Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Bug Reports

HonestOpinion

Not sure if it's a bug, but it's definitely an inconvenience. Since updating to 3.50 I can no longer drag my presets to rearrange them in HX Edit. I have to save them into a new spot, which would over write what is there. 

Maybe a little OCD but I keep my presets alphabetized because it's easier to find them that way. 

Edited by jshearer94
adding more information.

On 11/4/2022 at 11:58 AM, acousticglue said:

a preset that was modified from a Line6 one saved to User 5 area 1B kept resetting to New Preset name, parameters were there and was only called Jmp45

Did you do the factory reset and backup restore after updating HX Edit AND the firmware?

On 11/4/2022 at 8:19 AM, jdomine said:

Good find. I have logged a bug for this and the 4-Voice Chorus. Thanks for reporting it!

Helix Native 3.5 does not provide the rate “Note Sync” option for these two effects either.

• Upvote 1

On 11/4/2022 at 10:08 AM, jshearer94 said:

Not sure if it's a bug, but it's definitely an inconvenience. Since updating to 3.50 I can no longer drag my presets to rearrange them in HX Edit. I have to save them into a new spot, which would over write what is there. 

Maybe a little OCD but I keep my presets alphabetized because it's easier to find them that way. 

Works for me, but somebody else reported that over on TGP. Unless that was you... ?

Hey, I don't know if I found some possible bugs:

Helix Floor FW3.5

- In the new Dual Cabs: When I dragged the DELAY parameter WITH THE MOUSEWHEEL in HX Edit (Win11) on the second cab HX Edit instantly crashed and closed down. I could just reopen it right away and it was working again. If I dragged the DELAY parameter with just a click on the specific time I wanted or typed in my wanted time there were no problems.

- Yesterday I was using the Helix without my PC and tried to put some FAVORTIES into a new patch. Everytime I tried to navigate to FAVORITES and clicked with the Joystick it automatically redircted me to MODULATION: MONO - STEREO. Tried it like 10 times after turning the Helix on and off, switching preses, switching setlists and so on. Then I did a short factory reset (9 and 10 whilst booting) and made 1 new favorite of a TS. It worked just fine again. I don't know if this has brought up the problem, but while it was hooked up to the PC yesterday I imported the "FAVORITE EFFECTS FREE PACK" by Worship Tutorials. These were the only favorites I had in my fav list.

On 11/5/2022 at 12:17 AM, ShelbyMustangGt said:

- In the new Dual Cabs: When I dragged the DELAY parameter WITH THE MOUSEWHEEL in HX Edit (Win11) on the second cab HX Edit instantly crashed and closed down. I could just reopen it right away and it was working again. If I dragged the DELAY parameter with just a click on the specific time I wanted or typed in my wanted time there were no problems.

Reported and verified. They're working on it.

• Thanks 1

I built a preset last night using two amps and a dual cab. Snapshot 1 has one amp on, snapshot 2 turns that amp off the second amp on and changes the cab parameters, specifically mic type, distance, positions and angle. When switching between snapshots there is a delay and a gap in sound. It's very obvious when going from gain to clean sound but still noticeable switching between two different clean amps.

Keeping the parameters exactly the same on the cab block is a seamless transition so the problem appears to be a delay or gab when switching the cab block parameters.

I'm working on making a video showing this also going to test this with one amp using different drive settings per snapshot and different cab parameters.

On 11/5/2022 at 6:17 AM, ShelbyMustangGt said:

Hey, I don't know if I found some possible bugs:

Helix Floor FW3.5

- Yesterday I was using the Helix without my PC and tried to put some FAVORTIES into a new patch. Everytime I tried to navigate to FAVORITES and clicked with the Joystick it automatically redircted me to MODULATION: MONO - STEREO. Tried it like 10 times after turning the Helix on and off, switching preses, switching setlists and so on. Then I did a short factory reset (9 and 10 whilst booting) and made 1 new favorite of a TS. It worked just fine again. I don't know if this has brought up the problem, but while it was hooked up to the PC yesterday I imported the "FAVORITE EFFECTS FREE PACK" by Worship Tutorials. These were the only favorites I had in my fav list.

Also happens in Helix Native. DAW crashes after changing delay in new dual cab. Not sure if happened with mousewheel or draggin the slider.

Doesn't crash when clicking or entering manually a delay time.

Might have a bug here on the 3.50 update on the HX Stomp. Update seemed to work just fine until I tried to select the Stomp as the audio device in my DAW (Cakewalk) which locked up. Gave it a few tries to be sure but it's doing it every time.

On 11/6/2022 at 2:54 PM, Siessi said:

Might have a bug here on the 3.50 update on the HX Stomp. Update seemed to work just fine until I tried to select the Stomp as the audio device in my DAW (Cakewalk) which locked up. Gave it a few tries to be sure but it's doing it every time.

Hi,

You may want to check out this thread -

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 11/4/2022 at 4:08 PM, jshearer94 said:

I put a suggestion in the ideascale section (or whatever is called) a long time ago about the need for a search bar in the Editor, that and to display all the MIDI information for CC, BANK, and Program change that is displayed on the helix but not in the editor, as I have mobility problem and I can't easily bend down to push the button in order to display the info.  This information is needed every time I create a new preset, which then I need for adding it to an external software that triggers the MIDI command and jumps to the correct set list, preset and snapshot.  Come on LINE 6...  Please?

On 11/4/2022 at 5:41 PM, cwlugtd said:

Installing 3,50 gave me a Boot Failure. Entering the Update Mode did not solve the situaties. HX does not recognize my Helix. 

Make sure you download HX Edit 3.50 and after has been installed, reboot your computer, as the software includes the audio driver.  After this the Helix should be detected.

On 11/4/2022 at 5:41 PM, cwlugtd said:

Installing 3,50 gave me a Boot Failure. Entering the Update Mode did not solve the situaties. HX does not recognize my Helix. 

In a “failed state” HX Edit will not connect to your device.

Go here and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 6/23/2022 at 5:04 PM, natewan said:

HX Stomp on v3.15
Snapshots are changing parameters that I have assigned to Midi CC commands and not as Snapshot parameters.

How I found the issue:
It happens with any parameter assigned to a midi CC# but I found it while trying to toggle a note sync on a delay between 1/4 and 1/8 Dotted. When I change to a different snapshot the note sync goes back to what that snapshot was saved as. This parameter was not assigned as a snapshot edit.

This happens with snapshot edit set to discard as well as recall. 

I don't if anyone else had this issue but they fixed it with the new update! I feel so heard! Thank you Line6!

In short I asked for each parameter control to had the option of bypassing Snapshot control kind of like Snapshot bypass for each effect block. And they added it!

image.png.d534f347d6058ebd7f7e19239e7752ac.png

On 11/10/2022 at 1:42 PM, ahallida said:
I use the HX Stomp as an audio interface with my DAW (Cubase 12 Pro / Windows 10 Pro) with no issues until the most recent HX Stomp update (3.50).

The DAW no longer compensates for delay / latency on playback. I am by no means a Cubase expert - however I have used the software for about a decade and I am familiar with interface setup / ASIO / delay compensation.

I have tried using another audio interface (Steinberg UR22 mkII) with the same DAW. This solved the problem. This test combined with the problem appearing only after the Helix update makes me think the issue is with the HX Stomp. I have updated Windows, drivers, and Cubase to no avail.

Any insight you folks can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I wonder if your issue has anything in common with the issue some users were having with Cakewalk after the 3.50 update. If so, those users got around it by uninstalling the Line6 version 1.97 driver and (if it was no longer installed) reinstalling the 1.96 driver which you can find on the downloads page. I guess those users are now hoping for a 1.98 update to the driver but until then...

Btw, you stated you already tried updating drivers but I'm not sure which ones, so apologies if this is redundant. If you have not already, I might try reinstalling my ASIO driver or download and reinstall the 1.97 version driver from the HX Edit 3.50 update.

Line 6

On 11/4/2022 at 12:08 PM, jshearer94 said:

I opened a ticket and they wanted to confirm I was up to date in HX Edit as well as the unit itself. (I was). Since clicking the question mark in the bottom left and checking the status I can now click and drag like usual. So if someone runs into that problem, maybe checking for an update (that wasn't there) fixes it? Not sure, but mine is working now. 

I have an enhancement request - please increase the timeout of the Tempo configuration page or make it persistent until next UI action is performed outside the page - there’s not enough time to adjust the tempo and listen to the results when setting global tempo with the knob by ear, the page closes too soon. Thank you. This is Helix Floor 3.5.

On 11/10/2022 at 3:37 PM, pomor said:

I have an enhancement request - please increase the timeout of the Tempo configuration page or make it persistent until next UI action is performed outside the page - there’s not enough time to adjust the tempo and listen to the results when setting global tempo with the knob by ear, the page closes too soon. Thank you. This is Helix Floor 3.5.

Wrong forum, nobody from L6 hangs out here. Post your request here:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/login

Search first to make sure it hasn't already been requested.

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2022 at 4:21 PM, rd2rk said:

Wrong forum, nobody from L6 hangs out here. Post your request here:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/login

Search first to make sure it hasn't already been requested.

Thank you for your reply. So, this forum is called “Helix bug reports” and L6 don’t read it? What is the point in submitting bug reports here then, since no-one except L6 can fix bugs? Also, few posts prior you responded to someone’s bug report: “Reported and verified. They're working on it.” Was that bug reported to L6 via ideascale or some other, actual L6 bug tracking system? Appreciate if you clarify.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:21 PM, pomor said:

Thank you for your reply. So, this forum is called “Helix bug reports” and L6 don’t read it? What is the point in submitting bug reports here then, since no-one except L6 can fix bugs? Also, few posts prior you responded to someone’s bug report: “Reported and verified. They're working on it.” Was that bug reported to L6 via ideascale or some other, actual L6 bug tracking system? Appreciate if you clarify.

EDIT: IMO

This forum exists so that L6 users can solve other L6 users' problems and save L6 support a whole lotta time and money.

Ideascale exists for L6 users to present their ideas and feature requests, not for reporting bugs.

L6 SUPPORT is the only dependable way to get bugs to the attention of the developers.

Once someone at L6 has certified that it is, in fact a bug and not just operator error as most of the problems reported here as BUGS usually turn out to be, the support staff kicks it up to the developers who add it to the backlog of stuff they have on their plates.

On 11/10/2022 at 5:37 PM, rd2rk said:

This forum exists so that L6 users can solve other L6 users' problems and save L6 support a whole lotta time and money.

Ideascale exists for L6 users to present their ideas and feature requests, not for reporting bugs.

L6 SUPPORT is the only dependable way to get bugs to the attention of the developers.

Once someone at L6 has certified that it is, in fact a bug and not just operator error as most of the problems reported here as BUGS usually turn out to be, the support staff kicks it up to the developers who add it to the backlog of stuff they have on their plates.

Thanks, this makes sense. If I may suggest, it would be great if you guys put this exact information into the top post in this forum that currently reads “This topic is not intended for bad-mouthing the Helix but for providing Line6 with maximum feedback to assist them in fixing issues as early as possible.”, which creates an impression that this forum is indeed targeted directly at L6, and maybe change the title to something like “Helix Bug Discussion” (unless existing contributors would get too confused by such a change) - somehow I think I’m not the first (and probably will not be the last) person who got slightly confused here… 25 years in the software industry makes you interpret the phrase “bug reports” in a very specific way. Cheers!

On 11/10/2022 at 7:09 PM, pomor said:

Thanks, this makes sense. If I may suggest, it would be great if you guys put this exact information into the top post in this forum that currently reads “This topic is not intended for bad-mouthing the Helix but for providing Line6 with maximum feedback to assist them in fixing issues as early as possible.”, which creates an impression that this forum is indeed targeted directly at L6

I should have prefaced my post with "IMO". My opinion is based on how rarely anyone from L6 replies, but for all I know somebody DOES read it. If so and what they do as follow up is a mystery to me.

Anyhow, fixed it!

Instant commands are not saved :

- in .hlx preset export file (so are lost when reimporting)

- when making a preset copy/paste from one preset slot to another.

Configuration : Hx effects, firmware 3.50, from boot (without reloading previous backup).

Creation of a new preset, with 2 snapshots

Declaration of 2 instant commands :

- IC#1 : Program change midi chanel = 1, prog = 2

- IC#2 : Control change midi chanel = 3, CC = 4, value = 5

Then IC#1 modified for snapshot 2 :

- IC#1 : Program change midi chanel = 1, prog = 7

In exported .hlx file (see below the whole file), only type of IC command is exported (19 = PC, 18=CC) :

"commandInst1" : {
    "@command" : 19
   },
   "commandInst2" : {
    "@command" : 18
   },

Midi chanel, CC number and values are not exported

In addition, differences (here in IC#1) between snapshots are not exported in "snapshots" section of .hlx file :

"snapshot1" : {

[...]

"@fs_enabled" : false
     },
     }

[...]

"snapshot2" : {

[...]

},
     }

-----------------------------

Here is the complete .hlx file :

{
 "data" : {
  "device" : 2162693,
  "device_version" : 55574528,
  "meta" : {
   "application" : "HX Edit",
   "appversion" : 50331648,
   "build_sha" : "3d6176f",
   "modifieddate" : 1668163552,
   "name" : "MyPreset"
  },
  "tone" : {
   "commandFS1" : {
    "@command" : 7,
    "@fs_customlabel" : "Switch Tip-GND",
    "@fs_enabled" : true,
    "@fs_label" : "Ext Amp",
    "@fs_ledcolor" : 7077838,
    "@fs_momentary" : false,
    "@fs_primary" : true,
    "@select" : 2
   },
   "commandFS2" : {
    "@command" : 7,
    "@fs_customlabel" : "Switch Ring-GND ",
    "@fs_enabled" : false,
    "@fs_label" : "Ext Amp",
    "@fs_ledcolor" : 462860,
    "@fs_primary" : true,
    "@select" : 3
   },
    "@command" : 19
   },
    "@command" : 18
   },
   "dsp0" : {
    "block0" : {
     "@enabled" : true,
     "@model" : "HD2_VolPanGain",
     "@no_snapshot_bypass" : false,
     "@path" : 0,
     "@position" : 0,
     "@stereo" : false,
     "@type" : 0,
     "Gain" : 8.99779
    },
    "inputA" : {
     "@input" : 1,
     "@model" : "HelixFx_AppDSPFlowInput"
    },
    "inputB" : {
     "@input" : 0,
     "@model" : "HelixFx_AppDSPFlowInput"
    },
    "join" : {
     "@model" : "HD2_AppDSPFlowJoin",
     "@position" : 9,
     "A Level" : 0.0,
     "A Pan" : 0.50,
     "B Level" : 0.0,
     "B Pan" : 0.50,
     "B Polarity" : false,
     "Level" : 0.0
    },
    "outputA" : {
     "@model" : "HelixFx_AppDSPFlowOutput",
     "@output" : 1,
     "gain" : 0.0,
     "pan" : 0.50
    },
    "outputB" : {
     "@model" : "HelixFx_AppDSPFlowOutput",
     "@output" : 0,
     "gain" : 0.0,
     "pan" : 0.50
    },
    "split" : {
     "@model" : "HD2_AppDSPFlowSplitY",
     "@position" : 0,
     "BalanceA" : 0.50,
     "BalanceB" : 0.50,
     "bypass" : false
    }
   },
   "dsp1" : {},
   "footswitch" : {
     "block0" : {
      "@fs_index" : 3,
      "@fs_label" : "Gain",
      "@fs_ledcolor" : 65408,
      "@fs_primary" : true
     }
    }
   },
   "global" : {
    "@DtSelect" : 2,
    "@PowercabMode" : 0,
    "@PowercabSelect" : 2,
    "@PowercabVoicing" : 0,
    "@current_snapshot" : 1,
    "@cursor_dsp" : 0,
    "@cursor_group" : "block0",
    "@cursor_path" : 0,
    "@cursor_position" : 0,
    "@guitarinputZ" : 0,
    "@model" : "@global_params",
    "@pedalstate" : 0,
    "@tempo" : 120.0,
    "@topology0" : "A",
    "@topology1" : 0
   },
   "snapshot0" : {
    "@ledcolor" : 0,
    "@name" : "Tune 1",
    "@valid" : true,
    "blocks" : {
      "block0" : true
     }
    },
    "commands" : {
      "@fs_momentary" : 0,
     },
     },
     },
     }
    }
   },
   "snapshot1" : {
    "@name" : "Tune 2",
    "@valid" : true,
     }
    },
     },
     },
     },
     }
    }
   },
   "snapshot2" : {
    "@name" : "",
    "@tempo" : 0.0,
    "@valid" : false,
     }
    },
      "@select" : 0
     },
     },
     },
     }
    }
   },
   "snapshot3" : {
    "@name" : "",
    "@tempo" : 0.0,
    "@valid" : false,
     }
    },
     },
     },
     },
     }
    }
   },
   "variax" : {
    "@variax_customtuning" : true,
    "@variax_lockctrls" : 0,
    "@variax_magmode" : true,
    "@variax_model" : 0,
    "@variax_str1tuning" : 0,
    "@variax_str2tuning" : 0,
    "@variax_str3tuning" : 0,
    "@variax_str4tuning" : 0,
    "@variax_str5tuning" : 0,
    "@variax_str6tuning" : 0,
    "@variax_toneknob" : -0.10,
    "@variax_volumeknob" : -0.10
   }
  }
 },
 "meta" : {
  "original" : 0,
  "pbn" : 0,
  "premium" : 0
 },
 "schema" : "L6Preset",
 "version" : 6
}

On 11/11/2022 at 5:54 AM, VEVEF32 said:

Instant commands are not saved :

- in .hlx preset export file (so are lost when reimporting)

- when making a preset copy/paste from one preset slot to another.

Configuration : Hx effects, firmware 3.50, from boot (without reloading previous backup).

Creation of a new preset, with 2 snapshots

Declaration of 2 instant commands :

- IC#1 : Program change midi chanel = 1, prog = 2

- IC#2 : Control change midi chanel = 3, CC = 4, value = 5

Then IC#1 modified for snapshot 2 :

- IC#1 : Program change midi chanel = 1, prog = 7

In exported .hlx file (see below the whole file), only type of IC command is exported (19 = PC, 18=CC) : ...

You can use the 'File' --> 'Extract Files From Backup' command in HX Edit on an older backup, prior to the 3.50 update to compare and contrast export files from different points of time in your update process. I imagine you will want to ensure the MIDI information is available in these prior backups before doing a factory reset.

Another piece of troubleshooting I would probably do would be, restoring one of my pre 3.50 exported presets with MIDI commands, and seeing if the MIDI info comes with it. Also, goes without saying that I would confirm that the current preset that you showed in your .json sample actually saved on the device with the MIDI commands.

Did you do the recommended factory reset? You indicated you have not reloaded the previous backup. If you have not done either of these steps (make a backup first), that would be my first order of business once I established that my MIDI settings would also be restored.

Additionally, check in HX Edit under 'Help' --> 'About HX Edit' and make sure you have the 3.50 version of the editor. Not just the 3.50 firmware.

It looks like the 3.5 factory setlist TEMPLATES is broken - the actual presets are shifted one preset back with relation to their titles in the preset list, as illustrated below: the first preset called "Quick Start" is not the actual "Quick Start" preset as it was in 3.15, but in fact it is the "Parallel Spans" preset. The actual "Quick Start" preset is missing. Next preset called "Parallel Spans" is in turn the actual "SNP:4-Amp Spill" preset, an so on. Not a terribly huge deal since you can always just restore 3.15 TEMPLATES from backup, but still looks like a bug. 

Capture.PNG.0a83041aaf392d1187d81c5f8003ea37.PNG1642784273_Capture1.PNG.dc188bba48a0cea29ff3b4714b82e35b.PNG

• Upvote 2

On 11/12/2022 at 12:47 PM, Txepa said:

0? Hola, por qué se me han bloqueado algunos efectos al actualizar 3'50?

jjjjjjjj.jpg

Hola,

Parece como si estuviera editando el Preset 01A y estuviera tratando de agregar un bloque de efecto Poly Shift. El efecto Poly Shift utiliza grandes cantidades de DSP, de hecho, podría ser casi la mitad de una ruta completa. Si desea albergar un efecto Poly, mueva los otros bloques hacia abajo en la ruta 2 dejando la ruta superior vacía; esto le permitirá obtener el efecto deseado. Si algo parece no estar disponible es porque ha agotado el DSP disponible. Nota: los efectos mono usan menos DSP.
Consulte la página 31 del manual del propietario de Helix para obtener más información.
https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f041b611d61cac763b/application/pdf/Helix 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev F - English .pdf

Espero que esto ayude/tenga sentido

• Upvote 1

This is a new issue I started having after updating to 3.5

At home, I create my tones listening via the headphone out using the same IEMs I use live and everything sounds great and stereo works as expected.

When I play live, I use the stereo XLR outs. I played 2 shows this week and both times it sounded incredibly thin, almost out of phase, and there were problems with the stereo spread.

I’m running through an x32 mixer and everything is panned correctly, I’ve checked everything on the x32 and it’s definitely the Helix producing the issue. 

I tried panning the main output block on Helix hard left, and then hard right, which produced very interesting results. When I pan hard left, I get nothing on either channel. When I pan hard right, I get signal through both.

From that, I’ve concluded that the right channel is coming out of both xlr outs instead of left coming out of left, and right coming out of right. This doesn’t happen via headphone out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2022 at 1:48 PM, tagmusenmagnus1 said:

Just updated to 3.50. 

The Line 6 Litigator can not change cabs in the new Amp/cab-block. When using legacy it is working fine.

Not seeing that on HXS or Helix Floor, using HX Edit or on the device.

Try a Factory Reset.

• Upvote 1

Hi there.

I upgraded to 3.5 and it seems I can no longer control the model of my Variax from the bypass control. As you can see in the screenshot below, I split my path A/B for electric or acoustic, assigned to footswitch 1. I also have a variax (preset) model assigned to footswitch 1.

The expected behavior is when footswitch one is disabled, the variax is set to spank-1 and the top route is selected (wah, dist, amp, cab). When it is enabled, it switches to the lower path (comp, gain, eq) and sets the variax model to acoustic-5. The model knob on the variax can override the set models, but they will always reset when pressing footswitch 1.

This was all functional before 3.5. Now the path switches, but the model never changes from what is set on the guitar knob. 

PpUdaRZ.png

Is there a new setting or something I am missing that is preventing the helix from setting the model?

Thanks

On 11/28/2022 at 12:47 AM, dickmannma said:

Hi there.

I upgraded to 3.5 and it seems I can no longer control the model of my Variax from the bypass control. As you can see in the screenshot below, I split my path A/B for electric or acoustic, assigned to footswitch 1. I also have a variax (preset) model assigned to footswitch 1.

The expected behavior is when footswitch one is disabled, the variax is set to spank-1 and the top route is selected (wah, dist, amp, cab). When it is enabled, it switches to the lower path (comp, gain, eq) and sets the variax model to acoustic-5. The model knob on the variax can override the set models, but they will always reset when pressing footswitch 1.

This was all functional before 3.5. Now the path switches, but the model never changes from what is set on the guitar knob. 

PpUdaRZ.png

Is there a new setting or something I am missing that is preventing the helix from setting the model?

Thanks

Did you take a backup and do the factory reset and restore after your upgrade? If not, execute those steps.

In the Input block do you have 'Variax Settings' = "Per Preset" on the second parameter page?

Note: Once set in one preset it is set in all.

Btw, the following is a known bug in the 3.50 release notes

• In some cases, the Input block's Variax Tone Knob setting is not recalled across preset changes

Good morning all! I started having the following issue with my Helix ever since the v3.5 update:

I've been using my Helix (Rack) in 4CM with a Line 6 DT25 amp for about a year, also connected via MIDI to send messages changing preamp models, Drive level, and Channel Volume. It works great, sounds killer - love it all around. On Saturday Nov 19 toward the end of rehearsal I had a problem where the amp suddenly started emitting a loud "OOOOOOO", low-frequency feedback-type noise. I immediately shut it off and we ended rehearsal early. I dropped the amp off at my tech later that week but he has not yet tested it. Saturday Nov 26 we had a gig, and I played using the same setup with a different amp (I have three DT25s - one head and two 1x12 combos), and in the middle of our first set the same thing happened again. I shut off the amp and finished the set using just the Helix. At the end of the set I turned the amp back on and did a quick test, and everything was working fine. I went back to using the DT for the second set and had no issues. Last night I was playing (with the same DT25 head), and it happened a third time. Because this happened three times with two different amps in a span of 20 days, and the Helix was the common denominator in all three instances, we're starting to think that it is the culprit (if the DT25 combo passes bench test it will be an even more compelling indictment of the Helix). Only two things in my setup have changed prior to the onset of this behavior:

- I updated to v3.5 on Saturday Nov 5.
- I used to use separate Send and Return blocks to go through the amp (for no reason other than ignorance). I changed all my patches to utilize a single FX Loop block just to clean up the path, free up space, etc. That said, last night I changed all my patches back to separate Send/Return blocks, and the problem occurred again AFTER I had done this.

Per my amp tech: "The firmware upgrade may have loaded an error that's producing a random command to link an input and output which would cause an electronic feedback loop which would produce the howl. Imagine sticking a PA microphone directly in front of the cone of a PA speaker." What's weird is that this happens in the middle of playing - not immediately after making a patch/snapshot change, or something like that. That said, after a year of great, worry-free operation in this setup, followed by three instances of this issue in 20 days following the firmware update, I'm naturally suspicious that something in there is to blame. For now I've downgraded back to v3.15.

Any thoughts, similar experience, etc?