have reset/reloaded the firmware in the Variax and also reupdated the Helix many times. again the issue still exist but not all the time. Maybe 3 of 5 times it works flawlessly, then goes on a rampage and screws up 4 or 5 times.

Anyone else having this issue?

3 hours ago, Petrucci-fan said:

Have an open ticket as this has been going on for quite a while, at least the last 4 updates. I assign a Variax model to a Helix patch. Sometimes it is correct when I select that patch saves and other times when I select the patch it will be something way off. Say I have Lester 1 saved and it will select Dobro. No rhyme or reason and very random. Just sucks big time when you are ready for a big Les Paul waling lead and you get a Dobro or Sitar!!! A distorted Dobro is not for the faint of heart :)

I have reset/reloaded the firmware in the Variax and also reupdated the Helix many times. again the issue still exist but not all the time. Maybe 3 of 5 times it works flawlessly, then goes on a rampage and screws up 4 or 5 times.

Anyone else having this issue?

Do you have 'Variax Settings' = "Per Preset" on the second page of the Input block's parameters?

17 minutes ago, Petrucci-fan said:

Yep, first thing I checked when it started. Seems to be random :(

Only other things I can think of at the moment is to either export and reimport the presets where this is happening and checking and reseating the Variax cable or even swapping it out. You can use a standard Ethernet cable temporarily(and carefully) for testing if you don't have a second VDI cable.  Also important that last time you upgraded you did the recommended backup, global reset, restore.

48 minutes ago, Petrucci-fan said:

I had tried the export/import and no change.

I do have a new VDI cable. Will try :)

Please let us know how it goes. Also curious if this happens on presets created from scratch on the latest firmware or only older presets from previous firmware versions.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately it is random enough that it is not always the same preset. It does seem like most of the time that it selects the wrong Variax model it is the select's the Dobro!!

The next time I catch it doing it I will try to recreate the identical preset from scratch and see if it still happens.

Gig tomorrow night. I'll make note of the patch and see if it will do it again at home. I play in a duo and we have about 250 songs in our list and I do a patch per/song because of capo, or alternate tuning. Granted a lot of my patches are slight variations but I also use Onsong and having it pull the same patch every time that song is selected is the bomb !!!!

Perfect example is Kashmir:

Snap 1 - Acoustic 5 down tuned -1 DADGAD

Snap 2 - Lester 1 down tuned -1 DADGAD

Snap 3 - Lester 1 down tuned -1 Standard

Snap 4 - Lester 1 down tuned -1 Standard for phased lead out at the end.

A lot of my patches change Variax models per/Snap and that's why it's such an issue for me. I will say I'm pretty sure it's only happening on the first Snap that is brought up for that particular song. Once I lean over and change the Variax model on rack to the correct one and hit save the rest of that patch works as expected. I can then switch patches and back to that exact patch and it will have changed back to Dobro :(  but, not every time!!

49 minutes ago, Petrucci-fan said:

Gig tomorrow night. I'll make note of the patch and see if it will do it again at home. I play in a duo and we have about 250 songs in our list and I do a patch per/song because of capo, or alternate tuning. Granted a lot of my patches are slight variations but I also use Onsong and having it pull the same patch every time that song is selected is the bomb !!!!

Perfect example is Kashmir:

Snap 1 - Acoustic 5 down tuned -1 DADGAD

Snap 2 - Lester 1 down tuned -1 DADGAD

Snap 3 - Lester 1 down tuned -1 Standard

Snap 4 - Lester 1 down tuned -1 Standard for phased lead out at the end.

A lot of my patches change Variax models per/Snap and that's why it's such an issue for me. I will say I'm pretty sure it's only happening on the first Snap that is brought up for that particular song. Once I lean over and change the Variax model on rack to the correct one and hit save the rest of that patch works as expected. I can then switch patches and back to that exact patch and it will have changed back to Dobro :(  but, not every time!!

If you do locate a preset where you can make this issue occur with regularity you may want to upload it so others here can see if we can recreate the behavior you are seeing. Btw, that is a substantial repertoire!

On 5/16/2021 at 12:10 AM, music_tech said:

Thanks for the help.

I open a ticket to line6.

Let's see the response.

I'll keep you informed.

Thanks a lot guy's.

Line6 Repply :

Hi,
   Thanks, we can reproduce this and will escalate this for further testing
   Best regards

• Thanks 1

Possible bug with Bypass Assign directly on device:

Hardware: HX Stomp
Firmware: 3.11
Global Settings: stomp 3 set to FS3

Bug:

1. assign the allowed maximum of 8 parameter controllers to FS2 (use anything that has at least 8 parameters, like toggling individual parameters of an amp with FS2)
  2. try to assign any other block to FS3 using the Bypass Assign menu function on the device; you won't get pass FS1 to FS3 because FS2 is now "blocked".

And if you have assigned all 8 controllers to FS1, Bypass Assign is blocked totally.

Workarounds:

• temporarily disable one of the 8 controller/bypass parameters on FS2 to make FS2 visible and "skipable" in Bypass Assign with the rotary knob again.
  • use HX Edit, assign bypasses via context menu

Can anyone confirm?

4 hours ago, lou-kash said:

Possible bug with Bypass Assign directly on device:

Hardware: HX Stomp
Firmware: 3.11
Global Settings: stomp 3 set to FS3

Bug:

1. assign the allowed maximum of 8 parameter controllers to FS2 (use anything that has at least 8 parameters, like toggling individual parameters of an amp with FS2)
  2. try to assign any other block to FS3 using the Bypass Assign menu function on the device; you won't get pass FS1 to FS3 because FS2 is now "blocked".

And if you have assigned all 8 controllers to FS1, Bypass Assign is blocked totally.

Workarounds:

• temporarily disable one of the 8 controller/bypass parameters on FS2 to make FS2 visible and "skipable" in Bypass Assign with the rotary knob again.
  • use HX Edit, assign bypasses via context menu

Can anyone confirm?

Confirmed. You caught a bug!

Normally I don't use the BYPASS ASSIGN Menu, I touch assign, and that still works.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

I touch assign, and that still works.

I see. Usually I've got anything "touchy" disabled because I play barefoot whenever, uh… appropriate.

So that's workaround #3.

Cheers!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

I touch assign, and that still works

Additionally, I actually noticed the bug because I wanted to assign something to FS4/5 triggered via CC# from DMC.micro which are obviously not touchy.
So the "touch" workaround wouldn't work in that case.

On 5/19/2021 at 1:50 PM, HonestOpinion said:

If you do locate a preset where you can make this issue occur with regularity you may want to upload it so others here can see if we can recreate the behavior you are seeing. Btw, that is a substantial repertoire!

So far so good. All model changes happened as expected! (fingers crossed)