Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

On 4/23/2021 at 10:00 PM, HonestOpinion said:

Found a couple of bugs with the 'File' --> 'Extract Files From Backup' function in HX Edit. Was hoping some other users could confirm them and if so I will create a ticket.

Hardware: Helix  Floor
Firmware/Editor: Firmware 3.10; HX Edit 3.10
Bugs: 'Extract Files From Backup'

I noticed two bugs in the 'File' --> 'Extract Files From Backup' function in HX Edit. At least on my Helix. Not sure if these bugs will show up on every HX device or even on every Helix as my setlists are almost six years old now and are full of presets that have been through almost every firmware upgrade. Anyway here are the bugs:

One bug is that it does not seem to be working consistently if you just try to extract one setlist. When you do that you may just get an empty directory with a file named info.txt. Or, you may get a proper extraction but depending on which setlist you selected you may also get additional setlist extractions that you did not select. The extract seems to work properly however if you leave all the setlists selected for extract.

The second bug is quite minor. For some reason some of the empty presets named (by default) 'New Preset' don't seem to follow the naming convention properly and just end up with the preset number. I suspect this could be related to if those new presets slots were previously used and then had a blank "New Preset" copied back to them, or perhaps the name of the preset before them breaks the naming convention. Just speculating though.  Again, not a showstopper but a bug nonetheless.

On 5/3/2021 at 3:11 PM, HonestOpinion said:

Thanks to AgFX for bringing attention to an additional bug that renders this command unreliable until it is fixed. The preset files the 'Extract Files From Backup' utility  extracts fail when you try to import them back into your device with the following message: "-8103 - Target is incompatible".  Perhaps there is a manual edit that could be done to the extracted preset files in the meantime that could get them in the proper format for import but who wants to have to do that. I opened up a Line6 ticket with all three of the bugs discovered so far.

Update: AgFx posted that he went ahead and figured out the manual edit required for the preset files produced by the extraction and was able to import them so they do provide some measure of usefulness but for most users this utility still needs to be fixed.

Upon a quick inspection all three bugs as described above in the 'File' --> 'Extract Files From Backup' command in HX Edit appear to have been fixed in the HX Edit 3.11 update.  Bravo Line6! A shout out to datacommando for reminding me to check this out in the new editor version. Thank you!

Btw, a few days ago they responded to the ticket I had opened to let me know they were aware of the issue. I was not expecting a fix to make it into this version of the editor, fantastic! Of course not harboring any false illusions here and my bet is they were working on the fix well before I opened a ticket. 

Interested to see if it is working consistently for everyone else on the new 3.11 editor version.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

After updating my helix rack to 3.11, there is now an orange vertical line on the screen at all times. I have tried factory resetting, downgrading firmware and re-upgrading and the line is still present. I did put in a support ticket and all they have suggested so far is what I have already tried. Has anyone had this issue (See pic)?

helic rack.jpg

55 minutes ago, webrunner said:

After updating my helix rack to 3.11, there is now an orange vertical line on the screen at all times. I have tried factory resetting, downgrading firmware and re-upgrading and the line is still present. I did put in a support ticket and all they have suggested so far is what I have already tried. Has anyone had this issue (See pic)?

helic rack.jpg

Start by upgrading to 3.11. You SAID that's what started the problem, but it's obvious from your picture that you're still on 2.92.

After upgrading to 3.11, if you still have the line,  re-open the support ticket and tell them about it.

It looks to me like you have a hardware failure.

• Upvote 1

Yep, hardware failure. Hope you're under warranty. If not, try support anyway. Sometimes they're very generous about fixing this kind of thing. It's a common failure.

BE NICE! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Line 6: I've been noticing lately that the Amp button in the Helix isn't working at all. Today the Home button died as well. Is this a hardware malfunction (I live in the opposite side of the world, therefore I'm screwed if I have to repair this) or could it be just a system bug that showed up? I wasn't having any trouble with the 3.11 firmware while editing my presets. Now I'm forced to use the pedal edit mode or hook it to HX Edit.

Hope you guys are able to help me out.

Umm... the factory reset didn't fully work. Just resucitated the Home switch... the Amp switch is still dead.

Perhaps it's just a bug. I just don't want my Helix to start dying switch by switch until one day shows the black screen of death. Anything else that could work? Or wait until next firmware to be fixed?

Thanks anyway.

1 hour ago, BAmartin said:

Umm... the factory reset didn't fully work. Just resucitated the Home switch... the Amp switch is still dead.

Perhaps it's just a bug. I just don't want my Helix to start dying switch by switch until one day shows the black screen of death. Anything else that could work? Or wait until next firmware to be fixed?

Thanks anyway.

A "bug" affects everybody, and can be reproduced. This is just affecting you.

Try the reset again.

*Try re-flashing the FW.*

If you still have a problem, contact support.

Since it's not really a "bug" if support can't reproduce it, it's not likely that a future update will fix it.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the input.

I'm just going to hold on until next firmware shows up and use the Helix hooked up to HX Edit. I always thought that these switches (specially the joystick) were just "look but don't touch". The problem is I live at the bottom of South America (Buenos Aires, Argentina) and we're in the midst of the pandemic. Most businesses are not working due to mandatory lockdowns and only 40% of the population was vaccined. 

I'll keep holding on (just like Mick Hucknall used to sing)

Once again, thanks for your kind attention.

• Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone...

I bought my Helix LT just some weeks ago and I really like it.

Now I've got a problem: sometimes the display just freezes. I still can play and also change presets. I also can activate the tuner, which is then visible. But everything else doesn't change the display. Anybody had this problem yet?

Edit / What I did so far: "Factory Reset" with buttons 9+10 (although it really isn't a factory reset) and right now I'm rebuilding the presets with buttons 10+11. If this won't help, I'll try repatching the latest firmware.

Edited by Belandriel
Update

23 hours ago, Belandriel said:

Hi everyone...

I bought my Helix LT just some weeks ago and I really like it.

Now I've got a problem: sometimes the display just freezes. I still can play and also change presets. I also can activate the tuner, which is then visible. But everything else doesn't change the display. Anybody had this problem yet?

Edit / What I did so far: "Factory Reset" with buttons 9+10 (although it really isn't a factory reset) and right now I'm rebuilding the presets with buttons 10+11. If this won't help, I'll try repatching the latest firmware.

Also check in HX Edit under 'Help' --> 'About HX Edit' and make sure your firmware and editor version are matched(e.g. 3.11).

Hi @HonestOpinion,

There seems to be a bug with the Looper placeholder block in Helix Native.

I understand that the Looper isn't functional in Native, but when I have a patch where the Looper block is in the signal path, the block seems to duplicate the audio output.

Removing the Looper results in a quieter, clearer sound. Presumably the Looper block should have no effect whatsoever in Native.

For reproducibility, I have the Looper block as the 2nd last block on path B, followed by a stereo-return bock (used as an aux in on the Helix), but I'm not sure if the placement is a factor.

It's a minor issue, but it means I have to remove and re-add the Looper when going between the Helix and Native.

Thanks.

On 8/6/2021 at 9:52 AM, CakeEater said:

I understand that the Looper isn't functional in Native, but when I have a patch where the Looper block is in the signal path, the block seems to duplicate the audio output.

Removing the Looper results in a quieter, clearer sound. Presumably the Looper block should have no effect whatsoever in Native.

For reproducibility, I have the Looper block as the 2nd last block on path B, followed by a stereo-return bock (used as an aux in on the Helix), but I'm not sure if the placement is a factor.

It's a minor issue, but it means I have to remove and re-add the Looper when going between the Helix and Native.

Hi,

A couple of points.

1. Helix Native has a “Hardware Compatibility” function inbuilt. This allows Native to strip out any unused hardware functions from a preset. For example: Looper, FX Loop, Send and Return.
  2. I would suggest that you work on a copy of the preset designed to function specifically in HX Native, with all extraneous blocks removed.
  3. Also it may be advisable to upload a copy of the problem preset to let someone else run an eye over it for a possible solution.

This may not be a “bug” as such, but simply a problem with the signal routing. As you are already aware there are certain functions that will not work in HX Native, which makes them unnecessary. Always work on a copy - therefore you don’t have to keep removing and re-adding the Looper between Native and your Helix. You could differentiate between the 2 versions by adding NL (no looper) to the file name for use in Native.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

Hello,Engineers!

When I use Helix rack's digital output[SPDIF]
The volume that I monitored was loud enough but whatever i have turned the volume knob up it reamped to DAW the output always became -10dB about.
I tryed to increase the globle DIGITAL GAIN and the presents LEVEL to 12dB at the same time,that the volume knob can control the spdif output volume to normal level.image.thumb.png.f1bb1d8838e076c4d40a3789ea09ccae.png20210806195857.png.7a5a56c5fd5dca91f412e2ad9509fb75.png20210806195906.png.ea7044ad4034b3a6bf627f41a1e97f95.png

9 hours ago, CakeEater said:

Hi @HonestOpinion,

Thanks.

5 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

A couple of points.

1. Helix Native has a “Hardware Compatibility” function inbuilt. This allow Native to strip out any unused hardware functions from a preset. For example: Looper, FX Loop, Send and Return.
  2. I would suggest that you work on a copy of the preset designed to function specifically in HX Native, with all extraneous blocks removed.
  3. Also it may be advisable to upload a copy of the problem preset to let someone else run an eye over it for a possible solution.

This may not be a “bug” as such, but simply a problem with the signal routing. As you are already aware there are certain functions that will not work in HX Native, which makes them unnecessary. Always work on a copy - therefore you don’t have to keep removing and re-adding the Looper between Native and your Helix. You could differentiate between the 2 versions by adding NL (no looper) to the file name for use in Native.

I concur with datacommando's advice. This is exactly how I would proceed. If after experimenting with a simpler preset with basic, and I would suggest mono routing, and minimal blocks, you still get the same results with the looper hopefully someone else can confirm your results from an uploaded file. At that point opening up a ticket with Line6 describing the potential bug would probably be the way to go.

Btw, when you test this with a simpler preset, if it does not demonstrate problems with the looper, you can build the preset back up, block by block, to resemble the preset that is having problems with the looper. This approach might help you determine exactly what causes the looper to impact the preset when used in Native.

Have you tried removing the looper in that preset directly on the Helix(rather than Native) and seeing if the sound changes?  If it does the issue is probably not with the looper but elsewhere in the preset or even on your device. Could be anything from something off in the routing for that preset, a wider problem with your latest firmware install, or mismatched versioning of HX Edit, the firmware, or Native.

It is important that you check your versions of HX Edit, your firmware, and Native and make sure they are matched. Otherwise moving presets between the Helix and Native is bound to manifest issues.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HonestOpinion said:

I concur with datacommando's advice. This is exactly how I would proceed.

Oops!

My apologies.

Didn’t realise that this issue was directly addressed to you, I just picked it up and ran with it.

I hope you don’t mind too much, as we both appear to be in agreement about how to proceed with this.

;-)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

Oops!

My apologies.

Didn’t realise that this issue was directly addressed to you, I just picked it up and ran with it.

I hope you don’t mind too much, as we both appear to be in agreement about how to proceed with this.

;-)

No issues, don't care who answers these if it helps the forum user get quick assistance.

• Upvote 1

Hi @HonestOpinion, @datacommando,

I've attached a freshly made preset from a blank template. Just amp, cab, reverb and looper using Helix Native 3.11 in Helix Floor Compatibility Mode.

It has the issue I described. To test just strum a chord, and then delete the looper while it's ringing out.

You'll hear the difference.

EDIT: I mentioned this to Digital Igloo on TheGearPage and I believe he logged a ticket. Link

Looper Test.hlx

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CakeEater said:

Hi @HonestOpinion, @datacommando,

I've attached a freshly made preset from a blank template. Just amp, cab, reverb and looper using Helix Native 3.11 in Helix Floor Compatibility Mode.

It has the issue I described. To test just strum a chord, and then delete the looper while it's ringing out.

EDIT: I mentioned this to Digital Igloo on TheGearPage and I believe he logged a ticket. Link

Looper Test.hlx 14.91 kB · 0 downloads

Cool, the more folks looking into this the better. 

Thing is it’s now rapidly approaching 1.30am in my sector of the planet - therefore I can’t look at this till tomorrow.

L8R.

On 8/6/2021 at 11:15 PM, CakeEater said:

Correct, it seems there is a drop in volume when deleting the non-functioning Looper block from within HX Native.

Although, I have to say that when I have HX Native set to do it's job properly (i.e. remove non functioning hardware blocks) it works perfectly.

I loaded the preset into my Helix floor and when bypassing the Looper block no difference in level occurs. Drag and drop the same preset into HX Native set to strip out the extraneous bits and it functions perfectly normally. I had a dry guitar track that I re-amped through the Helix preset and back into Logic using the TBProAudio mvMeter2 plug-in.  A visible discrepancy is displayed when the preset is playing through Native and you then delete the disabled Looper block. Using the same preset, with the looper stripped out by Native on import, there is no dicernable difference on the VU meter between the signal from Helix hardware and what is output from HX Native.

I concede that this should not be happening, but if you use the recommended preset import method, then this is not an issue. Considering there is absolutely no reason to import any hardware features that don't work, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. But a bug is a bug, well spotted.

• Upvote 1

On 8/6/2021 at 8:19 AM, OuppeM said:

The volume that I monitored was loud enough but whatever i have turned the volume knob up it reamped to DAW the output always became -10dB about.

That's the level you want for re-amping. It leaves headroom for overtones/harmonics/dynamics. The closer you get to 0db the more likely that you'll get digital distortion, not desirable.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have found a bug using the expression pedal switch with command center. 

I am use 2 additional external expression pedals and therefore haven’t been using the expression pedal switch. I started learning about the command center functions and decided to put that switch to use. 

My helix lives in 10 stomp mode. I have one main preset and 2 additional presets that I occasionally use. I want to use e expression switch to toggle between the three presets (therefore never having to leave 10 stomp view). 

In preset 1 & 2 have the expression switch set to “next preset”. In preset 3 I’d like to set it to go to preset 1 (in other words I want to be able to just loop between these 3 presets). 

The expression pedal switch works fine when set to “next” or “previous” but doesn’t do anything when set to go to a specific preset. 

Thanks for the help!

4 hours ago, lizarddust said:

I think I have found a bug using the expression pedal switch with command center. 

I am use 2 additional external expression pedals and therefore haven’t been using the expression pedal switch. I started learning about the command center functions and decided to put that switch to use. 

My helix lives in 10 stomp mode. I have one main preset and 2 additional presets that I occasionally use. I want to use e expression switch to toggle between the three presets (therefore never having to leave 10 stomp view). 

In preset 1 & 2 have the expression switch set to “next preset”. In preset 3 I’d like to set it to go to preset 1 (in other words I want to be able to just loop between these 3 presets). 

The expression pedal switch works fine when set to “next” or “previous” but doesn’t do anything when set to go to a specific preset. 

Thanks for the help!

Confirmed.

It works as expected using a regular FS.

Possible that using the toe switch like that was not anticipated (it is a strange usage), so not tested for, and consequently a bit of missing code.

While testing this I also noticed that if you set the Preset# directly (vs using the up/down arrows), regardless whether using TS or FS, when you hit ENTER it jumps down two numbers, requiring that you use the arrows.

Time to open a support ticket. Make sure you're on FW and HX Edit version 3.11. It's the first thing they'll have you do.

After further testing, I think the problem is related to the default action of the TS, which is to switch Exp Pedals.

After all, you wouldn't want to have the preset change when using the TS to activate a WAH or Vol Block!

So, maybe not a bug at all, just a conflict that should be resolved by disabling the custom functions on the toe switch (not user configurable).

That's probably what support will tell you, along with "we'll tell the engineers", for whom a fix will likely be a low priority.

• Upvote 1

I am seeing my Windows 10 PC reboot when using the HX Stomp (fw 3.10) and jamming along with youtube songs.  I would suspect a driver issue but when the PC reboots I hear what sounds like the PC power supply cutting out.  The PC keeps trying to restart but cuts off almost instantly and repeats.  If I power off the HX Stomp the PC boots fine??  I know the HX Stomp driver is not involved at this low running level (BIOS).  I have other USB interfaces and have never seen this problem.  Is anyone else seeing a similar issue?

PS - Love this pedal.

Thanks,

Ken

3 hours ago, kzmaier said:

I am seeing my Windows 10 PC reboot when using the HX Stomp (fw 3.10) and jamming along with youtube songs.  I would suspect a driver issue but when the PC reboots I hear what sounds like the PC power supply cutting out.  The PC keeps trying to restart but cuts off almost instantly and repeats.  If I power off the HX Stomp the PC boots fine??  I know the HX Stomp driver is not involved at this low running level (BIOS).  I have other USB interfaces and have never seen this problem.  Is anyone else seeing a similar issue?

PS - Love this pedal.

Thanks,

Ken

The first place I would look is the Windows Event Log. System Events is probably the best place to start considering what is happening. 

https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-use-event-viewer-in-windows-10/

On 9/8/2021 at 10:33 AM, kzmaier said:

PS - Love this pedal.

Thanks,

Ken

You are probably dealing with a different issue but I thought I would throw this out there as I just encountered it on my own PC. Sometimes the motherboard vendor's drivers and/or apps are too old or get out of synch with Windows. I recently got a Gigabyte MB that was bluescreen/rebooting every time the PC came out of sleep or the screensaver . It turned out to be the Gigabyte's "Fastboot" and/or "Easytune" applications. Both of these applications have Intel or Microsoft equivalents(which is what I ended up using). In this case, as soon as I removed these two Gigabyte apps, the "Kernel" error I was getting that was causing the reboots went away. Btw, neither of those two apps(Fastboot or Easytune) were running when the crashes occurred and I had no overclocking in place. The apps just being installed was enough to cause the kernel panics.  Also, it may help to ensure your Windows version is fully updated.

This recent experience comes to mind because the critical kernel error being reported in the Microsoft Event Viewer definitely made me suspect the PSU(power supply), even though that turned out to have nothing to do with it. Moral of the story is definitely take a good hard look at MB drivers and apps before replacing your power supply. Not having the most up to date drivers/apps can also cause similar problems. In my case however, it was the latest Gigabyte apps(which probably also installed Gigabyte drivers) causing the issue.

As I mentioned, perhaps not the issue you were encountering but I hope this post helps someone at some point if not.

• Like 1

I don't know about the exp footswitch compatibility, but for a normal footswitch, instead of setting the switch to 'next preset', trying setting it to a specific preset.

E.g.

In preset 1, FS selects preset 2

In preset 2, FS selects preset 3

In preset 3, FS selects preset 1

(I have a single footswitch that does this to flip between two presets when I'm looping.)

12 hours ago, superficialt said:

I don't know about the exp footswitch compatibility, but for a normal footswitch, instead of setting the switch to 'next preset', trying setting it to a specific preset.

E.g.

In preset 1, FS selects preset 2

In preset 2, FS selects preset 3

In preset 3, FS selects preset 1

(I have a single footswitch that does this to flip between two presets when I'm looping.)

This is what I’m trying to do. When I set the expression pedal to go up or down a preset it works fine. When I set it to go to a specific preset it doesn’t do anything when I press the switch. 

The regular foot switches work fine as far as being able to go to a specific preset. 

I am currently using all 10 footswitches in Stomp mode. I realized that I wasn’t using the expression switch so I figured I’d use it to be able to switch  between a couple of presets while never leaving 10 stomp mode. 

Not sure if anyone is seeing this issue or not - I've searched here and Google and haven't seen references to it. 

Every time I unplug/turn off my Helix, my PC crashes (BSOD, etc.)

Hardware: Helix
Firmware/Editor: Firmware 3.11; HX Edit 3.11 

Attach Preset: Occurs no matter what preset is selected
Bug: Windows 10 crashes when Helix is unplugged or turned off (whether HX Edit is running or not). Drivers and software/firmware are up to date.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize if it's somewhere in previous 55 pages, and, since I didnt find it in fw3.11 release notes...

Block bypass states are not correctly displayed in HX Edit in spillover mode

Helix Floor 3.11.0-b5021b0. Windows 10. HX Edit 3.11

to replicate:

1.enter spillover mode,  action+home

2.in a blank preset, add whatever block. say, kinky boost

3.set it on snapshot 1 to "on", on snapshot 2 to "off", save

now toggle back and forth between snapshots, on HX Edit the changes are not displayed, but on Helix Floor screen it's all correct

if you exit spillover mode, block bypass states are correct in HX Edit

Hi.. unfortunately it's me again : (

I still have those problems I wrote about here some 10 posts ago (Aug 8th). After some research I found an unanswered thread from a guy who had the same problem here in this official forum:

So it seems, that I am not the only one. But what can I do?

I changed USB cables, used another USB port, everything is up-to-date (Helix LT + HX Edit), did a factory reset... don't know what else I could do.

46 minutes ago, Belandriel said:

Hi.. unfortunately it's me again : (

I still have those problems I wrote about here some 10 posts ago (Aug 8th). After some research I found an unanswered thread from a guy who had the same problem here in this official forum:

So it seems, that I am not the only one. But what can I do?

I changed USB cables, used another USB port, everything is up-to-date (Helix LT + HX Edit), did a factory reset... don't know what else I could do.

Hi,

“So it seems, that I am not the only one.”

Hmm. Well, if that is the only other post that gives a total of 2.

As the other post that you flagged is over 3 years old (and never had a single reply), it appears that the OP has never visited the forum since he last checked in way back January 2019. I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for a reply.

This place is a user group and is not routinely visited by Line 6 staff - see the second black banner “Why is Line 6 not responding” at the top of this page.

The best thing to do in these circumstances is to raise a ticket with Customer Support, as the whole issue of USB is surrounded by some sort of Voodoo beyond the skills of people here.

EDIT: The only solution provided here is, if you click on the question mark inside the black dot in the lower right hand  corner, there is a link to USB Connection Issues.

Edited by datacommando
Added info

I found a strange behaviour of my HX Stomp (Firmware 3.11) that I control with an external Arduino-based MIDI Controller (for program changes, snapshots and block activation). The problem does not occur with another (coomercial) Midi-Controller I have, still this is very annoying, as my complete rig is build around this controller AND IT USED TO WORK FLAWLESS until I updated to 3.10/3.11.

Directly after switching the hx on, everything works fine:

• Block activation via midi works AND is shown on the HX (blocks greyed out or activated)
  • Values (e.g. Delay time) can be changed AND these changes are visible on the HX

After a progam change via the Midi Controller

• Block activation and value changes still work but are no longer displayed on the HX

See a video here!

Probably, my Arduino controller is struggeling with the changes in the midi implementation introduced with Release 3.10:

New and Improved MIDI Implementation

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Effects, HX Stomp, HX Stomp XL

• MIDI Snapshot changes on CC69 that are received during preset loads will now be buffered and executed once the preset load is finished. This means that you can send a MIDI Snapshot change immediately after a PC message to effectively load a preset with a different Snapshot than it was saved with
  • Bank/Preset/Snapshot Up and Down messages how properly work via incoming FS1/FS7 emulation MIDI messages
  • FS1/2/3 emulation MIDI messages can now be momentary for HX Stomp (values 64-127 = press; values 0-63 = release)
  • Stomp switch emulation MIDI messages now work while in preset or snapshot footswitch mode
  • New MIDI message (Helix Floor/Rack/LT/HX Stomp XL): CC71 engages the MODE switch
  • New MIDI message: CC 72 value 64-127 = next preset, value 0-63 = previous preset
  • New MIDI message (Helix LT, HX Stomp, HX Stomp XL): CC 73 toggles between Play and Edit views

Anyway, I will look further into this. Even if this might be related to the Arduino midi implementation, any help is highly welcome. Anybody else have similar problems? Please let me know!

5 hours ago, MarshallArts said:

I found a strange behaviour of my HX Stomp (Firmware 3.11) that I control with an external Arduino-based MIDI Controller (for program changes, snapshots and block activation). The problem does not occur with another (coomercial) Midi-Controller I have, still this is very annoying, as my complete rig is build around this controller AND IT USED TO WORK FLAWLESS until I updated to 3.10/3.11.

Directly after switching the hx on, everything works fine:

• Block activation via midi works AND is shown on the HX (blocks greyed out or activated)
  • Values (e.g. Delay time) can be changed AND these changes are visible on the HX

After a progam change via the Midi Controller

• Block activation and value changes still work but are no longer displayed on the HX

See a video here!

Probably, my Arduino controller is struggeling with the changes in the midi implementation introduced with Release 3.10:

I'm assuming that you are still on v3.11.

I'm NOT assuming that you followed the update directions COMPLETELY.

Don't take it personally, there's one step that many people miss, because it doesn't seem to make sense.

Start by doing a Factory Reset.

If that doesn't fix it, re-install the FW v3.11, making certain that you follow the directions COMPLETLY, including doing the Factory Reset AFTER the update (that's the step).

If it still doesn't work, use a MIDI Monitor to see EXACTLY what the Arduino is sending.

See if you can borrow another external controller to test with.

If it still doesn't work, open a support ticket.

I use an FCB1010 with the UNO2 chip, and have no such problems on my HXS or my Floor.

FWIW - someone on TGP discovered, and I've confirmed, that when using FS toggling from an external controller, ON/OFF Values (127/0) are ignored, the toggle occurs regardless of the Value sent. Just so you don't go crazy trying to figure out what's wrong with your controller!

• Like 1

This was a perfect recommendation, thanks - I did the backup/factory reset/restore process and I dont recognize the issues with the "frozen values" any more. However, some program changes (with even numbers, very strange) did not work, so the HX reacted to Program 1, 3, 5 etc but would always jump to program 1 when I wanted to trigger 2, 4, 6 etc. So I installed a midi monitor and it seems that the arduino software I programmed always sends two program changes. A "1" always followed by the requested program:

IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:07,32 |    1   | PROGRAM CHANGE Patch/Program - Number: 1
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:07,60 |    1   | PROGRAM CHANGE Patch/Program - Number: 4
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:07,79 |    1   | Control CHANGE Hold 2: off 
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:07,95 |    1   | Control CHANGE Foot Controller 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:07,113|    1   | Control CHANGE Portamento Time 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:07,136|    1   | Control CHANGE Data Entry MSB 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:07,154|    1   | Control CHANGE Channel (formerly main) Volume 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:07,216|    1   | Control CHANGE Balance 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:07,231|    1   | Control CHANGE Undefined 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:07,247|    1   | Control CHANGE Pan 127
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:07,263|    1   | Control CHANGE Expression Controller 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:08,641|    1   | PROGRAM CHANGE Patch/Program - Number: 1
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:08,663|    1   | PROGRAM CHANGE Patch/Program - Number: 3
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:08,683|    1   | Control CHANGE Hold 2: off 
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:08,700|    1   | Control CHANGE Foot Controller 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:08,717|    1   | Control CHANGE Portamento Time 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:08,741|    1   | Control CHANGE Data Entry MSB 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:08,759|    1   | Control CHANGE Channel (formerly main) Volume 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:08,795|    1   | Control CHANGE Balance 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:08,830|    1   | Control CHANGE Undefined 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:08,846|    1   | Control CHANGE Pan 127
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:08,864|    1   | Control CHANGE Expression Controller 127
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:39,199|    1   | PROGRAM CHANGE Patch/Program - Number: 1
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:39,222|    1   | PROGRAM CHANGE Patch/Program - Number: 2
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:39,246|    1   | Control CHANGE Hold 2: off 
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:39,263|    1   | Control CHANGE Foot Controller 127
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:39,317|    1   | Control CHANGE Portamento Time 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:39,350|    1   | Control CHANGE Data Entry MSB 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:39,367|    1   | Control CHANGE Channel (formerly main) Volume 127
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:39,396|    1   | Control CHANGE Balance 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:39,436|    1   | Control CHANGE Undefined 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:39,548|    1   | Control CHANGE Pan 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:39,599|    1   | Control CHANGE Expression Controller 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:43,228|    1   | PROGRAM CHANGE Patch/Program - Number: 1
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:43,254|    1   | PROGRAM CHANGE Patch/Program - Number: 1
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:43,274|    1   | Control CHANGE Hold 2: off 
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:43,290|    1   | Control CHANGE Foot Controller 127
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:43,322|    1   | Control CHANGE Portamento Time 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:43,339|    1   | Control CHANGE Data Entry MSB 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:43,368|    1   | Control CHANGE Channel (formerly main) Volume 127
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:43,414|    1   | Control CHANGE Balance 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:43,433|    1   | Control CHANGE Undefined 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:43,450|    1   | Control CHANGE Pan 0
     IN    |25.09.2021 12:44:43,472|    1   | Control CHANGE Expression Controller 0 

With the old releases (Pre 1.10), that obviously worked, now it seems that the HX does not recognize the second program change on even program numbers. Well, I guess, I have to review my 3 year old code for that ;-)

Thanks again!

Matthias

2 hours ago, MarshallArts said:

Fixed the issue - I was able to get rid of the duplicate PC messages, works again. Obviously, the older HX firmware was more tolerant in accepting a second PC message sent immediatly after the first one.

There was an issue with not loading a specific snapshot after a PC message, so they added a "wait" time. That could be what caused the problem for you.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...