Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

1 hour ago, MatthewMcGhee said:

I have Helix Floor on 3.15... expression pedal is lowering volume by itself out of nowhere down to 70-80%s. Anyone experienced this? I just did a complete reset. 

EDIT: Can anyone provide instructions on downgrading firmware please? 

Download Helix updater.  Run it.  Select 3.11. 

23 hours ago, FearTheAbyss said:

Hello. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Line 6 HX Stomp XL

Firmware 3.1+ (tried the 3 most recent ones)

HX Edit a- I’ve tried the 2 most recent updates

Windows 10

Currently, I’m experiencing no sound when the unit is FULLY booted up. I hear a dry signal when you first turn the unit on, but once the unit is booted it cuts out.

The weird thing is, I 100% know that this is a software issue. Everything worked before I did a factory reset so I could sell it. Having 2nd thoughts, I was going to give it another go. I installed all the lastest firmwares and started trying to make a patch. I get no sound, none of the stock presets work. It’s pretty much just bricked.

i uninstalled everything and tried again, didn’t work. Reverted back to older firmwares, nothing worked. Updated the older firmwares to the latest ones, no luck. 

Am I missing something here?

Bump

1 hour ago, FearTheAbyss said:

Bump

1) In regard to the following - make no assumptions. JUST DO IT!

2) DL and install HX Edit 3.15.

3) Do a factory reset.

If that doesn't fix it:

4) Re-flash your FW using the Line6 Updater, the latest version of which installs with HX Edit.

FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

5) FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

6) See 1)

7) If, after having done all of that while FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS, contact support. There's nothing anyone here can do for you.

• Upvote 1

My LT has locked up/froze several times now while trying to get to a certain preset.  The only fix is to reboot and try again, but subsequent attempts yield the same result until I found a workaround.  Here are some details:

So far, it only seems to happen when I try accessing a certain preset.  If it matters, the preset I’m going to has a new 3.15 addition, the Tesselator.  In addition, this preset contains Shuffle Looper and some CPU-intensive effects like the Poly Capo.  Safe to say that this preset is on the brink of being “maxed out” in terms of CPU availability…if that could be part of the reason.  That said we ALL have some presets that are maxed, or near-maxed.

Here’s how it all goes down-  I’ll be on a given preset and then I’ll use the bank footswitches to get to the back that holds the preset in question.  When I tap the preset’s corresponding foot switch, nothing happens, and then it freezes up.  Doesn’t matter what footswitch or button I press, the screen is locked showing all of my presets in that particular bank.

Through trial and error, I’ve found that I can access the preset via the Preset wheel/knob, but there’s just something about using the foot switches that it’s not liking.  Sometimes it lets me, but most of the time it doesn’t.  I know it isn’t the footswitch (that corresponds to the preset) itself, because the switch gives me no issues within other banks.

FWIW, this isn’t a case where I had just updated to 3.15, created the new preset, and then all of this started happening.  I updated weeks ago, and created the preset within a few days later, so there’s that. 

3.15 update - Using Ext Amp (EXP 2) Instant Commands with My HX Effects, and changing the command from tip, ring or whatever to change amp channels, seems to effect (EXP1) My expression pedal in EXP1 stops working on all presets.

2 hours ago, rd2rk said:

1) In regard to the following - make no assumptions. JUST DO IT!

2) DL and install HX Edit 3.15.

3) Do a factory reset.

If that doesn't fix it:

4) Re-flash your FW using the Line6 Updater, the latest version of which installs with HX Edit.

FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

5) FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

6) See 1)

7) If, after having done all of that while FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS, contact support. There's nothing anyone here can do for you.

I’ve already submitted a support ticket. Here’s what I’ve done so far.

Reset to factory settings and wiped PC with all Line 6 software with intent to sell.

Had a friend that was interested, so I tried to install the latest firmware via line 6 updater and the newest HX Edit.

No signal, bricked. 

Wiped PC and reset to factory settings. Installed HX Edit first, then installed the firmware via HX Edit. Nada, no go.

2 hours ago, C4TH said:

3.15 update - Using Ext Amp (EXP 2) Instant Commands with My HX Effects, and changing the command from tip, ring or whatever to change amp channels, seems to effect (EXP1) My expression pedal in EXP1 stops working on all presets.

I am able to reproduce this and have logged a bug for it. It seems to go all the way back to 3.00.0 if not further.  It does not seem to happen if you use EXP1 for the ext amp control and EXP2 for expression. For now I would recommend using this configuration as a workaround.

3 minutes ago, jdomine said:

I am able to reproduce this and have logged a bug for it. It seems to go all the way back to 3.00.0 if not further.  It does not seem to happen if you use EXP1 for the ext amp control and EXP2 for expression. For now I would recommend using this configuration as a workaround.

Thanks for confirming. Thanks a lot 

On 2/26/2022 at 5:28 PM, shmaque said:

Hit my first show-stopper level 3.15 issue today (Helix Floor):

I like to run Stomp/Snap mode, with four snapshots on the bottom row and four stomps on the top (for my live style, it just works best for me). However, on some presets, I end up using more than 4 snapshots. Rather than manually having to remember which presets to hit bank up+down to switch to 8-snap display, I’ve taken to assigning snapshots to some of the top row stomp switches via command center. This worked great through 3.11, but at least one of those presets went berserk today on 3.15. 
snapshot1 looks & behaves totally normal (first image), but when I hit snaps 2-4, the upper row flips to SNAPSHOT^ on all buttons. 

To fix this, I had to enable “recall” for snapshot edits, and walk through every snap in the patch, manually fixing the command center setting, then re-save. Basically, I’m saying something broke my preset in the 3.15 preset rebuild & only retained the snapshot setting metadata for the first snap in these kind of patches. The rest knew there was a cmd center event, and knew it was a snapshot event, but overwrote it with “1” (Next).

Yes, I did a full factory reset & restore from backup when upgrading, including letting it rebuild all of my presets after the restore. 

EDIT: even stranger, it only appears to have affected this one preset. All of my others (which only have one cmdCenter snap saved as a stomp vs the 4 here) are fine 

EDIT #2: You know what, I apologize. I just went back and decoded/parsed all of my setlist backups for the past year. This issue has been in my patch since at least last August, which tells me something different, but equally interesting: this must've been a bug in previous firmware, where snapshots didn't honor different parameters on CommandCenter settings from one snap to the next that they fixed in 3.15. I don't see anything specifically tied to it in the release notes, but perhaps it was related to some of the other CommandCenter bug fixes. So, yeah. The firmware is actually doing what it's supposed to now. *shrug*

FB36B99D-5C6A-4A15-B5DD-4F989A76A328.jpeg

BA6F1E03-495C-4B48-92D5-EC3C7332F5F2.jpeg

I have experienced this identical issue and am trying to work through it with a number of presets.  I have never experienced anything like this in any previous firmware versions. 

After doing some trouble shooting on my end, the only thing that worked for me was to open HX Edit to the problem patch, then also open the "Command Center".  I then would click on the button I was programing in Command Center, in my case it was button number 3, and I was programming it to select Snapshot #5 to that button in the "HX Snapshot" control menu of the command center.  

I would then select each snapshot using the dropdown menu/list at the top of HX Edit and I would see the snapshot assignment for that button change/revert back to "next snapshot" instead of Snapshot #5 that I initially programmed onto that button.  I would then manually change it from "next snapshot" back to "Snapshot 5" that I wanted on that button, then I would save the patch.  I would then select the next snapshot from the dropdown list at the top of HX Edit and continue to do that same process for each snapshot.  Once I did this the changes were saved on all the snapshots and the patch would work correctly.  

This is definitely a bug, or if not a bug, a severe unintended consequence to the new ability to stack snapshots on one button.

I have some work ahead of me to change a number of patches to get them to work correctly.  

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone else has noises when using any Pitch changer preset? Doesnt matter if simple or poly-Pitch. If you down-Pitch even by 1 Semitone, i get a wobbly noise.

Use it for bass. You can hear it at lot in super low tunings but even from a simple D->C is noticable.

I was using the Simple-Pitch for Years now, but since 3.15 it makes those noises.

The lower the more noticable.

On 4/1/2022 at 12:02 PM, ech0FX said:

Does anyone else has noises when using any Pitch changer preset? Doesnt matter if simple or poly-Pitch. If you down-Pitch even by 1 Semitone, i get a wobbly noise.

Use it for bass. You can hear it at lot in super low tunings but even from a simple D->C is noticable.

I was using the Simple-Pitch for Years now, but since 3.15 it makes those noises.

Are you putting the pitch change FIRST in the chain?

Help me please.  There was a problem. Version 3.11 was installed. After that, the settings were reset and version 3.15 was installed. The problem has not been resolved. Did a reset again and installed version 2.82. did not help. Now it costs 3.10.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:02 AM, Egery4 said:

Help me please.  There was a problem. Version 3.11 was installed. After that, the settings were reset and version 3.15 was installed. The problem has not been resolved. Did a reset again and installed version 2.82. did not help. Now it costs 3.10.

143 B · 2 downloads

On 4/4/2022 at 10:05 AM, Egery4 said:

Similar problem.

Hi,

You say that you installed the v3.15 firmware update, but you did not say if you followed the installation notes that state you should make a backup of your Helix prior to the update, then after it completes, you should perform a factory reset, and then restore from the backup.

In any situation where things do not work as expected, or you experience any other weird things happening with your hardware - perform a factory reset. If you still experience abnormal behaviour with the unit, re-flash the firmware and follow the instructions precisely.

Essentially you are dealing with a computer and software- it’s very rare that a software update will brick your hardware. It all lights up - quite possibly a it’s just a glitch!

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT:

I have just seen your post in the thread where that video was originally posted. If you have tried all the usual methods to fix this issue, without success, then you need to raise a ticket with Support, as suggested in the other thread.

Edited by datacommando
Added comment
  • Upvote 1

On 4/5/2022 at 4:28 AM, Egery4 said:

What other options might there be?

Hi,

Other options? Well, none here, this is a user group that deals with general minor issues.

In the other thread where you got the video, there is a response from “psarkissian”, who is a Line 6 service engineer, and he stated:- Log a Support ticket in your account. That will have to be serviced.”

I cannot understand why Customer Support said they couldn’t help you at the moment. Their job is to support the customer. There must be more to it than that. That answer makes absolutely no sense at all.

• Upvote 1

also my Helix Rack (3.15 and on previous firm) sounds different random, though no level was changed. For 1 - 2 or three days is good, day after is bad. All comments previous are usefull! but i can't understand why that happens.

Anyone knows how to run an auto-test for its harware?
Thank you very much indeed.

On 4/6/2022 at 2:03 PM, Pinkmania said:

also my Helix Rack (3.15 and on previous firm) sounds different random, though no level was changed. For 1 - 2 or three days is good, day after is bad. All comments previous are usefull! but i can't understand why that happens.

Anyone knows how to run an auto-test for its harware?
Thank you very much indeed.

Hi,

In any situation where things do not work as expected, or you experience any other weird things happening with your hardware - perform a factory reset. If you still experience abnormal behaviour with the unit, re-flash the firmware and follow the instructions precisely.

All reset options for your Helix Rack can be found here:

https://helixhelp.com/tips-and-guides/universal/reset-options

• Thanks 1

Still getting these constantly. And once it happens, not only HX Edit craps out but the Helix itself is freezing in, requiring a reboot.

Never had this happen with any earlier FW version. I'm seriously considering going back to 3.1.

Fwiw, I'm on macOS Mojave.

1798718562_HXEdit.jpg.611b9af9d3f3823bb45f925b841b9c7c.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thank you very much datacommando,

in the past I had already made factory reset also with previous firmware, but not reflash.
Today I have reflash and perform a factory reset before and after reflashing. Now It seems all good, I hope next days still remains stable.
Unfortunately for Helix Rack, see page you linked, doesn't show "test mode" for Helix Rack, Floor only. Even if is not explain what test perform.
Several keys if pressend before booting, show some misterious menu. I can't remember which ones, but I think avoid that can be dangerous.

I'll post a feedback if Helix remain stable.
Have a good day. Thanks a lot.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:13 AM, datacommando said:

Hi,

In any situation where things do not work as expected, or you experience any other weird things happening with your hardware - perform a factory reset. If you still experience abnormal behaviour with the unit, re-flash the firmware and follow the instructions precisely.

All reset options for your Helix Rack can be found here:

https://helixhelp.com/tips-and-guides/universal/reset-options

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 3:12 PM, Pinkmania said:

Unfortunately for Helix Rack, see page you linked, doesn't show "test mode" for Helix Rack, Floor only. Even if is not explain what test perform.

Oops! I forgot that the Helix Rack doesn’t have the “test” feature- only the Floor an LT models. Even if the Rack had the test, I’m not sure if it would have helped your random audio changes.

Here is a link to a video which shows what tests can be done on the Helix Floor.

Glad you managed to get your Rack unit working properly. Have fun.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/8/2022 at 8:07 PM, datacommando said:

Oops! I forgot that the Helix Rack doesn’t have the “test” feature- only the Floor an LT models. Even if the Rack had the test, I’m not sure if it would have helped your random audio changes.

Here is a link to a video which shows what tests can be done on the Helix Floor.

Glad you managed to get your Rack unit working properly. Have fun.

Wow! You're very kindly.
I had forgot, but looking at that video, I remembered with previous Helix unit, who dealer changed me because encoder N° 5 didn't works just back at home, before coming back to shop I tried to push some keys at boot (not only encoder) . One of them, I can't remember which ones, sent LCD in the same screen shown in video, as You said It didn't help me. That feature is a test maybe for controls. No diagnostic!
So previous Helix was replaced at once by dealer. With new unit since last 3 year I avoid "dangerous experiments"! Multi reset and reflashing, for now, seems works ;)
Thank You.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

FYI-Having same lock up issue with specific presets no matter which way I approach accessing them. I now have done all prescribed resets 'following directions' with the same fault. Though it seems that it might take a day or so before it occurs. Back graded to previous firmware 3.1 and have not had the issue occur on same preset. Going to support.  Note: When first occurred I had the issue with a preset I downloaded from the CustomeTone page. The last reset the issue has locked onto is a purchased preset from the MarketPlace which has never been a problem before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 6:57 PM, canadianjamest said:

I have experienced this identical issue and am trying to work through it with a number of presets.  I have never experienced anything like this in any previous firmware versions. 

After doing some trouble shooting on my end, the only thing that worked for me was to open HX Edit to the problem patch, then also open the "Command Center".  I then would click on the button I was programing in Command Center, in my case it was button number 3, and I was programming it to select Snapshot #5 to that button in the "HX Snapshot" control menu of the command center.  

I would then select each snapshot using the dropdown menu/list at the top of HX Edit and I would see the snapshot assignment for that button change/revert back to "next snapshot" instead of Snapshot #5 that I initially programmed onto that button.  I would then manually change it from "next snapshot" back to "Snapshot 5" that I wanted on that button, then I would save the patch.  I would then select the next snapshot from the dropdown list at the top of HX Edit and continue to do that same process for each snapshot.  Once I did this the changes were saved on all the snapshots and the patch would work correctly.  

This is definitely a bug, or if not a bug, a severe unintended consequence to the new ability to stack snapshots on one button.

I have some work ahead of me to change a number of patches to get them to work correctly.  

I too have experienced this very same problem.  Thanks for posting a workaround, and I hope the Helix team sorts this problem in the next release.

Scott

On 5/21/2022 at 3:57 PM, melodiusthunk said:

I too have experienced this very same problem.  Thanks for posting a workaround, and I hope the Helix team sorts this problem in the next release.

Scott

It's not a bug, it's the way it works now. They might have done a better job of documenting it though.

• 4 weeks later...

With HX effects:

I think it is a bug within the 3.15.0 firmware. Firtst, I did a factory reset on the HX device. After that, the first thing I did was to change global settings for the "Exp Pedal 2" to Ext Amp. So that jack plug will go to the amp channel input jack. The problem is that whatever I choose in the settings for "Exp pedal 1" or "Exp pedal 2", only the "Exp pedal 1" works when changing amp channel. If I plug the cable on the "Exp pedal 2" plug in the HX nothing happens whatever the settings are. Can you confirm this? Thank you

On 6/13/2022 at 2:02 PM, joanesinu said:

With HX effects:

I think it is a bug within the 3.15.0 firmware. Firtst, I did a factory reset on the HX device. After that, the first thing I did was to change global settings for the "Exp Pedal 2" to Ext Amp. So that jack plug will go to the amp channel input jack. The problem is that whatever I choose in the settings for "Exp pedal 1" or "Exp pedal 2", only the "Exp pedal 1" works when changing amp channel. If I plug the cable on the "Exp pedal 2" plug in the HX nothing happens whatever the settings are. Can you confirm this? Thank you

I solved the problem.

I had a wrong configuration. To use the EXP pedal 2 output the Ext Amp has to be on the options of "2 None" "2 (Tip)" "2 (Ring)" or "2 (T+R)". I was using the "1 (Tip)". So, the number on the config screen indicates the output, the EXP pedal output number.

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2022 at 8:34 AM, GiancarloM74 said:

Floor: Nobody noticed if using the headphone output and setting the headphone knob to zero the signal is reproduced the same but only the left side?

I just tested 2 pairs of headphones (Audio Technica ATH-M50x, and some cheapo Superlux HD668B) with my Helix floor. They work exactly as expected. Stereo all the way from loud down to zero. No change in balance between left and right.

Check your Helix with another set of good phones that you know work correctly. If it still happens clean the headphone socket with Electric Contact Cleaner. If you still have a problem with the left channel there may be an issue with the connection to the board and you may need a service engineer to check it out.

Hope this helps/makes sense

• 2 weeks later...

HX Stomp on v3.15
Snapshots are changing parameters that I have assigned to Midi CC commands and not as Snapshot parameters.

How I found the issue:
It happens with any parameter assigned to a midi CC# but I found it while trying to toggle a note sync on a delay between 1/4 and 1/8 Dotted. When I change to a different snapshot the note sync goes back to what that snapshot was saved as. This parameter was not assigned as a snapshot edit.

This happens with snapshot edit set to discard as well as recall. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/23/2022 at 3:04 PM, natewan said:

HX Stomp on v3.15
Snapshots are changing parameters that I have assigned to Midi CC commands and not as Snapshot parameters.

How I found the issue:
It happens with any parameter assigned to a midi CC# but I found it while trying to toggle a note sync on a delay between 1/4 and 1/8 Dotted. When I change to a different snapshot the note sync goes back to what that snapshot was saved as. This parameter was not assigned as a snapshot edit.

This happens with snapshot edit set to discard as well as recall. 

Very strange, and not necessarily MIDI related (I duplicated it with no MIDI involvement).

Have fun explaining this to support... :-)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/1/2022 at 7:02 PM, ech0FX said:

I logged here to see if anyone else is having the same issue and it seems that I am not the only one.

I have Pitch changer in the "first" block, actually noise gate is first but it is disabled/bypassed in both snapshots where wobbly noise happens. I use the pitch block for matching my guitar tuning to different songs and in the acoustic parts where reverb is enabled after pitch this wobbly noise is audible clearly, especially in open chords.

I have tested with different reverb blocks and they all produce the same wobbliness. It disappears when pitch block is disabled/bypassed. 

Settings for pitch block are: position=100%, Heel&Toe=-1, Mix=100%, Level=0.0dB

On 6/30/2022 at 12:39 AM, reetu said:

I logged here to see if anyone else is having the same issue and it seems that I am not the only one.

I have Pitch changer in the "first" block, actually noise gate is first but it is disabled/bypassed in both snapshots where wobbly noise happens. I use the pitch block for matching my guitar tuning to different songs and in the acoustic parts where reverb is enabled after pitch this wobbly noise is audible clearly, especially in open chords.

I have tested with different reverb blocks and they all produce the same wobbliness. It disappears when pitch block is disabled/bypassed. 

Settings for pitch block are: position=100%, Heel&Toe=-1, Mix=100%, Level=0.0dB

I wouldn’t have very high expectations for using the pitch effects with an acoustic guitar…

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hardware: HX Stomp XL

Firmware: 3.15.0

Description: Global Settings -> Footswitches -> Snapshot Mode -> Toggle leads to glitched Stomp mode display when in Edit view

On my Stomp XL, the new Toggle option added to the Snapshot Mode global setting in 3.15 works great, unless I switch into Snapshot mode from within Edit view. If I do so, the display for Stomp mode gets messed up and seems to stay that way. The issue remains even if I toggle away from Snapshot mode and back to Preset mode; from there, switching into Stomp mode still gives the wrong display. The issue occurs regardless of if Stomp Mode is set to 6 Switch or 4 Switch in the global settings.

My best guess is that the issue is only visual, since the footswitches still seem to perform their functions correctly when in Stomp mode; it's just that the display is wrong. And as long as I never switch into Snapshot mode starting from within Edit view (i.e. just staying among the Preset/Stomp/Snapshot screens), the Snapshot Mode -> Toggle setting seems to work as intended.

So to recap how to replicate:

1. Enable Global Settings -> Footswitches -> Snapshot Mode -> Toggle.
  2. Enter Edit view on any patch.
  3. Switch into Snapshot mode (so that you see the four snapshots on screen).
  4. Switch into Stomp mode (by pressing the Mode footswitch) and observe the glitched display.

Here is a video for clarity: https://streamable.com/7vtria.

Can anyone else replicate this? Thanks!

Hardware: Helix  hx effects
Firmware/Editor: Firmware 3.15 HX
Global Settings: snapshots discard changes (recall)

Bugs related to midi :

1. No fw to midi out of midi in incoming sysex messages (yes there are otber pedals chained after the hx on my pedalboard which need configuration also)

2. When configuring each instant midi message (im) for each Snapshot, even when keeping the same type of command (eg. Prog change) for the same im number, but just changing the value for each Snapshot (cc value or prog change number), hx randomly applies/change this value to all the snapshots and not only to the current one. And yes, i'm saving the preset after each modification. Sometimes it works, most of the time not. I did everything : factory reset and just make 1 config, update to latest firmware... Always the same random behavior

3. How can I disable one im in a specific Snapshot ?  Of course no need if i only have 2 snapshots as hx des not resend the same im consecutively. Anyway if i have more snapshots, and navigating not always in the same order from one snapshot to another, it becomes necessary to disable some im for some snapshots.

eg :

im1 pc midi 1 program 1

im2 : cc midi 1 cc 10 value x

Snap 1 : im1, no change in im2

Snap 2 : im1, im2 with value 1

Snap 3 : im1, im2 with value 2

how do i set im2 in Snap 1 to not change to any New value ? (When moving Snap 2 to Snap 1 or Snap 3 to Snap 1)

4. When updating the audio processing chain by eg. just adding a gain, most of the time all im of all snapshots are lost, which honestly have nothing to do with the audio processing itself.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2022 at 8:37 AM, VEVEF32 said:

Hardware: Helix  hx effects
Firmware/Editor: Firmware 3.15 HX
Global Settings: snapshots discard changes (recall)

Bugs related to midi :

1. No fw to midi out of midi in incoming sysex messages (yes there are otber pedals chained after the hx on my pedalboard which need configuration also)

2. When configuring each instant midi message (im) for each Snapshot, even when keeping the same type of command (eg. Prog change) for the same im number, but just changing the value for each Snapshot (cc value or prog change number), hx randomly applies/change this value to all the snapshots and not only to the current one. And yes, i'm saving the preset after each modification. Sometimes it works, most of the time not. I did everything : factory reset and just make 1 config, update to latest firmware... Always the same random behavior

3. How can I disable one im in a specific Snapshot ?  Of course no need if i only have 2 snapshots as hx des not resend the same im consecutively. Anyway if i have more snapshots, and navigating not always in the same order from one snapshot to another, it becomes necessary to disable some im for some snapshots.

eg :

im1 pc midi 1 program 1

im2 : cc midi 1 cc 10 value x

Snap 1 : im1, no change in im2

Snap 2 : im1, im2 with value 1

Snap 3 : im1, im2 with value 2

how do i set im2 in Snap 1 to not change to any New value ? (When moving Snap 2 to Snap 1 or Snap 3 to Snap 1)

4. When updating the audio processing chain by eg. just adding a gain, most of the time all im of all snapshots are lost, which honestly have nothing to do with the audio processing itself.

Thanks

1 - I'm pretty sure that sysex handling has never been a feature of any of the Helix/HX products. Since it has never been a feature it CAN'T be a BUG! If you would like to see this feature implemented in future FW versions, sign up on Ideascale and post your request there. SEARCH FIRST so as not to water down previous requests for the same feature.

2 - I have no such problems. While random inexplicable PARAMETER changes related to Snapshots have been reported and verified, the problems with Instant Commands (that's what they're called, not Instant Messages) that you describe are more likely user error. Sorry, I know you disagree, but if you start a thread in the Helix section asking for help with this specific problem I'll be happy to try and sort it out for you. The ins and outs of using ICs and Snapshots can be maddening.

3 - see 2.

4 - Again, I have no such problem, and this is the first time I've ever seen this reported. Start a thread in the Helix section and I'll try to help.

I've seen your post regarding the same issues with HXFX. I'll bet if we fix one, it will apply to both.

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2022 at 3:37 PM, VEVEF32 said:

sysex messages

Hi,

Got to agree with “rd2rk” in the post above.

Big clue - Helix family of products has never been able to respond to System Exclusive messages.

See the reply from Digital Igloo (Eric Klein, Chief Product Design Architect at Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc. / Line 6 / Ampeg) in this thread from 2017 - 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 10:46 PM, rd2rk said:

Very strange, and not necessarily MIDI related (I duplicated it with no MIDI involvement).

Have fun explaining this to support... :-)

Update on this:

I have been working with Line6 Support via email and the Support tech is very responsive. I gotta say I am very pleased with the prompt attention they are giving me.

The issue is still unresolved though. I just ended a Zoom meeting with somebody from Line6 so I could show them what I am experiencing. He told me he is still a little unsure as to what the problem is and will bring in some others at line6 for other opinions.

Hopefully we can work this bug out.